Is Christmas Biblical

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Sultan @ Dec. 20 2005,15:04)
    I saw this in another thread mentioned and figured to give it it's own thread. I was born a Muslim and never celebrated holidays. When I became a Christian I looked forward to celebrating them except I couldn't find them in the Bible (Christmas,Easter,etc). I understand that Romans 14:5-6 say,” One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks”.

The Bible also tells us to come out and be seperate. How can I truly celebrate a day that all the wicked celebrate , and has no scriptural background, and was created by man, and still obey God when He says, Be not conformed to this world, but be you transformed?”

AMEN BROTHER! You do love the truth!

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (MrBob @ Dec. 25 2005,16:16)
    Great find of the passage of the tree, Eliyah. I knew many idols were cut out of wood, but I didn't know that trees themselves could be idols. It makes you wonder why there are gifts at the bottom of the tree.

Anyway, though the origins of the holiday are clear, I believe we shouldn't make judgements on brother who celebrate Christmas unknowing of it's origins. We should telll them, of course, but we shouldn't assume they're going to hell, especially if they truly follow Yah.

Let me explain. Earlier this week at work,  My co-worker and his newly wed wife had a problem with moving into their new home, and they can't  legally live there until next week. He was very calm about the situation. His wife, however, was not so. She was in tears, saying she didn't want to wake up on Christmas morning in an empty apartment with no tree. He was trying to calm her down, saying that the reason for celebrating was the birth of Yahweh's son, and we should be thankful.

So the point I'm trying to make here is that they are believers out there who celebrate Christmas for the reason of Yahshua/Yashua/Jesus' (Which one is the “real” name?) birth, regardless of everyone else. I guess you could say there is a difference between Christmas and CHRISTmas.

It really bothers me how people celebrate the holiday only for the reason that everyone else does. It's disgusting how people mix sin with the supposed birth of the saviour. What also is troubling is the fact that people think they should be more generous and loving during Christmas, but it's okay being an ass the rest of the year. As for us, we should celebrate Jesus day–every day. Every day on earth should be a holiday, for we are blessed by the grace and love of our Father.

Alrighty, next question: Is Hanukkah Biblical? I haven't found anything in the scriptures, but according to the History Channel, Hanukkah is based on a revolution due to the Jew's refusal to worship false gods.

Hi MrBob,

I believe the scripture your looking for about what I call the first x-mas tree is Jer. 10:1-4. :)

Eliyah
    Participant

Right kenrch,

I gave this in an earlier post, however, here it is again, but back then it was called “” the Saturnilia or Brumalia, then the catholics adopted it from the pagan Jesuit priests “” into their version of christianity.

Totally pagan and tradition of men, and the Messiah said, “”” In vain( meaning for nothing ) do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men, for laying ASIDE THE COMMANDMENTS OF YAH( El) you hold or keep the traditions of men…..””( Mark 7:6-9).

( Jer.10:2-4) 2 Thus saith YAHWEH of hosts, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain( meaning they are doing it for nothing): for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not

Changing the name as humans have done makes no difference, however, to YAHWEH ALMIGHTY it is the same custom and tradition, which is also practice of Idolatry by SYNCRETISIM, for He ( YAH-Psalms68:4)changes not( Mal.3:6)

Eliyah C. still on the net!

Eliyah
    Participant

Brother MrBob,

Anyway, though the origins of the holiday are clear, I believe we shouldn't make judgements on brother who celebrate Christmas unknowing of it's origins. We should telll them, of course, but we shouldn't assume they're going to hell, especially if they truly follow Yah.

Very true, and that was even my point concerning people's use of the adopted pagan title of L-rd and G-d too, I'm not judging them, just using discernment and telling people the truth of scriptures, however, when the knowledge of THE TRUTH( Thy Word is truth John 17:17) is shown, we must be willing to repent and change to conform to Yahshua Messiah and what the scriptures say, otherwise if we do not, and continue to wilfully sin and disobey AFTER we have received the knowledge of the truth, then Yahshua's blood Sacrifice for those willfully committed sins is invalid( Hosea 4:6; Hebrews 10:26).

There is proof of scriptures that Messiah's real birth was arround the FALL of the year arround the “” FEAST OF TABERNACLES “”, by the chroniology of John the Baptists birth, for there is only a few month differences in their births( Remember when Elizebeth and Mary Met the babe jumped in its mother's womb?, they were BOTH Pregnant at the same time.), and when you check this out, and the “” priesthood watch of Zechariah, John's Father “”, there is proof that both John and Messiah was born arround “” the feast of tabernacles in the fall of the year.

If I can find time, I will put up this scriptural proof.

Is Hanukkah Biblical?

I haven't found this in the scriptures, however, this was started by the Jews at a later date than Messiah.

May Yah bless you Brother Mr Bob, and may He increase your understanding of His word, and that you receive THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURES to search out His truth( John 17:17) and to live by it.

Eliyah C.

Eliyah
    Participant

Also, Mr. Bob, you said something else that is very important too.

Great find of the passage of the tree, Eliyah. I knew many idols were cut out of wood, but I didn't know that trees themselves could be idols. It makes you wonder why there are gifts at the bottom of the tree

And when you bend your knees or bend over to pick up those gifts at the bottom of the tree, it is symbolic of bending before that idol, which is symbolic of worship of the idol to Almighty Yah, even tho millions have not realized this either also.

Some great words from you Mr. Bob.

Eliyah
    Participant

Correction on my part.

Is Hanukkah Biblical?
    I haven't found this in the scriptures, however, this was started by the Jews at an EARLIER date than Messiah.

I meant to say earlier, not later, sorry, I'm not feeling very well, I'm still on an IV in my arm called vancomiasion an antibiotic from staff infection while they cut my back open( 6inch cut now) 3 times in 2 months.

Sorry for that slight mistake.

MrBob
    Participant

Sound painful. I'll keep praying for you.

I just read the first chapter of a book. The chapter showed the uncompromising belief of the three Jewish provincal governors under Nebuchanazzar. We should be like that.

Anyway, I felt bad because I haven't discussed any of this with my family or believing co-workers, etc. Pray that I can have the words to say and the courage to carry it out. Should I accept given by my parents and friends for Christmas? I already used them (beard trimmer and razor).

Also, looking at the site I linked to earlier, I found that Christmas wasn't really celebrated in America until th 1830's or 1840's. Interesting stuff.

About the lights, the site also mentions that Martin Luther was the first person to light a Christmas tree. The reason was he was amazed at the view of the stars among an evergreen forest. I had this same thought while in the town across the river from me. A “holiday” tree at the City Council/School Board was lit with blue lights that matched the stars. It also reminded me of God, since God can be represented by the color blue (somewhere in Rev.). But that's still no excuse.

Eliyah
    Participant

Thanks Mr. Bob, and I you too.

Anyway, I felt bad because I haven't discussed any of this with my family or believing co-workers, etc. Pray that I can have the words to say and the courage to carry it out. Should I accept given by my parents and friends for Christmas? I already used them (beard trimmer and razor).

Oh True Holy Father Yah bless your heart Mr. Bob, mention it to them in casual form if they ask you showing them the scriptures.

Please true Sacred Father Yah give Mr.Bob the words to say in courage to those that ask of him, show him your great Name and Power, fill him with your true Holy Spirit that he may truely know you and be uplifted, understand your true scriptures, and to obey your sacred Word, for he has a willing heart as you can see as you know his heart and the minds of all men and women, I ask you Holy Father in the Name of your precious Son Yahshua Messiah's precious blood to cleanse him of all sin for Mr. Bob. Amien.

HalleluYAH!! Praise your Mighty Name YAH!

Your servant Eliyah C.

Eliyah
    Participant

Should I accept given by my parents and friends for Christmas? I already used them (beard trimmer and razor).

Don't refuse them Mr. Bob, they are your family and friends, you can let them know in time when they ask you, however, just say it in a gentle honest way that you have given up the tradition to obey the truth of scriptures.

I also have family that sends me chr-st mass cards, I do not refuse them, however, they do know that I do not celebrate the custom tho., they still get along with me and I them, however, I have let them know that the
    custom is not scriptural and have proven it to them, and let them make up their own minds.

Yah be with you Mr. Bob

Eliyah
    Participant

Mr. Bob,

They are honest in their belief, they have just not been shown the truth, and maybe their minds have not been opened up by Almighty Yah to know this truth, accept it, however you know the truth, pray that the Father Yahweh will open their minds to the truth, and when they ask you, show them the truth in the scriptures in kindness, then, maybe they too will understand too. It takes time, and put it in Yah's hands in prayer to Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

This is topical

david
    Participant

Yes it is.

david
    Participant

So you asked me what I do. And I've told you now twice in two different threads. What do you do? Look around. What do you see on that day, other than your loved ones, which you could and should see every day?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Do you knock on doors the same as every other day?
    Should you not meet with friends and family and if you do should you put on sackcloth and look miserable?
    Or do you eat meals with whoever comes in a spirit of hospitality?

david
    Participant

Do you knock on doors the same as every other day?

I think some do. I don't think I've personally ever gone out on Christmas. Even though Christmas is supposed to be all about Jesus, for some reason, few want to discuss him when their families are over, or want to be seen talking to JW when their family is behind them. How odd.

Should you not meet with friends and family and if you do should you put on sackcloth and look miserable?

It's an odd question that I don't really understand. “Should you not meet with friends…” We can alwasy meet with friends Nick. We probably do get together more on days when people in general aren't working. But it isn't in a spirit of Christmas or such customs. There is no hint at anything like that. It isn't the reason we would be together if we were. I have no idea what the restof your question meant.

Or do you eat meals with whoever comes in a spirit of hospitality?

People of the “whoever” variety tend not to just come over to my place. While JW's go to people everywhere, other than ones selling chocolate bars, few people show up at my door.
    Nick, there is nothing wrong with getting together with friends. I've never said that, have I? But I get the feeling the spirit of christmas with it's decorations tracing back to ancient false worship is involved. And I get the feeling a point is made of doing it on that day for that reason, with you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You have said I celebrate christmas.
    If you do the same things then does that not make you either wrong or a hypocrite?

david
    Participant

Nick, I have asked you about 14 times in the past 2 years whether you celebrate Christmas. Your complete refusal to answer with any clarity seemed to indicate the answer was “yes.”
    You still won't answer any of my direct questions. What am I to think? Nick, I do not celebrate Christmas, nor did I ever say that. I have said: I do not celebrate Christmas.

Can you say the same?

Please do, if you can.

If not, why do you try to compare you, to me?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The JWs boast that they are not of the world because they do not celebrate christmas. Yet david is having a difficult time explaining what it means to celebrate christmas. Can someone help him as he is sure we are evil but cannot put it in words.

david
    Participant

Nick, you are …. ridiculous. I'm sorry. It's true. I usually don't speak this way of people. So I'm sorry to say this of you. But I am having no difficulty in explaining anything.

I have answered all your questions. You have ignored the past 10 questions of mine and after being shown to be wrong on something you asserted, you completely ignored it like a child.

Because of the way you are treating me, others are saddened. Please act in a more appropriate way.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You have not yet explained why you are righteous in how you approach christmas and others are evil so far and since this is a prime teaching of the JWs you must have answers written somewhere. We need to know how to clean up our act if we are identified as sinners.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account