Internet – A thinking machine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 18 2011,15:22)
    Been thinking and I guess this is a place to put it.

Will Jesus find any faith on earth when he comes?

The opposite of faith is doubt.

Santa Claus it started with I believe. The vulnerable minds of the children. Belief in something you cant see, then tell them it wasnt real.

Then was TV. Once again, what is reality and what isnt in a childs mind. Things appear real, but the child learns eventually that it isnt real.

And now is the playstations, and the Internet.

Doesnt it say that the eyes of the Jews were blinded by Satan and they missed their Messiah? Satan will decieve the world once more toward the end.

When you are being decieved, you dont know it.

The antichrist is described as a He or a Him. Was this an error of wording? Are we looking for the wrong thing? A man.

“But I am afraid that somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve in his craftiness, so your minds might be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” 2 Corin 11:3.

you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the children of disobedience”. Ephes 2:2

Doubt is the killer.

Jesus spoke repeatedly about  doubt and faith.

“Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, proof of things not seen”. Hebrews 11:1

Barnes' notes on the Bible:
    “There is scarcely any verse of the New Testament more important than this, for it states what is the nature of all true faith, and is the only definition of it which is attempted in the Scriptures. Eternal life depends on the existence and exercise of faith Mark 16:16, and hence, the importance of an accurate understanding of its nature”.

Are we in a generation where doubt is always on the mind of the young? And as parents, are we to blame if we continue to allow them to (watch TV, play the playstation etc)? especiallly if we have come to realise this.

Karmarie

that statement;Will Jesus find any faith on earth when he comes?

this in direct reference to the true faith of his gospel.

there are many who have faith but not according to God words.

so to possess the true faith we have to learn it ,in what? how? why ? who ?

now after that move are we having doubts ??

this would be a problem and should be corrected soon,

but those questions should not be of no consequence to the true Christians who knows is faith and in who he believes in.

Pierre

karmarie
    Participant

Hi all, thanks. But I'm really curious about this, about the tv, games, internet, and what kind of effect it has on young minds and faith. I was reading once how tv can be used in mind control for example. Have to look into that more.

Baker
    Participant

The problem with topics is, no body can stick to them, but every body has to have an answer, even if it means changing the topic.

Georg

karmarie
    Participant

The topic, the internet, a thinking machine.

'w' in Hebrew has a numeric value of 6.
    www=666.

karmarie
    Participant

It is the number of a man.
    Mans creation was on day 6.
    The mark on the right hand or forehead…..I remember from the adventists, they believed the right hand had to do with what we do, and the forehead was with what we think….something like that. Not a literal mark.
    I know people say it has to do with a kingdom. But hasnt man created his own world or kingdom within the internet? If you think about it. The same with tv.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 20 2011,20:34)
    The mark on the right hand or forehead…..I remember from the adventists, they believed the right hand had to do with what we do, and the forehead was with what we think….something like that. Not a literal mark.
    I know people say it has to do with a kingdom. But hasnt man created his own world or kingdom within the internet? If you think about it. The same with tv.

Greetings K…. It is indeed the number of a man,and I might add with multiple derivitives one being “Lat e nos” or latin man this 666 translation always facinated me because of its ambiguity between spanish and roman…The spanish being obvious but roman pointing towards antiquity and the roman empire or its revision being the roman church,of which there is absolute head who claims infalibility on issues of God and the church……It is through the internet that prophecy will be viewed by the world as it unfolds…The internet is one of the final gifts of creation the Eternal has bestowed on man and it is no surprise that it is being used to demonstrate mans enmity towards God….We will be able to view the demise of Gods witnesses and their subsequent resurection as well as the assembling of the armies at magido and Jesus' glorious return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords…It is conceivable that this will be presented on you tube….No Government can control this media as we are witnessing in the hear and now.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 20 2011,20:11)
    The topic, the internet, a thinking machine.

'w' in Hebrew has a numeric value of 6.
    www=666.

Hi Karmarie,

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!
    There is NO “W” SOUND in Hebrew!
    The “vav” [ו] has a “V” sound, and a “value” of 6.
    And “computer” (as it is related) has a value of 111 NOT 666 !
    Lucifer always tricks others to work as a distraction away from the truth of God!

From small to LARGE YHVH(63) is at The Center of all Truth including “The Bible”(63).

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center Chapter], and the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

WWW(69)JEHOVAH(69)

God is using the “World Wide Web” to get his Truth
    out to a world wide audience, so it's no wonder “WWW” equals 69!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH! (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org   …(Eccl.9:12-16)

PS> For more on Theomatics…   <a href="https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?
    act=ST;f=20;t=2720;st=0″ target=”_blank”>Click Here

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 20 2011,20:34)

Hi Karmarie,

Here is the real meaning of 666!
             Also Click Here <– Click Here for more

Enjoy!

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Internet has been a game changer for many businesses.

The music industry, retail, and businesses of many kind have changed because of the power of the Web. Here in NZ, 3 chains of established book stores are going bust just this week.

Even Microsoft who onced ruled computing is now being pushed aside by Internet centric companies.

Now countries are changing. We are seeing kingdoms in the Middle East starting to fall because people can self-organise through the power of the Web and in particular social media.

Who or what will replace this fall of established powers and kings?

What's next?

karmarie
    Participant

I really wish I could watch all those videos, but my internet connection is too slow.

Interesting thoughts though.

How to get 666 from www?

Quote – “The Hebrew and Greek alphabet does not have separate characters or alphabets for numbers and letters. Letters are also used as numbers. So each letter is a numerical value.
    The Hebrew equivalent of our “w” is the letter “vav” or “waw”. The numerical value of vav is 6. So the English “www” transliterated into Hebrew is “vav vav vav”, which numerically is 666.” – Unquote.

http://www.av1611.org/666/www_666.html

I prefer to go from the words of Jesus and Paul, the book of Revelations is too open to wrong understanding, as can be seen from the many different opinions on what it all means. You do know that Luther and others dismissed the book of Revelation ?

In his 1522 preface to the book of Revelation, Luther wrote:

Quote – “About this Book of Revelation of John, I leave everyone free to hold his own opinion. I miss more than one thing in this book and it makes me consider it to be neither apostolic nor prophetic . . . There is no prophet in the Old Testament, to say nothing of the New, who deals exclusively with images. For myself, I think it approximates the Fourth Book of Esdras. I can in no way detect that the Holy Spirit produced it . . . They are supposed to be blessed who keep what is written in this book and yet no one knows what it is, to say nothing of keeping it . . . My spirit cannot accommodate itself to this book . . . Christ is neither taught nor known in it . . . Therefore I stick to the books which present Christ to me, clearly and purely . . . This is the way it has been with this book heretofore. Many have tried their hands at it. But until this very day they have also let it alone until now, especially because some of the ancient fathers held it was not the work of St. John the Apostle . . . For our part, we share this doubt.” – Unquote

http://www.jesuswordsonly.com/Recomme&#8230;.on.html

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 22 2011,00:31)

The music industry, retail, and businesses of many kind have changed because of the power of the Web. Here in NZ, 3 chains of established book stores are going bust just this week.

Even Microsoft who onced ruled computing is now being pushed aside by Internet centric companies.

Now countries are changing. We are seeing kingdoms in the Middle East starting to fall because people can self-organise through the power of the Web and in particular social media.

What's next?

Hi T8,

Daniel 7:13-14  I saw in the night visions, and, behold,
    one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven,
    and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near
    before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and
    a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve
    him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass
    away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. (The End)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 22 2011,00:31)

What's next?

Greetings t8…. IMO we will see the formation of a Califate and history will be repeated as it was during the days of the Ottermen empire…It is Europe that will confront this organized Islam and it will prevail after much bloodshed…This confrontation will be initialized as a blitzcrieg stlye massive attack,not ruling out tactical nukes…The US will be in throws of domestic unrest coupled with a total economic colapse…IMO coming to our world very soon…

mikeangel
    Participant

Hey Theo,

I can wrap my head around that, it might be.. Here is what I think is going to happen. I have stated on here a place or two that I thought Israel was crusing for a bruising from God for all the abominable practices going on there. I think that once the rest of the countrys in the Middle East get out of control, they all share one thing in common, they HATE Jews, really, really bad. They will attack it, and then we will see God will do. No matter how sinful they are and have been over and over in the bible “Whoever touches you touches the apple of my eye”. Armeggido time baby, light the fuse. god will be a shield to those who have recourse to him……Peace-Mark

karmarie
    Participant

Not according to early church fathers. They believed the Antichrist would gather together the Jews from every country and bring them back and establish again their kingdom and nation…….interesting. Who did that?

You can find it here.

http://www.marianland.com/antichrist/antichrist001.html

Scroll partway down the page and there's a summary on what they believed way back in the earliest church apparently.

Example St. Hippolytus Approx 120AD say's;

“Christ arose from among the Hebrews, and he (Antichrist) will spring from among the Jews. Christ showed His flesh as a Temple, and raised it up on the third day; and he, too, will raise up again the Temple of stone in Jerusalem.”

“In every respect that Deceiver seeks to make himself appear like the Son of God. Christ is king of things celestial and terrestrial, and Antichrist will be king upon earth. The Saviour sent the Apostles unto all the nations, and he, in like manner will send false apostles. Christ gathered together the dispersed sheep, and he in like manner will gather together the dispersed people of the Hebrews. Christ appeared in the form of man, and he in like manner will come forth in the form of man.”

“He will call together the whole people to himself, out of every country of the Dispersion, making them his own, as though they were his own children, and promising to restore their country and establish again their kingdom and nation, in order that he may be worshipped by them as God.” (St. Hippolytus)

kerwin
    Participant

karmarie,

Scripture does testify that Christ will gother his people to Jerusalem. That is what the thousand years will be from what I know. I do not know of any scripture that supports the argument that the Antichrist will. I tend to think Israeli, Lebanon, and that area will be sanctuaries for those that flee the Antichrists persecution of the people of Jesus. I do not believe the time ripe for that.

I do believe the time of the Gentiles is over which is why Jews now claim Israel as their homeland.

terraricca
    Participant

all

the time as come

Lk 12:2 There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

I believe that we will find out very soon. Time will tell……..

Not to sound obsesive, but in The Wall Street Journal published an article in 1998 revealing that his maternal great-great-grandmother was Jewish, and Israeli Elvis fans “adopted him as a member of the tribe”.  To be fair though “Jenny Dror, who runs a Presley fan club in Israel, laughs off claims of a Jewish Elvis.”The Jews in Israel like to find that every famous guy, every celebrity, has connections to Judaism” “.  I'm just sayin, its sooo evil, and so worldwide, It's my guess. Nevertheless, whoever he is or might be, Faith in God will protect you. Peace-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 23 2011,22:55)
    all

the time as come

Lk 12:2 There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Pierre

I think you are right Pierre. Peace-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 23 2011,18:18)
    Not according to early church fathers. They believed the Antichrist would gather together the Jews from every country and bring them back and establish again their kingdom and nation…….interesting. Who did that?

You can find it here.

http://www.marianland.com/antichrist/antichrist001.html

Scroll partway down the page and there's a summary on what they believed way back in the earliest church apparently.

Example St. Hippolytus Approx 120AD say's;

“Christ arose from among the Hebrews, and he (Antichrist) will spring from among the Jews. Christ showed His flesh as a Temple, and raised it up on the third day; and he, too, will raise up again the Temple of stone in Jerusalem.”

“In every respect that Deceiver seeks to make himself appear like the Son of God. Christ is king of things celestial and terrestrial, and Antichrist will be king upon earth. The Saviour sent the Apostles unto all the nations, and he, in like manner will send false apostles. Christ gathered together the dispersed sheep, and he in like manner will gather together the dispersed people of the Hebrews. Christ appeared in the form of man, and he in like manner will come forth in the form of man.”

“He will call together the whole people to himself, out of every country of the Dispersion, making them his own, as though they were his own children, and promising to restore their country and establish again their kingdom and nation, in order that he may be worshipped by them as God.” (St. Hippolytus)

I think that the absolutes in realizing exactly what prophecy and history are limited, between what is literal and symbolic. I think God left it a mystery, and we are to trust in him. I do think that Israel being rebuilt from '48? was fulfillment. As to the Kingdom coming and his reign from Jerusalem, or the third temple, I do not know if that will be in this present world or the next.IMO. Love God and trust him is what I say, no matter what happens. Peace-Hope you are well-Prayers to NZ-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 23 2011,19:54)
    karmarie,

Scripture does testify that Christ will gother his people to Jerusalem.   That is what the thousand years will be from what I know.  I do not know of any scripture that supports the argument that the Antichrist will.  I tend to think Israeli, Lebanon, and that area will be sanctuaries for those that flee the Antichrists persecution of the people of Jesus.  I do not believe the time ripe for that.

I do believe the time of the Gentiles is over which is why Jews now claim Israel as their homeland.

I think the persucution of God's people is now. We cannot even have the ten commandments anywhere official, or openly pray in a public forum from the new testament, because others will sue us. I see openly gay people in public more and more. Some churches even ordain them. Also, people who turn the other cheek are plundered, and hate is everywhere. I can;t imagine it getting much more evil a time as it is now. I check out in the grocery and the tabloids spew forth filth and gossip like crazy, and it's so hard to get away from. I turn on the news, and the stars are featured whenever they do anything bad, like it's major news. To get away from evil completely I think you have to die. Hold on to God for dear life IMO. Peace-Mark

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account