Internet – A thinking machine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    The angels serve those in Christ.

Heb 1
    14Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 19 2007,21:46)
    You may be right Charity. But I add the following as food for thought.

More that just a technology, the Internet is a massive network of people using computers to communicate with each other. Time Magazine calls it “The Beast With A Billion Eyes”. “On the Web, anyone with a digital camera has the power to change history.”

“I doubt angels have a better view of humanity,” writes Kevin Kelly who wrote “We Are the Web”. Below is a summary from
    http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2005/10/the_amorality_o.php

Levy's article appears in the afterglow of Kevin Kelly's sweeping “We Are the Web” in Wired's August issue. Kelly, erstwhile prophet of the Long Boom, surveys the development of the World Wide Web, from the Netscape IPO ten years ago, and concludes that it has become a “magic window” that provides a “spookily godlike” perspective on existence. “I doubt angels have a better view of humanity,” he writes.

But that's only the beginning. In the future, according to Kelly, the Web will grant us not only the vision of gods but also their power. The Web is becoming “the OS for a megacomputer that encompasses the Internet, all its services, all peripheral chips and affiliated devices from scanners to satellites, and the billions of human minds entangled in this global network. This gargantuan Machine already exists in a primitive form. In the coming decade, it will evolve into an integral extension not only of our senses and bodies but our minds … We will live inside this thing.”

The revelation continues:

There is only one time in the history of each planet when its inhabitants first wire up its innumerable parts to make one large Machine. Later that Machine may run faster, but there is only one time when it is born.

You and I are alive at this moment.

We should marvel, but people alive at such times usually don't. Every few centuries, the steady march of change meets a discontinuity, and history hinges on that moment. We look back on those pivotal eras and wonder what it would have been like to be alive then. Confucius, Zoroaster, Buddha, and the latter Jewish patriarchs lived in the same historical era, an inflection point known as the axial age of religion. Few world religions were born after this time. Similarly, the great personalities converging upon the American Revolution and the geniuses who commingled during the invention of modern science in the 17th century mark additional axial phases in the short history of our civilization.

Three thousand years from now, when keen minds review the past, I believe that our ancient time, here at the cusp of the third millennium, will be seen as another such era. In the years roughly coincidental with the Netscape IPO, humans began animating inert objects with tiny slivers of intelligence, connecting them into a global field, and linking their own minds into a single thing. This will be recognized as the largest, most complex, and most surprising event on the planet. Weaving nerves out of glass and radio waves, our species began wiring up all regions, all processes, all facts and notions into a grand network. From this embryonic neural net was born a collaborative interface for our civilization, a sensing, cognitive device with power that exceeded any previous invention. The Machine provided a new way of thinking (perfect search, total recall) and a new mind for an old species. It was the Beginning.

This isn't the language of exposition. It's the language of rapture.

Pure speculation I know, but I did get a little suspicious when I found out that the letter 'W' in Hebrew is represented as a 'V' and has a supposed numeric value of '6'. Hence www=666.

I asked a Jewish friend of mine what value the letter W had in Hebrew and after thinking about it for a while he said to me '6'.

Can anyone confirm if this is so?

Does anyone have any information on the “www.” of the Internet? Is what t8 heard from his Jewish friend right, I wonder? Wow. That is scary!

seekingtruth
    Participant

I found this site http://www.av1611.org/666/www_666.html hope it helps
    Wm

Proclaimer
    Participant

What may lie just around the corner.

Proclaimer
      Participant

The long version here:

Tiffany
        Participant

Hi All

I like to help, but no one pays attention.
        If you want to know who or what the image of the beast is, you first have to identify the beast.
        And when you find out who is imitating that beast, you have the image of the beast.
        You should also pay attention that 666 is not a mark, it is the number of a man; the number of his name. A name can also be a title.

Georg

theodorej
        Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Nov. 24 2008,01:54)
        Hi All

If you want to know who or what the image of the beast is, you first have to identify the beast.
        And when you find out who is imitating that beast, you have the image of the beast.
        You should also pay attention that 666 is not a mark, it is the number of a man; the number of his name. A name can also be a title.

Georg

Gretings Irene……I pay attention to your input….rest assured it is not falling on deaf ears….Ihave been away for while….got the feeling I was banished….was unable to access the forum for weeks.

Tiffany
        Participant

The fact that none of you know what a “beast” is, shows me that none of you have read the book of Daniel.

Georg

Tiffany
        Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Nov. 29 2008,01:19)

Hi All

Georg

Gretings Irene……I pay attention to your input….rest assured it is not falling on deaf ears….Ihave been away for while….got the feeling I was banished….was unable to access the forum for weeks.

Sorry to hear that, but why were you banished? Please also pay attention when my Husband is on. I know it is easy to miss it.
        Peace and Love Irene
        P.S. I usally sign ” Peace and Love Irene”

theodorej
        Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 01 2008,01:52)

Hi All

Georg

Sorry to hear that, but why were you banished? Please also pay attention when my Husband is on. I know it is easy to miss it.
        Peace and Love Irene

Greetings Irene……What I said was “I got the feeling”..there has been no confirmation of my feelings….My sense is their are some among us that disagree with my belief system but are unable to present meaningfull argument to support their own…..I could be wrong and if Iam…Iam sorry

Tiffany
        Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 01 2008,02:17)

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 01 2008,01:52)

Hi All

Georg

Peace and Love Irene

Greetings Irene……What I said was “I got the feeling”..there has been no confirmation of my feelings….My sense is their are some among us that disagree with my belief system but are unable to present meaningfull argument to support their own…..I could be wrong and if Iam…Iam sorry

You do not have to be sorry for what you believe in if you feel that it is the truth. I too have problems with Prophecy, and do not understand it like Georg does.
        I am glad that you are back. If I remember you do not believe in a trinity doctrine.
        Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
        Participant

Hi theodorej

Ya, I share your feelings, I sometimes feel like a tread stopper.

Georg

theodorej
        Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 06 2008,05:33)
        Hi theodorej

Ya, I share your feelings, I sometimes feel like a tread stopper.

Georg

Greetings Gene…..I was never good at arithmatic….you might say I have a one track mind…To date I have not heard a valid argument proving the existance of three seperate free standing entities in the God head…

Tiffany
        Participant

Mandy

Why would you , or anyone, be concerned about what all surrounds the meaning of 666. It is nothing more than an identifying number. Jesus said

Jhn 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Who better fits that description than the pope, he put on his crown; which by the way he made for himself because he is no king; “VICARIVS FILII DEI”, translated that means, “Vicar of the Son of God”, it is a title he gave himself. Latin letters also have numerical value.

V I C A R I V S – F I L I I – D E I
        5 1 100 0 0 1 5 0 0 1 50 1 1 500 0 1 = 666

That is the only purpose of that number, to show us who is Antichrist.

Georg

Proclaimer
        Participant

There are 5 things that need identifying but seem to cross over.

1) Beast
        2) Antichrist
        3) False prophet
        4) Image of the Beast
        5) Babylon

e.g., if the Pope is the Antichrist that is spoken of, then who or what is Babylon and what is the False prophet?

So I think we could give opinions on the idenity of these 5. But not here as this topic is about the Internet and the Image of the Beast.

So I will start up a new topic in this forum called “Identifying the Beast to Babylon”.
        If anyone is interested I will see you there.

Cindy
        Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 19 2007,12:55)
        Will the Internet eventually become the “Image of the Beast”?

Revelation 13
        15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

To call it “the image” of the beast, you first have to identify the beast.
        Does the bible not tell us that a beast is a king/ruler/government?

karmarie
        Participant

Been thinking and I guess this is a place to put it.

Will Jesus find any faith on earth when he comes?

The opposite of faith is doubt.

Santa Claus it started with I believe. The vulnerable minds of the children. Belief in something you cant see, then tell them it wasnt real.

Then was TV. Once again, what is reality and what isnt in a childs mind. Things appear real, but the child learns eventually that it isnt real.

And now is the playstations, and the Internet.

Doesnt it say that the eyes of the Jews were blinded by Satan and they missed their Messiah? Satan will decieve the world once more toward the end.

When you are being decieved, you dont know it.

The antichrist is described as a He or a Him. Was this an error of wording? Are we looking for the wrong thing? A man.

“But I am afraid that somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve in his craftiness, so your minds might be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” 2 Corin 11:3.

you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the children of disobedience”. Ephes 2:2

Doubt is the killer.

Jesus spoke repeatedly about  doubt and faith.

“Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, proof of things not seen”. Hebrews 11:1

Barnes' notes on the Bible:
        “There is scarcely any verse of the New Testament more important than this, for it states what is the nature of all true faith, and is the only definition of it which is attempted in the Scriptures. Eternal life depends on the existence and exercise of faith Mark 16:16, and hence, the importance of an accurate understanding of its nature”.

Are we in a generation where doubt is always on the mind of the young? And as parents, are we to blame if we continue to allow them to (watch TV, play the playstation etc)? especiallly if we have come to realise this.

karmarie
        Participant

This is taken from here

http://www.lcg.org/cgi-bin….6549700

Combating Satan’s Devices

Satan may be clever and deceptive, but God has given us warnings, instructions, examples and a special weapon for combating Satan’s devices. Jesus warned repeatedly about being deceived (Matthew 7:15–20, 24:4–5, 11, 24). Paul informs us that Satan will even use ministers professing to be Christians to deceive people (2 Corinthians 11:12–15). Both James and Peter stress the importance of being able to recognize and resist Satan’s deceptive schemes (James 4:7–8; 1 Peter 5:8). When we sense our attitude becoming fearful, doubtful, accusative, angry, resentful, jealous, lustful we need to be alert to the source of those thoughts and begin directing our minds in a different direction. If we get carried away by some new doctrinal idea or prophetic speculation or our own theological idea we are ripe for Satan’s deceptive activities (2 Timothy 4:1–5). If we nurture feelings of unjust treatment or if we become resentful of godly constituted authority—in the family, in the church or in society—we will be vulnerable to Satan’s attacks (2 Peter 2:9–15). If we become overly focused on our feelings, and ourselves we could be on dangerous ground (2 Timothy 3:1–7). We must remain alert to the battle that goes on in our minds!

To help us in this challenging combat, God gives His Holy Spirit to those who are willing to repent [change] and obey Him (John 14:15–17; Acts 5:32). As we learn to nourish and exercise that Spirit, we will begin to show the fruits of God’s spirit—strength, confidence, love and discernment (2 Timothy 1:6–7). Additional fruits include, “joy, peace, long-suffering [patience], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22–23). The challenge that every Christian faces is to replace the works of the flesh with the fruits of God’s spirit. In this world, influenced by the unseen yet powerful influence of Satan, developing these godly fruits will be a constant challenge. However, the Bible clearly reveals that God will be with us if we do our part to seek Him, stay close to him and strive to obey him (Matthew 28:19–20).

The reason Peter writes so knowingly and earnestly that we must be alert and resist our adversary is because he was blind-sided on numerous occasions by Satan. He was plagued by doubts at critical moments (Matthew 14:26–31). He gave well meaning, but misguided advice to Christ (Matthew 16:21–23). He got caught up in a jealous rivalry with the other disciples (Luke 22:24–30). He denied Christ and lied to save his own life (Matthew 26:69–75). Yet Jesus told Peter, the sincere, although impetuous Apostle, that “Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail” (Luke 22:32). Peter recorded his advice because he was aware of what Satan’s attacks were like and he understood Satan’s purpose. Peter also knew and experienced God’s help and support.

The big questions that face each of us is, do we know our adversary and do we understand what we are up against in our quest for a reward in the kingdom of God? Do we recognize when Satan is focusing in on us, or does he repeatedly catch us off guard? Are we alert enough and close enough to God to sense when he is beginning to play with our thoughts and opinions and perspectives? Do we regularly ask God for the strength to resist Satan’s attacks? Are we determined not to give in to temptations? This often means that we must do what we know we should but not what we feel like doing—which would be to take the easy way out. These are daily challenges we all face. We cannot afford to let our guard down and go to sleep at the switch.

The Bible clearly shows that Satan is real. He is a dangerous opponent of every Christian. His goal is deception, division and destruction. He is out to thwart God’s plan of adding additional members to His divine family. However, we can prevail, if we know our adversary. But we must follow God’s instructions, heed the biblical examples recorded for our admonition and develop the fruits of the Holy Spirit that God makes available to those who love and obey Him. With God’s help we can successfully combat and overcome our adversary!

mikeangel
        Participant

Amen!

The only thing I might add is in knowing the adversary well I would watch the series on youtube “they sold their souls for rock and roll”. it can't get much explanitory than that imo. Peace-Mark

Baker
        Participant

Ups! :D

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 145 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
      or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account