Internet – A thinking machine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Will the Internet eventually become the “Image of the Beast”?

Revelation 13
    15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 19 2007,01:55)
    Will the Internet eventually become the “Image of the Beast”?

Revelation 13
    15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

Hi t8:

I don't believe that this refers to the internet.  Because many will believe the false prophet rather than God's testimony regarding His Son, he will cause them to be deceived and  worship the Anti-Christ.  So in this way the false prophet will give breath (life) to the image of the first beast who is the Anti-Christ.

God Bless

charity
    Participant

Hi

And another suggestion

Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Power received by knowledge that made us like God; false prophets worships the knowledge
    Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
    Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Every life returns to dust lost because of the knowledge all of Gods creation must see the dust!
    Secret Do you beleive you have seen the dust and been resurrected?
    Well the beast has power to rise you to life if you don't?
    Ecc 3:19  For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all [is] vanity.
    Ecc 3:20  All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
    Ecc 3:21  Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

All receive the resurrection of life even the beast to do wickedly

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
    Paul fights beasts knowing the dead rise; and the beast is just rising Adams out of water.
    1Cr 15:31  I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
    1Cr 15:32  If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

Beast preach you are by Law ; forsking change and putting on incorruption to be transformed to the new Image
    They remain giving power to the first Image of Adam and to dust they return still corruptible

The first beast given life again by resurrection dose wickedly
    Jhn 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
    Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Brute beasts Working to have you stay as the first Image Adam to dust;
    Jud 1:10  But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
    Jud 1:12 ¶ These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds [they are] without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Oh grave where is your power, oh death where is your sting; the Law is the strength of death
    Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Psa 49:12  Nevertheless man [being] in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts [that] perish.
    Psa 49:13  This their way [is] their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.
    Psa 49:14  Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
    Psa 49:15  But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.
    Psa 49:16  Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased;
    Psa 49:17  For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.
    Psa 49:18  Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and [men] will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.
    Psa 49:19  He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.

Psa 49:20  Man [that is] in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts [that] perish.

charity
    Participant

To carry on the blood line is to carry on the Adam line; after The New creation in Christ
    To be follows of Christ is to born of God?
    Whom Christ blood line finishes with Joseph who is not his father
    But gravity from David preformed of the Holy Ghost
    But yet many try to run him through Mary’s blood line; and he shall refuse
    For when his mother came and asked after him he gave a response against blood lines that should spread him across as earthly
    BY SAYING Who ever is born of God is my Mother Sister and brother; God bless Mary among all woman.
    A MAN CHILD was born the righteous man of the east

Gravity
    Isa 41:2 Who raised up the righteous [man] from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made [him] rule over kings? he gave [them] as the dust to his sword, [and] as driven stubble to his bow.
    Mat 2:9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

Image of the Son or the Image of the first beast deceived un transformed to the Image of God

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2007,22:49)
    I don't believe that this refers to the internet. Because many will believe the false prophet rather than God's testimony regarding His Son, he will cause them to be deceived and worship the Anti-Christ. So in this way the false prophet will give breath (life) to the image of the first beast who is the Anti-Christ.

God Bless

Thanks for your feedback Charity.

Could not the image of the Beast not be the beast but something made in his image?

Similarly we are made in the image of God and we are not God.

The Internet as amazing as it is, is still but a reflection of man, it is the image of man and tells the story of all that man is. The beast is a man too, the man of sin.

charity
    Participant

Hi

Is not a beast an untransformed Man corruptible still?

Withoyt an subdued will

My will not your God?

Puffed up in his own knowledge

God has made all with an ability to be transformed

I would say receiving the spirit of the antichrist Is an Image of and adoption wit; and many antichrists walk the earth end times.
    Also to be transformed into the Image of God adoption seals our eternal salvation; power of death swallowed up

Proclaimer
    Participant

You may be right Charity. But I add the following as food for thought.

More that just a technology, the Internet is a massive network of people using computers to communicate with each other. Time Magazine calls it “The Beast With A Billion Eyes”. “On the Web, anyone with a digital camera has the power to change history.”

“I doubt angels have a better view of humanity,” writes Kevin Kelly who wrote “We Are the Web”. Below is a summary from
    http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2005/10/the_amorality_o.php

Levy's article appears in the afterglow of Kevin Kelly's sweeping “We Are the Web” in Wired's August issue. Kelly, erstwhile prophet of the Long Boom, surveys the development of the World Wide Web, from the Netscape IPO ten years ago, and concludes that it has become a “magic window” that provides a “spookily godlike” perspective on existence. “I doubt angels have a better view of humanity,” he writes.

But that's only the beginning. In the future, according to Kelly, the Web will grant us not only the vision of gods but also their power. The Web is becoming “the OS for a megacomputer that encompasses the Internet, all its services, all peripheral chips and affiliated devices from scanners to satellites, and the billions of human minds entangled in this global network. This gargantuan Machine already exists in a primitive form. In the coming decade, it will evolve into an integral extension not only of our senses and bodies but our minds … We will live inside this thing.”

The revelation continues:

There is only one time in the history of each planet when its inhabitants first wire up its innumerable parts to make one large Machine. Later that Machine may run faster, but there is only one time when it is born.

You and I are alive at this moment.

We should marvel, but people alive at such times usually don't. Every few centuries, the steady march of change meets a discontinuity, and history hinges on that moment. We look back on those pivotal eras and wonder what it would have been like to be alive then. Confucius, Zoroaster, Buddha, and the latter Jewish patriarchs lived in the same historical era, an inflection point known as the axial age of religion. Few world religions were born after this time. Similarly, the great personalities converging upon the American Revolution and the geniuses who commingled during the invention of modern science in the 17th century mark additional axial phases in the short history of our civilization.

Three thousand years from now, when keen minds review the past, I believe that our ancient time, here at the cusp of the third millennium, will be seen as another such era. In the years roughly coincidental with the Netscape IPO, humans began animating inert objects with tiny slivers of intelligence, connecting them into a global field, and linking their own minds into a single thing. This will be recognized as the largest, most complex, and most surprising event on the planet. Weaving nerves out of glass and radio waves, our species began wiring up all regions, all processes, all facts and notions into a grand network. From this embryonic neural net was born a collaborative interface for our civilization, a sensing, cognitive device with power that exceeded any previous invention. The Machine provided a new way of thinking (perfect search, total recall) and a new mind for an old species. It was the Beginning.

This isn't the language of exposition. It's the language of rapture.

Pure speculation I know, but I did get a little suspicious when I found out that the letter 'W' in Hebrew is represented as a 'V' and has a supposed numeric value of '6'. Hence www=666.

I asked a Jewish friend of mine what value the letter W had in Hebrew and after thinking about it for a while he said to me '6'.

Can anyone confirm if this is so?

charity
    Participant

Im happy just for the truth?
    we need TO check things out thanks t8

Up and running as this WAS written 2000 yrs ago he that letteth will let
    2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.

THE WORDS only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way. meaning He was and is not but Yet IS

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

charity
    Participant

Rev 17:8, when they behold the beast that was, and is not and yet is.

Is the beast that was and is not yet is, a form of seduction into setting up an Image so he yet is when the Bible say he is not

The false prophets seduces us into worshiping and Image only a vision of likeness of that which was and is not yet is only by Image
    The power of mans knowledge in control. Showing forth great miracles as some of these imaginations produce us a beast to fear? Hes keeping us busy?
    Worship is to give attention too
    Now we will give attention to whatever we fear dwelling on it
    The mind controled towards fear?
    Fear God Not what men can do to us

2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.

If only a Image of that which was and is not “now” unless we letteth

Shall we take him out of the way false prophets and not let them work his iniquity deceiving people for attention only?

And check out the “was” part of the existance?

Do we look for a throne of iniquity set up against the throne of Davids; to be everlasting
    2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

charity
    Participant

Just some more thoughts

Sorry to torment you, I am only seeking the truth not proclaiming it here

The dragon gives his power to the beast a vessel that was and is made an Image of worship by the false prophets?

Always from those things in the beginning
    Five kings have fallen when this is written 2000 yrs ago the eight king is a past Image
    Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
    Rev 17:8, when they behold the beast that was, and is not and yet is.

So deceived we receive the mark of the beast 666 the number of man
    Five kings fallen so with Christ number 6 king has seated himself on the throne
    The horn shall bring the kings low

So the false prophet give worship to the beast that was and even the eight kings is an Image off the Past 6 so he to is man 6

If we struggle to know how we are the Image of the father and son
    How we are his likeness and what needs to be changed in us?
    We are subject to being seduced for we do not know how to follow Christ to transformation and glorified as Sons of God
    And we can become as an Image of past that proclaimed perfect-ness living by the Law for sinners
    And if we are found holding our sin at a second death we have failed from east to west has it been separated
    A kingdom shall teach that we hold sin and not have it paid for by grace; to live each day giving attention to the flesh that it must be made perfect
    And Christ’s kingdom lifts the burden; we are what we are to be transformed by the truth;
    Which Image is the true Image of righteousness?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Charity.

Thanks for your feedback.

I do believe that the beast is a man and the false prophet is a person too.
    But I still think that the image of the beast is neither, but an image of the beast (who is a man).

I continue to seek the truth here.

:blues:

Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 19 2007,10:04)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 19 2007,22:49)
    I don't believe that this refers to the internet.  Because many will believe the false prophet rather than God's testimony regarding His Son, he will cause them to be deceived and  worship the Anti-Christ.  So in this way the false prophet will give breath (life) to the image of the first beast who is the Anti-Christ.

God Bless

Thanks for your feedback Charity.

Could not the image of the Beast not be the beast but something made in his image?

Similarly we are made in the image of God and we are not God.

The Internet as amazing as it is, is still but a reflection of man, it is the image of man and tells the story of all that man is. The beast is a man too, the man of sin.

Hi t8:

I believe that his image refers to the Anti-Christ sitting in the temple “shewing himself that he is God”.  (2 Thes. 2:4)

As you say we are made in the image of God and we should be reflecting God's character.

The Anti-Christ image relecting that he is God is a deception which will cause those who are not written in the lamb's book of life to worship him.

God Bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Could be.

Thanks for that.

However I wonder if it is possible that he could be accessible to all in cyberspace. I say this because it would be difficult for all to worship him in a physical place for obvious reasons. I also think that the Antichrist will be revealed when the world is ready for him.

Today it would be difficult for 1 man to control the lives of earth's citizens, but certainly easier than any other time in history except when the earth was lightly populated.

When the pyramid is narrow enough for the capstone to be placed on top, then he will be able to rule the whole pyramid. In otherwords when technology is so universal and interlinked that it affects every or many people, then it would be much easier for 1 man to take control of people's lives and even force a mark on them that would give further participation in buying, selling, and saving, or to be excluded altogether if they rejected the mark.

From what I can see, the Internet is interesting in that it is already global and is moving fast out of the realm of computers toward other devices and even manufactured items through RFID (Radio Frequency Identification).

This means that the whole world will eventually be an Internet of things and each thing will have its own IP number. All these IP numbers which are currently logged and will continue to be logged creates a picture as to what is going on. Such a system when it matures would give an incredible amount of power to anyone who could control it. It could reach deep into everyone's lives. E.g., buying, selling, media consumption, communications, thoughts (blogs), even global positioning from mobile phones and other devices. This info could easily be used to build a physicological profile on any participant too.

Ultimately some kind of permanent ID that is wired to this system would mean no escape for those who participated in it.

All we can do is speculate for now, but I think we will notice a shift toward this kind of future.

I also wonder if the 'Web' and 'Net' are named as such because they are both devices that capture. I am of course aware of what the official meanings are.

Again I only offer food for thought. I claim no special revelation.

Phoenix
    Participant

Revelation 13

Im searching the truth as well. My question is…

if the 'image' was the Internet – how could it kill all who refused to worship it?

…all who refused to worship the image…. this would be those that dont go on the Internet?

HUgs
    Phoenix

Phoenix
    Participant

Oh thanks T8 lol I have just read your previous post.

Sorry we must have posted near the same time.

Ahh good thinking.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The internet is a fragile network mainly accessed by the rich and easily damaged by men and world disasters such as climate change, earthquake fire and pole shifts so dependance on it for reliable control of the world seems unwise and unlikely to me.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

I see your point there but what about the sattellite? As far as I know the only thing that can stop communication to that is a meteor, an eclipse and a missile.

T8, you have reminded me of GPS tracking. I cant clearly remember, but i know there is technology out there now that helps track cars etc and even your children!

Hugs
    Phoenix

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Nick.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2007,20:51)
    Hi,
    The internet is a fragile network mainly accessed by the rich and easily damaged by men and world disasters such as climate change, earthquake fire and pole shifts so dependance on it for reliable control of the world seems unwise and unlikely to me.

The Internet is actually a very resilient network because if even half the pipes were destroyed it would still work. It is a collection of interconnected computer networks, linked by copper wires, fiber-optic cables, wireless connections, etc. So it is not reliant on any one technology to remain up.

A communication packet can take any route from A to B, so if you think of a spider web then there is a sure way through even if many paths are destroyed.
    You can actually try it out by going to a command prompt in Windows.

1. Go to 'Start'
    2 Click 'Run'
    3. Type in 'cmd'
    4. In the black box, type in 'tracert heaven.net.nz' (without the quotes)
    5. It will show you the path of least resistance.
    6. Try it again and it may go a different way.

The thing to understand is that it can go any eligible way.
    It was designed this way by the US military so that even if a number of cities were nuked, data could be rerouted through a web like infrastructure, and bypassing any destroyed path.

If the Web was fragile then terrorists would surely bring it down if they could.

The weakest part of the Net are the root DNS servers. Without them, there would be no Web. But I think they are sufficently scattered around the globe and I am sure there are backup ones too. But even if they were destroyed, they only need be replaced to have the network back up and running.

Visualization of the various routes through a portion of the Internet.

charity
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 20 2007,00:56)
    Hi Charity.

Thanks for your feedback.

I do believe that the beast is a man and the false prophet is a person too.
    But I still think that the image of the beast is neither, but an image of the beast (who is a man).

I continue to seek the truth here.

:blues:

Yes a man I would except

And the false prophets giving him attention and demanding we should also bow to a man

Yet Christ said worship God he is all in all; but this man may say he is God by likening himself to God
    Having suporters in our feasts of charity
    Jud 1:12 ¶ These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds [they are] without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

he himself is not yet come?
    Rev 17:10  And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    Rev 17:11  And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

When He comes he is of the kings before; even resurrected to judgment to go into perdition as a man having been condemned for the setting up of inquiity that the children are exposed to destrution by not reaching the goal of perfectness ?

crept in unawares
    Jud 1:4  For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Jud 1:5 ¶ I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Jud 1:6  And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Thanks t8 seeking truth with others can be a blessing

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Feb. 20 2007,20:59)
    Hi Nick

I see your point there but what about the sattellite? As far as I know the only thing that can stop communication to that is a meteor, an eclipse and a missile.

T8, you have reminded me of GPS tracking. I cant clearly remember, but i know there is technology out there now that helps track cars etc and even your children!

Hugs
    Phoenix

Hi Phoenix.

Yes satelite technology is pretty sophisticated, but in a world where everything is numbered it would be much easier to log everything. No special facial or shapes software recognition needed.

RFID is an interesting technology because it is like a barcode except that each manufactured item is identified by a unique number that is broadcasted either by a scanner or on its own.

A truck full of RFID tagged items is scanned only once when it enters a retail outlet. From there a shopping trolley is scanned once and the system is smart enough to track the inventory changes and the computer knows what to order and how much to reorder to replace the goods.

Walmart requires it's top 500 or so suppliers to use the technology and they say it saves them a lot of money.

The problem from a privacy standpoint is that the tags remain alive when you take the goods home and hence each item can be traced from production to eventual destruction. It can even continue broadcasting while it is buried beneath the ground at the refuse yard (tip, dump).

Privacy advocates are trying to pass a law that requires the tags to be destroyed once goods are sold, but the point is that the tags can remain alive and they give out there location and history every time they are scanned or broadcast.

This technology when adopted on a grand scale will turn the world into a web of goods. So just as web servers and ISPs log each person who visits a website and tracks their route, the same could happen to manufactured goods.

Hence the Internet breaking out of the restraint of virtual and interfacing with real physical objects.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account