Inference

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 396 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2014,07:47)
    Hi KW,
    The sons of God reasoned with the unspiritual.
    That they might become spiritual.

Nick,

The point is they used reason to reveal spiritual things so therefore reasoning can be used to reveal spiritual things.  It is foolish to condemn it as it is a tool.  

Hypothetically, the nonspiritual can use it to reveal nonspiritual things but in my experience they do not bother.  Condemn the nonspiritual things and not the logic that the nonspiritual use in evil ways.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 22 2014,08:04)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 22 2014,09:41)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2014,01:19)
    Hi KW,
    You need to write Godly wisdom according to human wisdom?

Nick,

I do not think you know what you are speaking of but I will point out that there is no passage in the OT that states there will be a resurrection of the dead and that is why the Sadducee sect of the true faith did not believe there was one.  Jesus pointed out that though it was not literally written it was implied by using logical reasoning based on godly principles.

Kerwin.

Job 19:26   And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

wakeup.

Wakeup,

That passage may imply that there will be a flesh and bone resurrection but you do not even believe that the resurrected body will be flesh.

Note:  I do not know the context so I cannot venture if it does imply such or not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    God reasoned with the unspiritual Jews[Is 1.18]
    The Spirit is needed to grasp spiritual things[1Cor2]

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Even when Jesus was using reasoning to reveal spiritual things he knew that it would take the Spirit to see those things.  His logic is like a spiritual television but those who who do not see spiritual things cannot see the image on its screen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Did he mention logic in regard to his teachings?
    Should we?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2014,05:14)
    Hi KW,
    Did he mention logic in regard to his teachings?
    Should we?

Nick,

He did not speak of it though he did use it. If you condemn a any man just for using logic then you would have condemned him for using it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    It is an inadequate tool
    Let scripture speak and support itself.

journey42
    Participant

kerwin,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

Kerwin.

Job 19:26   And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

wakeup.

Wakeup,

That passage may imply that there will be a flesh and bone resurrection but you do not even believe that the resurrected body will be flesh.

Note:  I do not know the context so I cannot venture if it does imply such or not.

Kerwin

You cannot understand prophecy, therefore cannot decipher where that scripture fits in.
    If you knew, you would see that scripture and identify straight away where it fits, and see that it has nothing to do with the saints resurrected bodies.

If you would get that debate train you like to hang around in,
    you could search for more deeper things like the solids.
    This is what we have been trying to tell you guys.
    If you have the spirit of prophecy (understanding and discerning the prophesies, knowing the FULL PLAN OF GOD) then you will have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
    There is no better testimony,
    and it is available to us all.

journey42
    Participant

Kerwin

I mean't to say “get off that debate train”

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2014,09:44)
    Hi KW,
    It is an inadequate tool
    Let scripture speak and support itself.

Nick,

Once again you utter words without knowledge.  Logical reasoning is just a means of applying reasoning obtain understanding what you hear.  If you do not apply reasoning it is merely a pleasant tune that you do not understand.  God is not afraid of being reasoned with but instead challenges people to reason with him.  Why do you disagree with him?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Mar. 23 2014,10:13)
    Kerwin

I mean't to say “get off that debate train”

Journey,

“Though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge” “and have no charity, I am nothing.”

journey42
    Participant

Kerwin

1 Corinthians 13:4   Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
    1 Corinthians 13:5   Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh ot her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.

1 Corinthians 14:1   Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

journey42
    Participant

2 Peter 2:1   But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Is the natural world the limit for you?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Mar. 23 2014,19:38)
    Kerwin

1 Corinthians 13:4   Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
    1 Corinthians 13:5   Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh ot her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.

1 Corinthians 14:1   Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

Journey,

What are the spiritual gifts?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2014,00:57)
    Hi KW,
    Is the natural world the limit for you?

Nick,

God will judge but I note that you fail to have and support from Scripture but instead opposed by it. You act like someone who is afraid to have the spirit of your actions and words tested to determine if they are broken. Thomas was told to test his actions and his words and my advice is to do as he was told to do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Dig deeper

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Did the apostles understand much?
    No but Peter could hang in there and say

“Lord to whom else can we go? You have the words of eternal life”

Logic is a roadblock to being taught of the Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 24 2014,03:36)
    Hi KW,
    Dig deeper

Nick,

I dig deeper because that is my nature, your nature appears fearful as you say what is not written.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Really.
    What you have just said is not written

show me to justify your accusation

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account