Inference

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 396 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Keeping the Law and celebrating feasts – is it inference from NT or is it clearly taught?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 13 2007,16:05)
    Keeping the Law and celebrating feasts – is it inference from NT or is it clearly taught?

The scriptures clearly say to keep God's law.

As Paul said he was NOT without the law of God but under the law of Christ.

1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Paul not being without the law of God but having faith that Jesus was the Messiah and fulfilled the sacrifical law of Moses.

To me that says it all! :)

Peace and love in His Name,

Ken

acertainchap
    Participant

For this topic: I guess inference would be truth IF you're infering the truth.
    :)
    Peace.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 13 2007,16:05)

Are their no other answers for N 3 1's question?

In His Peace and Love,

Ken

michaels
    Participant

not all things men say are infered.is GOD dead ,doesent he still speak today.you say it says clearly in your bible,so its truth.is not GODS own word above even that bible.GOD speaks truth ,yet if he spoke it,is this just considerd infered,is your bible your god,or do you hear from the true GOD,he spoke to the aposiles,and prophets,why not to you,?if he did speak to you would you believe him,or would you say, well, i dont know let me chech with my GOD my bible first,to make sure this came from my bible.who is your GOD ?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 16 2007,14:02)
    not all things men say are infered.is GOD dead ,doesent he still speak today.you say it says clearly in your bible,so its truth.is not GODS own word above even that bible.GOD speaks truth ,yet if he spoke it,is this just considerd infered,is your bible your god,or do you hear from the true GOD,he spoke to the aposiles,and prophets,why not to you,?if he did speak to you would you believe him,or would you say, well, i dont know let me chech with my GOD my bible first,to make sure this came from my bible.who is your GOD ?

Mike worship in Spirit and Truth.

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

If you don't believe that the bible is the word of God then how are you to prove all things?

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Mike was scripture given by God? The bible is the Father's letter to His children. It has the beginning, the plan, and the end. And the NEW Beginning!

I don't know what spirit you have but if your spirit is telling you that the word of God is false, let me suggest that the spirit you are listening to IS False.

In His Love,

Ken :)

michaels
    Participant

who said the bible is the WORD, yehshua is the WORD. how can you make him a book and put him in a box as if he cant still speak today.GOD is the WORD of GOD !!!!,and he is the TRUTH,so by him we can prove all things.

michaels
    Participant

if the bible is the WORD,do you mean to rightly divide him? can GOD be divided,? NO!!! for even a kingdom divided will not stand,how much greater is GOD than any kingdom?the bible is no more than a history book,containing,some actual WORDs of GOD,!!! NOT GOD or the WORD.if jesus is one with the father how can we compare GOD to a BOOK ,you can put in a box!!!read isaiah 40:25-31 ,to whom then, will you liken me, or shall i be equal ? saith the Holy One.there is no searching for his understanding.but they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strenth; they shall mount up with wings like eagles;

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    David said this in another post.
    “The question comes down to this:

If I make these statements:
    1. Jimmy is the one who stole my suitcase.
    2. The architect stole my suitcase.

Am I allowed to conclude that Jimmy is an architect? Nowhere does it explicitely say that Jimmy is an architect?.

3. Jimmy is in charge of the builders.
    4. An architect is in charge of the builders.

5. Jimmy is the one who is going to see the building constructed.
    6. The architect is in charge of the building.

Nowhere are we told that Jimmy is the architect. But if we believe they are not the same one, then this means there are two that have the exact same role. And which is more likely? That is the question. “

Thus he exposes the infantile, bizarre and shallow use of inference in deriving JW dogmas.
    One verse is compared inferentially with others with none saying what they have decided is true.

Then they state as doctrine what they have derived and destroy any hope that they can claim to be servants of God in their proclaiming of the gospel of Christ door to door.

david
    Participant

Is Jimmy the architect?

Nick truly has no idea what the answer to this question is. He refuses to answer it, I suppose, because he doesn't know, or simply can't answer it. He will dodge this question at every turn. He will ignore it. He will dismiss it. He will not see it. I am beginning to believe, he simply doesn't know what the answer is.
    And then, when I point this out, he will attack me, because I in fact can answer it.
    While neither of the 2 statements directly says that “Jimmy is the architect” I in fact have used my math skills to determine that yes, Jimmy is the architect.

And while calling my thinking “infantile,” most infants I know can't answer the question posed. Most adults can. I can. Nick, sadly, will never be able to answer it.

Based on all the statements made, is jimmy the architect? Yes.

david
    Participant

Page 3 of this thread is very amusing. Shoe, meet other foot.

david
    Participant

Ok, actually, that conversation goes to page 5. Page 5 is quite interesting.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Inference is a pathetically poor foundation for truth.
    Better to find it written and then find supporting verses.

david
    Participant

Is Jesus the son of man Nick?

Or does your misguided belief about inference not allow you to accept him as such?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    So what is not directly said, gives you the justification
    for saying anything you like and making your words equivalent to scripture?

david
    Participant

No, I just find it funny when Isaiah pointed out that you are guilty of what you condemn.

making your words equivalent to scripture?

Nick, perhaps you've noticed that in these discussions, I'm the one with the scriptures and you're the one who opens up threads like “inference” and condemns what you yourself do a thousand times a day.
    Yes, when it comes to scripture, it is of much more concern. But you are just as guilty as me, of doing this.

Let me help you out:

Is Jimmy the architect?

Yes, Jimmy is an architect and inference and logic tells me that this is unequivocally true.
    I think the question really should be: How strong is the inference? With Jesus being the “son of man” there is no question: It is him. Yet, nowhere are we specifically told: “Jesus is the son of man” or “the son of man is Jesus” or anything like that, really. We both know it is, because it speaks of the son of man as doing the things Jesus did, as being in the same role, etc.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You say
    “But you are just as guilty as me, of doing this.”
    So you admit that what you do is wrong?

david
    Participant

No Nick, again, that is not what I said. I said: “You are just as guilty as me,” and I don't think you're guilty at all.
    But you do do it. You do it just like me. You have always done it. You've done it throughout this forum. I quite enjoyed Isaiah 1:18 trying to point this out to you beginning on page 3 of this thread.

Inference:

“judgment or conclusion based on REASONING”

“the process of REASONING whereby one statement (the conclusion) is derived from one or more other statements (the premises).”

“A determination arrived at by REASONING; using facts to arrive at a broader conclusion.”

I am using something the Bible refers to as the “power of reason.” (Rom 12:1)
    Paul said that he would “reason with [people] from the scriptures.” (Acts 17:2)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You just said you were guilty so why not stop falling in this way and give scripture the place it deserves as the basis of truth?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account