In the beginning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 30 2008,08:16)
    A) B) C) or none of the above Stu.

That way the Devil won't be in the details.

A) Nothing
    B) Something
    C) Someone
    D) Another answer that is none of the above.

Thanks.

So no sign of any intellectual honesty about the existence of god then. How can the self-blinded claim to teach the sighted how to see?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    John 9:39
    And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 30 2008,20:54)

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 30 2008,08:16)
    A) B) C) or none of the above Stu.

That way the Devil won't be in the details.

A) Nothing
    B) Something
    C) Someone
    D) Another answer that is none of the above.

Thanks.

So no sign of any intellectual honesty about the existence of god then. How can the self-blinded claim to teach the sighted how to see?

Stuart

Stu if you are not smart enough to put your belief into one of those categories, then you are not smart enough to rule out the possibility of one of those categories.

Simple as that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    John 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2
    The same was in the beginning with God.

John 8:44
    Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 John 2:14
    I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

1 John 3:8
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Stu
    Participant

In the beginning was the big bang, which has left the evidence of the predicted background microwave radiation and an expanding universe.

That story does not depend on the opinions of an anonymous writer of historical fiction.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 10 2008,18:16)

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 10 2008,16:03)
    Stu thinks the answer is 2) something

This is not true.  I have suspended judgement and claim not to know, and I suggest most strongly that no one here knows either, and the major problem remains in defining what 'something' actually is.

Stu, I think you have said previously that the 'someone' option perhaps had a 0.5% chance of being true. Something like that, I know it was quite small.

So that leaves roughly 50% 'something' (which happens to have no awareness or life) and 50% 'nothing', (i.e., no substance, energy, or cause).

I would say that your religion is that something has always been, but this something is not alive and has no awareness, even though it somehow managed to produce life in a series of phenomenal and extraordinary chances in this latest version of reality that it managed to come up with.

The other religion that you may settle on is the one that says a singularity appeared out of nothing with no cause or substance previous to that.

This Stu is your choices for your religion. Why not slap a label on one of them and have meetings on Sunday to get some followers. You could also pass around a collection plate to get the ball rolling financially.

What would be a good name for these religions?

I propose they could be called:

• The 'Church of the Nothing' and you could be called “Head Nothing” or something similar.
    or
  • The 'Church of the Something weird that we have no clue what it was, but we know it wasn't alive and aware'. You could be called “Chief Something Weird” or another similar title.

When you have made a choice, you could then perhaps get the blue prints of the JWs or Catholics or something to get a structure in place.

Just some advice being that you are quite dedicated to this subject and you obviously will want to take your religion to the masses after you have put away the “God created the heavens and earth” group.

Hey who knows, if you are successful, I might ask if I can be the tea boy or something.

Stu
Participant

God t8 you are so unbelievably witty. I am surprised you have actually deigned to scatter such pearls for swine like us reading here.

We are all really impressed.

Stuart

Proclaimer
Participant

Nice to know that you are speaking on behalf of everyone else.
Thanks for the compliment. I am really impressed.

Stu
Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 16 2009,20:55)
Nice to know that you are speaking on behalf of everyone else.

OK. Let's wait to see how many rush to defend you.

Stuart

david
Participant

I have suspended judgement and claim not to know

–stu

For someone who over and over again claims not to know anything (for certain) and hides in this area of the unknowable, stu, you tend to have very strong opinions and they all seem to be on one side.

I find it interesting that T8 spoke of your “religion,” for while not believing in God, you hold to your beliefs which you are uncertain of, stronger than most who do believe in God.

Stu
Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 23 2009,08:11)

I have suspended judgement and claim not to know

–stu

For someone who over and over again claims not to know anything (for certain) and hides in this area of the unknowable, stu, you tend to have very strong opinions and they all seem to be on one side.

I find it interesting that T8 spoke of your “religion,” for while not believing in God, you hold to your beliefs which you are uncertain of, stronger than most who do believe in God.

Is that it? Are you reduced to posting nothing now, or are you just warming up?

My beliefs are provisional, and based in evidence. Show me good evidence to the contrary and I will have to reconsider.

My opinion about holding views based on evidence is very strong.

Stuart

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account