Imperfect church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 17 2010,23:49)

Quote (mikeangel @ Mar. 17 2010,11:38)
    Irene and terricca,
    Love you 2. Love you 2 alot. Don't want any money. Don't want yall to convert to RCC, Not trying to make you believe in the trinity. Yall have made my point. Thanks. P.S. there is no perfect posting religious forum either.(But I sure like reading the Book of Enoch, thats how I found this) Godbless

MA

i do not understand your remark you send me by saying “you love me “

is it possible to love someone without knowing them ??

what would be the reason?

Because my Father loves you, and as I grow closer to the Father, the more I hate sin and love other people. My motives change from obeying a list of rules, to actually caring about what the Father cares about.

We need to continue to pursue the Father, the closer we are to Him, the closer we are to becoming that “perfect Church”, and a “perfect Church” is known by it's love for one another.

Wm

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Mar. 19 2010,00:40)

Irene and terricca,
    Love you 2. Love you 2 alot. Don't want any money. Don't want yall to convert to RCC, Not trying to make you believe in the trinity. Yall have made my point. Thanks. P.S. there is no perfect posting religious forum either.(But I sure like reading the Book of Enoch, thats how I found this) Godbless

MA

Because my Father loves you, and as I grow closer to the Father, the more I hate sin and love other people. My motives change from obeying a list of rules, to actually caring about what the Father cares about.

We need to continue to pursue the Father, the closer we are to Him, the closer we are to becoming that “perfect Church”, and a “perfect Church” is known by it's love for one another.

Wm

st

so it is us who are the church?? i mean individual

Elizabeth
    Participant

Irene and terricca,

MA

Wm

Do you love the trinity or do you love the Father more? I know the commandment is to Love God with all of your Heart and with all of your soul and all of your mind. And your neighbor as yourself. However should we then go along with what wrong doctrine they teach? I don't think so. That is what Satan wants us to do and not God. When you agree with them, you too are worship in vain, you have become part of their belief. Except them as persons but teach that their doctrines are wrong. That is what I am trying to do. What does darkness have to do with light, and what does wrong have to do with right. It is the opposite.
    Ask yourself is that what the Apostles did back then. No they went to prison and all but one died for that belief… Only John was exiled to the Island of Patmos, where He wrote the Book of Revelation…
    Peace and Love Irene

Quote (Elizabeth @ Mar. 18 2010,17:18)

Irene and terricca,

MA

Wm

Do you love the trinity or do you love the Father more?  I know the commandment is to Love God with all of your Heart and with all of your soul and all of your mind.  And your neighbor as yourself.  However should we then go along with what wrong doctrine they teach?  I don't think so.  That is what Satan wants us to do and not God.  When you agree with them, you too are worship in vain, you have become part of their belief.  Except them as persons but teach that their doctrines are wrong.  That is what I am trying to do.  What does darkness have to do with light, and what does wrong have to do with right.  It is the opposite.
    Ask yourself is that what the Apostles did back then.  No they went to prison and all but one died for that belief… Only John was exiled to the Island of Patmos, where He wrote the Book of Revelation…
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene

Why is everything with you about the Trinity?

Seekingtruth is not a Trinitarian, you know that don't you?

Did he even mention the Trinity?

WJ

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Mar. 17 2010,01:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2010,14:12)
    Hi MA,
    Yes all those things you mention are of the world and irrelevant to following Jesus,
    including the false church.

Encouraging false fellowship is not our role.

Fellowship with the Father and the Son and with others in Christ in God's Spirit is relevant.[2Jn9]

Nick,
     I  disagree with your statement “all of those things are of the world and irrelevant to following Jesus” I believe that idols, and sorcery etc. are directly opposed to Jesus, as is anything that is not in harmony with God and the ten commandments. These to me are directly breaking his law, and not many are even giving it a thought. Also, I am not encourageing anyone to go to any particular church. The funny twist to all of this is that I also attend a messianic Jewish congreation. My mom has terminal cancer and I go to church with her to be with her as much as I can. I do not believe God will judge me for compassion to my mom in her last days. My dad died in 07, so her funeral will probliby be the last mass I attend. I also do not do anything I believe is against Gods law, my concience is peaceful. If I were to encourage a church to one that does not go, the messianic Jewish church is the one I would suggest, They celebrate all the feast Jesus did. They worship what I believe is the closest way that Jesus did.We can agree to disagree. Love and peace-me

Mike, sorry to hear about your Mother. My minds gone completly blank with this forum, I feel sad for you and dont know what to say.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 19 2010,09:28)

Hi MA,
    Yes all those things you mention are of the world and irrelevant to following Jesus,

Fellowship with the Father and the Son and with others in Christ in God's Spirit is relevant.[2Jn9]

Nick,
     I  disagree with your statement “all of those things are of the world and irrelevant to following Jesus” I believe that idols, and sorcery etc. are directly opposed to Jesus, as is anything that is not in harmony with God and the ten commandments. These to me are directly breaking his law, and not many are even giving it a thought. Also, I am not encourageing anyone to go to any particular church. The funny twist to all of this is that I also attend a messianic Jewish congreation. My mom has terminal cancer and I go to church with her to be with her as much as I can. I do not believe God will judge me for compassion to my mom in her last days. My dad died in 07, so her funeral will probliby be the last mass I attend. I also do not do anything I believe is against Gods law, my concience is peaceful. If I were to encourage a church to one that does not go, the messianic Jewish church is the one I would suggest, They celebrate all the feast Jesus did. They worship what I believe is the closest way that Jesus did.We can agree to disagree. Love and peace-me

Mike, sorry to hear about your Mother. My minds gone completly blank with this forum, I feel sad for you and dont know what to say.

Kar/mike

it is our duty to look after our parents ,it is good in the eyes of God to do so,and I bless you in my heart for doing so.

may God bless you in your action because they are action of righteousness.

I love you for the love you are showing to the words of Christ and his spirit ,keep up your good works in Christ.

we will meet on that day.

mikeangel
    Participant

I love you too terricca.Honestly. Before you asked me why I should love you without knowing you. Besides Jesus command, first is that because there is a piece of god in every human, and even if you don't love what they do or practice, you have to at least love that. As hard as it is, even a enemy. But that is how you differentiate who is Gods child and who is the devils, is you  love, and the more I have shown it the more it has come back to me.  Last year, I went to get some company shirts made, and I saw where I could get a button made for 2.50 for 20. I thought “this will be good, I will get it to say “I love you” and wear it . I got it a week later and let me tell you, I had no idea what was going to happen. Most people looked at me funny, the others looked and ignored it, some dirty looks.One guy looked at me in the face and said” you do not love me”. I wore it to a outreach commitee meeting at church, and this lady looked at me and rolled her eyes. I threw a fit. I felt like throwing the bible at her and tell her to start reading. I was about to give up on the world and quit wearing it and then a lady (cute i might add) said “nice button, I love you too”, and not in a bad way. I only wear it on Sundays now , but I am glad for the lesson it taught me. Last Sun. I took my wife to breakfast and the cashier said “did you lose a bet?” I really want God to come soon, so that love will be the rule and not the exception. Love and peace-me

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Mar. 19 2010,12:40)
    I love you too terricca.Honestly. Before you asked me why I should love you without knowing you. Besides Jesus command, first is that because there is a piece of god in every human, and even if you don't love what they do or practice, you have to at least love that. As hard as it is, even a enemy. But that is how you differentiate who is Gods child and who is the devils, is you  love, and the more I have shown it the more it has come back to me.  Last year, I went to get some company shirts made, and I saw where I could get a button made for 2.50 for 20. I thought “this will be good, I will get it to say “I love you” and wear it . I got it a week later and let me tell you, I had no idea what was going to happen. Most people looked at me funny, the others looked and ignored it, some dirty looks.One guy looked at me in the face and said” you do not love me”. I wore it to a outreach commitee meeting at church, and this lady looked at me and rolled her eyes. I threw a fit. I felt like throwing the bible at her and tell her to start reading. I was about to give up on the world and quit wearing it and then a lady (cute i might add) said “nice button, I love you too”, and not in a bad way. I only wear it on Sundays now , but I am glad for the lesson it taught me. Last Sun. I took my wife to breakfast and the cashier said “did you lose a bet?” I really want God to come soon, so that love will be the rule and not the exception. Love and peace-me

HI Mike,

If you're referring to Jesus second coming, it occurred on Pentecost… Click here

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    No the Spirit of Christ was shared with his body.
    When did you stop learning?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 18 2010,22:00)

Irene and terricca,

MA

Wm

st

so it is us who are the church?? i mean individual

terraricca,
    Absolutely, church translates from the word for assembly. As we come together (assemble) we are the Church, the body of Christ, it is not the building, or even a group of people in a “church” building. It is all true believers wherever they may attend or not attend.

Church happens “where two or three are gathered together in my name,”. It's only my opinion but I do not believe you can have Church with only you and God, it takes relating with another believer.

My opinion, Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    So you think the body of Christ is divided into many denominations who all hate one another and boast of their superiority?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 19 2010,04:26)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Mar. 18 2010,17:18)

Irene and terricca,

MA

Wm

Do you love the trinity or do you love the Father more?  I know the commandment is to Love God with all of your Heart and with all of your soul and all of your mind.  And your neighbor as yourself.  However should we then go along with what wrong doctrine they teach?  I don't think so.  That is what Satan wants us to do and not God.  When you agree with them, you too are worship in vain, you have become part of their belief.  Except them as persons but teach that their doctrines are wrong.  That is what I am trying to do.  What does darkness have to do with light, and what does wrong have to do with right.  It is the opposite.
    Ask yourself is that what the Apostles did back then.  No they went to prison and all but one died for that belief… Only John was exiled to the Island of Patmos, where He wrote the Book of Revelation…
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene

Why is everything with you about the Trinity?

Seekingtruth is not a Trinitarian, you know that don't you?

Did he even mention the Trinity?

WJ

“The synagogue ruler said to the people, “There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath.”

The ruler properly represented the wording of the scripture, but missed the spirit of the commandment. WJ is correct I'm not a trinitarian, anymore. I was for over 20 years and probably would still be one if God had not given me a revelation on Jesus having been exulted by one far greater than himself, that after searching scriptures I found to be true. He later gave me this revelation which I posted before:

Romans 14:1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to (understand more things and) eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, (understands less and) eats only vegetables. 3The man who (has more knowledge) eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who (understands less) does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

What “God” is, is definitely a “disputable matter”. Why does one “eat everything”, because he has a better understanding, and why does one who is weak “not eat”, because he does not have as good of an understanding. I believe many are taking the trinity dis-agreement beyond what it should be, we are not saved by having a full understanding of what God is, but by what He did for us. As it says later in this same chapter “13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another.”

Think what you will, but I know I was saved for that 20 years, as the scripture says “To his own master he stands or falls.” It takes time for most to accept that a deeply held belief could be wrong but if they love the Lord “he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.”. I believe WJ loves the Lord and is part of the Church, he has exhibited the fruit of the Spirit as well as humility. No I don't agree with him regarding the trinity but I don't agree with anyone 100% (sometimes even myself).

For my part I'm grateful for, and love, both of you. I start having a problem when the beliefs and actions of an individual stand in the way of others finding salvation, other than that all of us at times misrepresent truth (usually with the best of intentions and a firm belief that we are right).

My opinion – Wm

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2010,08:59)
    Hi ST,
    So you think the body of Christ is divided into many denominations who all hate one another and boast of their superiority?

I do not hate others in different denominations, even those who are not true believers. But I do not believe that all, in any denomination, are saved.

The body is not divided anymore then the first century “Church” was divided by being in different cities or in the different homes they met at.

I apologize if I've boasted of being superior in any way.

My opinion – Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    The body of Christ is one.
    The groupings of men are irrelevant IMO

karmarie
    Participant

Theres no perfect church, no perfect person, no perfect country. We live in an imperfect world.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Mar. 19 2010,14:48)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2010,08:59)
    Hi ST,

I do not hate others in different denominations, even those who are not true believers. But I do not believe that all, in any denomination, are saved.

The body is not divided anymore then the first century “Church” was divided by being in different cities or in the different homes they met at.

I apologize if I've boasted of being superior in any way.

My opinion – Wm

seekingtruth

Where in the Bible do you read that the world is being saved now?
    That is mans teaching; if people would understand that, we would have half the churches, maybe less.

Georg

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2010,10:05)
    Hi ST,
    The body of Christ is one.
    The groupings of men are irrelevant IMO

I agree they are.

Do you believe that only you, and those who believe just like you, are saved. And anyone with the least amount of “error” is lost. at least it's what it sounds like.

Wm

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 19 2010,11:42)

Quote (karmarie @ Mar. 19 2010,09:28)

Hi MA,

Nick,

Kar/mike

it is our duty to look after our parents ,it is good in the eyes of God to do so,and I bless you in my heart for doing so.

may God bless you in your action because they are action of righteousness.

I love you for the love you are showing to the words of Christ and his spirit ,keep up your good works in Christ.

we will meet on that day.

Amen again T!

seekingtruth
    Participant

seekingtruth

Where in the Bible do you read that the world is being saved now?
    That is mans teaching; if people would understand that, we would have half the churches, maybe less.

Georg

I do not believe that the world is saved, I used the word “saved” as a term referring to being born again, do you believe in that?

Wm

chosenone
    Participant

Hi seekingtruth.
    I believe the bible is a book “not of what God says we must do to be saved”, but about what He (God) is doing to save us. We have no part in our salvation.
    “All is is God”.
    1Cor.8:6 … nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and we through Him.

Blessings, Jerry.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account