I'm thinking about joining this church!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    WhiteMateria
    Participant
    WhiteMateria
    Participant
    Anonymous

I go here:

http://www.woodsedge.org/

Great Church!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 10 2005,05:22)
    I go here:

Great Church!

Hi FYI,
    This church teaches salvation by accepting Jesus Christ as Saviour.
    That is not scriptural is it? Did Jesus or his disciples teach or show that intellectual assent was sufficient for us to gain the glorious gift of salvation won by the sacrificial death of the Son of God? Is it just a moment's decision required? No need then for repentance or baptism or baptism in the Spirit?

Strange teachings my friend. I would make suggest you make sure of your salvation by following the instructions of Jesus Christ. There is safety there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WhiteMateria @ July 10 2005,05:13)
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/beliefs.html

Fixed link!

Hi W,
    Thank you for the link and the understanding you have brought us.

I am amazed that this church claims any relationship to Jesus Christ or his Father. It is worth reading just to have your mind opened at what extremes pose as following Christ.

It will also make you wonder how people can be so blind as to walk this way.

Extraordinary!

Christofer
    Participant

Actually – I think Landover Baptist is a long-standing satire site against Christianity. Forevidence of this – check out their merchandise page – Landover Baptist Merchandise

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thx for the link Christofer. Is that for real? Surely not……..

OK it is for real. The link comes from their own site.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It's funny how denominations need money, lots of it. Yet we either serve God or money. Money in itself is not evil, but I am wary of anything that calls it self christian and then tries to make a buck. “Pay your tithes”, “give to the collection box”, “buy some christian underwear?”. That was a hoot.

Anyway I think if you took their money away they would all cease to exist. But if you took money away from the real church, it would still exist. Jesus used money, but he didn't need it in order to minister. His provision came from God. If he had no money he could still minister.

Generally speaking I think most denominations (especially the bigger ones) are worldly organisations that try to fleece the sheep. I want no part of that.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2005,07:48)

I go here:

Great Church!

Hi FYI,
    That is not scriptural is it? Did Jesus or his disciples teach or show that intellectual assent was sufficient for us to gain the glorious gift of salvation won by the sacrificial death of the Son of God? Is it just a moment's decision required? No need then for repentance or baptism or baptism in the Spirit?

Strange teachings my friend. I would make suggest you make sure of your salvation by following the instructions of Jesus Christ. There is safety there.

Thanks for your concern Nick.  But I'm perfectly secure in Christ Jesus (YHWH is salvation) who IS my personal Lord and Saviour.

Colossians 2:6 – As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

John 7:37 – In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Jesus Christ is my sheperd:

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father…

…26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Psalms 23:1 YHWH is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of YHWH for ever.

John 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:23 – Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Nick, why do you forbid and lead away from Christ:

Mark 10:14 – But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

FYI, you seem confused.

Yeshua (Jesus) is the mystery that God has revealed. He has been revealed to us in these last times. Now that we have a greater revelation we can see that YHWH has a son and we should honour his son just as we honour God.

But to say they are the same person is not scriptural. You are tripping over doctrines of men that say that Jesus is YHWH. No the truth is that YHWH is in his son. God is Spirit. Yeshua is the image of God, the son of God and the first born.

If we don't know who Jesus is, then what does that say?

Anonymous

Quote (t8 @ July 13 2005,12:14)
    FYI, you seem confused.

Yeshua (Jesus) is the mystery that God has revealed. He has been revealed to us in these last times. Now that we have a greater revelation we can see that YHWH has a son and we should honour his son just as we honour God.

But to say they are the same person is not scriptural. You are tripping over doctrines of men that say that Jesus is YHWH. No the truth is that YHWH is in his son. God is Spirit. Yeshua is the image of God, the son of God and the first born.

If we don't know who Jesus is, then what does that say?

Foolishness to the unbelievers ONLY:

1 Corinthians 1:21 – For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Luke 2:7 And she bore him a firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger because there was no room where they could lodge. 8. And shepherds were there in that region were they were lodging and keeping watch there at night over their flocks. 9. And behold an angel of God came to them. And the glory of YHWH shone upon them and they feared with a great fear! 10. And the angel said to them, ?Do not have fear, for behold I announce hope to you! A great joy which will be to the whole world. For today is born to you in the city of David the Savior who is YHWH, the Messiah.

Luke 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Eshaya the prophet who said, “A voice that cries in the wilderness, ?Prepare the way of YHWH, and make straight the path in the plains for our God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Christofer @ July 13 2005,11:43)
    Actually – I think Landover Baptist is a long-standing satire site against Christianity. Forevidence of this – check out their merchandise page – Landover Baptist Merchandise

Hi C,
    I must say I was convinced it was a [sick]joke and was waiting for the punchline.

“Standover” Baptist seems a more appropriate name as bullying tactics seem the style.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 13 2005,12:04)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2005,07:48)

I go here:

Great Church!

Hi FYI,

Thanks for your concern Nick.  But I'm perfectly secure in Christ Jesus (YHWH is salvation) who IS my personal Lord and Saviour.

Colossians 2:6 – As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

John 7:37 – In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Jesus Christ is my sheperd:

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father…

…26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Psalms 23:1 YHWH is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of YHWH for ever.

John 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:23 – Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Nick, why do you forbid and lead away from Christ:

Mark 10:14 – But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Hi FYI,
    This is the Great Shepherd who the Lord God raised from the dead?[Heb 13.20]
    It is not that we know him that matters but if he knows us and whether or not we have our name written in the book of life. It is importanat that we, like Jesus, have our witnesses in heaven[1Jn 5.7f]
    If we do we will have the evidence of the Spirit in our lives in power and given as downpayment on the salvation we will fully receive when Jesus returns.
    That Spirit will show us the truth in the Word and will show us that Jesus is the Son of God and not God Himself who is his Father.
    Keep searching FYI.

WhiteMateria
    Participant

My family and I are still considering joining this church. We feel it shows many precious precious truths which are infaulable and a stand firm in today's faultering society. May these precious precious truths forever remain in our hearts.

WhiteMateria
    Participant

My wife learned the dangers of 'Satan's little cotton fingers' known as insertable tampons. Now she only uses maxi-pads with little angel wings. 😉

Proclaimer
    Participant

To WhiteMateria,

This is a joke right?

WhiteMateria
    Participant

We would never joke about that which offers us pure and precious truths.

epistemaniac
    Participant

sure white…. the sarcasm is just dripping from your words….!! lol!! love it!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account