I'm New Here

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

Nick You know what Stu is not going to belief cause the veil is in front of His eyes and only God can remove that. God is and has called those He wishes to and not what we as Humans want. We can talk to people until we are blue in the face and they will not see. Just look at the trinity tread. Is.8, W.J. and Colt have gone around and around about scriptures and always give the same ones. They ignore the ones that prove that the Father is above all and that the Father is greater then the Son. We can be grateful to our Heavenly Father that He has opened our eyes to the truth.

Peace and Love Mrs. :( :(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs Im,
    Acts 17
    30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

33So Paul departed from among them.

34Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

Familiar?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2008,11:55)
    Hi stu,
    You believe Jesus and Paul existed.
    At least you know they existed and spoke and acted.
    You have given us no reason for these matters to be recorded but just tell us you cannot believe.
    So how were they able to speak with such wisdom and do the amazing works that are recorded too in their own abilities?
    Surely they should be given some credence that the God to Whom they attributed such powers actually exists?

I exist. If I write that I can leap tall buildings in a single bound, will you believe me just because I write it?

Stu
    Participant

Nick and Mrs. Im4Truth can you tell me why religions, in particular christianity which expects people to believe things that are absurd, are so full of 'people will mock' and 'beware the non-believers who cannot see' etc?

You don't hear that from any areas of proper human endeavour; medicine, engineering, philosophy, history…

If christianity really were true, it would be completely unnecessary to say 'the fool hath in the heart…'.

Why is it so essential to keep reminding the faithful of what a complete shower of blind idiots non-believers are? Is it because christianity is actually about political power?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Politics is of the whore.
    Those who have no faith at all
    should probably not try to sell their weak religion as doubts are useless

IM4Truth
    Participant

Stu Sorry I just do not understand you, that you want to have even a conversation about God if you do not belief in one. I do not believe in the trinity so I do not try to tell others about that, unless I have to prove to them that they are wrong. So why should I talk to you about my God if you do not belief in Him, that does not make any sense to me. God the Father does the calling I can't do that.

Peace and Love Mrs.

praying-4-you
    Participant

It is written: ” 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,  'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'
    Romans 14:11

Isn't it wonderful to know that we can sit at the feet of our Father daily and learn His Will for us when we are in His Word?  We deny ourselves understanding of God's plan for all of mankind when we choose not to study God's Word.  I will pray that God will open the eyes of those who do not know His Word.  

Have a blessed evening and may all eyes be open to His truth.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (praying-4-you @ Jan. 07 2008,12:38)
    It is written: ” 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,  'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'

Isn't it wonderful to know that we can sit at the feet of our Father daily and learn His Will for us when we are in His Word?  We deny ourselves understanding of God's plan for all of mankind when we choose not to study God's Word.  I will pray that God will open the eyes of those who do not know His Word.  

Have a blessed evening and may all eyes be open to His truth.

Yes, that will be wonderful, but that is not going to happen until the millenium. Eye hath not seen and hear hath not heard have been prepared for them that Love Him. It will come soon.
    I hope and Pray.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Nick you’re making even less sense now. Those who have no faith at all don’t have a religion. Have you thought about how dangerous it is to believe someone who claims to have all the answers and has no doubts whatsoever? Dictatorships result from such an unquestioning attitude. Science is full of doubts, and that is its strength, and the reason why it is not a religion.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Hi Mrs.Im4Truth

Stu Sorry I just do not understand you, that you want to have even a conversation about God if you do not belief in one. I do not believe in the trinity so I do not try to tell others about that, unless I have to prove to them that they are wrong. So why should I talk to you about my God if you do not belief in Him, that does not make any sense to me. God the Father does the calling I can't do that.

If it were possible to ‘have a conversation with god’ then yes I would be very keen. I would ask him how he justifies murdering people while commanding not to kill. I don’t think you particularly need to stay quiet about the trinity if you have a useful point to make, you are not trying to convert people to trinitarianism, you just want them to have the maximum relevant information so their decisions are the best ones possible. Same with me.

Doesn’t scripture say you have to evangelise? Isn’t that what god calls you to do? As I’ve said before, I respect you all the more for not trying cheap proselytising on me like a few others here do.

There is no good reason to believe that there is a god, but that doesn’t mean it is not interesting to find out why people follow something that isn’t there.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 07 2008,13:25)

Nick you’re making even less sense now.  Those who have no faith at all don’t have a religion. Have you thought about how dangerous it is to believe someone who claims to have all the answers and has no doubts whatsoever?  Dictatorships result from such an unquestioning attitude.  Science is full of doubts, and that is its strength, and the reason why it is not a religion.  

Stuart

Hi stu,
    The good news is that the kingdom of God is now not of the world.
    However those servants who are in the world shine as lights
    with their peaceful ways,their honesty and kindness to all.
    They are thin on the ground however.
    Perhaps you do not meet them?

You will not find them in churchianity

Stu
    Participant

Hi praying-4-you

You know I’m going to disagree with your rose-tinted view, so here goes…

It is written: ” 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'

Well so far I have disproved this personally, and I am aware that many others have gone their whole lives without bowing down before a non-existent celestial dictator.

Isn't it wonderful to know that we can sit at the feet of our Father daily and learn His Will for us when we are in His Word?

You call it wonderful, I call it self-imposed mental slavery.

We deny ourselves understanding of God's plan for all of mankind when we choose not to study God's Word. I will pray that God will open the eyes of those who do not know His Word.

The more you study the scriptural ‘plan’, the more you realise what a very human plan it is, written by those deluded by their beliefs or the power that could be gained by convincing others. The lack of consistency of the character of god from the OT to the NT alone is enough to show what a poorly organised work of fiction it is.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Hi Nick

The good news is that the kingdom of God is now not of the world.

Yes I know, it doesn’t exist.

However those servants who are in the world shine as lights
    with their peaceful ways,their honesty and kindness to all.
    They are thin on the ground however.
    Perhaps you do not meet them?

I wish this were true. Do you deny the literal truth of Genesis or the savagery of Leviticus? What then of honesty or kindness?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    I accept what is written.
    Faith demands it.
    Some accept bits and some none at all but they seem lost somehow.

praying-4-you
    Participant

God knows the heart of each of us.  I would like to reply further, but there is a time and place as to when to speak.  I stand firm in my conviction and I will continue to pray for those whose eyes are closed to the truth.  
    God bless you!
    Joyfully in Christ,
    praying-4-you

Stu
    Participant

Quote (praying-4-you @ Jan. 07 2008,14:39)
    God knows the heart of each of us.  I would like to reply further, but there is a time and place as to when to speak.  I stand firm in my conviction and I will continue to pray for those whose eyes are closed to the truth.  
    God bless you!
    Joyfully in Christ,
    praying-4-you

So you have no pressing opinion to share on the very high likelihood that scripture is a human invention, probably politically motivated, or promoted by people who have been convinced of a fictional story?

Stuart

david
    Participant

So you have no pressing opinion to share on the very high likelihood that scripture is a human invention, probably politically motivated,

I'm wondering why you think it is probably politically motivated?

david
    Participant

History tells us that the earliest Christians followed Jesus who was “no part of the world” and whose kingdom was “no part of the world.”

“Early Christianity was little understood and was regarded with little favor by those who ruled the pagan world. . . . Christians refused to share certain duties of Roman citizens. . . . The Christians . . . felt it a violation of their faith to enter military service. They would not hold political office. They would not worship the emperor.”
    –On the Road to Civilization—A World History, A. K. Heckel and J. G. Sigman, 1937, pp. 237-8

“The Christians stood aloof and distinct from the state, . . . and Christianity seemed able to influence civil life only in that manner which, it must be confessed, is the purest, by practically endeavouring to instil more and more of holy feeling into the citizens of the state.”
    –The History of the Christian Religion and Church, During the Three First Centuries, (New York, 1848), Augustus Neander, translated from German by H. J. Rose, p. 168

“They refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”
    —History of Christianity, Edward Gibbon, 1891, pp. 162-3.

“While they [the Christians] inculcated the maxims of passive obedience, they refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Vol. I, p. 416.

“The Christians . . . shrank from public office and military service.”
    –“Persecution of the Christians in Gaul, A.D. 177,” by F. P. G. Guizot in The Great Events by Famous Historians, edited by R. Johnson, 1905, Vol. III, p. 246)

Speaking of the early Christians, the book World History, The Story of Man’s Achievements says: “Zealous Christians did not serve in the armed forces or accept political offices.”

Church historian Augustus Neander reported that “the Christians were represented as men dead to the world, and useless for all affairs of life; . . . and it was asked, what would become of the business of life, if all were like them?”
    “The Christians stood aloof and distinct from the state, as a priestly and spiritual race, and Christianity seemed able to influence civil life only in that manner which, it must be confessed, is the purest, by practically endeavouring to instil more and more of holy feeling into the citizens of the state.”—The History of the Christian Religion and Church, During the Three First Centuries (New York, 1848), Augustus Neander, translated from German by H. J. Rose, p. 168.

Yes, as Jesus fortold, the ones who came after him quickly apostasized and began speaking and teaching twisted things. Yes, the Christendom commited adultery with the political world, and for this, she will be destroyed, along with the rest of Babylon the Great.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 07 2008,16:57)

So you have no pressing opinion to share on the very high likelihood that scripture is a human invention, probably politically motivated,

I'm wondering why you think it is probably politically motivated?

Well the Old Testament has ALOT of reason to believe it is politically motivated.

The New Testament has some politics in it but significantly less.

Stu
    Participant

Hi David

History tells us that the earliest Christians followed Jesus who was “no part of the world” and whose kingdom was “no part of the world.”

But it was the early christians who claimed this, it is not a demonstration of a true fact. Just look at North Korea for a perfect parallel.

Refusal to get involved in politics is a political act, by definition.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account