I know we can eat meat but can we eat pork?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,00:23)
    Hi CON,
    Don't eat this. Don't touch that.
    Even the showbread was eaten by hungry men of God.
    Fear of failure is the fruit of self perfectionism but blessed are those to whom God imputes no sin.

You fail to understand that the members of the Council of Jerusalem had the spirit when they instructed the Gentile believers not to eat the meat from strangled animals, blood, or food sacrificed to idols. Each of these prohibitions is based on an act of love whether it is showing love for an animal, man, or God.

Why did God command people of all nations not to eat the lifeblood of a animal?

He tells us. Do you know? If you do then please share it.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,11:54)
    Even Paul was very explicit in his admonition to the Corinthian brethren, “Wherefore come out from among them, and be separate, says Yahweh, and touch not the unclean thing: and I will receive you.” 2 Cor 6:17

:cool:

He was not speaking of unclean food.

Try “temptation” instead.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 06 2009,17:43)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,11:54)
    Even Paul was very explicit in his admonition to the Corinthian brethren, “Wherefore come out from among them, and be separate, says Yahweh, and touch not the unclean thing: and I will receive you.” 2 Cor 6:17

:cool:

He was not speaking of unclean food.

Try “temptation” instead.

2 Corinthians 6:10-19 (Young's Literal Translation)

14Become not yoked with others — unbelievers, for what partaking [is there] to righteousness and lawlessness?

15and what fellowship to light with darkness? and what concord to Christ with Belial? or what part to a believer with an unbeliever?

16and what agreement to the sanctuary of God with idols? for ye are a sanctuary of the living God, according as God said — `I will dwell in them, and will walk among [them], and I will be their God, and they shall be My people,

17wherefore, come ye forth out of the midst of them, and be separated, saith the Lord, and an unclean thing do not touch, and I — I will receive you,

18and I will be to you for a Father, and ye — ye shall be to Me for sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.'

Once again Paul is definitely saying there is a way(Law) to follow God properly. This is not about temptation at all.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,13:50)
    Hi BD,
    How do questions do that ?

I said “if”

kerwin
    Participant

Bodhitharta wrote:

Once again Paul is definitely saying there is a way(Law) to follow God properly. This is not about temptation at all.

What is the difference between following the way (Law) and resisting temptation?

I ask because I believe they are the same.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The way into the kingdom is through the door of Jesus[Jn10] Those who climb in other ways are thieves and robbers.
    There is no other way of God but there is a wide path that most choose.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,00:11)
    Hi BD,
    The way into the kingdom is through the door of Jesus[Jn10] Those who climb in other ways are thieves and robbers.

Nick,

No offense, but it just dawned on me, you remind of the little piece of paper that comes out of the fortune cookie you get after dinner at a chinese resturaunt.

:laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    You like long dissertations?
    Simple works.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Wisdom is justified by her children.
    Many words do not make more truth.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 06 2009,19:01)
    Bodhitharta wrote:

What is the difference between following the way (Law) and resisting temptation?

Then resisting temptation to disobey God is the Law. So we must assert ourselves to see what pleases God and refrain from doing those things.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,19:36)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,00:11)
    Hi BD,

Nick,

No offense, but it just dawned on me, you remind of the little piece of paper that comes out of the fortune cookie you get after dinner at a chinese resturaunt.

:laugh:

No offense Nick, but that was funny :D

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 07 2009,03:47)

Bodhitharta wrote:

Then resisting temptation to disobey God is the Law. So we must assert ourselves to see what pleases God and refrain from doing those things.

It sounds like we agree on that. I believe our point of disagreement is that I believe total obedience is accomplished through obeying all the teachings of Jesus the Anointed One and you believe it takes human effort.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 07 2009,11:26)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 07 2009,03:47)

Bodhitharta wrote:

It sounds like we agree on that.  I believe our point of disagreement is that I believe total obedience is accomplished through obeying all the teachings of Jesus the Anointed One and you believe it takes human effort.

Belief is love of obedience. It is like a chess player who loves a particular working strategy as oppose to someone not really understanding the principles of chess move according to their personal feelings.

To Master Love is to Master obedience knowing it is the most effective strategy in seeking the Kingdom of Heaven

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Such as you must be born again of water and the Spirit?

Beloved
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,17:06)
    Beloved,

I hope I did not through and disharmony in my response to your original question, I am sure you noticed the disagreements between myself and others in here. I hope this does not hinder you in seeking the personal answers you wish to find.

Ah, well I'm a new Christian and I don't even know what a Gentile is. So I've been reading the comments, all of them, and I have not the slightest clue as to what anyone is talking about when they post a response arguing with someone else rather than answering my questions.

I went to T.G.I. Fridays today and ordered the Sizzling Chicken and Shrimp platter, but as I was scrolling the menu I asked God if it was okay to eat. I heard that it was okay so I ordered it and when it came to my table I prayed over it and blessed it and enjoyed my lunch.

By the way, I got the answers that I was looking for.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Beloved @ Nov. 07 2009,07:38)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,17:06)
    Beloved,

I hope I did not through and disharmony in my response to your original question, I am sure you noticed the disagreements between myself and others in here. I hope this does not hinder you in seeking the personal answers you wish to find.

Ah, well I'm a new Christian and I don't even know what a Gentile is. So I've been reading the comments, all of them, and I have not the slightest clue as to what anyone is talking about when they post a response arguing with someone else rather than answering my questions.

I went to T.G.I. Fridays today and ordered the Sizzling Chicken and Shrimp platter, but as I was scrolling the menu I asked God if it was okay to eat. I heard that it was okay so I ordered it and when it came to my table I prayed over it and blessed it and enjoyed my lunch.

By the way, I got the answers that I was looking for.

A Gentile is anyone who is basically a non-Jew.

It is forbidden to eat pork

terraricca
    Participant

hi ASH
    no it is not forbidden to eat pork ,only if you follow the law and believed that you are saved by the law then you can not eat pork and many other things.

if you follow the law you are not a Christian you are a Jew according to the flesh.

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 12 2010,02:12)
    hi ASH
    no it is not forbidden to eat pork ,only if you follow the law and believed that you are saved by the law then you can not eat pork and many other things.

if you follow the law you are not a Christian you are a Jew according to the flesh.

Hello.

The dietary laws are still in full effect as they were back then, for the Jew and for the Gentile.

The Noachide Laws implement basic kosher dietary laws for the Gentile, and is still legally binding.

Abstaining from blood, animals polluted by idolatry, animals that have been tortured or ripped apart while it was alive.

There is no such thing as a kosher slaughter house that deals with pork, therefore the pork consumer has to rely on slaughter houses that do not adhere to the above Noachide Laws.

Blood: the animals has to be completely drained of its blood, and salted. Pork is for the most part not prepared this way.

Polluted by idolatry: we live in the factory farm era, where animals a treated with hatred, violence and for the purpose of making profit and with the absence of love, therefore the evil that comes from this is idolatry

Tortured and/or ripped apart while it was alive: again, we live in the factory farm era, where animals are treated with violence, pumped with chemicals, no compassion, and the conditions of living are inhumane. It is forbidden to cause an animal pain or suffering. The animal must be slaughtered in a specific way so that it ensures that it was cared for and loved throughout its life and was killed without causing pain or suffering. This does not happen at a non-kosher slaughter house.

Small farms may adhere to these laws, but the days of the small farm has almost long gone.

The Christian who does not consider himself/herself a Jew has failed to realize that the New Testament attests to the fact that the Gentile who believes has been grafted into the fold of Israel, they are no longer Gentiles as per the New Testament. And the Torah applies to both Jew and Gentile regardless.

The flesh must live in the Spirit, through action. Faith and spirit without action is pointless.

Quote (ashermoshehthreepointonefour @ Jan. 11 2010,07:26)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 12 2010,02:12)
    hi ASH

Hello.

The dietary laws are still in full effect as they were back then, for the Jew and for the Gentile.

The Noachide Laws implement basic kosher dietary laws for the Gentile, and is still legally binding.

Abstaining from blood, animals polluted by idolatry, animals that have been tortured or ripped apart while it was alive.

There is no such thing as a kosher slaughter house that deals with pork, therefore the pork consumer has to rely on slaughter houses that do not adhere to the above Noachide Laws.

Blood: the animals has to be completely drained of its blood, and salted. Pork is for the most part not prepared this way.

Polluted by idolatry: we live in the factory farm era, where animals a treated with hatred, violence and for the purpose of making profit and with the absence of love, therefore the evil that comes from this is idolatry

Tortured and/or ripped apart while it was alive: again, we live in the factory farm era, where animals are treated with violence, pumped with chemicals, no compassion, and the conditions of living are inhumane. It is forbidden to cause an animal pain or suffering. The animal must be slaughtered in a specific way so that it ensures that it was cared for and loved throughout its life and was killed without causing pain or suffering. This does not happen at a non-kosher slaughter house.

Small farms may adhere to these laws, but the days of the small farm has almost long gone.

The Christian who does not consider himself/herself a Jew has failed to realize that the New Testament attests to the fact that the Gentile who believes has been grafted into the fold of Israel, they are no longer Gentiles as per the New Testament. And the Torah applies to both Jew and Gentile regardless.

The flesh must live in the Spirit, through action. Faith and spirit without action is pointless.

Absolute truth.

Kinda like the old saying “you are what you eat”.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account