I know we can eat meat but can we eat pork?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    So we need to adopt all jewish practices and laws and we will have an even greater relationship with Gods than we already have in his Son?

Naah.
    He cannot love us any more

Approved Food Is Good

A favorite Bible text used by proponents of the “we can eat anything we want” philosophy is Paul's letter to Timothy.

“For every creature of [Yahweh] is good, and nothing to be refused if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of [Yahweh] and prayer,” 1 Tim 4:4,5.

They believe that saying a blessing over pigs feet, blood pudding, Dog burgers, Coyote stew, Horse steaks, Rat on a stick, Skunk soup, fried Worms, deep fried bat, broiled buzzard, BBQ vulture, frog legs, lizard pie, braised salamander, toad truffles, Eel sandwiches, or monkey brains will then make them edible.

Using that kind of reasoning and taking these verses literally would mean that we could eat human beings since they are “creatures” as well.

The key words are underlined.

Sanctified by the word of [Yahweh]” means it is “set apart” somewhere in the Bible (the Word of Yahweh).

Edible creatures have already been set apart in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14.

No other creatures are sanctified by the word of Yahweh.

In general, these two chapters teach us that we are not to eat animals that are carnivores (eat flesh) like cats, lions, eagles, neither are we to eat garbage-eaters such as swine, dogs, shellfish, vultures, and crows.

No matter how much a person prays over cockroaches, centipedes, jellyfish, or slugs, they will remain unclean and unedible.

:blues:

You do not have to accept anything, you are your own person. Do as you wish.

:cool:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    I hope you do somehow attain to a better relationship with God through these things but He loves His son without reservation or judgement and we are in him.

Eat without doubt if you can.

A Warning From Our Loving Creator

In speaking of the conclusion of the age of man and the coming fiery judgment, Yahweh inspired the Prophet Isaiah to write that He, “will come with fire, and with His chariots like a whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with flames of fire,” Is 66:15.

Verse 16 says He will plead with all flesh (to repent and live according to His righteous laws).

Since they will not listen He will slay many.

Why?

One reason is found in verse 17, “They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the garden behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, declares Yahweh.”

It is interesting to note that of all the sins that Yahweh could have used to characterize the recipients of His fiery judgment, He chose eating swine's flesh and mice.

Yahweh says something similar in Is 65:1-7, using the eating of swine's flesh and the broth of abominable things as characteristics of those who provoke Him to anger.

Even Paul was very explicit in his admonition to the Corinthian brethren, “Wherefore come out from among them, and be separate, says Yahweh, and touch not the unclean thing: and I will receive you” (2 Cor 6:17).

Yahweh said to us through Peter, “Be ye holy; for I am holy.” (1 Pe 1:16).

That is a direct quote from Lev 11:44 as a summation of His dietary law.

Yahweh then concludes with the following statement; “This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moves in the waters, and of every creature that creeps upon the earth: To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beasts that may be eaten and the beasts that may not be eaten.” (vss. 46,47).

Therefore, be holy for Yahweh is holy.

We are to be living sacrifices. How can we be acceptable holy sacrifices if we are filled with swine's flesh (bacon, ham, sausage, pork chops, etc.) or other unclean animals that Yahweh forbid to be offered to Him as sacrifices?

The Apostle Paul wrote, ” Know ye not that ye are the temple of Elohim, and that the Spirit of Elohim dwelleth in you?

If any man defile the temple of Elohim, him shall Elohim destroy; for the temple of Elohim is holy, which temple ye are.”

How does one defile himself or his temple?

Lev 11:44-46, ” Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby. For I am Yahweh your Elohim: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. For I am Yahweh that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your Elohim: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.”

If an Israelite ate anything unclean or abominable, he became defiled and abominable in Yahweh's sight.

New Covenant believers are not to defile themselves through any means whether it be by eating unclean or by being joined to a harlot.

We are to be holy as He is holy.

Nor are we to make ourselves abominable by any means.

Rev 21:7,8 says, ” He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his Elohim, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

There is no condemnation for those in Messiah Yahshua if they sin ignorantly, but Yahshua's sacrifice is worthless to anyone who sins willfully unless they repent (Heb 10:26-30).

If you desire to live in complete harmony with Yahweh's will, you will not neglect the clean food law.

We are to be a clean people; to live clean, think clean, and eat clean so that our body is a fit temple for the indwelling Holy Spirit.

These laws were established for our own good, and we can realize the blessings that come with observing them.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 05 2009,18:01)
    Hi CON,
    I hope you do somehow attain to a better relationship with God through these things but He loves His son without reservation or judgement and we are in him.

I doubt nothing.

bodhitharta
    Participant

1) He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #173)

I only display this to show that Covenants are often specific to certain audiences or times.

(2) Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah. that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
    ( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #3)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,

1Tim4
    Surely you would not let food make you stumble?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,13:35)
    Hi CON,

1Tim4
    Surely you would not let food make you stumble?

But if you judge him for him for what he eats or drinks then you are stumbling not him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    How do questions do that ?

Beloved
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,12:55)
    Approved Food Is Good

A favorite Bible text used by proponents of the “we can eat anything we want” philosophy is Paul's letter to Timothy.

“For every creature of [Yahweh] is good, and nothing to be refused if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of [Yahweh] and prayer,” 1 Tim 4:4,5.

They believe that saying a blessing over pigs feet, blood pudding, Dog burgers, Coyote stew, Horse steaks, Rat on a stick, Skunk soup, fried Worms, deep fried bat, broiled buzzard, BBQ vulture, frog legs, lizard pie, braised salamander, toad truffles, Eel sandwiches, or monkey brains will then make them edible.

Using that kind of reasoning and taking these verses literally would mean that we could eat human beings since they are “creatures” as well.

Sanctified by the word of [Yahweh]” means it is “set apart” somewhere in the Bible (the Word of Yahweh).

Edible creatures have already been set apart in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14.

In general, these two chapters teach us that we are not to eat animals that are carnivores (eat flesh) like cats, lions, eagles, neither are we to eat garbage-eaters such as swine, dogs, shellfish, vultures, and crows.

No matter how much a person prays over cockroaches, centipedes, jellyfish, or slugs, they will remain unclean and unedible.

Ugh some of that stuff that you mentioned I wouldn't want to eat anyway. Sounds pretty gross to eat, though I do know that people in other cultures eat things that I do not. Even in other parts of my country people eat various foods that I don't.

For instance, it's been my personal belief to not eat snakes, though some people do.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,13:03)

Hi CON,

I doubt nothing.

Co  What you do doubt is that we are in a New Covenant under Christ's Blood. Also that the Sabbath was made for the children of Israel and notfor us.  Unless you are Jew!!  Are you?
    Peace and Love from our Savior, Irene

Hi CON,

How do you know how my relationship with God is? And yes he loves his son without reservation or judgement and he dod not eat unclean animals.

I doubt nothing that I eat or won't eat, your the one making it a burden, not I, for me there is no burden in eating clean foods.

Quote (georg @ Nov. 05 2009,19:01)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,13:03)

Hi CON,

I doubt nothing.

Co  What you do doubt is that we are in a New Covenant under Christ's Blood. Also that the Sabbath was made for the children of Israel and notfor us.  Unless you are Jew!!  Are you?
    Peace and Love from our Savior, Irene

The only thing I doubt is, is your interpretation of the new covenant.

Even Paul was very explicit in his admonition to the Corinthian brethren, “Wherefore come out from among them, and be separate, says Yahweh, and touch not the unclean thing: and I will receive you.” 2 Cor 6:17

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 05 2009,18:21)
    1) He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.  
    (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #173)

I only display this to show that Covenants are often specific to certain audiences or times.

(2) Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah. that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.  
    (  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #3)

Your dietary laws seem to reflect the same ones that I observe, and we are of two differant religious beliefs. And yet others seem to argue the aspect of clean and unclean. This I cannot fathom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Indeed what has Christ in harmony with Belial or believers with unbelievers?
    Little children, guard yourself from idols .[1Cor5]
    But food is not evil.
    Focus.

Quote (Beloved @ Nov. 05 2009,18:59)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 06 2009,12:55)
    Approved Food Is Good

Ugh some of that stuff that you mentioned I wouldn't want to eat anyway. Sounds pretty gross to eat, though I do know that people in other cultures eat things that I do not. Even in other parts of my country people eat various foods that I don't.

For instance, it's been my personal belief to not eat snakes, though some people do.

Beloved,

I hope I did not through and disharmony in my response to your original question, I am sure you noticed the disagreements between myself and others in here. I hope this does not hinder you in seeking the personal answers you wish to find.

kerwin
    Participant

Constitutionalist wrote:

Like I said we are not totally against “oral law” as long as it stays within what is already written. Otherwise it becomes a common religious teaching and not from God.

Sounds good as the Rabbinic tradition does seem go overboard on regulations which causes its teachings in some instances to contradict the actual Torah.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Nov. 05 2009,19:21)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 04 2009,22:21)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Nov. 04 2009,16:49)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 04 2009,17:17)
    Hi,
    There are no food restrictions of those in Christ.

Nick: I couldn't agree more. Perfect short post! Bless you TK

You are not reading what is actually written since according to Acts the gentiles are forbidden to eat blood, food sacrificed to idols, and meat from strangled animals.  Paul addresses the issue of food sacrificed to idols and the banning of eating blood is written in the law.  I am not why eating the meat from strangled animals is banned but it may have something to do with eating blood.

It seems the Jews ban it because it causes cruel and unusual pain for the animal.

Kerwin: In the New Covenant there is no Jew nor Gentile nor bond nor free. No male nor female. In God all are one. There can be Jew's and Gentiles in physical bloodline, but not spiritually. In the New Covenant way of Spirit all are made one. Thats why all the blessings of God are for “whosoever” will believe and accept them. Faith in God has been the way of God since the beginning of time. Abraham was righteous by faith. Perfection and connection were always by faith. Bless you, TK

I am speaking culturally and not spiritually.  Both Jews and Gentiles are spiritually the children of God once they enter the new covenant but they still can maintain their cultures provided they can do so while living by the Spirit.  According to Acts Jewish Christians obeyed the Law of Moses as was was their custom.  Even in the Law of Moses, Gentiles are not held to the same standards.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account