I know we can eat meat but can we eat pork?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 183 total)
  • Author

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 04 2009,03:21)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Nov. 04 2009,16:49)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 04 2009,17:17)
    Hi,
    There are no food restrictions of those in Christ.

Nick: I couldn't agree more. Perfect short post! Bless you TK

You are not reading what is actually written since according to Acts the gentiles are forbidden to eat blood, food sacrificed to idols, and meat from strangled animals.  Paul addresses the issue of food sacrificed to idols and the banning of eating blood is written in the law.  I am not why eating the meat from strangled animals is banned but it may have something to do with eating blood.

It seems the Jews ban it because it causes cruel and unusual pain for the animal.

Kosher killing of an animal requires the animal to be upside down, slicing the throat ans allowing all blood to drain out.

Strangling an animal, or killing in any other fashion does not allow the blood to drain out.

Life (Nephesh) is in the blood.

Leviticus 17;11-16 For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul. Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood. And whatsoever man [there be] of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust. For [it is] the life of all flesh; the blood of it [is] for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh [is] the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off. And every soul that eateth that which died [of itself], or that which was torn [with beasts, whether it be] one of your own country, or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes, and bathe [himself] in water, and be unclean until the even: then shall he be clean. But if he wash [them] not, nor bathe his flesh; then he shall bear his iniquity.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, [who is] the faithful witness, [and] the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Notice his blood did not remove the LAW but his blood sanctifies, remits, wash's, sheds, propitiates, justifies, forgives, purges, cleans those who transgresses the law, instead of killing an animal in front of the high priest to cover your transgression, you can now go straight to him, for the sacrifice he made once and for all.

But since many in here claim the law is for the Jew only, meaning if there is no law for them, then there is no transgression, meaning if there is no transgression, then there is no sin, if there is no sin, then they don't need a mediator, then if they don't need a mediator, then the cross was worthless.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 04 2009,13:59)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Nov. 04 2009,21:49)

Hi,

Of course there are! Is it allowed to drink blood or food sacrificed to Idols?

To them drinking blood is nothing, eating swine is nothing. Almost scary isn't it?

kerwin
    Participant

Constitutionalist wrote:

Kosher killing of an animal requires the animal to be upside down, slicing the throat ans allowing all blood to drain out.

I had to laugh when I heard the modern day Pharisees were teaching that.   Just imagine a hunter having to sneak up on a wild animal in order to hang it upside down before killing it by slicing its throat.  I suppose a farm family has a little more chance of doing it though I am going say they did not.

That sounds more like a priest doing a sacrifice.

I lived on a farm where the animal was killed and then hung upside down to be blooded.  I am going to say that was probably the actual Jewish practice until some bureaucratic Rabbi “interpreted” the law by adding to it.

As this passage in the Law states hunting was not forbidden.

Leviticus 17:13-14(NIV) reads:

” 'Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth, because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.”

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 05 2009,12:25)
    Hi KW,
    Tradition teaches we should go back to the ways of the tradition-bound Pharisees but the Spirit of God offers freedom.  The Spirit of tradition led the assault on our Master and arranged his death.

So according to you Paul and the Council at Jerusalem are Pharisees.  

You will have to include John since he wrote in revelations.

Revelations 2:14(KJV) reads:

But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

and

Revelations 2:20(KJV) reads:

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

I would say you should heed that last warning.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 04 2009,13:34)
    Hi CON,
    Are you going to become a Jew?

Becoming? I was born a Qārāʾîm Jew, you may know it as a Yahadut Kara'it (Karaite). My family comes from Poland, many have gone back to Israel (Aliyah), many like my great grandparents immigrated to the United States, and here is where I found, believe in, and accepted the Messiah (Moshiach) as my Savior.

Bodhitharta may know of Qārāʾîm Jews, since many live in areas like Iran, Egypt, etc, and unlike most Jews, Qārāʾîm Jews are well respected in most Muslim Countries. In fact it is sad that Muslims accept Qārāʾîm Jews while most Rabbinical Jews do not, there is alot of animosity towards Qārāʾîm Jews by the Rabbinical Jews because we are p'shat Tanakh only, they believe as heretics, while we do read the Mishna or the Talmud (Mishna/Talmud is not halacha), it must balance to the p'shat Tanakh. This is the main reason most Rabbinical Jews do not accept us. We observe the original form of Judaism. Not the Rabbinical form of Judaism.

:cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaite_Judaism

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 04 2009,23:08)
    Constitutionalist wrote:

I had to laugh when I heard the modern day Pharisees were teaching that.   Just imagine a hunter having to sneak up on a wild animal in order to hang it upside down before killing it by slicing its throat.  I suppose a farm family has a little more chance of doing it though I am going say they did not.

That sounds more like a priest doing a sacrifice.

I lived on a farm where the animal was killed and then hung upside down to be blooded.  I am going to say that was probably the actual Jewish practice until some bureaucratic Rabbi “interpreted” the law by adding to it.

As this passage in the Law states hunting was not forbidden.

Leviticus 17:13-14(NIV) reads:

” 'Any Israelite or any alien living among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth, because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.”

Whether in a butchers market or by a hunter it must be blooded.

Todays secular butchers do not blood the animals, they kill them and cut them up, 99% eats the blood of animals.

Also the Kosher way of killing a beast is more merciful.

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 04 2009,23:14)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 05 2009,12:25)
    Hi KW,
    Tradition teaches we should go back to the ways of the tradition-bound Pharisees but the Spirit of God offers freedom.  The Spirit of tradition led the assault on our Master and arranged his death.

So according to you Paul and the Council at Jerusalem are Pharisees.  

You will have to include John since he wrote in revelations.

Revelations 2:14(KJV) reads:

But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

and

Revelations 2:20(KJV) reads:

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

I would say you should heed that last warning.

Kerwin, Noticed Jesus kept his Jewishness while passing that to John, oh, and they won't take heed to that.

kerwin
    Participant

Constitutionalist wrote:

Todays secular butchers do not blood the animals, they kill them and cut them up, 99% eats the blood of animals.

Today's non Jewish or Muslim butchers may be guilty of what you accuse them of but I do not know.   I only know we chose to blood animals on the farm though even then I am not sure why.

I am not sure about the more merciful but I do not believe if is inhumane.  It does meet the basic requirement of blooding the animal.  The only complaint I have is that it loads up the process with all kinds of burdens that are unnecessary for keeping the Law of Mosses.  I believe Jesus warned the Pharisees about that action even in his day.

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 05 2009,00:21)
    Constitutionalist wrote:

Today's non Jewish or Muslim butchers may be guilty of what you accuse them of but I do not know.   I only know we chose to blood animals on the farm though even then I am not sure why.

I am not sure about the more merciful but I do not believe if is inhumane.  It does meet the basic requirement of blooding the animal.  The only complaint I have is that it loads up the process with all kinds of burdens that are unnecessary for keeping the Law of Mosses.  I believe Jesus warned the Pharisees about that action even in his day.

Because God's laws were in their hearts and farmers and hunters knew how to (Clean) dress an animal. They knew God's law even if it seemed to be natural or instinct to them.

It is not until (Mammon) greed, comes into the picture when man kills animals for profit, and disregard God's laws on cleaning the animal the right way. And thus 99% of mankind are blood drinkers by the process of someones elses greed and don't even know it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Do not your efforts to fulfill all the old covenant regulations distract from the work of the Spirit through us?

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 05 2009,00:21)
    Constitutionalist wrote:

The Pharisees were unlike all the other Jewish sects during the time of Jesus.

Of all the Jewish sects, Jesus main argument was against the Pharisees in how they abused and misused Gods law. The other Jewish sects other than the Pharisees and the Sadducees Jesus made no argument against.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 05 2009,00:36)
    Hi CON,
    Do not your efforts to fulfill all the old covenant regulations distract from the work of the Spirit through us?

Again, your parroting the same old thing.

No it is through the Spirit that I can fulfill 'Elohims commandments.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hio CON,
    The pharisees were in the seat of Moses but directly opposed Jesus, along with the Sadducees.
    Those who oppose can expect rebuke but they were no worse than others, just outspoken in their rebellion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    It so happens that you probably do but not by your efforts, rather by grace.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    We all do need to choose daily who is our lord.
    We can continue to be so even by striving to be perfect by works but it is wiser to let God.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 05 2009,00:45)
    Hi CON,
    It so happens that you probably do but not by your efforts, rather by grace.

Faith without works is _?

kerwin
    Participant

Constitutionalist wrote:

Because God's laws were in their hearts and farmers and hunters knew how to (Clean) dress an animal. They knew God's law even if it seemed to be natural or instinct to them.

I have looked into it and it appears farmers and hunters still bleed their animals.  Some claim the meat taste better.  I did see that a number of different techniques are used.  I do not know which if any are more efficient.  I believe the Kocher I read about came from the Rabbinic tradition as they attributed some of their additional regulations to oral Law.

Constitutionalist wrote:

It is not until (Mammon) greed, comes into the picture when man kills animals for profit, and disregard God's laws on cleaning the animal the right way. And thus 99% of mankind are blood drinkers by the process of someone else’s greed and don't even know it.

It is quite possible that you are correct especially if a buck can be made from doing so.  Still, we are taught to keep a clear conscious of anything sold in the meat market unless we know better.

Constitutionalist wrote:

Becoming? I was born a Qārāʾîm Jew, you may know it as a Yahadut Kara'it (Karaite).

So you are a “captive baby” or at least were until you decided to follow Jesus.  Now those of the Rabbinic tradition probably deny you are a Jew at all.

I do believe there was an oral Law that was addressed in some New Testament scriptures but the ones the teachers of the Rabbinic tradition use today have evolved since then.  I speculate that the banning of eating meat of strangled animals and food sacrificed to idols probably came from there since I can find no direct evidence of those prohibitions in the Law of Mosses.  

I view the oral law as conversation between teacher of Law over the correct interpretation and application of the Law of Mosses to real life situations not already covered by the written Law.  I believe it is approximately equivalent to court/common law.

Constitutionalist wrote:

Kerwin, Noticed Jesus kept his Jewishness while passing that to John, oh, and they won't take heed to that.

Paul kept his as well and even told us he is a member of the tribe of Benjamin.

Constitutionalist wrote:

Of all the Jewish sects, Jesus main argument was against the Pharisees in how they abused and misused Gods law. The other Jewish sects other than the Pharisees and the Sadducees Jesus made no argument against.

They did seem to see him as their foe.

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 05 2009,01:33)
    Constitutionalist wrote:

I have looked into it and it appears farmers and hunters still bleed their animals.  Some claim the meat taste better.  I did see that a number of different techniques are used.  I do not know which if any are more efficient.  I believe the Kocher I read about came from the Rabbinic tradition as they attributed some of their additional regulations to oral Law.

Constitutionalist wrote:

It is not until (Mammon) greed, comes into the picture when man kills animals for profit, and disregard God's laws on cleaning the animal the right way. And thus 99% of mankind are blood drinkers by the process of someone else’s greed and don't even know it.

It is quite possible that you are correct especially if a buck can be made from doing so.  Still, we are taught to keep a clear conscious of anything sold in the meat market unless we know better.

Constitutionalist wrote:

Becoming? I was born a Qārāʾîm Jew, you may know it as a Yahadut Kara'it (Karaite).

So you are a “captive baby” or at least were until you decided to follow Jesus.  Now those of the Rabbinic tradition probably deny you are a Jew at all.

I do believe there was an oral Law that was addressed in some New Testament scriptures but the ones the teachers of the Rabbinic tradition use today have evolved since then.  I speculate that the banning of eating meat of strangled animals and food sacrificed to idols probably came from there since I can find no direct evidence of those prohibitions in the Law of Mosses.  

I view the oral law as conversation between teacher of Law over the correct interpretation and application of the Law of Mosses to real life situations not already covered by the written Law.  I believe it is approximately equivalent to court/common law.

Constitutionalist wrote:

Paul kept his as well and even told us he is a member of the tribe of Benjamin.

Constitutionalist wrote:

They did seem to see him as their foe.

Like I said we are not totally against “oral law” as long as it stays within what is already written. Otherwise it becomes a common religious teaching and not from God.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 04 2009,22:21)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Nov. 04 2009,16:49)

Hi,

You are not reading what is actually written since according to Acts the gentiles are forbidden to eat blood, food sacrificed to idols, and meat from strangled animals.  Paul addresses the issue of food sacrificed to idols and the banning of eating blood is written in the law.  I am not why eating the meat from strangled animals is banned but it may have something to do with eating blood.

It seems the Jews ban it because it causes cruel and unusual pain for the animal.

Kerwin: In the New Covenant there is no Jew nor Gentile nor bond nor free. No male nor female. In God all are one. There can be Jew's and Gentiles in physical bloodline, but not spiritually. In the New Covenant way of Spirit all are made one. Thats why all the blessings of God are for “whosoever” will believe and accept them. Faith in God has been the way of God since the beginning of time. Abraham was righteous by faith. Perfection and connection were always by faith. Bless you, TK

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account