I John 5:7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 413 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You said
    “As for forcing anyone to take sides over whether 1 John 5:7 should be part of scripture, let me ask you this. Do you believe in the Father? Do you believe in the Son? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe all three witness all things that happen in heaven and in earth?”

So you are saying there is a being with the Father and the Son in heaven that can witness things on earth?

Or is there another way of reading this?

Apart from the false verse in 1 Jn
    can you show us in scripture
    a “deity” of no name
    with God and His son in heaven?

So instead of answering the question and letting everyone know that you don't or do believe that the Holy Spirit is or is not God, you instead answer it by saying that the verse 1 John 5:7 is spurious in your opinion.

So by answering in such a way, I am to assume you do not believe that the Holy Spirit and God are one in the same. For if you were to believe they were one in the same, then you would be contradicting yourself by denying the verse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Or you could answer the question and show us from scriupture that what you teach is true??

That would be more then sufficient and all that matters. As for this verse and it's place, for those who would try to use it for their stand on the trinity, they will not stand. That is all that matters. The scripture is of truth and cannot be used mallously by those would attempt to do so to try to reinforce their doctrines of men, for there is far to much that debunks the trinity doctrine in the Word of God.

As for what I teach, it comes by the unction of the Holy Spirit, which is God. And his truth stands and cannot be torn down. I have posted things that are powerful teachings from the Lord and they have not been moved. The three baptisms is a powerful lesson, but few have taken the time to learn it. It is easier to rely on one's own teachings or the doctrines of men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    And addressing the question?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 12 2006,01:53)
    Hi H,
    Or you could answer the question and show us from scriupture that what you teach is true??

Better yet Nick, since I have posted so much, it would be better if you find what is not true. And since you hav not been able to do so, answer my question and I will repost it for all to see.

So instead of answering the question and letting everyone know that you don't or do believe that the Holy Spirit is or is not God, you instead answer it by saying that the verse 1 John 5:7 is spurious in your opinion.

So by answering in such a way, I am to assume you do not believe that the Holy Spirit and God are one in the same. For if you were to believe they were one in the same, then you would be contradicting yourself by denying the verse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 12 2006,23:47)

Hi H,
    God is spirit.
    God and His Spirit are never separate.
    God works through His amazing spirit that is OF HIM.

If I shook hands with you would I be greeting you,
    or only your hand?

The Spirit is called the finger of God.

Thus in heaven you will never see God separately from His OWN Spirit.

For here is my stand for all to see. I believe that God the Father and the Holy Spirit are one in the same. I believe that the Son of God was begotten of the Father in the beginning and the Father made the Son God of all creation.

John 1 KJV
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I believe that the Father created all things, by the Son and through the Son by the unction of the Holy Spirit.

And God the Father himself refers to the Son as God. This is proven in Hebrews 1. I believe to no recognize that the Father has not given the fullness of the Godhead to the Son, and to not call the Son God is not of God. For none can come to the Father, but through the Son. Although the Son is not God the Father, he is our salvation and there is no other name that can save a man. So to pray to God is to pray to the Son and the Father. Yet, it must be done in the name of the Son. And there is one thing to remember is that there is only one God. The Son was given the authority of the Godhead until all things have been subdued. And once this has been done, the Father will be all in all. 1 Cor. 15:28

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Now that you answered that Nick, do you believe that God made the Son God until his will is complete? Do you believe that Jesus should be considered God? Or was Thomas wrong for referring to Jesus as God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So you still say the Spirit is separate in heaven from God, as another witness?
    Surely the Spirit is not a created being?

I cannot find any scriptures about gods being appointed.
    Have you found any you can share?

Where did I say that Nick? God is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a part of Father God he has given of himself to us who come to him through faith. And it was by the unction of the Holy Spirit all of creation came into existance through the Word and by the Word by the will of the Father. The Holy Spirit is all truth and righteousness. There is no truth and righteousness outside the Holy Spirit, God the Father, who is maker of heaven and earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    This is what you said
    “As for forcing anyone to take sides over whether 1 John 5:7 should be part of scripture, let me ask you this. Do you believe in the Father? Do you believe in the Son? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit? Do you believe all three witness all things that happen in heaven and in earth? “

Can you explain again about three divine witnesses in heaven?

I thought I already did. You don't believe that Jesus is in heaven? If not, where would he be?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    That is one.

From here on out, I won't answer questions unless they are sincere.

jahman
    Participant

There are really quite a bit of varibles when trying to discern accurate truth.

Christ as 'him', in the O.T. I think is really cloaked in all manifestations of God. He is the 'Rock that followed them', the donkey speaking to Balamm, the pillar of fire by night, the cloud by day..Arron's rod that budded, the burning bush etc.

Was this also Jesus?

In a very real sense I see it like this: Heaven married itself into earth when the Word became flesh. In other words, heaven entered humanity, when Christ entered Jesus.

Who is Christ? Christ is the creative light force of God. Christ is that created light, when God said, 'Let there be light'. Out of this Light, as the creative foundation for all things visible or invisible, exists because of this light-force. This is the same light that 'lights every man that is come into the world'.

Without this primal Christ-light, there is no existence. What science can trace to the enegry form of light in the visible world, I would presume to say, is the outer side of the inner invisible force behind it. That's where the end of perceptible energy butts up against non-material Spirit. But the physical eye can not see into the spiritual world.

That the Christ, the Word of God side.

Now on the Jesus side, which is possibly even more mysterious more me, for scripture content is lacking..however do consider this verse. Romans 5:14

“Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similtude of Adam's transgression, WHO IS THE FIGURE OF HIM THAT WAS TO COME”.

We can dismiss it as a figure of speech..but the imperative is on the word 'IS'.

Now the next verse. “But not as the offence, so also is the free gift”. It goes on to point out that as by one man came disobedience and unrighteousness, so also by one man's obedience, shall the curse be reversed, type thing.

So for me, Jesus is the second Adam. The unfallen Adam, the Son of Man. Spiritualized divine man, if you will.

When scripture says that God formed man from the dust of the ground, you have to understand what kind of 'dust' this was. It was not the kind of cursed dirt we walk upon. In my imagination, it was more like star-dust, luminous and shining.

Now this theme runs on into another subject..that of how a shift in perception, in accordance to the power that is at work within us..that will bring about the completion of the curse-reversal. Or as 1 John puts it: “Now we know not what we shall be, but we do know that when he shall appear, we shall be like him, FOR we shall see him, as he is….

That is, just as all creation groans and waits for the manifestation of the sons of God…the christ-kingdom within, our hope of glory, will open our spiritual eyes. When this happens, we will be like him..living also in the spiritually perceptible world..no longer dominated by physical perception.

What is immanent, is also transcendent. I tend to believe this is the whole meaning behind the new heavens and new earth coming down out of heaven. Christ within, brought to us by the precious blood of Jesus, is the mediating force that will bring about this change.

Sorry about the rabbit-trail, I just go with the flow.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jah,
    Christ means messiah or anointed one.
    So was Jesus the Messiah, or was the messiah living in him?
    Who was Jesus then, just a shell for Christ?
    Was Jesus, the body, conceived and of who?
    Did Christ come into the world empowered or was he anointed by God with the Spirit?

How do you understand 1 Jn 4 if you say Jesus is different from the Christ?

” 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world”

david
    Participant

ok, you can't call him Jah for short. It just doesn't work.

david
    Participant

The expression: “Praise Jah you people,” or or “Yah,” if you prefer, occurs about 30 times in Psalms I believe and “Jah” as the shortened form of the divine name occurs about a hundred times in the Bible.
    To call a person this, seems wrong, doesn't it?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 413 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account