I John 5:7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 413 total)
  • Author
    wind_slasher52
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 01 2006,07:37)

Quote (wind_slasher52 @ Sep. 01 2006,21:34)
    i have given you tons of scriptures to answer this simple question Nick. Go through them again and find it.
    Jesus Christ (the flesh) is referring to the Father (God, Spirit, uncreated, without beginning and end). Many times Jesus spoke as a man in the flesh. And many times He spoke as the God (Father) who dwells in Him.

Are you saying that Jesus Christ is the actual flesh?

If so, then what is his soul if he is the flesh?

Matthew 26:38
    Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”

JESUS CHRIST, IN HIS BEING THE SON OF MAN IS OF THE SAME

MATERIAL MADE AS PROPHESIED (GEN 3:15). ALL FLESH WERE BORN

WITH THE SAME BASIC ELEMENTS WHICH INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the
    dust of the ground,

and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man

became a living soul.

THE PHYSICAL EARTHLY BODY,

Generally speaking, the Old Testament language employs no fixed

term for the human body as an entire organism in exact

opposition to “soul” or “spirit.” Various terms were employed,

each of which denotes only one part or element of the physical

nature, such as “trunk,” “bones,” “belly,” “bowels,” “reins,”

“flesh,” these parts being used, by synecdoche, for the whole:

“bone,” or “skeleton,”

THE SOUL, n.

1. The spiritual, rational and immortal substance in man,

which distinguishes him from brutes; that part of man which

enables him to think and reason, and which renders him a subject

of moral government.

THE
    SPIRIT

breathed into his nostrils the breath of life — not a literal

act, but a portion of God’s Spirit breathed to man

in creating His image and likeness)making him unique compared

to other creatures created. And man became a living soul.

This phrase shows that man’s life originated in a different

way from his body – being implanted
    directly by God (Ecc_12:7),

and hence in the new creation of the soul Christ breathed on

His disciples (Joh_20:22). They received the Spirit of God,

(Acts 2:4)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WS2,
    You are stepping outside of scriptural proofs to make this statement
    “THE
    SPIRIT
    breathed into his nostrils the breath of life — not a literal act
    but a portion of God’s Spirit breathed to man”

Just because Jesus gave the disciples the Spirit by breathing on them is no proof that God gave His Spirit to man by His breath in creation.

The breath of God
    is not
    scripturally
    The Spirit of God.

wind_slasher52
    Participant

ok nick, well taken.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This verse was in the first edition of the KJV but withdrawn in later versions and replaced in the latest versions. Who makes these decisions? Obviously they are not always right.

This verse belongs in scripture as much as all the rest. It is the evil hearts of men who try to say it does not. It fits perfectly with all of scripture. If it did not, then it could be said that it did not belong. The problem is that those who do not believe in the trinity oppose it because they believe it reinforces the stand on those who support the trinity. Yet, this is only because of the weakness in understanding of God's Word. For it neither supports of unsupports. It completes. It is as much a part of Holy Scripture as all.

I do not believe in the trinity doctrine and I believe the King James bible is the infallible Word of God. There is mountains of scripture that debunk the trinity doctrine in the King James and this verse is in perfect harmony with all Holy Writ. To say it is supporting or not supporting a man made doctrine is just another whim of the doctrines of men.

Those who oppose the King James, which for centuries was known as only as the Holy Bible are the ones who make the waves on this scripture and whether it should be included in the bible. Know this. I have put forth the challenge and have had not one taker when it comes to the translation challenge. And the reason being is not can stand against the awsome power of God's mighty Word. The same has been with the posts I have posted. They come from the King James bible. They can not be torn down, because they are faithful and true and were given by the unction of the Holy Spirit. If they were my teachings, then most assuredly, they would have been torn assunder, because I am just a man. But all truth comes from God and we are all capable of receiving that truth through the unction of the Holy Spirit and faith in Christ. It is a fountain of living water that all who seek the face of God can receive if they believe. Not any one man has the monopoly on the truth of God's Word. For it is given to all who ask freely. All it takes is faith.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Who decided to take it out of the KJV then ?
    Are those versions corrupt and should you not be warning us against such corrupt versions?

All those versions? And which one still has it in it? And which one do I believe is infallible?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Your opinion is always valuable.

And when you can disprove what I posted, you can say it is but my opinion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    We sift your words in the same way as those of any other man
    and we are sometimes able to find treasures.

That is what it is all about. All of us seeking the face of God and seeking the truth that comes from the fruits of the Holy Spirit. I thank God for this forum more then most. For most that I go to are so much more away from the Word of God. Most are bound in the doctrines of men. This forum is a blessing. I believe the Lord's hand moves mightily here. Yet, there are obstacles that must be overcome, but not quite as severe as the other places I move in. I ask the Lord to bless you brothers for doing his will on this forum and to continue to fight the good fight. Just do not quench the spirit.

Although this forum does claim it is not of the doctrines of men, I can see it is not completely free of the doctrines of men. Yet, as brothers in Christ, we will overcome. I love you brothers and God bless you for your work on this forum. Let us seek the face of God always.

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

True that.

Not trying to be difficult here, but if we were for example to include the doctrine of the KJV that you promote, then we would surely be dabling in the wisdom of man.

We try to keep away from this stuff and it should remain in the realm of opinion. Opinions are OK, but opinions promoted as a doctrine that we must believe is not. Such doctrines are not worth promoting as truth as they can only lead to an unnecessary division regarding this subject.

In my opinion, forcing brothers to divide over opinion is not wise.

Anyway the subject here is I John 5:7 and so I will end this post with the fact that the version of I John 5:7 in the KJV sits on it's own compared with other translations and it is also documented on how the addition got in there.

That is why we prefer to stick to scripture and let scripture guide us. The wisdom of man is full of faults. Of course I am the first to admit that we are not perfect and we do not obey that which we believe 100% of the time.

Dear t8

Not once or not one can prove what has been posted by myself using only the King James and the unction of the Holy Spirit is not of truth from God. So if it was not of truth, could you not boast then that the King James is unreliable, and not worthy to be used, but yet, it is sound and will trample all who oppose it. For it is God's Holy Word. I am not saying some of my opinions that came after were not of the flesh, for I am a man and am capable of emotions and saying and doing things that I should not. I pray I haven't, and that all has been done according to his will, but often times I find myself asking for forgiveness for being too coarse or harsh with someone instead of being more compassionate and more loving. Just today I was reading proverbs 6:16 and felt guilt in my heart and the need to pray.

As for forcing anyone to take sides over whether 1 John 5:7 should be part of scripture, let me ask you this. Do you believe in the Father? Do you believe in the Son? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit? Do you believe all three witness all things that happen in heaven and in earth? If you answer yes, then you believe that this scripture should be included within the confines of the Holy Writ. If you don't then you are denying scripture or the unction of the Holy Spirit? For even if it was not written, I would believe it. Wouldn't you?

And besides, I can't see how you can not accept verse seven and then accept verse eight. For they are so similar with eachother. And the interesting part is most do not understand verse eight at all. Verse seven is self explaining, but if it is missing, it makes verse eight the more difficult to understand.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You say
    'As for forcing anyone to take sides over whether 1 John 5:7 should be part of scripture, let me ask you this. Do you believe in the Father? Do you believe in the Son? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit? Do you believe all three witness all things that happen in heaven and in earth?'

Which version of the KJV is the true one again?
    Do you believe like the trinitarians that the Holy Spirit is a separate person in God from the Father?

Matt 1
    ” 19Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. “

So who is the physical Father of Jesus conceived in the womb of Mary?

the Father
    or
    the Holy Spirit?

Nick, there you go again. Instead of being one who is trying to work for the kingdom of God, you are trying to tear it down. You know very well that I do not believe in the trinity doctrine and can probably give a better argument then most on this forum as to why one should not believe in the unsound trinity doctrine.

As for the Father and the Holy Spirit, they are one in the same. The Son is the quickening spirit who was begotten of the Father in the beginning and all of creation came into being by the Word, the Son, through the Word, the Son by the will of the Father through the unction of the Holy Spirit.

As for your stupid question about the physical Father of Jesus, I won't bother with even answering it. I will just say grow up and quite being a hinderance to the faith.
    Maybe you should ask David?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I think it is natural when you see what you wrote

” Do you believe in the Holy Spirit? Do you believe all three witness all things that happen in heaven and in earth? “

Can the holy Spirit be with the Father in heaven
    without being another person?
    Are there any scriptures showing the Holy Spirit in heaven?

Nick, you sure don't know much about God do you? Have you ever heard the word ominpresent or omnipotent? Do you think God exists just in one plain realm? Think for a minute. He is without beginning and without end. He is infinite. We cannot even comprehend his smallest, much more his greatest wisdoms.

Nick, is the Holy Spirit God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You say
    “Have you ever heard the word ominpresent or omnipotent?”
    Can you show me where these are in the bible as this is a biblical study forum?

Psst you did not answer the question but attacked me and went off in another tangent again.

Nick, answer the question. Do you believe the Holy Spirit is God? Yes or No?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 413 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account