How is Jesus not God?

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 673 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi sultan,
    Does that prove God is limited?

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Sultan – welcome back!

We have a member named “Shania” who has the very same Avatar as you, so with the names and Avatar's looking similar I missed that you are a returning member.

Anyway, glad you are here and contributing! Hope to hear more.
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

amen,
    You are a blessing to many and we would like you to stay around.

Cato
    Participant

Quote (Sultan @ July 01 2008,10:31)
    The problem is God is not limitless. God is limited. For instance God cannot lie( Titus 1:2), also God does not change (Mal. 3:6). To say God is limitless is out of line with what the scriptures reveal, and open the door for manifold confusion. God is limited by His own nature.

What does the appellation “Almighty” mean to you?  Absolute power by definition is without limits.  If God is limited as you say, perhaps it should God almost Almighty?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 24 2008,17:42)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 24 2008,06:47)

Quote (Cato @ June 24 2008,06:04)
    Jesus came to show us the way we need to travel ourselves not take the journey for us.

Cato,
    Something to consider if you take the bible at it's word or as a useful inspired offering:

Hebrews 2:10, 11

In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family.

So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.

*It was necessary for him to take the journey for us*
    Mandy

Nice post Mandy,
    I agree with you that God has chosen a person like you and me through whom God can show His love and mercy towards these weak vessels. By glorifying this Jesus God has given us the  hope of glorious future in him.
    Love to you
    Adam

Greetings Adam…..”Weak Vessels”….G i like to consider this a forum where the exchange of beliefs as well as percieved beliefs are the subject for discussion in the interests of teaching and learning….For one who, as I see it, is in spiritual diapers,he should not be making judgement calls on others,instead,contribute your thoughts to the forum in the form of discourse…..

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings Sultan……God is timeless,limitless and most of all PERFECT in every way…..Every one of the frailties you cited to prove God is limited only support the fact that we are limited…They are all human weaknesses and God is not human….GOD IS SPIRIT

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 03 2008,23:58)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 24 2008,17:42)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 24 2008,06:47)

Quote (Cato @ June 24 2008,06:04)
    Jesus came to show us the way we need to travel ourselves not take the journey for us.

Cato,
    Something to consider if you take the bible at it's word or as a useful inspired offering:

Hebrews 2:10, 11

In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family.

So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.

*It was necessary for him to take the journey for us*
    Mandy

Nice post Mandy,
    I agree with you that God has chosen a person like you and me through whom God can show His love and mercy towards these weak vessels. By glorifying this Jesus God has given us the  hope of glorious future in him.
    Love to you
    Adam

Greetings Adam…..”Weak Vessels”….G i like to consider this a forum where the exchange of beliefs as well as percieved beliefs are the subject for discussion in the interests of teaching and learning….For one who, as I see it, is in spiritual diapers,he should not be making judgement calls on others,instead,contribute your thoughts to the forum in the form of discourse…..

So when you started this judgment without even once addressed me?

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 03 2008,19:04)
    Greetings Sultan……God is timeless,limitless and most of all PERFECT in every way…..Every one of the frailties you cited to prove God is limited only support the fact that we are limited…They are all human weaknesses and God is not human….GOD IS SPIRIT

All that I listed are not just human frailties. Satan is the father of lies and he is not human.

God is limited by His own Holiness. If we are Holy there are limits. God cannot sin. That is a limit. I am not going beyond the scriptures in what I am saying. I am simply saying what the Bible says. I am in no way contradicting other parts of the Bible to make my point. I am simply saying what I am saying. If God can lie or sin then please correct me. If he cannot is it a limit or not? If it is not I am open to be corrected.

Cato
    Participant

Sultan,
    You attempt to limit God by implying that he is restricted to a particulat behavior based on human perceptions of morality.  God is beyond such.  Your two examples that God is limited because he cannot sin and must be holy do not make sense and here is why:

Sin, by definition, is a transgression against God, God is therefore incapable of sin not because he is limited but because he perfect, perfection can not be cross purpose with itself.

Holy, by definition, means belonging to or derived from or associated with a divine power.
    Being Divine, God can not be other then Holy, this is not a limit but a definition.

gollamudi
    Participant

Wonderful way to nullify this another misconception of God is limited by human wisdom.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi all,
    Any thoughts on “how Jesus is not God?”

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi all,

1 John 5:20 declares Jesus as God. “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. “
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gs,
    Then who is the greater God of Jesus?[Jn19.17]

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (gsilva72 @ July 25 2008,12:54)
    Hi all,

1 John 5:20 declares Jesus as God. “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. “

Hi Gsilva,
    The verse 1 Jn 5 refers to Father the only true God not Jesus who came to reveal that true God to us. Please see Jesus' own words in Jn 17:3

“Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ”

Now we can not make Jesus a lier by saying he is that true God or there can be another true God himself.

Please take care
    Adam

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Gm and Nh,

Colossians 2:10 says he is the “head of all principality and power.” Notice not some, but all principality and power. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GS,
    He is indeed the prince of princes.
    Romans 8:38
    For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

He is the King of kings
    He is Lord of lords

But he is under God.

1Cor15
    24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes brother Gsilva all authority and power has been given to our Lord Jesus by our and his Father God.
    Please see Matt 28:18
    18 “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth”

Also see 1 Cori 15:27-28

27 “All things are put under him; undoubtedly, he is excepted, who put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then the Son also himself shall be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all”.

I think your doubts will be cleared by these two scriptures that God is the one who has put every thing under the control of Jesus but not Himself and Jesus is subjected to his God and Father.

Peace to you
    Adam

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Gm and Nh

I agree, the man Christ Jesus is not the Father. John 4:24 declares that “God is a Spirit” The name of that eternal Spirit is Jesus. That name wasn't revealed until the New testament through his Son. Now we have to believe in one Lord. Ephesians 4:6 says that there is one Lord. 2 Corinthians says ” Now the Lord is that Spirit….” If God is a Spirit and there is only one Lord and the Lord is that Spirit, both Stephen and Saul declared that name. In Acts 9:5 Saul declares Jesus as the Lord. “Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest:….” In Acts 7:59 Stephen declares Jesus as that name” And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus,… This is how Jesus is God. That is the name of the eternal Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gs,
    Wht Jesus did say is that he is the Son of God.
    God Himself spoke several times to confirm this fact.

Jesus Christ is our Lord but His God is also our God.

Jn20
    17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

1Cor8
    6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

The Lord Jesus is the Spirit, one forever since the Jordan with God in that Spirit and now they are with us, just as we are one with him and God and each other, in that One Spirit..

Jn14
    18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Nh,
    Quote “The Lord Jesus is the Spirit, one forever since the Jordan with God in that Spirit and now they are with us, just as we are one with him and God and each other, in that One Spirit.. “

As you have said, The Lord Jesus is the Spirit. Now if God is a Spirit, and if the Lord is that Spirit, then how can one not come up with the conclusion that Jesus is not the name of that eternal Spirit? I believe in one God, and his name is Jesus. If I'm wrong, help me understand your point of view. Do you hold the position that Jesus was a mere man? We cannot hold that position, because a mere man cannot save us, and therefore is heresay, because we are then putting our trust in just a man and not in God.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 673 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account