How is Jesus not God?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 673 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    So this is the WORD that was God and with our God in the beginning,
    who was made flesh and dwelt among us?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (gsilva72 @ June 01 2008,16:00)
    Mandy,

The scripture does say all things were made by him. John 1:3:)

By = through

When God says he was ALONE, and laid the foundations and marked out boundries by HIS OWN HAND.  I am left to assume he was by himself in creation.  I start my interpretation of other scriptures from there.

Thanks,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    But the sons of God witnessed the laying of earth's foundations.
    Are you a unique direct creation of God Himself
    Or was the grace through Adam and Eve?
    Job38

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Is anything in creation not ultimately from the hand of God?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,07:58)
    Hi not3,
    But the sons of God witnessed the laying of earth's foundations.
    Are you a unique direct creation of God Himself
    Or was the grace through Adam and Eve?
    Job38

They may have witnessed it, I don't know. But they certainly didn't HELP with the laying of the foundation. God said he was ALONE in completing that job.

My family may be present with me, but I can ALONE wallpaper a room by my OWN HAND. So, angels may have been present and a host of others, but God created alone as scripture states.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,07:59)
    Hi not3,
    Is anything in creation not ultimately from the hand of God?

Your point?

You think God was speaking in general terms when he said he alone laid the foundations and marked out boundries? :laugh: Sorry, I had to chuckle at that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    So God had to make everything Himself while his created sons sat and watched
    despite the fact that He is God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Did God create all the trees and plants and animals that you can see?
    When?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,08:23)
    Hi not3,
    So God had to make everything Himself while his created sons sat and watched
    despite the fact that He is God?

I tend to think that is why he is God, don't you?

He does the Creating.

My husband owns a company. He would not let a hourly employee decide where to invest his money, for instance.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    What our God has shown in His creation is that He begins creation and sets it free to reproduce.
    He is the builder of all things and all comes ultimately from Him.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,08:28)
    Hi not3,
    What our God has shown in His creation is that He begins creation and sets it free to reproduce.
    He is the builder of all things and all comes ultimately from Him.

Christ is of God, and we are of Christ.
    :)

We will follow our brother (the new creation) into glory.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The sons of God surely are alike to God in their nature.
    Gen1
    26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 01 2008,17:08)

Quote (942767 @ June 01 2008,08:33)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 01 2008,08:06)

Quote (942767 @ June 01 2008,05:56)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,15:55)
    Hi 94,
    Day is only an aspect of worldly creation.
    The day of Jesus was his entering of that worldly creation.
    Abraham, alive in the place of the repose of the righteous, witnessed it.

Hi Nick:

My understanding is that Abraham saw Jesus' day by faith.  When Abraham was tested by God to offer Isaac, the angel of the Lord stopped him from going through with it, and God provided a ram for the sacrifice.  This is symoblic of God's sending Jesus to be the proptiation for our sins.

Hi 94,
    So Abraham is not included among those spoken of by Peter in his first letter Ch1?

“7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. “

Hi Nick:

Are you inquiring about a specific verse in these scriptures?

Hbr 11:8 ¶ By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
    Hbr 11:9  By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as [in] a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    Hbr 11:10  For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker [is] God.
    Hbr 11:11  Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
    Hbr 11:12  Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, [so many] as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
    Hbr 11:13 ¶ These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth

Hi 94,
    So Abraham had no knowledge but rather expectant faith?

Hi Nick:

He had the promises of God in which he trusted. If you are asking if he had specific knowledge about Jesus, no, I don't think so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So since he did not understand the future then his seeing the day of Jesus was real?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,09:54)
    Hi 94,
    So since he did not understand the future then his seeing the day of Jesus was real?

Hi Nick:

Because God had promised him(Abraham) that through Isaac his seed would be called and because God had promised him that his seed would be as the stars or as the sand of the seashore for the multitude, and that he would be the father of many nations, he saw the future by faith and so, althrough he did not have specific knowledge about Jesus, he saw his day through faith in God's promises.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,09:22)
    Hi not3,
    The sons of God surely are alike to God in their nature.
    Gen1
    26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I'm sure they are.

But…..

Hebrews 1

For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son…”.?

There is a difference.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Of course.

The second Adam came from among men having been sent from heaven.
    He is appointed now lord of all under God and head of the Church.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,11:29)
    The second Adam came from among men having been sent from heaven.

In my opinion, knowing your interpretation of this idea, the first part of your sentence is cancelled out by the second.

gsilva72
    Participant

Adam,

Thanks for the scripture (Ps 33:6)

Only problem is that John 1:3 goes on to say ” and without him nothing was made that was made.”  ???

Not3in1
    Participant

…..nothing was made that was made….

And how do you interpret this alongside of the fact that God said he was ALONE?

Here we go around the mullberry bush, the mullberry bush…….

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 673 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account