How god speaks to us today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    georg
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 09 2009,15:31)
    I've been thinking about this verse lately:

Heb 1:1-2
    God's Final Word in His Son 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
    2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
    NASU

Acts 2:17-18
    17 'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
    18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy.
    NASU

Gal 4:6
    6 Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
    NASU

So, now days, God speaks to us “in His Son”, not Mohammed.  And what exactly does that mean?  In the Gal 4:6 verse, we have the spirit of God's Son in our hearts which calls God our “Abba! Father!”  Note that the sprit of God's Son does not call God “Allah, guardian” for instance.

Just thinking about this…what do other's think?
    Kathi

Kathi

Hbr 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hbr 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Today, God speaks to us through his word, the bible.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Georg

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 10 2009,18:27)
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves“. Matt 7:15

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
    1 John 5:1-3

ALL MUSLIMS BELIEVE JESUS is CHRIST but lets see what you mean here:

Matthew 24:23-25 (King James Version)

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

Mark 13:21-23 (King James Version)

21And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

22For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

23But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

1 John 4:1-3 (King James Version)

1 John 4
    1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Muhammad had not been born yet but Paul was

Now I am not trying to be funny but can you tell me of one Muslim that does not believe that JESUS Christ is come in the flesh? But some here believe that God has come in the flesh

but just to argue a point here didn't Paul say “Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there”

Didn't Paul show signs and wonders

Acts 28:3-6 (King James Version)

3And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

4And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.

5And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm.

6Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

Now, I am not saying Paul is definitely a false prophet but I am saying that he would qualify well before Muhammad.

He was alive at the time of Christ but never met Christ, He was a persecutor of the Gospel of Christ he even states:

For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
    Romans 9:2-4

Now today you believe Jesus is God and that God is 3 in 1

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    If you believed Jesus is the anointed one of God your would not offer to improve on his teachings.
    He was given the fullness of the Spirit but you claim to be greater than his God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 10 2009,17:17)
    bodhitharta,

I apologize for the behavior of some in here, not all of us resort to bashing.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Psalm 72:17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and [men] shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

Thank you,

I love the fact that they are believes in God, I find it odd that some will say who are believers and who are non-believers.

I have told some it would be more accurate and Godly to say that they believe and understand some things differently regarding God but to out right assume someone cannot believe in God because they disagree with your view is corrupt thinking.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2009,07:01)
    Hi BD,
    If you believed Jesus is the anointed one of God your would not offer to improve on his teachings.
    He was given the fullness of the Spirit but you claim to be greater than his God?

For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
    Luke 22:26-28

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
    John 14:11-13

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Jesus will indeed even serve the guests at the wedding feast.
    But you cannot correct or speak beyond his words as they are from God.
    That is how false teachers are found, by their willingness to go beyond what is spoken in scripture.

Quote (georg @ Nov. 10 2009,07:16)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 10 2009,18:35)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 10 2009,18:23)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 09 2009,22:56)
    Hi CON,
    Should we be nice and agree that God speaks through a new prophet called Muhammed for the sake of being nice?

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

Hi CON,
    The other sheep are found in the judgement, much to their surprise, by their mercy to the brothers.[Mt25]

Blessed are the merciful…

To ?

The other sheep, Gentiles, were brought in when the 70 weeks were up, read the entire chapter 10 of Acts.

Georg

So, no more Gentiles are being brought in?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2009,07:21)
    Hi BD,
    Jesus will indeed even serve the guests at the wedding feast.
    But you cannot correct or speak beyond his words as they are from God.
    That is how false teachers are found, by their willingness to go beyond what is spoken in scripture.

Didn't Paul do that? His teachings were in conflict with the only scriptues he had at the time and he didn't teach only what Jesus taught

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Christ was in him.[Gal]

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2009,14:16)
    Hi BD,
    Christ was in him.[Gal]

Why is it that Jesus did not explain that to Peter? Why was there a conflict?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    All were children being guided towards wisdom.
    Peter came to accept the godly wisdom of Paul and supported it.
    2 Peter 3.14f

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2009,15:01)
    Hi BD,
    All were children being guided towards wisdom.
    Peter came to accept the godly wisdom of Paul and supported it.
    2 Peter 3.14f

Why didn't Christ go to Peter and tell him he was going to appear to Paul? After all Jesus did give peter the keys and left him to be responsible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Would you like to be God?
    God's ways are not ours and He chose their great enemy to be their example.

Jesus still has the keys [rev 3,9,20] and he was simply acknowledging Peter as being the first of the living stones[1peter2] to be laid in the temple[Eph2], the new Jerusalem[rev21].
    Anyone joined to Jesus becomes in him a priest and ruler who shares his authority and work.

Peter was given the role of shepherd and thus servant of the other disciples but others were given different roles

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 11 2009,16:51)
    Hi BD,

Jesus still has the keys [rev 3,9,20] and he was simply acknowledging Peter as being the first of the living stones[1peter2] to be laid in the temple[Eph2], the new Jerusalem[rev21].
    Anyone joined to Jesus becomes in him a priest and ruler who shares his authority and work.

Peter was given the role of shepherd and thus servant of the other disciples but others were given different roles

So Peter had to take the word of Paul? Jesus never came to Peter and said “trust Paul”?

rancherforChrist
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 08 2009,20:31)
    I've been thinking about this verse lately:

Heb 1:1-2
    God's Final Word in His Son 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
    2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
    NASU

Acts 2:17-18
    17 'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
    18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy.
    NASU

Gal 4:6
    6 Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
    NASU

So, now days, God speaks to us “in His Son”, not Mohammed.  And what exactly does that mean?  In the Gal 4:6 verse, we have the spirit of God's Son in our hearts which calls God our “Abba! Father!”  Note that the sprit of God's Son does not call God “Allah, guardian” for instance.

Just thinking about this…what do other's think?
    Kathi

Hello again Kathi,

This topic that you have embraced, about God speaking to His people, is one of my favorite topics. I want to state up front, for everyone's benefit, that I do not claim to fully understand the workings, the ways or the voice of God all the time.

With that said, It seems that there is plenty of scripture that gives evidence that all three, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, can and will speak to us. There is also plenty of scriptural evidence that the Son and the Holy Spirit speak to the Father on our behalf, and that we can pray to the Father in the name of Jesus.

Please understand that I am not trying to prove anything to anyone. If someone were to ask me if I could prove to them that Jesus is real, that He's the Son of God, that He died and rose again. I would have to say no. I can offer plenty of scriptural evidence of His existence and His truths, and I can offer plenty of evidence that His Spirit lives and works in and through me. However, I believe there is no reason to try to offer someone proof. My walk With Jesus is a walk of faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. If there was proof, then why would faith be required. I personally am grateful that I can't offer them proof. To me that would be like offering someone a way to enter God's kingdom by some means other than the gate.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get off on a rabbit trail, I just wanted to explain that.

Now, as for hearing God and how He speaks to us. I'd like to share how I have experienced God speaking to me. As far as I can tell, I have not heard the audible (audible with my natural ear) voice of God yet. However, I'm certainly not going to rule out that possibility. I do hear Him with my spiritual ear though. I have conversations with the Lord daily, even all day every day at times. Then there are times when He and I don't talk much, not because I'm mad at Him or because He's mad at me. God talks to me through His written word. He talks to me through other people. He talks to me through things I watch and things I read. The bible says that God's Spirit is in and though all things. That pretty much leaves a humongous open door for Him to be able to talk to me through whatever means He chooses. I said that because I believe there are at least three voices of God. I know this part will probably be very controversial, but nevertheless, He has proved it to me in my life and He has lead me to evidence in the scripture of the things that He tells me.

I have had the Father talk to me. I have had Jesus talk to me. I have also had the Holy Spirit talk to me. There is certainly scriptural evidence that all three have a voice and that all three can talk to us. I could post some of those scriptures here, but I thought I would wait and see what your thoughts are on this first Kathi. I know that this will possibly provoke much discussion, but that's ok. I'm just going to take my time with this, and respond to the discussion as the Lord leads me.

Have a great evening in the Lord.

Love ya,
    Chris

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 12 2009,13:03)

Hi BD,

So Peter had to take the word of Paul? Jesus never came to Peter and said “trust Paul”?

Hi BD,
    The body of Christ is united in the Spirit of God.
    Christ the Lord was in them all.
    One

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 12 2009,17:08)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 12 2009,13:03)

Hi BD,

Hi BD,
    The body of Christ is united in the Spirit of God.
    Christ the Lord was in them all.
    One

Then why did Peter doubt Paul?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Why should he not?
    The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God but both had to learn the ropes.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 13 2009,09:27)
    Hi BD,
    Why should he not?
    The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God but both had to learn the ropes.

So that explanation would also mean regarding Islam you may have to learn the ropes as well, right?

Peter (like you regarding me) thought Paul was in error.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account