How Embarrassing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ April 06 2012,08:57)

Quote (Porterman @ April 05 2012,02:16)
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Morals is something that happens at a higher level of species. What encouraged the SURVIVAL ENZYMES to develop 'Morals' in the first place – What about the 'SELFISH GENE'?

Is there a constructive design process already taking shaping – are we creating the process by saying 'What If” and then designing a solution.

Naturally, being above the ENZYME level we can see what will happen in the beginning, and the middle and the end (oh, doesn't that seem like 'A God').

Who takes the good behaviour genes and encourages them and destroys the bad behaviour genes. Who adds in an unknown component that the SELFISH gene would NEVER have added in as it appears in the shortsight that it is working against it?

But listen up: Does the Enzyme know that it is US that is designing its future? No, it think its doing it itself.

I am afraid that your questions don't make much sense.  Enzymes don't “think”.  Enzymes aren't “alive” in the sense that we would use the word.  They are simply part of the building blocks for life.

If what you are really trying to ask is how did these enzymes develop in such a way as to advance life, you are asking a very technical question that should properly be addressed to a biologist.

If you are asking how it is, in general, that evolution progressed from tiny, simple organisms to the complexity of life that we have today, try here for starters.

There can only be one out come for them – annihilation of all LIFE  but especially that of the intelligent human race – and ultimately the universe – and for what – nothing.

When – several multi-billion years in the future when the Sun explodes (or collapses).

“oh well, just time for another cup of Tea!”

It came – it existed – and it went

Consider the story of two men.

One man, a slave, gets up every morning to do his masters bidding.  Before he eats his own breakfast, he must fetch his masters breakfast and bow down before his master when he serves it to him.  All throughout the day, he must do exactly as his master asks, or he will be punished.  If he gets too out of line, the master will chain him up in the basement of the house leaving him to starve to death.  As long as he does what he is told and pays unceasing respect to the master his life will go well.  This slave man lives this way for thousands of years.

The other man, a free man, gets up every morning and decides what he will do for the day.  He is not always successful at things he tries, but some days he truly amazes himself by what he is able to accomplish.  He travels to strange lands, learns new things, and even manages to create some masterful works of art.  One day, as he is trying to climb a very steep mountain, he stumbles and falls to his death.  He only lives to be forty years old.

Which of these two men would you want to be?

You say that being on this earth a few short years is worth “nothing”, and that the only thing that gives life meaning is an eternity with god.  (The latter is implied by what you stated.)  Yet, the god you think gives meaning to our existence is exactly like the master of the slave.  He explicitly says that all of “creation” is meant to serve his glory, and is to worship him.  He demands absolute obedience, or he will punish you eternally.  (Paul talks explicitly about being a slave to Christ in his letters to other Christians.)  You may think that this gives meaning to your life, but it is quite the opposite.  You're like the slave in the first story.  You may live on and on, according to your beliefs, but what kind of life will it be?

In my opinion, a man who truly lives for forty years has a far better existence than a slave who exists for thousands, but you may believe otherwise.

Wt

The story of the two man is not complete, but the slave has the better deal,the other is a idiot,he waisted his live by exposing it to die early,

Slavery is only a mental state of mind,so is freedom

We all are in some way slaves and freeman ,but there is no true freedom until you know yor creator,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 06 2012,20:53)

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2012,13:07)
    What preceded the Big Bang

What do you mean preceded?  Do you mean to ask what happened earlier in time?

Stuart

Talking about what caused space time.
    It either had a beginning or it has always been.

Beginnings have a cause.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2012,18:29)
    Beginnings have a cause.

Says who? You?

Define cause for us, then explain how a cause of time could be possible.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 06 2012,18:20)

Quote (Ed J @ April 06 2012,18:07)
    Hi Stuart,

1. What exploded as a 'big bang'?
    2. What energy caused this explosion?

You can start with these two questions; OK?

God bless
    Ed J

Space-time inflated.  It's not really an explosion.

The word “caused” isn't helpful because it implies “went before” but time only starts at the big bang, so there is no such thing as “before the big bang”.

The matter / energy we see today is borrowed gravitational energy from the expansion of that inflating universe.  If the universe reversed its expansion and began to contract, eventually all that matter / energy would be paid back.  

The problem with what t8 says is that he won't say what he means by nothing (it's not an easy question) and he doesn't understand the true nature of “something”.  The somethings we see around us, including the atoms that make up our own bodies, are a kind of bank loan from the expanded universe.  We are made of expanded space-time.

In other words, t8's platitudinous uses of “nothing” and “god” don't even scratch the surface of the question of why there is a universe.

Does that help?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Sounds more like double talk based on speculation.    do you call that Science?
    I'll give you a comparative example, in case you don't quite understand what I mean:

Linear time is moving forward, because it needed room to expand. With the borrowed
    time in this expansion, we have both time and space to exist in and to evolve from.

Does this help?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 06 2012,18:38)

Hi Stuart,

God bless
    Ed J

The word “caused” isn't helpful because it implies “went before” but time only starts at the big bang, so there is no such thing as “before the big bang”.

The matter / energy we see today is borrowed gravitational energy from the expansion of that inflating universe.  If the universe reversed its expansion and began to contract, eventually all that matter / energy would be paid back.  

The problem with what t8 says is that he won't say what he means by nothing (it's not an easy question) and he doesn't understand the true nature of “something”.  The somethings we see around us, including the atoms that make up our own bodies, are a kind of bank loan from the expanded universe.  We are made of expanded space-time.

In other words, t8's platitudinous uses of “nothing” and “god” don't even scratch the surface of the question of why there is a universe.

Does that help?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I'll give you a comparative example, in case you don't quite understand what I mean:

Linear time is moving forward, because it needed room to expand. With the borrowed
    time in this expansion, we have both time and space to exist in and to evolve from.

Does this help?

God bless

It won't help anyone.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 06 2012,18:24)
    The story of the two man is not complete, but the slave has the better deal,the other is a idiot,he waisted his live by exposing it to die early,

You could say the same of Jesus, couldn't you?

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 06 2012,18:44)

Quote (Ed J @ April 06 2012,18:38)

Hi Stuart,

God bless
    Ed J

Does that help?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Does this help?

God bless

It won't help anyone.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Neither will what you have said.

God bless

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 06 2012,18:46)
    Neither will what you have said.

Speak for yourself.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 06 2012,21:32)

Beginnings have a cause.

Says who?  You?

Stuart

What you are saying is that time and space came from nothing by denying a cause.
    You choose the nothing option.
    I choose the God option.

Finally a decision.

• t8 chooses God
  • Stu chooses Nothing
  • WIT chooses Eternal something that is not alive even though it produced life.

The nothing option equals nothing now which is not the case.
    The eternal something option produced a universe with what appears to be design, code, laws, and life yet does not possess these qualities itself.
    The God option says that the cause is alive, designed/programmed/created the universe using laws and we see evidence of his character and handiwork when we look at the universe.

So:

• Stu backs the wrong horse because if nothing is where it all supposedly came from, then there would be nothing now. Nothing produces nothing.
  • WIT backs the wrong horse because his Something/Universe/Thingy option has to be eternal otherwise it came from nothing itself, it produced life, design, and love, even though itself has none of these. So let's see, an eternal living creative, law giver is actually God is it not.

T8 backs the right horse because what caused everything is evident in creation itself.

“The fool has said in his heart there is no God”.
    Now if a fool says this to himself, what of a man who openly proclaims this folly?

I rest my case your honour.
    Thanks you.

Stu
Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2012,20:18)

Quote (Stu @ April 06 2012,21:32)

Beginnings have a cause.

Says who?  You?

Stuart

What you are saying is that time and space came from nothing by denying a cause.
You choose the nothing option.
I choose the God option.

Finally a decision.

• t8 chooses God
  • Stu chooses Nothing
  • WIT chooses Eternal something that is not alive even though it produced life.

The nothing option equals nothing now which is not the case.
    The eternal something option produced a universe with what appears to be design, code, laws, and life yet does not possess these qualities itself.
    The God option says that the cause is alive, designed/programmed/created the universe using laws and we see evidence of his character and handiwork when we look at the universe.

So:

• Stu backs the wrong horse because if nothing is where it all supposedly came from, then there would be nothing now. Nothing produces nothing.
  • WIT backs the wrong horse because his Something/Universe/Thingy option has to be eternal otherwise it came from nothing itself, it produced life, design, and love, even though itself has none of these. So let's see, an eternal living creative, law giver is actually God is it not.

T8 backs the right horse because what caused everything is evident in creation itself.

“The fool has said in his heart there is no God”.
    Now if a fool says this to himself, what of a man who openly proclaims this folly?

I rest my case your honour.
    Thanks you.

• What a load of moronic nonsense.

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

Does that help?

Stuart

IT helped me and
    I learned a new five sylable word.
    Plat i tud in ous. :D

Tim

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 06 2012,13:24)
    Wt

We all are in some way slaves and freeman ,but there is no true freedom until you know yor creator,

This explains why you find religion so comforting.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 07 2012,01:45)

Stuart

hi stu

from the two men what were crucified with Christ ,one changed his mind ,not the other ,

witch one would you like to be ???? and why ??

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

T8,

Before you rest your case, could you please address the questions that I brought up during cross-examination?

I wrote:

For most people, God is whatever we can't explain by any other means, which basically means that God is the personification of one's own ignorance.

Can you define God in a way that is actually specific and verifiable?  If not, what's the point.  How can you possibly know it's real?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ April 07 2012,10:26)

Quote (terraricca @ April 06 2012,13:24)
    Wt

This explains why you find religion so comforting.

wt

no,I have more respect for what I have ,and so try to make the best of it ,

it seems you do not care ??

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 07 2012,03:30)

Stuart

hi stu

from the two men what were crucified with Christ ,one changed his mind ,not the other ,

You are asking me which of two executed criminals I would rather be?

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 07 2012,01:47)

Does that help?

Stuart

IT helped me and
    Plat i tud in ous.  :D

Tim

Hi Tim,

Specifically how has Stuart's words helped you to learn anything,
    with the exception of learning about the word platitudinous?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 07 2012,14:36)

Quote (terraricca @ April 07 2012,03:30)

Stuart

hi stu

You are asking me which of two executed criminals I would rather be?

Stuart

Stu

YES.

princess
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2012,13:07)
    princess.

Ask yourself how the universe came about. (What preceded the Big Bang).

1) God
    2) Something non-living but eternal
    3) Nothing

Now once you have given reasonable consideration on these possibilities, then rule out God when you can answer me which point is the answer besides God, i.e., 2) or 3). And explain.

Otherwise your statements are void of understanding. This is my guess on your statement but please prove me wrong. I will be waiting for your response as to what the option is considering that man created God and thus doesn't exist.

Waiting now…

T8.
    Your drawing conclusions from your own thoughts and stereotyping. Which is quite narrow minded of you. What about I added a fourth choice and said I truly do not know the origin of the world. I can give you accounts from religion and science, however does anyone truly know, no they don't. So if anything your statement is void of understanding because you 'truly' don't know either, but you have 'chosen' to take on the God created it thought.

Hows the waiting going………..

princess
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 07 2012,08:36)

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 07 2012,01:47)

Does that help?

Stuart

IT helped me and
    Plat i tud in ous.  :D

Tim

Hi Tim,

Specifically how has Stuart's words helped you to learn anything,
    with the exception of learning about the word platitudinous?

God bless

Edj, are you afraid to learn new things? Even if it is a word.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 171 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account