How do we gain the holy spirit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi evah,
    Only 25 years.
    I use the gift often.

But fruit matters more.
    What about you?

eveh
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 31 2009,14:03)
    Hi evah,
    Only 25 years.
    I use the gift often.

But fruit matters more.
    What about you?

Not evah….it is Eve

The fruits of the spirit are not more important than receiving the Holy Ghost. However, if you do have the Holy Ghost, you will show forth fruits of the spirit. Most churches who forbid to speak with tongues, just love to preach on the fruits of the spirit and ignore the gifts of the spirit and especially ignore Chapter ten of the book of Acts. That is our first introduction to the Holy Spirit being given to the Gentiles. It should be the most important chapter in the bible for you. It is your salvation pattern. Just like that. Nothing less. If you did not receive the Holy Ghost in the same way they did, how can you be sure you have been saved? This is your pattern.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Eve,
    Rom 10 does not preach salvation to gentiles.

Read the context[Ch1] and you will see it is written to those who have gone into the kingdom and been equipped.

But instead of walking in the Spirit[Rom8, Gal5] they wanted to go back to Judaism just as the Galatians did.

All this is irrelevant to those outside of that law who are doomed to remain under the wrath of God [excepting His mercy] unless they obey the command of Peter at Pentecost.

eveh
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,16:43)
    Hi Eve,
    Rom 10 does not preach salvation to gentiles.

Read the context[Ch1] and you will see it is written to those who have gone into the kingdom and been equipped.

But instead of walking in the Spirit[Rom8, Gal5] they wanted to go back to Judaism just as the Galatians did.

All this is irrelevant to those outside of that law who are doomed to remain under the wrath of God [excepting His mercy] unless they obey the command of Peter at Pentecost.

All are under the law who are not under Grace. If you do not accept the gift that Jesus gave you when he died on that cross, then you are under the law. If you do not have his spirit, you are going to be judged by the law. And since no man can keep the law, you will not be saved. If you have not his spirit, you are none of his. You are either under the law or under Grace, whether you are Jew or Gentile.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Eve,
    Not so,
    The law applies to the Jews [Rom3.19.]
    Gentiles outside the Law perish [Rom2.12]

It has never been a fallback position to aim to please God through obedience to the Jewish Law.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is our only lifeline.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (eveh @ Sep. 01 2009,17:25)
    All are under the law who are not under Grace. If you do not accept the gift that Jesus gave you when he died on that cross, then you are under the law. If you do not have his spirit, you are going to be judged by the law. And since no man can keep the law, you will not be saved. If you have not his spirit, you are none of his. You are either under the law or under Grace, whether you are Jew or Gentile.

Jesus kept the law. I believe the law is part of the spirit. Obediance to God. I have felt the Holy Spirit, the Spirit has guided me and taught me and led me, when I trusted in the spirit. Whenever I put my trust instead in man, I would become lost. Also whenever I sinned  without true repentance I became lost.

I have NOT spoken in strange tounges, but I have felt God right in front of me, and I have been lifted up in ways I wont go into now. I have sat in silence, feeling Gods love and in that love there is no need for words because it is meaningless, it is of spirit and truth. Not words. As a highly anxious person God has calmed me down to such a point Iv never known before. God has healed me of illness. And others I prayed for from a distance through faith and conviction in my requests without them knowing.

I DONT believe that speaking in tounges is THE sign of salvation,  Definatly not!

The early church spoke in other languages, earthly languages understandable to others, it was an AMAZING gift, it helped them speak Gods word to other countries and the Spirit talked through them as a witness to all the nations.

Peace and love

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi EVE,
    Jesus was a Jew under the Law.

He fulfilled it perfectly and found clean and then filled with God's Spirit at the Jordan.
    We can be joined with him and inherit with him what was promised to Abraham.
    The same Spirit is still promised to all whom the Lord God calls[Acts 2.39]

The same gifts and fruit are accessible in Jesus[2Peter1]
    Become reborn into the Son [Acts 2.38]and ask your new Dad for the Spirit[Lk11.13]

All that comes from God is good[Jas1] but we limit our blessings by not seeking and asking[Jas 4.2]

Anonymous
    Inactive

scripture qoutes; some will be gifted with speaking in tongues, we dont all have to be. And if you have not received Jesus as your personal Saviour, than you cannot have the Holy Spirit. And if you dont have the Holy spirit you are not saved.Nick, why would God only offer for some people to go to heaven and not all. Bible says for ALL!!He doesnt want to leave one. why would you want to follow His word if it wasnt for you? You need to study the King James BY ITS SELF, and you are going to get a whole different look on Gods word. And if you havent received the Holy Spirit, im telling you, you dont know what your missing!

Anonymous
    Inactive

NICK- Is Jesus Lord to you? Acts 2;38 you need to finish out the scripture because it says after you repent you SHALL receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(3) promise is to you,your children and all that are far off,even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Acts 2:21 AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS, THAT (WHOSOEVER, THATS ANYONE)SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD, SHALL BE SAVED!

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ May 25 2009,22:01)

Quote (Cindy @ May 25 2009,12:39)
    Texas

Again, you have no clue of what you're speaking off.
    Jesus in control of God's Holy Spirit? give me a brake.
    The Holy Spirit is God's mind, no one is in control of that but God himself.
    The reason Jesus had to ascend to heaven first, before the Holy Spirit was send was; had God, for whatever reason, not excepted his sacrifice for our sins, there would have been no Holy Spirit send.
    It is our faith in Jesus Christ, and excepting “his” sacrifice for our sins, that cleanses us from our sins, and makes it possible for God to give us his Holy Spirit, if we ask God for it, not Jesus.
    How impressive, all those scriptures, if they had anything to do with it.
    Man, oh man, what are you on?
    Is that the reason you call yourself Texas, because your “ego” is the size of that state?
    And you dare insult others?

Georg

Irene!
    I guess you'll just have to  argue this one out with the Apostle Peter, who told us: “Therefore because he was {Jesus} exalted to the right hand of God and RECEIVED THE PROMISED HOLY SPIRIT FROM THE FATHER HE HAS POURED OUT THIS WHICH YOU SEE AND HEAR.” {Acts 2:33} And with that Irene, don't forget what Jesus himself told you at Matthew 28:18 “All AUTHORIY HAS BEEN GIVEN ME, IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH,” So, You'd best argue this  one out with Jehovah himself, because he was the one who gave Jesus this ALL AUTHORITY. My, you just don't get it do you? I think my article explained to you, why you don't. The reason, is, Jehovah has not, as yet drawn you to his Son. So, up to this point, at least, you're out of luck! Texas!

You have to work that out with Georg not Irene, it is He who made that post. Pay attention to the Signature.I usally sign with
    Peace and Love Irene

Quote (Texas @ May 24 2009,19:30)
    How do we gain the Holy Spirit? What ARE the steps?

Most Bible students are aware of the account in Acts 2:1-47 that speaks about the Holy Spirit being poured out at the festival of Pentecost. Just how, and why, did that come about? In verse 33 of this account, we learn this: “Therefore because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised Holy Spirit from the Father, he has poured out this which you see and hear.” So, then, Jesus is the source of our gaining the Holy Spirit today! He was put in control of the Holy Spirit, and he is the only one, that can assure us that we can possess that Holy Spirit,to gain knowledge of his Fathers Holy word. The answer to how, that was done, was because, Jesus at his acsension was exalted to the right hand of his Father, and his Father put him in control of the Holy Spirit. That is the answer to both how, and why that was done.

Now, since we must gain access to the Son, to gain that Holy Spirit in what way are we allowed to do that?. We should remember too, what Jesus stated at John 14:6 – which was: “I am the way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father, but BY ME.” Fine, that much is established. How, though, do we gain access to the Son in the first place? The Apostle John will explain just how that is done. “No man can come to ME UNLESS THE FATHER, WHO SENT ME, DRAWS HIM.” {John 6:44} So, then. there is the only possible way to gain approach to the Son, should we be desirous of gaining the Holy Spirit! There is simply no other way, than that! Our problem now, is, just how do we get Jehovah to draw us to his Son? Was we, not to be able to accomplish that, we would really be lost! There would be no possible way to gain the knowledge that we so desperately need, that would put us on the road to everlasting life. Happily, Jehovah has arranged, the way, for all of us, to do that.

Isaiah Foretold the spiritual condition that would exist on our earth, when the Christ first arrived in Kingdom power, for he tells us, this:  
    Isaiah 60:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)
    A Glorified Zion
    1″Arise, shine; for your light has come,
    And the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
    2″For behold, darkness will cover the earth
    And deep darkness the peoples;
    But the LORD will rise upon you {The Christ}
    And His glory will appear upon you.
    3″Nations will come to your light,
    And kings to the brightness of your rising.  The Christ himself agreed with this spiritually blind condition, for in the composite sign of his invisible presence, he foretold the prevalence of false-prophets that would be on our earth, at this time period. The very cause of this spirtual blindness. One need only to read through, Matthew 24-Mark 13-Luke 21 to substantiate that claim.

This would be the time period, for the weeds oversowed among the wheat, to be at full bloom, and the great apostasy would be in full evidence. {Matthew 13:24-30-36-43} {2 Thessalonians 2:3}

This, though, would also be the time period for knowledge to become abundant, as foretold by the Prophet Daniel. Also, the time period, when individuals would be imparting knowledge to the many. Daniel pointed out, that none of the wicked ones would understand, that only the ones having insight, would gain this life-saving knowledge.
    Daniel 12:4
    4″But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.”
    NASB)
    Daniel 12:10
    10 “Many will be purged, purified and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.” Why is it, that the wicked do not understand? — Note the following –
    Psalm 10:4 (New American Standard Bible)
    4The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, does not seek Him
    All his thoughts are, “There is no God.” So, quite naturally, these ones, will never be drawn by Jehovah, to his Son. They are, eternally lost! Their own choice though! No one to blame, but themselves. It is especially worth noting here, how very important it is to remain humble at all times, before Jehovah.

As the Apostle Peter, noted: “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.” {1 Peter 5:5,6}

New American Standard Bible (NASB) Daniel 12:3
    3″Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.

(NASB)
    Daniel 11:33 (New American Standard Bible)
    33″Those who have insight among the people will give understanding to the many; yet they will fall by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder for many days.  Now, how was it, that these ones having insight was able to gain this knowledge that they obviously had? In the following way:
    Jeremiah 29:13 (New American Standard Bible)
    13'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.  How, would Jehovah know for certain, that these ones was sincere in there search for him? In the following ways:

1 Chronicles 28:9 (New American Standard Bible)
    9 “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.” So, from this, we see, that there is no fooling Jehovah! He knows the hearts and minds, and motives, of all of those truly seeking him. He knows the thoughts and intentions of our hearts, as he knew King Solomons.

2 Chronicles 15:2 (New American Standard Bible)
    2…' the LORD is with you when you are with Him And if you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you.

From all of this, we see, that, a heartfelt search for Jehovah is needed, in order to get him to draw us to his Son! As shown, it is possible to do! Have no doubt about that! What occured in the case of the Prophet Daniel, will occur for us, if we are searching hard enough. Note the following:
    Daniel 9:22 (New American Standard Bible)
    22 He gave me instruction and talked with me and said, “O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding. ” So, armed with that Daniel would be able to gain all of the knowledge he needed for his time period. Having said that, there was things that Daniel himself didn't understand, for he said so, himself.

“Now as for me, I heard, but I could not understand; so that I said: O my Lord, what will be the final part of these things?” {NWT} Daniel 12:8 It wasn't for Daniel to understand those things as yet, because it wasn't the time for it, as the next verse in Daniel brings out: “And he went on to say: Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of the end.” Where we happen to be standing at this present moment in time. To, us, now, Daniel is not a sealed Book! We are in the time of the end!
    New American Standard Bible (NASB) Daniel 12:9
    9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for these words are concealed and sealed up until the end time.”  (NASB)

So, there you have it, Georg, Irene! I answerd the question I asked you to answer. Could you both have done that? Just curious, that's all! I haven't looked! Maybe you have already! If that's true, that will prove to be very interesting to me. Texas!

Hi Texas

What about Paul on the road to Damascus, was he seeking?

God interupted my life and miraculously pulled me out of darkness!

Salvation i
    s a gift and cannot be earned by seeking?

We loved him because he first loved us!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You are still preaching darkness so what do you mean?

Anonymous
    Inactive

thinker- its sure odd how so many christians fill the Holy Spirit if it wasnt meant for all!! All who repent and ask Jesus into the heart. Gods word is not just for some, it is for all who except Him. You were down right RUDE to Cindy and George. Thats the flesh talking that dont have the Holy Spirit. You can sure tell who is a Christian by how they treat others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Where did Jesus teach we are saved by asking him into our hearts?

It is just another modern myth.
    Listen to Peter at Pentecost.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (eveh @ Aug. 31 2009,11:18)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 30 2009,19:15)
    Hi EV,
    I agree 2Cor 13.1 is the way to find truth.
    Keep walking in the Spirit.

You don't believe everyone should speak in tongues when you receive the Holy Ghost do you Nick? You are only familiar with the Gift of tongues and not the unknown tongue that Paul speaks of.
    Speaking in tongues is referred to in the NT 37 times. It might be good to learn the difference between the unknown tongue which edifies us and the Gift of tongues which edifies the church. There are two different tongues. You should be speaking in the unknown if you have the Holy Ghost within you. Read the last part of Acts Chapter ten about the first Gentile converts. How did they know they had received the Holy Ghost?  Look that scripture up and tell me what it says.

This is the most redicoulous thing that I have ever heard. To make statements like that, is certainly judging others, and that my friend God is opposed to. To speak in tongues you are suppose to have a translator with you. You know what if that would be so, allot of people will go to hell. There is no hell, hell is a hole in the ground. Jesus went to hell 3 days and 3 nights. He went into the grave. However there is a Lake of Fire and all those that cannot follow God will go there. God said that He send His only begotten Son into the World to save the World and not that any should perish. God loved the World so much, that through Jesus we will live. And salvation is a free gift from God by Faith. Jesus is our Mediator between God and us. Now we can speak to our Heavenly Father through Christ. I hope and pray that you will read more of the Bible and really understand what it is to have Salvation, by Faith. Stop being judgemental.
    Peace and Love Irene

Anonymous
    Inactive

john 4:4 I am the way and the truth and the life no one comes to the father except threw me. Romans 10:9-11 if you confess with your mouth: JESUS IS LORD and believe in your HEART that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For it is with your Heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. Anyone who trust in Him will never be put to shame. Rev. 3:20 I stand at the door and knock.(Thats your heart) If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, nd he with Me.

karmarie
    Participant

Irene Amen to that, all I have read about in the bible is the speaking of tounges as in another language with a translater , I have been where everyone is speaking in strange tounges and I cant explain it really, my husband when we were younger went to a church where it was taught you only had the spirit if you spoke in tounges, (AOG) so I have seen him out of church, drunk and smoking marujuana and full of hate and anger showing me how he can speak in tounges! Just like he did in church,

Can anyone tell me where in the bible it describes speaking an unearthly language and all together in a meeting where there is not an interpretor?

Thanks,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Romans is written to the saved who needed encouragement to let the Spirit they had received lead them.

It is not a new way for gentiles.

karmarie
    Participant

And also they had to ask Jesus how to pray,

And Jesus told them how. And it was the our Father, in a wordly language.???

Anonymous
    Inactive

John 10:9 I am the door;by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out and find pasture.(28) and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. Im also waiting on you answer Nick.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account