How could Christ have the possibility of failure?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 341 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    But we live in a world like the Athens Paul encountered. Idol worshipers dominate life and those of a christian based religious persuasion are given to believe we worship a God of Confusion.

Acts 17
    ” 16Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

17Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

18Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

19And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

20For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.

21(For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)”

But God rescued a few from that idolatrous city.

God's word does not return to Him without producing fruit.

“33So Paul departed from among them.

34Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.”

Hi W,
    How successful would Paul have been if he had had to preach a trinity God? Especially the more modern variants where there is an economic and is it an ontological trinity?

Fortunately it was not the gospel he was given and come to think of it it is not the one we should preach either. Life is so much simpler without the burden of trying to sell it's innate confusion when you are trying to bring people back to the loving arms of God.

All we have to do is what Paul did. Preach faith in the Son of God and baptise men in the name of the one who is the mediator between men and God. He left the philosophy to the greeks and let the dead bury the dead.

NH

But its the only one that makes sence using all scriptures!

ICor 2:1] And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
    [2] For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
    [3] And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
    [4] And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
    [5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
    :)

Hi,
    But we live in a world like the Athens Paul encountered. Idol worshipers dominate life and those of a christian based religious persuasion are given to believe we worship a God of Confusion.

NH

I agree, so why do you serve two Gods!

Hi,

NH

Of course 3 Gods if you follow the Holy Spirits leading!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2006,06:39)

Hi,

NH

Hi w,
    Only you speak of two deities.
    For us there is one God
    and one Lord

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2006,06:41)

Hi,

NH

Of course 3 Gods if you follow the Holy Spirits leading!

Hi w,
    Three deities now?

Why not follow Jesus and worship God the Father?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2006,06:37)

Hi W,
    How successful would Paul have been if he had had to preach a trinity God? Especially the more modern variants where there is an economic and is it an ontological trinity?

Fortunately it was not the gospel he was given and come to think of it it is not the one we should preach either. Life is so much simpler without the burden of trying to sell it's innate confusion when you are trying to bring people back to the loving arms of God.

All we have to do is what Paul did. Preach faith in the Son of God and baptise men in the name of the one who is the mediator between men and God. He left the philosophy to the greeks and let the dead bury the dead.

NH

But its the only one that makes sence using all scriptures!

ICor 2:1] And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
    [2] For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
    [3] And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
    [4] And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
    [5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Hi W,
    Does the gospel of trinity have power? Has anyone ever been healed or set free by praying to a trinity?
    One writer to this forum said that when you pray to the trinity you never know which person will answer the prayer-it is like going to a business and you deal with the partner who is free.
    So much for truth.
    Take a step off that path and you end up in the swamps of folly..

Hi w,
    Three deities now?

Why not follow Jesus and worship God the Father?

NH

You missed my point again!

I didnt say that we follow 3 Gods. I said you are.

Listen Ill qoute it again.

NH

NH

Of course 3 (you would be following 3 Gods) if you follow the Holy Spirits leading!

Spelled out.

God the Father, Greater God – Jesus the Son, lesser God – Holy Spirit of God.

You Follow and serve all three, Correct?

3] Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    [4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    [5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exd 34:14  For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name [is] Jealous, [is] a jealous God:

Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is **ONE LORD**:

5] And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    [6] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
    [7] And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    There is for us one God and we who are in His Son worship him with the help of His Spirit.

You need to focus on having one God the Father.

Build on that, not sand.

Jn 8.54
    54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

1Cor 8
    6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Let Jesus be your teacher.

Jn 4
    ” 19The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. “

Rom 8
    “26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

NH

The Problem is you say that the trinitarian perspective divides God.

But I believe that your perspective divides him. God The creater has always been plural and yet one.

Without slamming you with a bunch of scriptures You know there are many scriptures that support this.

And we can continue going in circles forever and get no where. This debate has been going on for at least 1700 years.

One thing is for sure…I Cor 13: 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
    [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away

Hi W,
    There is for us one God and we who are in His Son worship him with the help of His Spirit.

You need to focus on having one God the Father.

Build on that, not sand.

Jn 8.54
    54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

1Cor 8
    6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Let Jesus be your teacher.

Jn 4
    ” 19The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. “

Rom 8
    “26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

NH

You say this but do you believe Jesus is [a] God????

And by the way Nick why would God use something else other than he himself to help worship him????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “The Problem is you say that the trinitarian perspective divides God.”

No the trinity alters completely the nature of God

Jesus told us God was the Father.

That should be the end of all arguments.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2006,19:42)

And by the way Nick why would God use something else other than he himself to help worship him????

Hi W,
    The Lord is the Spirit.

The Spirit is not another person from the Lord God
    or under Him,
    the Lord Jesus
    and unites Father and Son as one with the sons of God for eternity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “You say this but do you believe Jesus is [a] God?”
    Jesus told us the Father is His God and our God.

Being himself called God in scripture does not make him his own Father or part of a committee God.

Hi w,
    You say
    “The Problem is you say that the trinitarian perspective divides God.”

No the trinity alters completely the nature of God

Jesus told us God was the Father.

That should be the end of all arguments.

NH Why do you selectively quote just part of my Post!

Here Ill post it for you!

NH

The Problem is you say that the trinitarian perspective divides God.

But I believe that your perspective divides him. God The creater has always been plural and yet one.

Without slamming you with a bunch of scriptures You know there are many scriptures that support this.

And we can continue going in circles forever and get no where. This debate has been going on for at least 1700 years.

[10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “But I believe that your perspective divides him. God The creater has always been plural and yet one.

[10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away”:

Man has been used to spread confusion where there should be clarity and these mysteries you often see are largely of satan's work.
    We do not know all the truth.
    But we do know where truth is to be found-in scripture.
    Trinity is not found there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “God The creater has always been plural and yet one.”

No.

That is trinityspeak confusion.

God alone is the creator.

All creation comes through His Son.

Jn 1
    ” 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You ask
    “You say this but do you believe Jesus is [a] God?”

Jesus is not the God of the bible, which is our source of truth.
    He is the Son of that God.
    No confusion there..

His divine origins do not make him his own father.

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 21 2006,12:30)

WJ,

What did Jesus say,”I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.” (Matt.11:11). Now we know Jesus is not least in the kingdom of Heaven, but you have to admit this scripture does answer your question.

LOL Sultan and Adam Pastor!

Since you believe that John the Baptist was greater than Jesus, then do you accept the words of John the Baptist as being true?

Matt 3: 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mk 1: 6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
    [7] And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
    [8] I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Lk 3: 15] And as the people were in expectation, and all men mused in their hearts of John, whether he were the Christ, or not;
    [16] John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

So if Jesus words are true and Johns words are true, then it would leave one conclusion….Was Jesus born of woman?

Anyone care to respond!

I was just quoting Jesus. Do you disagree with the scripture?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account