How could Christ have the possibility of failure?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 341 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,06:21)

3 in 1 Nick!

Nick the Key to understanding the whole coucil of God is in understanding the Spirit Of God!

I am still speaking of Jesus Christ who is “the Almighty.” Paul says in II Corinthians 3:17, “Now the Lord is that Spirit.” The Lord is what Spirit? The “Lord” spoken of here, of course, is the Lord Jesus; and “the Spirit,” of course, is the Holy Spirit. Then again Paul tells us, “And so it is written, the last Adam was made A QUICKENING SPIRIT” (I Cor. 15:45). Today’s Christians, steeped in the false doctrines of the church systems, blinded by the traditions of men, have a traditional way of saying that “Christ is in the Holy Spirit.” But the word of God does not say that! There is not one verse in the whole Bible which says that Christ is in the Spirit! “Christ is in the Spirit” is, therefore, a traditional saying, whereas “The Lord IS the Spirit” is the scriptural expression. This is made very plain in chapter eight of Romans, as well as many other passages. “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His” (Rom. 8:9). The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are one Spirit! And there is an even greater mystery than this! “He that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (I Cor. 6:17). Oh, the wonder of it!

:O

Hi W,
    Christ was MADE a quickening Spirit. How odd if he was always that Spirit? But the truth is that God filled him with His own Spirit and that Spirit is infilled as well into the sons of God uniting us in Christ in God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,06:32)

Hi W,
    So looking again at Acts 10
    ” 38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
    How does three in one work here?
    Does it not worry you that you are teaching from outside of scripture?

Not at all Nick! Its the mystery of the Godhead! The Mystery that has been kept secret from the foundations of the world!

God is not limited to our finite little Minds!

Nick why would I worry I akcnowledge the Son, I worship the Father and I pray in the Holy Ghost, And I am filled with God by his Spirit and give him praise because I see this glorious union between God and Man through Jesus our Great God and Savior. Yes all one. How beautiful he is to tabernacle among us through Jesus the man and then Glorify the man as one with him in the Godhead and then make us a part of his Glorious Body which is his bride!

This can only be seen by the Spirit! We have not denied any of the scriptures we simply have made them One!:)

Hi W,
    God is not limited to our tiny minds but that does not give men carte blanche to design a God according to our imaginations, cloud it's inadequacies in confusionspeak and proclaim it all a mystery.
    Keep it simple buddy.
    Stick to what is revealed.

Hi W,
    Christ was MADE a quickening Spirit. How odd if he was alaways that Spirit? But the truth is that God filled him with His own Spirit and that Spirit is infilled as well into the sons of God uniting us in Christ in God.

Nick so which one of the scriptures do you not believe!

The Lord is that Spirit or, The last adam was made a quickening Spirit?:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Scripture is truth but you have not rightly divided it.
    God has a Son.

Hi W,
    God is not limited to our tiny minds but that does not give men carte blanche to design a God according to our imaginations, cloud it's inadequacies in confusionspeak and proclaim it all a mystery.
    Keep it simple buddy.

I Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Not simple for the carnal man!
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Indeed our Father God became manifest in the vessel of His Son.

Hi W,
    God has a Son.

Nick why do you say this. Have I denied the Son? The Father Son And Holy Spirit Nick. One! United! Glorified!

Not Scriptural!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,07:26)

Hi W,
    God has a Son.

Nick why do you say this. Have I denied the Son? The Father Son And Holy Spirit Nick. One! United! Glorified!

Hi W,
    Your “son of God” is not a real son just another name for God who you say came in the flesh. Such is antichrist[2jn, 1jn4].

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,07:28)

Not Scriptural!

Hi W,
    Why do you not believe God sent his Son into the World and anointed him with His Spirit? That is what scripture says.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,07:23)

Hi W,
    Keep it simple buddy.

I Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Not simple for the carnal man!

Hi w,
    1Tim 3[esv]
    “16Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
    He[a] appeared in a body,
    was vindicated by the Spirit,
    was seen by angels,
    was preached among the nations,
    was believed on in the world,
    was taken up in glory.

Footnotes:

1 Timothy 3:16 Some manuscripts God
    1 Timothy 3:16 Or in the flesh

One thing is plain. Our Glorious Almighty God does not need to be vindicated, has been seen by angels and did not need to be taken up. It speaks of the God revealing mission of the divine Son.

Hi W,
    Your “son of God” is not a real son just another name for God who you say came in the flesh. Such is antichrist[2jn, 1jn4].

Nick

My Jesus is the Word that was with God and Was God and was made, (ginomai ghin'-om-ahee  to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being) and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
    [21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
    [22] Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
    [23] Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Is this Not scriptural? Show me where I am wrong!

Hi W,
    Why do you not believe God sent his Son into the World and anointed him with His Spirit? That is what scripture says.

Nick.

Refer to above.:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Heb 2
    “Hebrews 2:14
    Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,”

The firstborn Son through whom all creation was made partook also of our flesh estate and his vessel was anointed and filled with the Spirit of God to reveal the fullness of God's deity to men. He is the son of God who was given to us to be king in the kingdom of God. Anointed in the Name and authority of his Father and united forever with Him and the power of His counselling Spirit God rules through him.

Hi w,
    1Tim 3[esv]
    “16Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
     He[a] appeared in a body,
        was vindicated by the Spirit,
     was seen by angels,
        was preached among the nations,
     was believed on in the world,
        was taken up in glory.

Footnotes:

1 Timothy 3:16 Some manuscripts God
    1 Timothy 3:16 Or in the flesh

One thing is plain. Our Glorious Almighty God does not need to be vindicated, has been seen by angels and did not need to be taken up. It speaks of the God revealing mission of the divine Son.

These 3 are One!

[a] God appeared in a body
    God was vindicated by the Spirit,
    [c]God was seen by angels,
    [d]God preached among the nations,
    [e]God was believed on in the world,
    [f]God was taken up in glory.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    [3] Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Jesus who came out of the bosom,(Jn 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.). Bosom=kolpos kol'-pos,1) the front of the body between the arms.

This indicates Jesus being a part of God! Of God. The Word ,God. One with, in essence, in substance. The very nature of, the form of, and this Jesus returned back to his bosom Glorified with him with the glory he had!

Its as if God took out his heart and gave it to man and now has recieved it and man back to himself!

Hi W,
    Heb 2
    “Hebrews 2:14
    Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,”

The firstborn Son through whom all creation was made partook also of our flesh estate and his vessel was anointed and filled with the Spirit of God to reveal the fullness of God's deity to men. He is the son of God who was given to us to be king in the kingdom of God. Anointed in the Name and authority of his Father and united forever with Him and the power of His counselling Spirit God rules through him.

Refer to above!:)

Hey Nick!

Do you ever sleep or work?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You have confused the vessel with the contents. Two in unity and harmony for eternity.
    God does not have parts. God is one and Jesus told us God is the Father. You say God is a trinity then pick and choose from scripture when you choose God to mean the Father or the Son or the Spirit. Such randomness and lack of order is not of God.

Jn 8.54
    54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Indeed he had glory WITH the Father. Glory of his own. The glory of a monogenes son from heaven,  glory John and Peter testified about having seen him in glory on the mountain.

Jn 1
    ” 14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
    2Peter 1
    ” 16For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.”

and a glory he wished to return to.

Jn 17
    ” 1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. “

I love defending the beauty and integrity of scripture. Trinity theory destroys the harmony and intergrity of the Word making it a source instead of confusion.
    Yes I work fulltime and have just come back from a night callout.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You quote
    Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by HIS SON, whom HE HATH APPOINTED HEIR of all things, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE the worlds;
    [3] Who being THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, and THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on THE RIGHT HAND OF THE MAJESTY on high;

Jesus who came out of the bosom,(Jn 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.).”

You look and look and do not see that these verses refer not to God or to any trinity being but to His Son and how that Son works for and with God, who is the Father.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account