How could Christ have the possibility of failure?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 341 total)
  • Author

The Spirit is of God

2Cor 3
    ” 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. '

But there is a difference for the Son.

Lk 12
    “10And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.”

So the Son is less than God Himself.

That should not surprise us as he said so.

Jn 14

“You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.”

God was IN Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

Nick you say, “the Spirit is of God” where is this term in the scriptures Nick!

You quoted me scriptures that says the Spirit is God?

LOL:)

NickHassan
    Participant

HI w,
    I agree.
    So how can this fit with any imagined trinity theory?
    Heb 13
    ” 9Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; ..”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,05:22)

The Spirit is of God

2Cor 3
    ” 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. '

But there is a difference for the Son.

Lk 12
    “10And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.”

So the Son is less than God Himself.

That should not surprise us as he said so.

Jn 14

“You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.”

God was IN Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

Nick you say, “the Spirit is of God” where is this term in the scriptures Nick!

You quoted me scriptures that says the Spirit is God?

LOL:)

Hi w,
    Why did Jesus tell men to pray to God in heaven if God was in him?

Hey worshippingjesus,

I hear what you are saying but this is the verse I was talking about:

6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.”

Hey Sscott

Sorry I jus noticed your your question. Been busy as you can see with Nick!

Im not sure my brother what your a getting at. I thoght we had explained about the worship of Jesus and eternal existance of the Son!

Love to help if possible!  Bless you!:)

Hi w,

Why did Jesus have to be baptised in water?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    I am a vessel and I live in a tent.

2Tim 2
    ” 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.”

2Cor 5
    ” 1For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven,

3inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.

4For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life.

5Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.”

So is Christ the Word who was with God and who partook of flesh later to be filled with the Spirit of the Father?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,05:29)

Hi w,

Why did Jesus have to be baptised in water?

Hi W,
    Jesus fulfilled all righteousness and showed us the way.

So is Christ the Word who was with God and who partook of flesh later to be filled with the Spirit of the Father?

No Nick not partook! The word became, (ginomai ghin'-om-ahee to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being), Flesh!

He became a man Nick. Incarnation! Jesus had to fulfill all righteousness as a man! Or else he could not be our perfect saviour!

:)

HI w,
    I agree.
    Heb 13
    ” 9Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; ..”

I Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Surely the Word already was a being with life in himself? He was able to choose, as beings can, to come into the world humbling himself to be one of us, the same in all ways except sin.

Phil 2
    ” 5Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,

6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”

He was sent into the world. God did not send Himself-that is antichrist- but sent His beloved [beings can love other beings]mongenes Son.

1Jn 4
    “2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,05:49)

HI w,
    I agree.
    Heb 13

I Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Hi w,
    If you were speaking of the Spirit of God then your words would reflect scripture as that is the work of the Spirit in us.

Jn 14
    “26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. “

But you teach strange nonbiblical things like God is a trinity. What gives??

Surely the Word already was a being with life in himself?  He was able to choose, as beings can, to come into the world humbling himself to be one of us, the same in all ways except sin.

Phil 2
    ” 5Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,

6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”

He was sent into the world. God did not send Himself-that is antichrist- but sent His beloved [beings can love other beings]mongenes Son.

1Jn 4
    “2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.”

Nick you say”Surely the Word already was a being with life in himself?  He was able to choose, as beings can, to come into the world humbling himself to be one of us, the same in all ways except sin.

He was sent into the world. God did not send Himself-that is antichrist- but sent His beloved [beings can love other beings]mongenes Son.”

Which one was it? Did God send him or did Jesus choose to come?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    What does scripture say?
    At least you seem to be saying two may have been involved in the decision.
    God sent His beloved Son.
    That is progress.

Hi w,
    If you were speaking of the Spirit of God then your words would reflect scripture as that is the work of the Spirit in us.

Jn 14
    “26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. “

Nick here is you groups biggest problem! Its the Holy Spirit! Why do you quote scripture that was inspired by a being that has no personality?

Sounds like outer limits to me! God is not attached to some seperate intity of power or force.

It would give God greater honour to at least see his Spirit as a personal being, or better yet to see him as God coming to us through Jesus

He is all powerful, he is all knowing he is everywhere at once or he isnt God!

Hi W,
    What does scripture say?
    At least you seem to be saying two may have been involved in the decision.
    God sent His beloved Son.
    That is progress.

3 in 1 Nick!:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So looking again at Acts 10
    ” 38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
    How does three in one work here?
    Does it not worry you that you are teaching from outside of scripture?

3 in 1 Nick!

Nick the Key to understanding the whole coucil of God is in understanding the Spirit Of God!

I am still speaking of Jesus Christ who is “the Almighty.” Paul says in II Corinthians 3:17, “Now the Lord is that Spirit.” The Lord is what Spirit? The “Lord” spoken of here, of course, is the Lord Jesus; and “the Spirit,” of course, is the Holy Spirit. Then again Paul tells us, “And so it is written, the last Adam was made A QUICKENING SPIRIT” (I Cor. 15:45). Today’s Christians, steeped in the false doctrines of the church systems, blinded by the traditions of men, have a traditional way of saying that “Christ is in the Holy Spirit.” But the word of God does not say that! There is not one verse in the whole Bible which says that Christ is in the Spirit! “Christ is in the Spirit” is, therefore, a traditional saying, whereas “The Lord IS the Spirit” is the scriptural expression. This is made very plain in chapter eight of Romans, as well as many other passages. “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His” (Rom. 8:9). The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are one Spirit! And there is an even greater mystery than this! “He that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (I Cor. 6:17). Oh, the wonder of it!

:O

Hi W,
    ” 38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

Not at all Nick! Its the mystery of the Godhead! The Mystery that has been kept secret from the foundations of the world!

God is not limited to our finite little Minds!

Nick why would I worry I akcnowledge the Son, I worship the Father and I pray in the Holy Ghost, And I am filled with God by his Spirit and give him praise because I see this glorious union between God and Man through Jesus our Great God and Savior. Yes all one. How beautiful he is to tabernacle among us through Jesus the man and then Glorify the man as one with him in the Godhead and then make us a part of his Glorious Body which is his bride!

This can only be seen by the Spirit! We have not denied any of the scriptures we simply have made them One!:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,06:12)

Hi w,

Jn 14

Nick here is you groups biggest problem! Its the Holy Spirit! Why do you quote scripture that was inspired by a being that has no personality?

Sounds like outer limits to me! God is not attached to some seperate intity of power or force.

It would give God greater honour to at least see his Spirit as a personal being, or better yet to see him as God coming to us through Jesus

He is all powerful, he is all knowing he is everywhere at once or he isnt God!

Hi W,
    How do you know it would give God honour to separate Him from His own Spirit as another person?? Perhaps you have scriptural support for such an assumption? Bizarre

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 11 2006,06:32)

Hi W,

Not at all Nick! Its the mystery of the Godhead! The Mystery that has been kept secret from the foundations of the world!

God is not limited to our finite little Minds!

Nick why would I worry I akcnowledge the Son, I worship the Father and I pray in the Holy Ghost, And I am filled with God by his Spirit and give him praise because I see this glorious union between God and Man through Jesus our Great God and Savior. Yes all one. How beautiful he is to tabernacle among us through Jesus the man and then Glorify the man as one with him in the Godhead and then make us a part of his Glorious Body which is his bride!

This can only be seen by the Spirit! We have not denied any of the scriptures we simply have made them One!:)

Hi W,
    Christ is the hidden mystery. Men have devised another mystery and called it trinity. It insults God in my view.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account