How could Christ have the possibility of failure?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 341 total)
  • Author
    Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Sound doctrine is biblical.
    Trinity is not biblical.

In Whose names were you baptised NH?

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    My parents tell me I went through the false catholic ritual as an infant. When I woke from my slumber 25 years ago and repented on this nonsense I sought baptism in the way of Acts, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Hi CB,
    My parents tell me I went through the false catholic ritual as an infant. When I woke from my slumber 25 years ago and repented on this nonsense I sought baptism in the way of Acts, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

So you were baptised in the name of the Godhead. Father,Son and Holy Ghost. :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The Son of God is called Jesus and he is not a godhead of any kind. Why do you accept these catholic accretions to simple faith?

Hi W,
    The Son of God is called Jesus and he is not a godhead of any kind. Why do you accept these catholic accretions to simple faith?

NH

Why do you not accept the Inspired word of God?

Matt 28
    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    ???  :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Grasp the whole and don't seek alternatives to the simple truths.
    Tertullian and his cronies got it wrong and we should not follow them and fall into the same errors.
    When will you speak from your own gleanings and not just be a mouthpiece for traditional antichrist rebels?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 23 2006,14:29)

Hi CB,

So you were baptised in the name of the Godhead. Father,Son and Holy Ghost. :D

Laughing about baptism shows me that you lack respect for the things of God?

Baptism is ordained by God and no laughing matter. It is how we respond to the gospel. It is how we accept the gospel of salvation.

BTW, we should do all in the name of Jesus as it is written.

Colossians 3:17
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Laughing about baptism shows me that you lack respect for the things of God?

Baptism is ordained by God and no laughing matter. It is how we respond to the gospel. It is how we accept the gospel of salvation.

BTW, we should do all in the name of Jesus as it is written.

Colossians 3:17
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

t8

Laughing is a form of Joy. I dont know about you but I had a lot of joy when I was baptised.

And yes it is all in the name of Jesus now. Thats been my point. But that dosnt negate the inspired words of Mathew through the mouth of our savior that there were are 3.

By the way t8 it would help if there was some teaching and instruction coming from you seeing that you oversee here.

Rather than just sit back waiting for the slip of the tongue to pounce on or to judge someones motives.

Just my observation. :D

seekingtruth
    Participant

It does seem that there are more accusations being flung about then scripture.

T8,
    Would it be possible/permissable to setup a section of thread(s) where there are no personal remarks allowed, only scripture with an explanation/interpretation????

It might be worth a try (may be a dumb idea also)

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2006,17:31)

Hi W,

NH

Why do you not accept the Inspired word of God?

Matt 28
    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    ???  :O

W has presented a scripture (not a “belief” or a secular source) why not explain to him why you do not believe this scripture is valid instead of calling him names.

I'm not saying anything about who's right or wrong but reasoning together will NEVER happen if we don't stay in the word and away from emotions!

If I'm out of place I appoligize I just felt it needed to be said.

Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST
    This is what I said.
    “Hi W,
    The Son of God is called Jesus and he is not a godhead of any kind. Why do you accept these catholic accretions to simple faith”

Trinity sources from catholicism
    It is an addition or accretion to faith
    The Gospel of Christ is simple as for children
    Trinity destroys that simplicity
    It impedes faith and confuses men
    Godhead means the nature of God the Father
    It has been wrongly appropriated to meaning a trinity god.

What have I said that is offensive??

seekingtruth
    Participant

First thing, my comment was to a particular post done by Nick, but only as an example to address a general issue we're all guilty of.

Nick this is the post you made following his post of a verse which on the surface supports his position.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2006,17:47)
    Hi W,
    Grasp the whole and don't seek alternatives to the simple truths.
    Tertullian and his cronies got it wrong and we should not follow them and fall into the same errors.
    When will you speak from your own gleanings and not just be a mouthpiece for traditional antichrist rebels?

I know I'm not swayed by this type of arguement (if anything it makes me resist even more), if I give a scripture and it is mis-interpreted show me how it should be interpreted and support it with other scripture. If it has nothing to do with the point being debated then point that out. If I refuse to listen then I believe we will all answer for how we handled the truth presented to us. If someone is not willing to “reason together” and insists on posting personal opinions or attacks I choose to ignore them and leave it to God, but I've done my part.

I know it is like a little child leading for me to try to tell you how to post, but sometimes God uses the simple to remind the wise.

I believe the Lord gave me the signature I use and at first I did not see how it fit, but maybe He wants it to.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,

The work and the results are God's.
    The power is that of the Spirit.
    The foundation is what is written.

But many are partially resistant to scripture.
    They have been immunised.
    They already have applied certain doctrinal or denominational meanings to what is presented and it does not reach their heart.

I believe we have to use all sorts of other means when this is the case.
    Showing them what they really believe by reflecting back what they say or seem to say
    or the conclusions that can be reached if their line of reasoning is further pursued can sometimes bring light.

Many are finished learning and their ears are blocked.
    Others enjoy intellectual debate not seeming to realise it is a matter of life and death.
    Others come here to attempt to overturn our scriptural foundation and substitute their tradition.

Others come to listen and let the Spirit glean for them and we really want that whether or not they speak.
    Others are entrenched in pride and cannot change.
    We are not a denomination or based on any tradition.

We are mining for truth and using all the tools God has put at our disposal as gently as possible.
    God will use all of us to reap His harvest but it will be small.
    A remnant as usual.

seekingtruth
    Participant

I agree with most of what you've written about the state of many people, all I was saying is let God's word do the work for you. We are admonished to correctly handle the word of truth, Jesus used it against satan and the religious, it is our sword and how we can set people free. Why not directly respond to the scripture he presented, dancing around it makes it look like you have no defense from God's word to his point of view and are trying to distract him from what he sees as a valid point.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    Help yourself and work with me. We are one.

Cult Buster
    Participant

ST to NH

Why not directly respond to the scripture he presented, dancing around it makes it look like you have no defense from God's word to his point of view and are trying to distract him from what he sees as a valid point.

The reason that they “dance around”  is because they have no defence from the Word of God. So they try to confuse the issues and muddy the water,  hoping to avoid the confronting truths.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    No dancing.
    Just wondering how long you can ignore the obvious.
    God has a beloved son that He sent into the world and anointed with His own Spirit.

Cult Buster
    Participant

How long can you ignore this NH.

Isaiah 6:3  “And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.”

Did you catch that?  That's one “holy” for each person of the Godhead! If there is only one God they would not have repeated the worshipful praise three times.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:      :O  :O  :O

It's time to stop dancing around the scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Amazing.
    How cute
    One for each God.
    Amazing that you would believe such things

seekingtruth
    Participant

Cult Buster,

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 23 2006,05:57)
    ST to NH

Why not directly respond to the scripture he presented, dancing around it makes it look like you have no defense from God's word to his point of view and are trying to distract him from what he sees as a valid point.

The reason that they “dance around”  is because they have no defence from the Word of God. So they try to confuse the issues and muddy the water,  hoping to avoid the confronting truths.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I love the verse you referenced. This is what this forum has helped me with to a large extent, being ready to answer for what it is I believe and why.  The second part of it I still strive for.

Our only defense is the Word of God. It is the source of what we need to believe. Many have made false conclusions because they were taught wrong, but some have been deluded by evil.

What I'm trying to propose is that in meekness and fear we reason together staying away from personal attacks. Will not God's word accomplish what needs to be done and will not the listeners of that type of exchange benefit where as the Word tells us to “Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.”

I'm sure most will respond; but we are arguing major issues of what God is, what could be more important…the gospel is, and do not both sides agree that Jesus is the Son of God and that salvation is found by embracing the belief of what God accomplished through His Son. Yet we sit and argue about something we can never fully comprehend or begin to understand, an infinite God. Both sides accuse the other of not listening and in most cases they're both right.

Correct me as needed.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account