How could Christ have the possibility of failure?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 341 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    We are a biblical forum so trying to convince us about something not found in the bible will always be a difficult challenge for you.

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi W,
    We are a biblical forum so trying to convince us about something not found in the bible will always be a difficult challenge for you.

If this forum is biblical then why are you and others propagating Watchtower doctrines.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    It is very hard for anyone who has based their faith on the weak and shifting sand foundation of trinity or oneness or your three greek word GODHEAD to actually understand teaching based on scripture as it seems foreign to him. But we told to abide in the Word and these false doctrines are not found there.

Choose this day whom you will follow and I suggest Peter's reply was best.

“Lord to whom else can we go? You have the words of eternal life”

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 12 2006,13:00)
    NH

Hi W,

If this forum is biblical then why are you and others propagating Watchtower doctrines.

I find it interesting that you speak of being biblical. The entire purpose of scripture is to be a tool to help us become like Christ. Why do you continue to work against that process? What does your doctrine do to help us become more like Christ? How does it function to make us more like Christ?

Teaching as the Hebrews (including Jesus) practiced had little to do with “Doctrine” it is being presented on this board..

The Hebrew word “Torah” is usually translated into the English word “Law”. Because of this translation there is a great misunderstanding of what “Torah” truly is. “TORAH IS NOT LAW”. When we use the word “law” we assume a certain meaning and concept of the word that is not present in the Hebrew Scriptures.

The purpose of a parents Torah is to teach and bring the children to maturity. If the Torah is violated out of disrespect or defiant disobedience, the child is punished. If the child desires to follow the instructions out of a loving obedience but falls short of the expectations, the child is commended for the effort and counseled on how to perform the instructions better the next time. Unlike Torah, law is a set of rules from a government or authority and binding on a community. Violation of the rules require punishment. With this type of law, there is no room for teaching, either the law was broken with the penalty of punishment or it was not broken.

The Torah was a set of teachings on wisdom designed to help the child live, prosper and succeed in this world as a son. Teachings designed to develop proper character and heart toward God and man. God, as our heavenly Father, gives his children His Torah in the same manner and for the same reasons. God’s teachings or doctrines are all designed with the welfare of His children in mind. They are designed to further His purpose to raise up children with His character. The so-called teachings or “Doctrines” of today must function as the Torah did in Biblical times or they are a waste of Christians time. In fact it is worse then that. By sidetracking people from sound teaching (teaching that functions and produces fruit) they are working against God.

I have a simple question for you. How does ascerting that Jesus has a dual nature or that God is a Trinity further a Christians quest to become like Christ? Just tell me the purpose of what you are teaching.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Good post music4two

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Cult Truster.

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 13 2006,08:00)
    NH

Hi W,

We don't, we preach scripture.
    https://heavennet.net/writings/trinity-11.htm

But why are you propagating catholic doctrines?

Think about it. The Father as the true God and Christ as his son is scriptural. A triune God is creedal.

One is inspired by God, the other is the fruit of intellectualism.

And guess what? God's foolishness is greater than man's wisdom. So if we are to be fools for Christ then I am honoured. If I am to be wise among men, then what benefit is that? If you want that honour then take it. I am not interested in it.

Cult Buster
    Participant

music4two

I have a simple question for you. How does ascerting that Jesus has a dual nature or that God is a Trinity further a Christians quest to become like Christ? Just tell me the purpose of what you are teaching.

You tell me the purpose of the Arian Watchtower doctrine propagated on this forum.

Nick Hassan

Christ certainly has the words of life. Stay away from Watchtower doctrines.      :O

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 16 2006,12:28)
    music4two

You tell me the purpose of the Arian Watchtower doctrine propagated on this forum.

Nick Hassan

Christ certainly has the words of life. Stay away from Watchtower doctrines.      :O

Since I am not Arean or a member of the watchtower, I really do not know. You can sure skirt the question though. How very sad.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 16 2006,12:28)
    music4two

Nick Hassan

HI CB,
    Jesus says he is the Son of God
    but you would call him a liar and say he is God
    so why would you advise others to listen to him?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 13 2006,08:00)
    NH

Hi W,

Says the man who promotes Catholic doctrine.

Here is the Catholic faith of which you are promoting:

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith. Which Faith except everyone do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the Catholic Faith is this, that we worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity. Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is all One, the Glory Equal, the Majesty Co-Eternal. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father Uncreate, the Son Uncreate, and the Holy Ghost Uncreate. The Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible. The Father Eternal, the Son Eternal, and the Holy Ghost Etneral and yet they are not Three Eternals but One Eternal. As also there are not Three Uncreated, nor Three Incomprehensibles, but One Uncreated, and One Uncomprehensible. So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not Three Almighties but One Almighty.

So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not Three Gods, but One God. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not Three Lords but One Lord. For, like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by Himself to be God and Lord, so are we forbidden by the Catholic Religion to say, there be Three Gods or Three Lords. The Father is made of none, neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created, but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father, and of the Son neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

So there is One Father, not Three Fathers; one Son, not Three Sons; One Holy Ghost, not Three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is afore or after Other, None is greater or less than Another, but the whole Three Persons are Co-eternal together, and Co-equal. So that in all things, as is aforesaid, the Unity is Trinity, and the Trinity is Unity is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, must thus think of the Trinity.

This is what you promote, so you are a Catholic from what I can see.

Says the man who promotes Catholic doctrine.

Here is the Catholic faith of which you are promoting:

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith. Which Faith except everyone do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the Catholic Faith is this, that we worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity. Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is all One, the Glory Equal, the Majesty Co-Eternal. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father Uncreate, the Son Uncreate, and the Holy Ghost Uncreate. The Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible. The Father Eternal, the Son Eternal, and the Holy Ghost Etneral and yet they are not Three Eternals but One Eternal. As also there are not Three Uncreated, nor Three Incomprehensibles, but One Uncreated, and One Uncomprehensible. So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not Three Almighties but One Almighty.

So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not Three Gods, but One God. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not Three Lords but One Lord. For, like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by Himself to be God and Lord, so are we forbidden by the Catholic Religion to say, there be Three Gods or Three Lords. The Father is made of none, neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created, but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father, and of the Son neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

So there is One Father, not Three Fathers; one Son, not Three Sons; One Holy Ghost, not Three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is afore or after Other, None is greater or less than Another, but the whole Three Persons are Co-eternal together, and Co-equal. So that in all things, as is aforesaid, the Unity is Trinity, and the Trinity is Unity is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, must thus think of the Trinity.

t8

Do you believe…

There is One Father, not Three Fathers; one Son, not Three Sons; One Holy Ghost, not Three Holy Ghosts.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Being Arian is as misguided as being Catholic.

Come out of her     :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Exactly,
    So why do you continue to promote roman catholic creeds if you say you follow Christ?
    Trinity was never found in his mouth.
    He came to tell men about his Abba.

Jn 8.54
    “54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:”

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 19 2006,04:18)

Come out of her     :O

Get over yourself will you?
    First of all, no one really knows what Arius believed. All of his writings were destroyed by those who accused him. The only writings we have concerning his beliefs are written by his accusers.

Frankly I am getting tired of being accused of watchtower or arian beliefs. What are you an inquisitor? What's next witch trials and burnings at the stake? GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Posted: Dec. 19 2006,20:15  

——————————————————————————–
    Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 19 2006,04:18)

Come out of her      

Get over yourself will you?
    First of all, no one really knows what Arius believed. All of his writings were destroyed by those who accused him. The only writings  we have concerning his beliefs are written by his accusers.

Frankly I am getting tired of being accused of  watchtower or arian beliefs. What are you an inquisitor? What's next witch trials and burnings at the stake? GET A LIFE!!!!!!  
    Back to top ——————————————————————————-

There is a reason why Arians documents were destroyed.

Could be that the same God that preserved the scriptures that he wanted us to have today is the same God that allowed those documents to be destroyed.

If they were inspired by the Holy Spirit, would not God have preserved them?

So the argument that  Arian had some truth that was destroyed by trinitarians and therefore we dont have the whole truth is weak to say the least.

We have what God wanted us to have. Believe it or reject it. Which I find many here rejecting much of the scriptures to fit their Arian roots.

Rev 22:
    18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

II Peter 3
    That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
    3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

II Tim 4
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W
    You quote
    “3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;”
    Sound doctrine is biblical.
    Trinity is not biblical.

Hi W
    You quote
    “3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;”
    Sound doctrine is biblical.
    Trinity is not biblical.

NH

Your view is not scriptural! :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Scripture is viewed according to scripture.
    What is written matters to God
    but men prefer their traditional teachings.

Hi w,
    Scripture is viewed according to scripture.
    What is written matters to God
    but men prefer their traditional teachings

NH

Then why do you turn your face from obvious teachings of the word my friend?
    ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Where is trinity the OBVIOUS TEACHING in the Word?
    Which mouthpiece did God use to reveal this new doctrine through?

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account