How could Christ have the possibility of failure?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 341 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Do you know of any sons
    who did not have a beginning?

To WorshippingJesus.

If you believe the following, then why do oppose it?

It is written that God created all things through Christ.

It is written that the head of the woman is man, the head of the man is Christ, and head of Christ is God. i.e., God > Christ > Man

It is written that there is one mediator between God and Man.

It is written that Christ is the Word and the Word was WITH God in the beginning.

It is written that man cannot interface with God, but only through Christ.

It is written that we are the branches, Jesus the vine, the Father is the gardener or vine dresser.

Can you truly say that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Do you believe the truth of that statement?

t8

Christ truly is the mediator between God and man. But I dont stop at Jesus just being the mediator between the man.

He is and was God.

I Tim 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hi W,
    Do you know of any sons
    who did not have a beginning?

NH

Prove to me by scriptures that Jesus the Word had a begining!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Ps 2
    ” 7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.”

david
    Participant

The catholics also believe in the virgin birth, and the death and burial and resurrection of our Lord, and the blood of the Lamb, and Jesus the Son, and many other truths. So does this mean because the Catholics believes thes truths we should just thow them out because they are part of thier doctrine?

Hi W. I didn't anywhere say that everything Catholics believe are wrong because they are Catholics.
    They most definitely do believe in the trinity. Yet isn't it interesting that they have to acknowledge these things. You say that the trinity is taught in scripture. BUt history I believe acknowledges that it took a couple hundred years to formulate that thought.
    You say we apostasized in this. But I remember no discussion in the scriptures about a trinity. There are only supposed hints at it. Why?

Cult Buster
    Participant

WJ posted

Christ truly is the mediator between God and man. But I dont stop at Jesus just being the mediator between the man.

He is and was God.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I'm afraid that any of this will not make an impression on this crowd. They have been indoctrinated by their Arian cult. The Word of God makes no impression on them; they just harden themselves against it.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Zec 7:11  But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.     :O

sscott
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 11 2006,05:17)
    WJ posted

He is and was God.

I'm afraid that any of this will not make an impression on this crowd. They have been indoctrinated by their Arian cult. The Word of God makes no impression on them; they just harden themselves against it.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Zec 7:11 But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear. :O

“The everlasting Father, “

Is Jesus the Everlasting Father Cult Buster?

Yes or No will do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You quote
    ” For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:”
    Who gave us His Son?

sscott
    Participant

They have been indoctrinated by their Arian cult.

Labels come in so handy. By labeling others one no longer has to try to understand their view or search the scriptures.

Cult Buster
    Participant

sscott

Yes or No will do.

Who is Isaiha 9:6 referring to?

Who was born?

Whose  name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace?

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of course it is referring to Christ.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Col 2:9  For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him (Christ), My Lord and my God.

sscott
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 11 2006,05:46)
    sscott

Yes or No will do.

Who is Isaiha 9:6 referring to?

Who was born?

Whose name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace?

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of course it is referring to Christ.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Col 2:9 For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him (Christ), My Lord and my God.

So is Christ the Son or the Father. You seem to be saying He is the Father. Is that what you are saying?

Cult Buster
    Participant

The scripture here is referring to Christ as God.  He is referred to by all the names within the Godhead.

Councellor – God the Holy Spirit
    The evelasting Father – God the Father
    The Prince of Peace – God the Son.

Col 2:8  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
    Col 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Christ is The Mighty God of Isaiha 9:6

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him (Christ), My Lord and my God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You quote,
    “Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

So to you God is the godhead
    so the Father, the Son and the Spirit
    dwell in the Son???

sscott
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 11 2006,06:08)

The scripture here is referring to Christ as God. He is referred to by all the names within the Godhead.

Councellor – God the Holy Spirit
    The evelasting Father – God the Father
    The Prince of Peace – God the Son.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
    Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Christ is The Mighty God of Isaiha 9:6

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him (Christ), My Lord and my God.

hmm…. I would say in Christ was the fullness of the Godhead/Diety..like the scriptures say as well. He was called all those titles because He had the Spirit without measure.

John 3:34
    For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.

In Him was the fullness of the Father by His Spirit. The Word of God sent forth from the Father. The Spirit of God proceeding from the Father. When one see's Christ they see God. God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

Therefore when you have seen Christ you have seen the Father. Christ was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Cult Buster,

Can I post 5 questions I posted on another site to get explanations of how they fit with the Trinity Doctrine? On the Other site I posted on the Thread had 64 replys and almost 2000 view and no one was able to answer my questions. If you would be willing to try to answer them I would be willing to listen.

Cult Buster
    Participant

If you had any understanding of the Biblical Godhead, you would not talk such rubbish. I only quoted the scripture

“Col 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”

This also is scripture which you cannot explain away. Have a try.

Christ The Mighty God!

Cult Buster
    Participant

sscott. The last post was for NH but you posted before my reply.

Can I post 5 questions I posted on another site to get explanations of how they fit with the Trinity Doctrine?

You are welcome to post whatever you please. This forum is for you also.

sscott
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 11 2006,06:29)
    sscott. The last post was for NH but you posted before my reply.

Can I post 5 questions I posted on another site to get explanations of how they fit with the Trinity Doctrine?

You are welcome to post whatever you please. This forum is for you also.

Ok..I'll start a new thread.

david
    Participant

We notice that Jesus is here referred to as “mighty God.”
    “God” in Hebrew is a word that means basically “Mighty One.” And without question, if human judges, angels and Satan call all be called “mighty ones” or gods, then certainly the Son of Almighty God can be rightly called a mighty God.
    Yet, isn't it interesting that only his Father is called “almighty God.” And this 43 times in scripture. Yes, Jesus is mighty. His father is Almighty. There is a great difference.

In this instance and a few others Jesus is called a God. The number of times this happens can be counted on one hand or two if you're less critical.

Yet, notice how many times his Father is specifically called “God.”

Expressions we find in the Bible:
    Jehovah God–50 times
    the [true] God Jehovah–4 times
    Jehovah their God–39 times
    Jehovah the [true] God–8 times.
    Jehovah is in truth God–1 time
    Jehovah is God–1 time
    Jehovah is my God–1 time
    Jehovah is our God–1 time
    Jehovah your God–455 times
    Jehovah our God–105 times
    Jehovah my God–40 times
    Jehovah his God–29 times
    Jehovah is a God–7 times
    Jehovah the God of–204 times
    Jehovah a God–1 time

Clearly, “Jehovah is God.” (Ps 100:3)

And where are the thousand times that the holy spirit is called “God”?

If they are equal and equally God, wouldn't the numbers be…..equal?

Yet, they are not equal at all.

Jesus is mighty.
    Jehovah is Almighty
    The holy spirit is never called almighty god or even mighty God.

Christ The Mighty God!

Christ's father and his God, the “Almighty God.”

Does “almighty” equal “mighty”

A dictionary will explain that they are not equal.

And math will explain that someone being called God a thousand times and Almighty 43 times is not equal to someone being called God a few times and Almighty no times.

How are they equal when they are not shown to be?

A Father is older than a son. Every child knows this. Why would the wisest one in the universe choose such a poor analogy that is apparently meant to confuse?
    If they are equal, perhaps they should be brothers or twins. You would think our Grand Instructor would know how to portray their relationship using words we understand. Everyone understands Father. Everyone understands son. Why would He choose that way to represent himself and his annointed one if the way we understand those words do not apply? He would be a poor instructor if that was the case. But it is not. “Father” means what every child understands it to mean. It's not a trick.

As for this rendering of this scripture:
    “1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
    It's from the KJ version. If you check the New King James Version, the footnote will say with reference to “God” was manifest: NU Text reads “Who.”
    And, it seems most every other Bible doesn't have “God” in that spot. You have picked basically, the only Bible that translates it that way, and the Newer versions footnote explains that the NU text reads “who” and not “God.”

(I'm using scripture here, thousands of them actually, that show that Jesus Father is truly God. If you dismiss this without commenting, it may make me think you cannot reason on it because you are blind to those scriptures.)
    david

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 11 2006,07:18)
    We notice that Jesus is here referred to as “mighty God.”  
    “God” in Hebrew is a word that means basically “Mighty One.”  And without question, if human judges, angels and Satan call all be called “mighty ones” or gods, then certainly the Son of Almighty God can be rightly called a mighty God.  
    Yet, isn't it interesting that only his Father is called “almighty God.”  And this 43 times in scripture.  Yes, Jesus is mighty.  His father is Almighty.  There is a great difference.

YHWH is called “mighty God” in Isa. 10:21 and Jer. 32:18. Does this appelative emphasise anything other than absolute deity in those verses?

In this instance and a few others Jesus is called a God.  The number of times this happens can be counted on one hand or two if you're less critical.

That's quite a concession on your part David – indeed Yahshua IS called “God” in scripture. And since there is ONLY ONE TRUE God, YHWH, He must be YHWH. Unless, that is, He is a false God…..

Yet, notice how many times his Father is specifically called “God.”

Expressions we find in the Bible:
    Jehovah God–50 times
    the [true] God Jehovah–4 times
    Jehovah their God–39 times
    Jehovah the [true] God–8 times.
    Jehovah is in truth God–1 time
    Jehovah is God–1 time
    Jehovah is my God–1 time
    Jehovah is our God–1 time
    Jehovah your God–455 times
    Jehovah our God–105 times
    Jehovah my God–40 times
    Jehovah his God–29 times
    Jehovah is a God–7 times
    Jehovah the God of–204 times
    Jehovah a God–1 time

Clearly, “Jehovah is God.” (Ps 100:3)

David, can you please produce the requisite proof to substantiate your assertion that it is Yahshua's Father Who is specifically called “God” each and every time in the list above (I told you I would do that) :;):

Jesus is mighty.
    Jehovah is Almighty

So we have one “mighty” and one “almighty” God? Isn't that two Gods? I thought there was only one…..

Christ's father and his God, the “Almighty God.”

Does “almighty” equal “mighty”

A dictionary will explain that they are not equal.

Isaiah 10:20-21
    20Now in that day the remnant of Israel, and those of the house of Jacob who have escaped, will never again rely on the one who struck them, but will truly rely on the LORD, the Holy One of Israel. 21A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.

Jeremiah 32:16-18
    16″After I had given the deed of purchase to Baruch the son of Neriah, then I prayed to the LORD, saying, 17'Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You, 18who shows lovingkindness to thousands, but repays the iniquity of fathers into the bosom of their children after them, O great and mighty God The LORD of hosts is His name;

YHWH is both. Apparently mighty does equal almighty!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Dec. 12 2006,03:07)
    So we have one “mighty” and one “almighty” God? Isn't that two Gods? I thought there was only one…..

Correct.

There is only one God, (the Father).

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

If you do not believe the above, then you have a problem with God, not me.

No matter how much you argue this and that, and use words like ontological, you cannot change the simple truth presented in the 2 scriptures above and repeated in many hundreds of scriptures in the New Testament.

The sooner you can admit that Jesus is Lord (Not God Almighty) the better it will be for you.

Aligning ourselves with truth is not failure, it is wise and it takes courage.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account