How could Christ have the possibility of failure?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 341 total)
  • Author
    Cult Buster
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is God

Acts 5:3   But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?  
    5:4   Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.  

Mathew  12:31   Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.  (Blasphemy can only be committed against God)

1 Corinthians  6:19   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  
    6:20   For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God (the Holy Ghost) in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  

1 Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God (the Holy Spirit) , and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  

1 Corinthians 3:17   Now the Lord (God) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.  

9:14   How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit (only God hath immortality) offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?  

The HOLY SPIRIT (a Person) is endowed with very “personal” characteristics like:
    Intelligence and knowledge, feelings and teaching ability.
    (John 14:26) “for He will teach you all things”.
    1 Cor. 2:13,14 He teaches us spiritual things, helping us to discern spiritual things
    (1 Cor. 12:11),He makes decisions –deciding who gets what spiritual gift
    He has emotions and can be grieved (Eph. 4:30)
    Romans 8:26 “The Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

(John 16:8) He convicts of sin, of righteousness and judgment
    Rev. 22:17
    He invites people to “come” (Matt. 12:31, Mark 3:29) He can be sinned and blasphemed against, which can lead to the unpardonable sin
    “The Spirit Himself bears witness…. that we are children of God (Romans 8:16
    He speaks (Acts 8:29)
    teaches (Luke 12:12)
    reveals (Luke 2:26)
    testifies (Acts 20:23)
    searches (1 Cor. 2:10,11)
    He sets people apart for service and sends them on their way (Acts 13:2,4)
    He commands and guides (Acts 8:29)
    He declares things to come (John 16:13)
    In John chapters 14-16 Christ referred to the Holy Spirit 24 times with personal PRONOUNS. HE,  HIM. He addresses the Holy Spirit as a person, and treats Him as a person. In John 14:16 He calls Him the Comforter (Parakletos), which is a title which could only be held by a person.

If the Holy Spirit was only Christ's Spirit, then explain the following:

The Bible speaks of Him as:
    1. The Spirit Himself (Romans 8:16; 8:26)
    2. The Spirit of God (Romans 8:9; 8:14)
    3. The Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9)

The Spirit is all the fullness of the Godhead.

When we see statements like Christs Spirit or the Father’s Spirit, it does not take anything away from the Holy Spirit as an individual person of the Godhead.

If I said to you “my brother”, “your sister”, “his mother,”, or “mother of Charlie”, does this mean we own our brothers, sisters and mothers? Does this mean that they are part of us or that they are not separate individuals?  Of course not!

The three Divine Beings in heaven are also very closely related. So we see statements like Christ’s Father, Spirit of God, Son of God, Christs Spirit, the Father’s Spirit or Spirit of the Lord.  

The Spirit is all the fullness of the Godhead.

Rev 4:8, Isaiha 6:3   HOLY HOLY HOLY  (praising the three Divine Beings)

Beware! Beware! of these Jehovah's Witnesses offshoot cults. Don't let them brainwash you. If you are part of any of these cults, you must come out and join a real Christian church. Why should you be tormented by the word of God when you can live in harmony with it. It is not too late. You must come out. Bring your loved one's out.

Revelation 18:4  …. Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues….
    :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Trinity used to be a binity and was devised under the “gentle guidance” of a Roman Emperor, the ultimate adultery of the apostate body of Christ with the world. Is this the latest version of God as a trinity or can we await new developments?

Hi CB,
    Trinity used to be a binity and was devised under the “gentle guidance” of a Roman Emperor, the ultimate adultery of the apostate body of Christ with the world. Is this the latest version of God as a trinity or can we await new developments?

NH

Trinitarian view was found during the days of Christ when The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit walked on the earth together.:)

NickHassan
    Participant

HiW,
    Really?
    In the mouth of which of God's anointed teachers do we find these teachings?

HiW,
    Really?

NH

The Father Son and Holy Spirit did walk on the earth did they not?

The Son Jesus, the Father that was in him and the Holy Spirit that came upon him at Jordan.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 06 2006,21:57)

HiW,
    Really?

NH

The Father Son and Holy Spirit did walk on the earth did they not?

The Son Jesus, the Father that was in him and the Holy Spirit that came upon him at Jordan.

Hi W,
    Jesus walked the earth, and from the Jordan, God as Spirit in him. And God will return in the vessel of His Son to rule.

Zech 14
    ” 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.”

The Lord is the Spirit.

2Cor 3
    ” 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. “

the Spirit of God is ONE

Hi W,
    Jesus walked the earth, and from the Jordan, God as Spirit in him. And God will return in the vessel of His Son to rule.

Zech 14
    ” 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.”

The Lord is the Spirit.

2Cor 3
    ” 17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. “

the Spirit of God is ONE

NH

That was a yes or no question. You didnt answer my question.???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The question only has relevance if God's Spirit is divided. It is not.
    Matthew 12:25
    And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand

1 Corinthians 1:13
    Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
    1 Corinthians 12:11
    But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
    1 Corinthians 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
    Ephesians 2:18
    For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father
    Ephesians 4:4
    There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Hi W,
    The question only has relevance if God's Spirit is divided. It is not.
    Matthew 12:25
    And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand

1 Corinthians 1:13
    Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
    1 Corinthians 12:11
    But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
    1 Corinthians 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
    Ephesians 2:18
    For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father
    Ephesians 4:4
    There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

NH

I see. So when was the Father found in Jesus????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God, the Father, sent His Son into the world and was with him as a father till the Jordan when God anointed him and filled him with His own Spirit, unto eternity.

Acts 10
    “8How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him”

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Cult Buster.

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 04 2006,02:06)
    TEXTS CONTAINING ALL THREE PERSONS OF THE GODHEAD

Following are just some texts showing the understanding of the Three Divine Beings / Persons in One Godhead.

Matt. 28:19 Baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

11 Cor. 13:14 Grace of Christ, the love of God and the communion of the Holy Spirit.

11 Cor. 1:21,22 He Who establishes in Christ, anointed us is God, and given us the Spirit

1 Thess. 5:18-19 Will of God in Christ Jesus…quench not the Spirit.
    Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Jude 20-21 Praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of Jesus Christ.

I do not think that anyone is disputing that there is a Father, Son, and Spirit.

But it is the bundling of the 3 terms into a philosophy that says they are one and the same God that is the problem.

You can create pretty much believe anything you want using scripture in contexts that are not correct. For example:

1 Timothy 5:21
    I charge you, in the sight of God and Christ Jesus and the elect angels, to keep these instructions without partiality, and to do nothing out of favoritism.

Can I use this verse to show a Trinity that includes angels. Yes I could, but does it prove that they are all one God. The answer is no. What about if I added the following verse to boost my hypothetical argument:

Psalm 97:7
    All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols; worship him, all you gods (elohim)!

So now I have aptly demonstrated that there is this Trinity which includes the angels. Furthermore I have shown that angels are called 'elohim'. What more proof do you need?

But of course to say that they are all YHWH is flawed, just as the arguments that say that the Father, Son, and Spirit are all one God and God is a substance.

Rather believe this:

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Or believe what you want to believe.

Your choice.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember — all I am offering is the truth, nothing more. – Morpheus

:D

Seriously if you aren't interested in the truth, then you will wake up each morning believing whatever you want to believe.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Acts 10
    “8How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him”

So God anointed Jesus.
    So Jesus was not the God that anointed him.
    God anointed him with the Holy Spirit.
    So the God who was with him anointed him with His own Spirit.
    So there are not two Spirits but one.
    God's Spirit in Christ [and in prophecy]is called the Spirit of Christ.
    God anointed Christ with power.
    So the powers Jesus showed were not his own but God's.
    We should realise this because he told us so.
    There were not two powers in action.
    He was made like to us and we have no divine powers of our own.
    And
    God did not anoint
    God with
    God
    did He?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Typical Cults. They disregard the clear words of scripture. If you cannot see it by now then you are deluding yourselves.

All the above have been addressed and clearly explain in these forums but you still refuse to see.

Mat 23:24  Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cb,
    The biggest camel swallowed so far is that God is a trinity.
    God has a Son.
    He said so.

Mk 1
    ” 8I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

9And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

12And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.”

Matt 17
    ” 5While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

6And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.”

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH. You speak about baptism.

In Whose names were you baptised in?

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Come out of the Watchtower and be free from this cult.   :O

Joh 8:36  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH. Perhaps you were baptised into the Watchtower.

It's time that you left this cult so to be free in Jesus.    :O  :O  :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    We do not follow men and their follies but the words of Jesus.
    Whom do you follow?

david
    Participant

Hey Buster. By stating things that are known to be false to everyone on this forum, you only make people question everything else you say.

Nick is not JW. T8 has told you this. Whatistrue has told you this.
    Nick himself has said it about 5 times on other threads over the past year.
    Nick is not and does not represent JW's. Do you understand now?

Buster, i don't really see you discussing anything having to do with the trinity on this thread. What you are doing is trying to label someone into a group so we can simply say they are wrong. This is foolish reasoning. If you want I can direct you to some books that will help you how to reason more properly. False reasoning is something we've all encountered on this forum. I created a thread on that specific subject. I'll find it for you if you like.
    In the mean time, why don't you try to show us why God is a trinity. Everything else you do only shows you weekness in this area.

david

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 11 2006,02:09)
    NH. Perhaps you were baptised into the Watchtower.

It's time that you left this cult so to be free in Jesus. :O :O :O

OK Cult Buster.

I have left the cult of the Trinity.

Now what?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account