Hello, from someone new

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Heavens
    Participant

I joined today, hoping this is a New Zealand Christian website, with lots of kiwis amongst its members. :)

Other websites that I have belonged to have been kiwi-based, but very few kiwis belonged. :(

Don't get me wrong, I made lots of Aussie and American friends, but it was frustrating to not be able to make more kiwi friends. :laugh

I see there is a `believers' section. :) I'm hoping this is an inspirational, uplifting section full of opportunities to encourage and receive encouragement. :) So many `Christian' websites out there are so hostile! ???

Heavens

NickHassan
    Participant

welcome h,
    At least 6 or 8 friendly honest kiwis here.
    And myself.

Not3in1
    Participant

I love kiwi, but I don't think I am one? What is a KIWIS?

:)
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Heavens @ Feb. 10 2008,22:16)
    I'm hoping this is an inspirational, uplifting section full of opportunities to encourage

And I'm hoping that encouragement is one of your gifts! We certainly could use more of that around here.

Welcome!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Someone who lives in this little spot, New Zealand.

I joined today, hoping this is a New Zealand Christian website, with lots of kiwis amongst its members. :)

Other websites that I have belonged to have been kiwi-based, but very few kiwis belonged. :(

Don't get me wrong, I made lots of Aussie and American friends, but it was frustrating to not be able to make more kiwi friends. :laugh

I see there is a `believers' section. :) I'm hoping this is an inspirational, uplifting section full of opportunities to encourage and receive encouragement. :) So many `Christian' websites out there are so hostile! ???

Heavens

Hello to you ansd Welcome! Sorry that you left that other Christian Website. Since you are such great Kiwi they could have stood to be encouraged by you, they probable needed that and so do we.

Peace and Love Mrs. ??? ???

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2008,05:26)
    welcome,
    At least 6 or 8 friendly honest kiwis here.
    And myself.

Great to hear!

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 11 2008,16:16)

I'm hoping this is an inspirational, uplifting section full of opportunities to encourage

And I'm hoping that encouragement is one of your gifts!  We certainly could use more of that around here.

Welcome!

I wouldn't say I have a gift it's just that I'd rather encourage than discourage. Wouldn't everyone? I'd like to think so, but… :laugh:

Besides, somewhere in the Bible it says something about building them up and not tearing them down. :)

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 11 2008,17:45)

Hello to you ansd Welcome!  Sorry that you left that other Christian Website. Since you are such great Kiwi they could have stood to be encouraged by you, they probable needed that and so do we.

Peace and Love Mrs.  ???  ???

Quote (Heavens @ Feb. 11 2008,20:03)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 11 2008,17:45)

Hello to you ansd Welcome!  Sorry that you left that other Christian Website. Since you are such great Kiwi they could have stood to be encouraged by you, they probable needed that and so do we.

Peace and Love Mrs.  ???  ???

[/quote]

I didn't leave `Seek', the owner of the website closed the site down.

Personal circumstances and work commitments found them not being able to give the website all that it deserved.

Due to illness in my own family I was unable to take on, and keep the website going for my friend, like they would have liked.

Unfortunately, in the past, there had been a few members who didn't (or wouldn't) follow the `rules' and caused the owner of the site a lot of problems and upset many members. This made them reluctant to pass the reigns on to just anyone, so closure was inevitable.

Maybe it God's will? Maybe He thought it was time for everyone to spread their wings and find a new place to share?

Having seen how un-Christian some Christian sites out there can be I've decided to tread cautiously and look for a place of encouragement. :;):  Call me chicken…see if I care! :laugh:

I am sure this is not t8 now. Ha, ha

Peace and Love Mrs.

Cato
    Participant

Welcome,

I am sorry but I am one of the non-NZs here and am a new arrival (last month) myself.  I think you will find this an interesting site with a lot of encouragement and some challenges.  Yet it may be the challenges (we have our resident athiests) who provide some of the most interesting posts and give believers something to oppose and bounce ideas from. I myself often have a non-doctrinal view of Christianity yet feel comfortable with the more main stream as well as the more stringent evangelical views expressed here.  They all seem to be well meaning people who want to expand or discuss their views and opinions on Christianity and related spiritual concepts.  At least that's my humble opinion.

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 12 2008,03:32)

Peace and Love Mrs.

T8…? Sorry, I don't understand what this means. :)

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Feb. 12 2008,06:25)
    Welcome,

I am sorry but I am one of the non-NZs here and am a new arrival (last month) myself.  

Don't apologise, Cato – you can't help where you are from! :laugh:

I think it's great that forums are made up of people from all sorts of places and walks of life….but it's nice to have some of your own kind around otherwise who can you celebrate or commisserate with when the All Blacks win or lose?
    :;):

What part of the globe are you from?

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Feb. 12 2008,06:25)
    Yet it may be the challenges (we have our resident athiests) who provide some of the most interesting posts and give believers something to oppose and bounce ideas from.

Was an athiest myself, up until 2002. Most of my family were – some still are.

A few of my athiest friends still try to argue the point with me. Their argument is that they are right and I'm wrong – that they know the truth but I can't see it.

That is exactly what they accuse Christians of being like. :D

Quote (Heavens @ Feb. 12 2008,08:47)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 12 2008,03:32)

Peace and Love Mrs.

T8…?  Sorry, I don't understand what this means.  :)

T8 is the Owner of this Website and His Posting name is Heaven and t8. I think I got that right.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Heavens
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 12 2008,09:14)
    T8 is the Owner of this Website and His Posting name is Heaven and t8.

:( :( :(

I should probably change my name.

I've had a nosey around but can't see where I can amend my user-name.

I'll try and get T8 to amend it for me.

Thanks for explaining…..I thought you'd either hit a wrong key or were trying to tell me something in txt…! :D

Ha I love your Birds.

Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D :D

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account