Hell

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    berean2005
    Participant

Sheol and Hades is defined in Genesis through Revelation.

Parable's are filled with symbolism. If one does not understand Scripture, he will not understand the parables of Christ. Sometimes Christ explains parables in the Gospels, and sometimes His parables are left unexplained.

Why did Christ speak in parables?

So that people could NOT understand.

This parable has been badly interpreted by Human Tradition.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    What is confusing about this parable in Luke 16 about Hades? It is unusual because it describes a place in some detail and Jesus names it as Hades.It describes two places of waiting that are separated by a chasm and it is impossible to cross between the two sides. When you say we cannot understand it are you saying these places do not exist in the way Jesus has portrayed them?

Or are you saying the superficial and obvious things are not true and only some deep symbolic meanings are true. The problem with that is that in all the other parables that teach deeper things the simple things shown are also true-plants growing, seeds sown, family situations and relationship between kings and leaders and their servants etc. So you are denying the words of Jesus if you deny this parable.
    Jesus said parables were only hidden from those who are not part of the kingdom. Surely that does not apply to you too?

berean2005
    Participant

Who was the Rich Man ?

Who were his 'five' brothers ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    Is that all that confuses you? We do not know his name but he was rich and that is the important part. We also do not know the names of his brothers but we do know the name of the poor man, Lazarus.

berean2005
    Participant

Hi Nick,

So you have no idea who the Rich Man's five brothers are?

To be honest, I did not have any clue either, not knowing the Scriptures.

If one has a knowledge of Scripture, he would understand precisely who the five brothers are in Jesus' parable. Precisely.

NickHassan
    Participant

Really B?,
    Then who are the brothers and sisters of Jesus?

berean2005
    Participant

Anyone who repents of his sins and believes in Christ is a brother and sister of Christ.

Now, for my question, who are the 'Five Brothers' of the 'certain Rich Man' in Jesus' parable?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    What about his “natural family”-his half siblings?

I don't know the names of the brothers.Do you?

berean2005
    Participant

Yes, I know each one of the five brother's names, as well as the 'certain Rich Man's' name.

6 brothers, all named in Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    Well don't be coy. Who are they?

berean2005
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I have the Parable study posted at the link below:

http://www.berean2005.worldispnetwork.com/home.htm

When you have a chance take a look at the Parable study and let me know your thoughts on it.

In Jesus,

Berean2005

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Well, let's see … There is Hell, Michigan … Hell, Norway, and … Oh Yeah! Then there's that beautiful park on the outskirts of Jerusalem!

OH HELL!

Immortality of the Soul? (I Thessalonians 5:23)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (berean2005 @ June 29 2005,00:06)
    Hi Nick,

I have the Parable study posted at the link below:

http://www.berean2005.worldispnetwork.com/home.htm

When you have a chance take a look at the Parable study and let me know your thoughts on it.

In Jesus,

Berean2005

Hi B,
    Yes I have looked at your explanation of Hades but it differs from how the Master described it. You have allegorised a parable and I do not think we can do that. Would you allegorise trees and plants etc as not real too in other parables?
    I do not think you looked at Lk 16 to learn from it but to teach from it.

berean2005
    Participant

Thanks for that great link, Frank.

The word 'soul' and spirit' are in no way used in Scripture the way the pagans use the word 'soul' and 'spirit'.

What does 'soul' and 'spirit' mean in Scripture? All one needs to do is look at the 'context'. All one needs to do is look at the way the words are being used — THE WAY THEY ARE BEING USED.

Does 'soul' mean the 'IMMORTAL MAN' in Scripture? NO.

Does 'spirit' mean the IMMORTAL MAN' in Scripture? NO.

If anyone claims they are IMMORTAL and do not need Jesus Christ to be given immortality as a gift, that claim would be a lie.

The only way to receive immortality is to eat from the Tree of Life.

Again, thanks Frank for the link.

It's always better to go by Scripture's definition of words rather than having words defined by the Roman Catechism.

Paul teaches us that if there is no Resurrection of believers, then all who have fallen asleep believing in Christ would have PERISHED — never to live again.

No one believes there is any such thing as the END OF LIFE — this is the whole problem. No one believes that God GIVES life, and that God ENDS life. No matter how many MULTITUDES of times God tells us He ENDS LIFE, no one will believe it.

They would rather believe a lie.

The first lie.

This lie:

“You shall NOT surely die”. <—– Rome teaches that this 'quote' –this 'lie' — is absolute truth.

In Jesus,

Berean2005

berean2005
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Haven't you ever read the Scripture which says:

Mark 4:33-34
    With many such parables he spoke the word to them, as they were able to hear it. Without a parable he didn't speak to them; but privately to his own disciples he explained all things.

Privately the Parables were explained — privately. And they are still being explained privately to this very day.

A parable is a simple story that is used to teach an important lesson, truth or principle. Therefore, parables are filled with elements that have symbolic meanings. Jesus' parables were filled with such symbolic meanings. Sometimes certain parables are explained in detail as to what they specifically mean. However, many of Jesus' parables taught throughout the Gospels are not explained. The parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus is one such parable.

Example: Jesus tells the parable of the Sower, which is FILLED with symbols. Jesus then explains the parable, and all it's symbols, to His Disciples.

Some Parables are not explained, and are left for us to study and figure out.

Jesus spoke in Parables — He spoke using symbols — He spoke using figures of speech.

Matthew 13:36
    Then Jesus sent the multitudes away, and went into the house. His disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the darnel of the field.”

Matthew 15:15
    Peter answered him, “Explain the parable to us.”

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that a Disciple should not ask Jesus, “Lord, explain the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus to me.”

Why do you say that it is wrong for a Disciple to ask Jesus to explain the Parable?

Why is it wrong to ask Him?

In Jesus,

Berean2005

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    It is right to seek the answers from the Master. It is not right to take the words of the Master and allegorise them.
    Jeus said the man was “in Hades” and goes on to describe aspects of the place where he found himself. We know so little about these matters so why should we deny this description by explaining it away as symbolic words?

berean2005
    Participant

Ecclesiastes 9:4-6
    4For to him who is joined with all the living there is hope; for a living dog is better than a dead lion. 5For the living know that they will die, but the dead don't know anything, neither do they have any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6Also their love, their hatred, and their envy has perished long ago; neither have they any more a portion forever in anything that is done under the sun.

The dead don't know anything.

They are dead.

Really.

They are.

I know this might come as a big shock to Rome, but death actually means death.

Really.

It does.

Of course, Rome teaches death means life.

“You shall not surely die” <——the teaching of Rome, and the teaching of the father of lies.

I am guilty of being deceived by the 'first lie' myself, however. I am no better than anyone.

In Jesus,

Berean2005

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    Your argument is with the words of Jesus, not us.

berean2005
    Participant

Did Jesus teach the dead are 'asleep' or 'wide awake' ?

You teach the dead are wide awake, when Christ teaches they are not awake.

You are contradicting Him. Why?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi B,
    Was Lazarus awake?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account