Have a good testimony?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • Author

I JUST CANT WAIT FOR BETTER DAYS, THEN WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED HERE LATLEY.

PEAC AND LOVE MRSIM4TRUTH

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 15 2008,05:46)
    Today my Husband and I have been married 47 years. Our Love for each other is so much stronger then we first got married and I thank God for all the Blessing that He has bestowed upon us.
    We have 4 beautiful Children, 3 Sons all over 40 years old now, and one Daughter who is 35 years old. We have 6 Grandsons and One beautiful Grand daughter and 3 Step-Grandchildren. All of but one Grandsons are going to College, one has Graduated with Honor from College and is a High School Math Teacher and a Basketball Coach in a High School while his Wife is doing Her Internship. In July when She is finished She will have a Doctrine in Psychology and both will return to Cincinnati and they will both will be employed by the same School were our Grandson started out. He will teach High School Math. and be a Baseball Coach were He started out playing and got a Scholarship for College for. Then they will start a Family, I hope I will be around yet to see our Great-Granddaughter get born. I am reading this, I said Great-Granddaughter. Is that a vision into the future that would be something if that would come true. Our only Granddaughter is a Freshmen in the High School Were our Grandson will be teaching. Our youngest Grandson is 6 years old and will start School in September.
    We raised our Children in the Catholic Church and all went to Catholic Schools too. I do have to say in support of that, I find it was good in a sense that there were no Girls around when our boys went to High School and the discipline was outstanding.
    God also blessed us with material things. We worked hard and opened up our own Business and our Bakery Goods were outstanding and we had 5 Bakers working for us at one time. When God called us into the W.W.C. of God because of wanting to keep the Sabbath and all Holidays our Son took over the Shop. That was in 1985. That is when our walk with God with the new understanding that He had given us began. We were Baptized according to scripture and laid Hands on and received the Holy Spirit and were born again. We did not realize at the time what that truth was. Only later when we studied more did we understand it. But the day after our Baptism was amazing, I was sitting on the sewing machine and things did not go the way I wanted to go and I wad using foul language. The Holy Spirit let me know each time I did. I could not belief that it was I. I had gotten so used to talking like that, it became like second nature and I was mentally not aware of it. So I started out overcoming some of my faults. Each time I ask show me my faults, wow. Now I do not have to ask any more the Holy Spirit will let me know right away. I know Mandy might not believe this when I first became Seek and you will find and did not say who I was, I did started to feel bad right the way. I tried so hard to get my old users name back and I still don't know why I can't. It is funny I will go the website as IM4Truth, but then when I want to post I am seek and you will find. So much for that. So that is when I decided to stay that way and told everybody who I was. I am lucky that our Daughter has Her e-mail on our computer and so I was able to use that e-mail and was able to post again.
    We have snow today and it really sort of cold, but then it is winter.
    I am so thankful to God for calling me and that I can understand so many things now, even tho some do not agree with each other but one thing is true we all want what God wants. So I like to reach out to all and say I hope that God will bless everyone of you like He has blessed us for so long.

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth :D :D :D

Happy anniversary to you both!

Dan and I have been together for 16 years – compared to you and your husband we are newlyweds! :)

Enjoy your day and thanks for sharing this testimony, sis.

Love,
    Mandy

It would be wrong for me to rest my head and not testify on behalf of God and his goodness.  Well, like I said, he always rescues me at the last minute.  Everything I asked for is now given to me and I know I struggled with him alot before these past weeks for months but I learned that Christ wasn't lying when he said, “First seek the kingdom of heaven and anything you ask will be given to you.”  I guess most of the time, we forget the part where he said, “First seek the kingdom of heaven…”  

I've found that many people do hear the 'first seek..' part but not quite understand it because their hearts are so eager to recieve.  Their eagerness causes them to stumble over the former in which deprives them of the latter.  When financial problems came over me like a tsunami, my desperation, worries and anxiousness pushed me to pressure God in his deliverance.  When he didn't deliver, I became angry and lost hope and faith.  That experience made me realize that I didn't quite understand what it meant to be faithful in my faith in him.  God showed me that if I didn't have faith, it was impossible for me to be at peace, even if he had delivered me in my prayers.  An anxious, worried and desperate heart never has its fill; even when they are given what they need, for, they always end up needing more.  

I understand now that to truly be at peace within myself is not to be moved by trials and tribulations when they come.  I understand now that even if God didn't answer my prayers, it's more important for him that I be at peace within myself before there is peace on the outside, so that I am able to sustain it with what I have in my heart.  It is God's Love who truly sustains me; he keeps me still and teaches me to overcome by not getting frustrating and retaliating but to First, hold on to the kingdom of heaven.  Christ said, “forceful men lay hold of it…” and he taught me throughout the past several months to do just that.  If you find the kingdom of heaven, don't be like me who, in the beginning, let go of God after I got what I wanted; for, when more trials and tribulation comes, you'll realize you will need to find him again.  Rather, always keep him near you by doing what is just, loving your neighbor as yourself in complete fairness, mercy and love.  Christ said, “Remain in me and I will remain in you.”  For the past several weeks, I've been putting those words into practice and the more I do it, the more I am secure to the point where I realize I don't even have to ask God for anything, for, he already knows everything I need and want.  That, my friend, is real peace; wherefore, learn from my mistakes: FIRST, seek the kingdom of heaven AND learn to lay hold of it; then anything you ask will be given to you.

Blessings to all…Cindy

seekingtruth
    Participant

seeking the truth,
    Like the name… I agree with your post. It has taken years, but I now have peace (most the time anyways) despite much turmoil in my life, knowing that whatever happens is for my ultimate good.

Contentment and peace truly are great processions which I believe to be part of the “all these things will be added” referred to after the “seek yea first”.

Wm

Quote (seeking the truth @ Feb. 01 2008,03:19)
    It would be wrong for me to rest my head and not testify on behalf of God and his goodness.  Well, like I said, he always rescues me at the last minute.  Everything I asked for is now given to me and I know I struggled with him alot before these past weeks for months but I learned that Christ wasn't lying when he said, “First seek the kingdom of heaven and anything you ask will be given to you.”  I guess most of the time, we forget the part where he said, “First seek the kingdom of heaven…”  

I've found that many people do hear the 'first seek..' part but not quite understand it because their hearts are so eager to recieve.  Their eagerness causes them to stumble over the former in which deprives them of the latter.  When financial problems came over me like a tsunami, my desperation, worries and anxiousness pushed me to pressure God in his deliverance.  When he didn't deliver, I became angry and lost hope and faith.  That experience made me realize that I didn't quite understand what it meant to be faithful in my faith in him.  God showed me that if I didn't have faith, it was impossible for me to be at peace, even if he had delivered me in my prayers.  An anxious, worried and desperate heart never has its fill; even when they are given what they need, for, they always end up needing more.  

I understand now that to truly be at peace within myself is not to be moved by trials and tribulations when they come.  I understand now that even if God didn't answer my prayers, it's more important for him that I be at peace within myself before there is peace on the outside, so that I am able to sustain it with what I have in my heart.  It is God's Love who truly sustains me; he keeps me still and teaches me to overcome by not getting frustrating and retaliating but to First, hold on to the kingdom of heaven.  Christ said, “forceful men lay hold of it…” and he taught me throughout the past several months to do just that.  If you find the kingdom of heaven, don't be like me who, in the beginning, let go of God after I got what I wanted; for, when more trials and tribulation comes, you'll realize you will need to find him again.  Rather, always keep him near you by doing what is just, loving your neighbor as yourself in complete fairness, mercy and love.  Christ said, “Remain in me and I will remain in you.”  For the past several weeks, I've been putting those words into practice and the more I do it, the more I am secure to the point where I realize I don't even have to ask God for anything, for, he already knows everything I need and want.  That, my friend, is real peace; wherefore, learn from my mistakes: FIRST, seek the kingdom of heaven AND learn to lay hold of it; then anything you ask will be given to you.

Blessings to all…Cindy

Hi Cindy I like your Post and it reminds me of some of the things that I believe most Christians will go through. Without our trials and tribulation we could not growm I think. Seek and you will find, is one of my favorite lines. God's Holy Spirit will always show us were we are going wrong. Since we are the Temple of God and God and His Son lives in us, we need to keep that Temple clean. We will still sin, but sin is not imputed to us, we are under Christ's Blood. Hold fast which is good, till He comes again. Christ has promised us that the Father has given us to Christ and He will not let us go. Praise God.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Amen Mrs..

Great is God's unfailing love; he encourages the broken hearted and forms them to be his sceptor; he hears the contrite in heart and wastes no time in binding them with his mercy.  May I never fail to give praises to God Almighty, for, he has blessed me with his splendor and gave me a promise of Eternity; I will not be shaken with trials and tribulations or  fear things I may not understand.  Blessed is the One who protects me; the Lord is my Shield and my Sword!

When I had gone astray, the Lord rebuked me; his rebuke called me back to righteousness.  He was considerate of my weaknesses, he remembered the fragility of my spirit and with gentle discipline, I was brought back to him safetly, without harm.  How he is mindful of the little ones as well as those great!  He never judges men by their standards; only through love, mercy and grace, does he pardon men of their deeds.  My Source of Life lights my soul with his presence always; the Lord has manefested into my spirit.

I gave to him, my hopes and handed over my inmost desires; he comforts me in reassurance that I will not be disappointed.  When I dream, the Lord blesses me with good visions of the future; he has shown me how he had blessed me!  No one is able to count the goodness of the Lord; yet his days of wrath are few, wherefore, who can speak against his Grace?

We need to always remember we  dwell in the House of God and the Temple is made complete within us.  Glory to God Almighty!  'And the glory is ours to give to the Lord!'

Blessings  to you…

Seeking truth..

I'm glad you've found peace, the  stillness in the soul, a calm unrebellious heart laid down in humility.  There is one thing that guides a man directly to peace; something that God has taught me to do within myself and I share with you now.  I know I've said it recently and  I say it again:  Love is without judgment.

There is nothing that moves a spirit to rage, to powerlessness, to hatred and restlessness more than judgment itself.  'Whoever judges condemns himself,' this much is very true and you can feel it murdering your heart.  It's hard to close our eyes and ears to the troubles that occurs daily in and out of our house; in and out of our hearts.  It hurts to face our own crucifixions, let alone witness the suffering of loved ones.  We judge the very things we don't understand and what we do understand, we use that knowledge to retaliate instead of bringing peace.  Understanding and knowledge atones the sins of men but those who use knowledge and understanding to condemn men is guilty of judgment.  

Fire is an extremely sensitive substance, it's moved easily even by a slightest breath; a desire is even more vulnerable and is quickly stirred even by a single faintest thought.  What did Christ come to do?  Ah, to baptize with both fire and water: A Holy Spirit of fire- to swallow old desires and create a new; and a Holy Spirit of water- to quench the new desires of the things they hunger and thirst for.  Jesus Christ brings peace; he brings balance so that no one will condemn anymore with judgment but will condemn one another with God's Love.

Blessings to you..

Quote (seeking the truth @ Feb. 01 2008,08:57)
    Amen Mrs..

Great is God's unfailing love; he encourages the broken hearted and forms them to be his sceptor; he hears the contrite in heart and wastes no time in binding them with his mercy.  May I never fail to give praises to God Almighty, for, he has blessed me with his splendor and gave me a promise of Eternity; I will not be shaken with trials and tribulations or  fear things I may not understand.  Blessed is the One who protects me; the Lord is my Shield and my Sword!

When I had gone astray, the Lord rebuked me; his rebuke called me back to righteousness.  He was considerate of my weaknesses, he remembered the fragility of my spirit and with gentle discipline, I was brought back to him safetly, without harm.  How he is mindful of the little ones as well as those great!  He never judges men by their standards; only through love, mercy and grace, does he pardon men of their deeds.  My Source of Life lights my soul with his presence always; the Lord has manefested into my spirit.

I gave to him, my hopes and handed over my inmost desires; he comforts me in reassurance that I will not be disappointed.  When I dream, the Lord blesses me with good visions of the future; he has shown me how he had blessed me!  No one is able to count the goodness of the Lord; yet his days of wrath are few, wherefore, who can speak against his Grace?

We need to always remember we  dwell in the House of God and the Temple is made complete within us.  Glory to God Almighty!  'And the glory is ours to give to the Lord!'

Blessings  to you…

Seeking truth..

I'm glad you've found peace, the  stillness in the soul, a calm unrebellious heart laid down in humility.  There is one thing that guides a man directly to peace; something that God has taught me to do within myself and I share with you now.  I know I've said it recently and  I say it again:  Love is without judgment.

There is nothing that moves a spirit to rage, to powerlessness, to hatred and restlessness more than judgment itself.  'Whoever judges condemns himself,' this much is very true and you can feel it murdering your heart.  It's hard to close our eyes and ears to the troubles that occurs daily in and out of our house; in and out of our hearts.  It hurts to face our own crucifixions, let alone witness the suffering of loved ones.  We judge the very things we don't understand and what we do understand, we use that knowledge to retaliate instead of bringing peace.  Understanding and knowledge atones the sins of men but those who use knowledge and understanding to condemn men is guilty of judgment.  

Fire is an extremely sensitive substance, it's moved easily even by a slightest breath; a desire is even more vulnerable and is quickly stirred even by a single faintest thought.  What did Christ come to do?  Ah, to baptize with both fire and water: A Holy Spirit of fire- to swallow old desires and create a new; and a Holy Spirit of water- to quench the new desires of the things they hunger and thirst for.  Jesus Christ brings peace; he brings balance so that no one will condemn anymore with judgment but will condemn one another with God's Love.

Blessings to you..

Bump

This is so sad, but aslso funny. My Daughters dog got sprayed by a Skunk and Her whole House smells after a skunk. Even our Grandson's cloth. The School called and He had to go Home because He smellt so bad. My Husband picked Him up and everybody was laughing about it. My Daughter is still cleaning the House. Funny and sad at the same time, so please pray for Her to have patience. God love them.
    Peace and Love Mrs.:blues: :blues: :cool:

Not3in1
    Participant

Oh, dear! This is sad and funny! I've heard that is one smell that just stays with you for a while……poor things.

Will pray for them, Irene!
    Mandy

Lightenup
    Participant

Hello to all,
    This is my introductory post.  I live in the Bible belt of America or maybe I should say the 'trinity belt'.  I have 5 kids from 11 to 21 from one husband of 26 years.  I have homeschooled them for the most part and have taught them to think for themselves, take every thought captive to the word of God and not just accept things.  I grew up accepting the trinity doctrine but once was asked what it meant that Jesus was the “firstborn of all creation”.  At that point I wanted to know only what the Holy Spirit would teach me through the Bible regarding that question.  I became surrendered to the idea that maybe the trinity doctrine wasn't what the Bible taught and hence began reading the Bible anew.  During that first month of my question before God, I believe that He whispered the clue to the answer in my left ear.  And the answer is very simple if my understanding is correct.  Wow, that changed things!  As of 15 years ago I became a non-trinitarian married to a trinitarian and didn't plan on that happening when I was a newlywed.  Oh well, God has plans for that too.

Presently, my family and I attend weekly services with a Baptist organization.  They teach that the Bible is without error and recognize the Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  So, I do have somethings in common but I would like to be around people of like-mindedness that believe that Jesus is the son of God and our God but not equal to His Father who is the Most High God. Also, I do not live under the old covenant but the new covenant i.e. I do not feel that cooperate worship needs to take place neccessarily on the seventh day nor do I observe Jewish feasts (although they are important to know about).  I enjoy celebrating the birth of Christ (which is a Biblical event worth celebrating) annually on Dec. 25th eventhough He was most likely born in September or October.  If the exact date was important then it would be specified in God's word.

I hope to have a wonderful fellowship with those who are willing and that I would be a blessing to this group.

One of my favorite verses is:
    Matt 11:28-30

28 ” Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30 “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
    NASU
    Soooo…lightenup!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lightenup and welcome,
    We enjoy trawling through sacred scripture open to what God can show us.
    I think one principle is that important verses have witnesses to them and can be relied on as proven.

2Cor 13[which has witnesses]
    1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Also context must be considered. We do not all have to take up our beds and walk and neither do questions about the OT law directed to Jesus apply to thos outside of that Law-the gentiles.

Enjoy yourself and we await your posts.

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 22 2008,08:13)
    Hello to all,
    This is my introductory post.  I live in the Bible belt of America or maybe I should say the 'trinity belt'.  I have 5 kids from 11 to 21 from one husband of 26 years.  I have homeschooled them for the most part and have taught them to think for themselves, take every thought captive to the word of God and not just accept things.  I grew up accepting the trinity doctrine but once was asked what it meant that Jesus was the “firstborn of all creation”.  At that point I wanted to know only what the Holy Spirit would teach me through the Bible regarding that question.  I became surrendered to the idea that maybe the trinity doctrine wasn't what the Bible taught and hence began reading the Bible anew.  During that first month of my question before God, I believe that He whispered the clue to the answer in my left ear.  And the answer is very simple if my understanding is correct.  Wow, that changed things!  As of 15 years ago I became a non-trinitarian married to a trinitarian and didn't plan on that happening when I was a newlywed.  Oh well, God has plans for that too.

Presently, my family and I attend weekly services with a Baptist organization.  They teach that the Bible is without error and recognize the Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  So, I do have somethings in common but I would like to be around people of like-mindedness that believe that Jesus is the son of God and our God but not equal to His Father who is the Most High God. Also, I do not live under the old covenant but the new covenant i.e. I do not feel that cooperate worship needs to take place neccessarily on the seventh day nor do I observe Jewish feasts (although they are important to know about).  I enjoy celebrating the birth of Christ (which is a Biblical event worth celebrating) annually on Dec. 25th eventhough He was most likely born in September or October.  If the exact date was important then it would be specified in God's word.

I hope to have a wonderful fellowship with those who are willing and that I would be a blessing to this group.

One of my favorite verses is:
    Matt 11:28-30

28 ” Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  29 “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  30 “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
    NASU
    Soooo…lightenup!

Welcome Lightenup. 5 Kids you sure have your hands full. We are glad that you want to share in fellowship, I really like that.
    Since your Husband still believes in the trinity is that causing you any problems? It is has to be hard for you.
    Wish you all the best.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

From Tim4
    Written in another thread.
    Hi Kejohn,
    I will give you one, but it is rather long. I took some time to type all of this. I hope that you take the time to read it all because it is the combination of a string of minor miracles that make up the real miracle.

Just 2 years ago my wife overdosed on some prescription pain killers.
    I left her in bed that morning thinking that she was sleeping.
    I did not want to wake her because she suffers with migraine headaches
    When I returned home about 10 hours later I found her still laying in the
    same position as when I had left her. She had no discernable pulse, and was totally unresponsive. I thought that she was dead.

I called 911 and the first responder tried to revive her and was unable.
    He did say that she was alive, but barely. Her oxygen level was so low that they weren’t sure that she would survive the trip to the hospital.

She did, but she was in a coma. Within a week her condition had worsened if that was possible. She was still in a coma, had pneumonia in both lungs and sepsis had set in.
    The doctors were starting to talk to me about considering removal from life support.
    They said that even if she survived, she would likely be brain dead from lack of oxygen.

Now here is where the “coincidences” started.
    Please continue to read of the entire string of coincidences and determine for yourself if there was any miracle involved.

As I was sitting by her bed, in total despair, thinking about whether I could make a decision to turn off systems that were keeping her alive, a man appeared on the television set. It was in the middle of some other programming that I was not even paying attention to. But it was odd. This man was dressed in a clergy type outfit. You know, the ones with the collar and little white thing in front. And he talked for only about two minutes about how precious life was. And how no one had the right to decide to take that life, except for God. This was not a commercial. It was not part of any religious programming. It just for no apparent reason appeared in the middle of some other show.
    Well that was my answer on removing life support. My wife however was still near death.
    If she was going to die, it was going to be God’s choice.

I hope you are still with me. There is much more.
    As I was returning to my home that night to take care of my ailing mother who was
    living with my wife and I, I was very despondent. As I passed by our local church I noticed that the lights were on, even though it was very late at night. ( coincidence #2) I almost turned in to the parking lot for some spiritual consolation but drove on past. I did not even know any one in that church. I just felt a compelling need to stop there, but I did not.
    The very next morning I got a call from an old friend that I hadn’t heard from for a long time. As I told him what was going on he mentioned that he was a member of the church that I had passed by the night before and that they would pray for my wife and Me.
    ( coincidence #3)

Later that day I got a notice that someone from where I had retired heard about my wife from the prayer group at this little church and that their prayer chain was going to pray for her.
    (coincidence # 4) This was even stranger when you consider that I live 100 miles from the large company from which I retired and have not been in touch with anybody there since my retirement eight years ago.

When I returned to the hospital I was sitting by my wife’s bed talking to her as I did every day. Even thought she was in a coma I have heard that comatose people can sometimes hear what is going on around them. All of a sudden she clinched her eyes and one tear ran down her cheek. Nothing more. But that was more than anyone had seen since her overdose. (coincidence #5) That this happened the very day that more than 100 people were praying for her. Some people might say so. Before the day was over she had opened her eyes and was responding to questions.

This awakening was considered unusual by her doctors, but not a miracle. Other comatose people had awakened spontaneously from comas before. And after all, she was still near death because her organs had started shutting down because of the sepsis. She still had pneumonia. And the doctors still were not sure that she could recover.

When the doctors started calling it a miracle was when she was recovered enough to be released from intensive care unit within two days of her waking up. The intensive care nurses said that they had never witnessed that rapid of a recovery in all of their years of nursing, by a patient as sick as my wife had been.

Wait there is more. She was released to a rehab hospital to wean her off of the ventilator and stomach feeding tubes and get any rehabilitation that they could give her to help her learn to walk and function again. Seeing her condition, the rehab evaluation person said that it could take five or six months before she was able to come home again.
    Exactly one week later she walked out of the hospital and we went home. She still had the stomach feeding tube in her stomach. She still had a large gaping hole in her throat from the removed trache tube. But she walked to the car under her own power.
    Every nurse there that had seen her on arrival said that this was the most miraculous recovery they had ever witnessed.

I witnessed an even more miraculous recovery though. It was the change in her. Before this ordeal she was a non believer. In fact a little bit of a hell raiser. She is a totally different person now. I can see the changes that God has made in her. I don’t believe that she would or could have made those changes herself.

I hope that I didn’t bore you. This turned out to be much longer than I expected.

I hope that Mandy forgives me for going so far off of her topic in this thread.

What do you think kejohn. Was all of this merely a long string of coincidences.
    I don’t think so. I praise God.

Tim

Samuel
    Participant

I was going to die sitting at home playing Online Video Games.

GOD woke me up in the middle of the night one night and I stood in the Kitchen and thought I was having a Heart Attack…

I remember I could hear a voice almost asking me…”Is this the way you want to go out?”
    I went to the emergency room and my blood pressure was 294 over 120.

I was having a panic attack…I almost died, probably of an aneurysm…and he had mercy on my life and my soul.

I quit dipping, playing those video games…and everything.

Now the only problem that I have is my temper….I do not work well under pressure, at work, or at all. I have ADHD…really really BAD. I can't do more than one thing at once at all and if I start something I have to finish it before I start something else.

I get so mad…mainly at myself. And it seems like people expect me to be able to do everything that 10 people do.

So…I'm still praying about that. But I don't cuss anymore either.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    Pray for peace.
    Phil4
    4Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Quote (Samuel @ Mar. 26 2008,07:53)
    I was going to die sitting at home playing Online Video Games.

GOD woke me up in the middle of the night one night and I stood in the Kitchen and thought I was having a Heart Attack…

I remember I could hear a voice almost asking me…”Is this the way you want to go out?”
    I went to the emergency room and my blood pressure was 294 over 120.

I was having a panic attack…I almost died, probably of an aneurysm…and he had mercy on my life and my soul.

I quit dipping, playing those video games…and everything.

Now the only problem that I have is my temper….I do not work well under pressure, at work, or at all.   I have ADHD…really really BAD.   I can't do more than one thing at once at all and if I start something I have to finish it before I start something else.

I get so mad…mainly at myself.  And it seems like people expect me to be able to do everything that 10 people do.

So…I'm still praying about that.   But I don't cuss anymore either.

Hi Samuel!  We have a Son and Grandson who have ADHD. Our Grandson is on Medication for it since He was 6yeasrs old, He is 20 years old now and doing quit well and wants to become a Film Director. He is in a lot of plays and has a really nice Singing Voice. Our Son never took any Medication. He is a very happy person and drives a Truck for a Gasoline Com. Very dangerous Job and pays quit well.
    Our Son did go through a period when drugs were involved. But He worked Himself out of that. I tried my best to help Him in those days. So it looks like we all have had our problems.
    God is good ansd will help us if we ask. Amd that i did and still do.
    I will pray for all of us and may God Bless us and keep us. Amen

Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. Samuel don't be so hard on yourself, we all are sinners and fall  short of the glory of God. Don't look at others what they want you to do, look at what God wants you to do. God has died for all of us. Not just them.

Thought about this for awhile, if I should share this with you. I do not want any pity or praise or nothing. Just maybe it helps some that are having a hard time.
    This story goes way back to 1938-1940-44. I was born in 1938 and Hitler was already reigning. My Mother told us all, since I was to young to remember all. I just remember that I felt so scared all the time. I was an only child and my Father had gone to war. They had no choice. If they complained they too ended up where some of our Jewish Neighbors ended up. It happened and we never saw them again. We had no idea where they went. Then came the day when we heard that my Grandmother was on that list, because She had Asthma. We feared for Her live. I loved Her so, and the fear is something that I have never overcome. I hate to be alone. I have already slept in a Van next to the Bakery we owned, because I was to scared to sleep at Home. Then came the bombing. Running for our lives on a daily basis, was another fear we had to endure. One day we did not hear the sirens and my Mother and I ran into our back yard under some bushes. It was safer there, then in the House. Bombs were dropping all next to us, but by the grace of God we survived. I was so bad that my Mother send me to and Island in the Atlantic Ocean. My Uncle was stationed there, for whatever reason there wad no bombing there. Fear is not of God and I have worked with that for a long time. It however has never left me. Oh, I do stay by myself at times. But I always lock myself into my Bedroom. I have asked God, please do not leave me alone anymore and for the most part God has answered that prayer. Since we came to America, my Live has been wonderful. And I am forever thankful to God for all the material things and spiritual things, that He has bestowed upon us. Timothy we wore Wooden-Shoes after the war. They were rather hard, so we always wear big socks with them. Socks that were homemade. I even learned how to knit socks and gloves in School. Our lives have been a life of Love, sorrow, frightful, and happiness. We have learned to take the bad with the good. Trust in God and all will turn out for you.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Participant

Hi Mrs.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I am sorry that you had to go through this ordeal, but I am glad that God has seen you through all of this. Remember when you fear that He has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you”. With God and our Lord Jesus you are never alone.

God Bless you and your family

Quote (942767 @ June 10 2008,09:07)
    Hi Mrs.

Thanks for sharing this with us.  I am sorry that you had to go through this ordeal, but I am glad that God has seen you through all of this.  Remember when you fear that He has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you”.  With God and our Lord Jesus you are never alone.

God Bless you and your family

Thank you, I have learned a lot since my childhood, but somethings we will never forget. We have been so blessed now, being under Christ's Blood we are save. For that I am forever thankful to Almighty God for.
    Peace and Love Mrs.
    P.S. Fear is a bad evil, not easy to overcome, tho.

Not3in1
    Participant

Wow, Irene, your life as a child reminds me of the movie Narnia – have you seen it? The children were shipped off somewhere where there was no bombing.

Oh my goodness, I just cannot even imagine the fear. I struggle with fear also, and so I understand you. But having lived through the era is just amazing. You must have a lot of other stories to share? Maybe talking about them will help you? I'd love to hear them….

Love,
    Mandy

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account