Have a good testimony?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Author

Dear rejoycesing,

I am asking you wait before joining the JW. For they are a reliable religion. There doctrine is unsound. I have debated many and they do not sand against God's word. I pray you read and follow this forum, for you will learn much.

Most of religion has been corrupted for centuries. The poison of lies has created a moutain of false doctrines along with false churches. And it started around the time of the trinity doctrine. Please, becoming a JW is not the answer you are looking for. It would be better you go no place at all, as many on this forum. You will find that many here do not have a church, because they can't find one that speaks the truth.

I believe the Lord has led many here. I believe this may be considered church. Jesus said where two or more are gathered in my name, I am there also. Yet, I would not suggest that one refrain from church. God forbid. But it should look like the church in the bible. It should bare the signs of Mark 16.

david
    Participant

It should bare the signs of Mark 16.

Yes, if picking up serpents and drinking poison is your thing, listen to H.
    It should be noted that certain ancient manuscripts (ACD) and versions (VgSyc,p) add the long conclusion, (which includes the drinking poison) but which אBSysArm omit.

You will find that H is a great supporter of the KJV, believing it is infallible and the only infallibe Bible. Notice what the KJV says:
    Mark 16:17, 18, KJ: “These signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”

These verses appear in certain Bible manuscripts and versions of the fifth and sixth centuries C.E. But they do not appear in the older Greek manuscripts, the Sinaiticus and Vatican MS. 1209 of the fourth century. Dr. B. F. Westcott, an authority on Bible manuscripts, said that “the verses . . . are no part of the original narrative but an appendage.” (An Introduction to the Study of the Gospels, London, 1881, p. 338) Bible translator Jerome, in the fifth century, said that “almost all the Greek codices [are] without this passage.” (The Last Twelve Verses of the Gospel According to S. Mark, London, 1871, J. W. Burgon, p. 53) The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967) says: “Its vocabulary and style differ so radically from the rest of the Gospel that it hardly seems possible Mark himself composed it [that is, verses 9-20].” (Vol. IX, p. 240)

There is no record that early Christians either drank poison or handled serpents to prove they were believers.

I am asking you wait before joining the JW

No one just joins the JW's. You can't just walk up to them and say: “I want to join.”

For they are a reliable religion.

Reliable? I guess that's a …. good thing? Is reliable good? Or do you mean you can rely on them to be like other religions? They are not like other religions.

I have debated many and they do not sand against God's word.

I would like to debate that we do so “sand against God's word.” I think you may have meant to say that we don't “sTand fOR God's word.”

I can see why they would find it hard to debate you.

I'm wondering what others think of the signs of Mark 16. Is there a thread for that?

David,

I love you brother, but you must understand. Your religion is not of God. Please do me this as a friend if anything. Forget about bible translations or the words of men. I am going to post something that just may help you and many understand some things. The Lord gave me a word of knowledge and it blew me away. And I believe it will bring us all together on this group. Especially since we all disagee that the trinity doctrine is unsound. So be patient with me. Let this matter, as I said before, be settled in doctrine.

I have friends who are JW. I will give you a one scipture the Lord gave me the other night that proves that the souls of all are with the Lord and will come with him on the say of the rapture. Do you remember me telling you that God the Father made the Son God over all of creation.

1 Thess. 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.

Notice this verse. See where it says, that God will bring those who have fallen asleep with him. Now if you read the rest of the scripture, it is talking about the rapture. When Jesus comes for the church, the souls of those who have died are with him. The proof of this is in verse 14. I know the JW do that when one dies, they cease to exist. That is not true. Anyway. Watch for my post on Thess. I think you will find it interesting. The Lord has given me something powerful.

15 For this we tell you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left to the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with God's trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first,

17 then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever.

kenrch
    Participant

OLD MEN WILL HAVE DREAMS

I am on a fixed income. Yesterday I received a letter stating that My health insurance will be going up and I mean up like 150%. When I went to bed last night this and other things were on my mind:

The dream:
    I was walking with someone, someone I knew and was very comfortable with. It was at night and I was cold. HE said to me you are cold I said yes HE said come with me. We went to HIS home which was nothing special a regular may be by today standards less than moderate home. HE went inside and came out with a jacket for me. When I put it on I was warm all over. We walked and came to another house that on the outside looked rundown but on the inside was warm and comfortable. We walked more and again came to another home again not so pretty but warm and comfortable on the inside. And again we walked and came to another home it was the same as the others very nice and warm on the inside. When I woke I noticed that the covers on the bed were as though it were just made. I felt like a baby kangaroo in it's mother's pouch. Well rested and at peace.
    The message:
    Jesus while on earth had no place to lay His head but His Father made Him comfortable. The Father takes care of whom He loves. It may not be to the world the most beautiful but on the inside His children will be taken cared of. If Jesus abides in you then don't fear the world for Jesus has overcome the world. Seek not the things of the world but only Him who owns the world and be secure in knowing that you will be warm and comfortable no matter what the world does. No one has a greater friend than one who gives His life for him.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that kenrch.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Sounds as though you are walking with the Lord and among His people but he wants to give you more comfort and joy here than you do not yet know. God will equip you further for that journey if you seek more from Him. And you have a home awaiting you where you will content in God's family forever.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 13 2006,22:42)
    Hi kenrch,
    Sounds as though you are walking with the Lord and among His people but he wants to give you more comfort and joy here than you do not yet know. God will equip you further for that journey if you seek more from Him. And you have a home awaiting you where you will content in God's family forever.

Amen Nick! That's the way I interpreted the dream also. When I awoke, it was the most restful and certainly the most peaceful sleep I ever had. Thank you Jesus!

kenrch
    Participant

A pervert was on this site so I thought I'd play police and save everyone from viewing bad trash. Some people don't know there is a God. But I have news for them they believe in Satan! It's either or there is no “MY WAY”!

NickHassan
    Participant

]
    Hi kenrch,
    Perversion is a direct result of idolatry as Romans 1 shows.
    We must know and worship the God who is revealed in the bible.
    We are made in His image.
    The problem arises when men would make God in their image, according to the folly of their human imaginations, such as trinity.
    It is no surprise then that the Harlot is known for her perversions and evil practices.

Rom 1.21f
    ” 21For even though they knew God, they did not [a]honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became (A)futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22(B)Professing to be wise, they became fools,

23and Âexchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

24Therefore (D)God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be (E)dishonored among them.

25For they exchanged the truth of God for a (F)lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, (G)who is blessed forever. Amen.

26For this reason (H)God gave them over to (I)degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, (J)men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, (K)God gave them over to a depraved mind, ….”

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 15 2006,22:25)
    ]
    Hi kenrch,
    Perversion is a direct result of idolatry as Romans 1 shows.
    We must know and worship the God who is revealed in the bible.
    We are made in His image.
    The problem arises when men would make God in their image, according to the folly of their human imaginations, such as trinity.
    It is no surprise then that the Harlot is known for her perversions and evil practices.

Rom 1.21f
    ”  21For even though they knew God, they did not [a]honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became (A)futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22(B)Professing to be wise, they became fools,

23and ©exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

24Therefore (D)God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be (E)dishonored among them.

25For they exchanged the truth of God for a (F)lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, (G)who is blessed forever. Amen.

26For this reason (H)God gave them over to (I)degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, (J)men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, (K)God gave them over to a depraved mind, ….”

I'm certainly not surprised.  I just wanted it off the board, that's all ???

Luk 17:26  And as it came to pass in the days of Noah, even so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
    Luk 17:27  They ate, they drank, they married, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

Look! We are in “as the days of Noah”  wonder where the Nephilims are? :)

Dear kenrch,

As always brother, you walk with the Lord. It is a wonderful thing to walk with Christ awake. I don't know of very many that walk with Christ in their dreams. How many can say they do that? That is having Christ living in you. Praise God.

kenrch
    Participant

It was a blessing Brother H. But Now I'm looking for another visit every night LOL! :)

It is a blessing to walk Christ, talk Christ, dream Christ. I love waking in the morning with God's Words in my mouth.

The next time you are struting around in your dreams with the savior of mankind, come get me brother.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 17 2006,23:01)
    It is a blessing to walk Christ, talk Christ, dream Christ. I love waking in the morning with God's Words in my mouth.

The next time you are struting around in your dreams with the savior of mankind, come get me brother.

That's the bummer of this whole thing.  We can't say “ok Jesus I would like a visit from you at 11:48 PM so Brother H and I can visit with you” LOL!  He doesn't do things for our entertainment.  To spite what the churches of today teach HE controls us and not the other way around.

I love Him so!  And I want to GO! But it is not I but HE who will decide when.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I was a very traditional catholic, a daily mass goer. Traditional to the core I became aware of my emptiness. Drawn to the light and Joy in Christ I was reborn, and now safe on the rock my previous foundations were examined with the help of my Teacher. The traditional doctrines that I had given support to became as dust in my mouth and I was unable to defend them and their deficiencies according to the Word. I came here searching for why trinity did not fit with a loving God that I had come to know. Nothing has changed but my understandings have strengthened and I now know there is no light to be found there.

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks, Nick. I never would have guessed you were a Catholic. That must have been difficult to give up that community? I know that for my Catholic friends – going to Mass and all the events of the Catholic calendar play very much a part in their daily lives.

For me, I have been raised in the Assembly of God church. I went into full-time ministry after Bible College and toured with a Christian band. My husband got tired of the weekends away from home and I left the ministry so that we could start a family. My kids love to play instruments and sing – now I have my own little band :)

One day back in 2003 the JW's came to my door. They said, “You know, the Trinity isn't true.” Well, I was just floored. I said, “It most certainly is!” And that was the end of that. I decided that I would sit down to a deligent/critical study of the Trinity. I wanted to be ready when they came back….. Well, I sat down to find the Trinity in scripture but never could. I've been studying the subject every since.

It has been difficult to leave mainstream Christianity for me. Most of my ministry buddies won't talk to me anymore. And I have been called a cultist and heritic by most of the Christians that are in my family. Still, I press in to know God and his Son, Jesus Christ. I would sacrifice it all to have God. I've considered what I have found compared to what I have lost………and it's all good.

Participant

Hi All:

The individual who held the title of Bishop of the church where I expect to be ordained as Bishop was asked to leave the church, and is now working as a security guard for me.  Perhaps, the Lord is clearing the way for me to go back to the church to be ordained as their Bishop, but I am not anticipating when this will take place.  I only know that he showed me that I would be ordained as a Bishop over the church.  I will keep you posted.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Would it matter if you were not chosen?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 04 2007,10:03)
    Hi 94,
    Would it matter if you were not chosen?

Hi Nick:

No it wouldn't matter.  If God wants to use me this way or that, that is His business.  I am content to be where ever he wants me, and what ever he wants me to be.

Like I said, I'll keep you posted.

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. Is this church where you hope to serve a Catholic church? Is a Bishop the same as a Pastor? Forgive my ignorance, please. Do you have to wear a robe? See, I have a problem with the robes and all the pomp and circumstance stuff (I think Jesus did, too). :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account