Have a good testimony?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    ibelievenz
    Participant

Hi there everyone. I am launching a website to spread the word of Christianity in New Zealand. If you have a good testimony you would like to share with the rest of new zealnd please email me.
    [email protected]

Also, it would be great if you could sign our websites 'I Beleive' guestbook to say that you have accepted Jesus into your life.

God Bless!

ibelievenz
    Participant

Forgot to say this is the address to sign the guestbook.
    I Believe NZ

Cheers.

I have been
    married for over 20 years and I have two sons. My entire life has
    been surrounded by God for as far as I can remember. When I was a
    child, God came to me in my dreams and would call of me. In my
    dreams, I would follow his voice until I was in the middle of a
    field. God would come down to me from out of heaven and speak with
    me. Now, his appearance was that of something a child less then 5
    could associate with. Don't laugh, but it was like a slinky. At the
    end of the slinky was his face. He would come down and we would
    talk. I don't remember what we spoke of, but I do remember that when
    I started kindergarden Sunday school, the women were amazed about my
    understanding of God.
    My hunger to know God continued as I got older, but the dreams
    ceased. When I got my first bible and was able to read, I would go
    into my room and shut my door and read. I didn't understand it, but
    I just felt close to God when I read it. Anyway, at the age of 15, I
    was invited to a youth for Christ getaway at the YMCA and it was
    there I was born again. It was such a powerful conversion. I was so
    excited to get home and tell my parents, but became crushed when
    they didn't care. They said maybe I will mind them better now.
    Anyway, I continued going to church, but it was not alivb and
    because the living word was not being preached, I began to starve in
    the faith. At 19, I met a girl who was very beautiful and got
    married. I was still trying to work out my faith, but was ignorant
    in the faith. I prayed that God would show me a church he wanted me
    to attend and I it has been my church ever since. My wife didn't
    have the same enthusiasm as I did when it came to God and we began
    having trouble in our marriage. Now, my faith had grown strong, very
    strong. Here is a for instance. The place I worked had an area that
    was like a huge room with many windows. Birds would fly in and would
    not be able to find their way back out. This room was always filled
    with sulfer gas. The birds that got trapped would end up dying
    because of the gas. This one day, I was in this room taking readings
    when I noticed a bird had flown in. So, I tried to catch it. After
    about the third unsuccessful attempt, I gave up. I became sad and
    went back to my readings. After awhile, I see the bird fly out of
    the corner of my eye. I turned and it was about 25 feet from me. It
    was then I felt the unction of the Holy Spirit move within me. I
    prayed, Father God, I don't believe you want this small creature to
    die in this place so I ask you help me catch it. I said, satan, I
    rebuke the fear you have in this small creature of God's and I
    command it to be gone in the name of Jesus. The bird, flew until it
    was about four feet in front of me. It then hopped until it was
    about two feet behind me. Now, I can remember thinking like a man in
    that not to make any sudden movements so as not to scare the bird. I
    looked at the bird and it was looking at me as if to say, what are
    you waiting for stupid, set me free. I reached down, picked it up
    and let it outside.

Now, back to this strong faith that could not hold my marriage
    together. I never understood why my faith didn't save my marriage
    until about 3 years ago when God finally told me. He told me that
    she was my pick for a wife, not his pick. Talk about being blown
    away. Now, my wife I am married to now was an answer to a prayer. I
    was tired of the dating scene so I asked the Lord to help me find a
    wife which he did. She is my soulmate.

Now for the rest of my faith and somethings God has done to reveal
    himself, I will just speak of the biggest. We were having a new
    church built and as preparations were being made for it's
    construction, we had an outside dedication for the new church. The
    new church sits on top of a hill and you can see for miles in all
    directions. On the day of the dedication, a flatbed was brought in
    as a stage. I live in Ohio and the dedication was being held in late
    September if I can remember right. The sun was shining and it was
    warm. Because it was so warm and was so beautiful, everyone came to
    the service lightly dressed. We started out with bible study which
    lasts about an hour. Now before the hour was over, the clear sky had
    clouded up to the point that you could not see a ray of sunlight any
    place. On top of that, the tempature dropped and had gotten cold
    enough that most of us were shivering. We started the service with
    songs of praise and that warmed us up some. Then our preacher gave
    the message. He said, Father God, I don't believe you want any
    distractions to your message so in Jesus name, I pray a hole open in
    the clouds and a beam of sunlight shine down on the service so the
    saints will concentrate on your message and not be distracted by the
    cold. Well, a hole opened up in the cloud and a beam of sun shined
    down on us. Now, this is miracle one. About midway through the
    message a car pulled up and a man and a small boy got out and was
    seated. At the end of the message, the preacher asked if anyone
    wanted to give a personal testimony on what God is doing in their
    life. Well this man stood up and said that he was attending a church
    in Pennsulvania, but somethings were happening in the church and
    that he felt led by the Holy Spirit to find another church. He said
    the Holy Spirit told him to get in his car and drive, for he would
    be led where to go. He said he seen the clouds open up and watched
    as the sun shined down. He said he felt led to follow the beam of
    light to our service. Now, most people will live their entire lives
    without even seeing one miracle. This day, we saw the power of God
    twice.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Thank you for sharing. Has the Spirit shown you anything from your memories that was not of God?

I am just a man like you Nick. The only good in me comes by my dependence on Jesus. Only by my becoming less of myself and allowing him to work more through me do I have hope of escaping sin. He is my strength. I know as long as I am in this flesh, I will battle against sin, but Jesus is my strength against sin.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Hey Heiscomingintheclouds,
    Good to see you're still around, I've enjoyed reading your posts lately.

Blessings

Dear Is 1:18,

Thank you. I was on vacation last week but missed the group very much. I love it here so much. So many wonderful brothers and sisters in the Lord from all over the world. The thing I love most about this group is their stand against the trinity doctrine. It is amazing to me how the world still holds dear this unsound doctrine. Yet, all we can do it keep fighting the good fight and try to undo the corruption satan has planted in the minds of men. If we can change the mind, the heart will follow.

Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 19 2006,16:33)

Thank you. I was on vacation last week but missed the group very much. I love it here so much. So many wonderful brothers and sisters in the Lord from all over the world. The thing I love most about this group is their stand against the trinity doctrine. It is amazing to me how the world still holds dear this unsound doctrine. Yet, all we can do it keep fighting the good fight and try to undo the corruption satan has planted in the minds of men. If we can change the mind, the heart will follow.

Hi HICITC,
    He he, yes I'm aware of the general consensus on the trinity doctrine here at Heaven.Net, although this website is very much an exception in that regard. At another one I visit sometimes (one of the biggest TMBs on the web) the trinity issue is not contested at all. I gather that the argument was settled long ago, and the anti-trinitarians have either disappeared with their tail between their legs, or don't dare bring the subject up. It's an interesting contrast to this site, to say the least. I enjoy them both.

My personal position is that, all scripture considered, it (the trinity) makes the best sense of the Biblical data on the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I have considered other alternative positions but invariably found that they presented much greater scriptural dilemmas, especially with respect to the identity and nature of Yahshua.

I'm happy to consider other views though. Maybe you could explain to me exactly how you see it, and I'll let you know what I think.

Blessings
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    In hundreds of thousands of towns worldwide you will find a variety of support groups for those who follow a triune doctrinal view of God.
    You will almost never find such groups for those who follow the One God and His Son.
    One road is definitely easier.

Everywhere I have gone, I have debated those who stood on the trinity doctrine and it is so easy to debunk. Many believe because I am a KJ only user, I should be a trinity believer. But on the contrary, the KJ debunks the trinity doctrine.

Jesus, the Word, our salvation, was begotton of the Father even
    before creation of flesh. In the beginning was the Word, and the
    Word was with God, and the Word was God. So many struggle with this.
    That is why most choose to accept the trinity doctrine rather then
    dispute it. It is unsound doctrine and it was created out of
    biasness towards Mary.

Jesus said,

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, ” says the Lord God,

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the
    Last, the Beginning and the End.

Now we know God has no beginning and no end, yet, the above verse
    1:8 says that this is God speaking. God is not a God of confusion.
    That is why it is so important to understand that this is not God
    the Father speaking here. This is Jesus, who is the beginning and
    the end of our salvation and is the only begotten son of God.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was
    made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

If you read this verse, it is saying that both, the first and the
    last Adam were made. God, who is Holy had to do things this way, for
    one thing, no flesh could contain him. God cannot look upon sin.
    That is why his Son did his will. That is why God had to turn away
    from the son when Jesus became sin on the cross. God is all Holy. To
    bring him down to our level would be to say he is not God.

15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the
    kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all
    rule and all authority and power.

1 Cor. 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under
    his feet.

15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith
    all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted,
    which did put all things under him.

15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the
    Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him,
    that God may be all in all.

When all things are finished, the son will give back his authority
    to the Father as it says in verse 28.

What is comes down to is that God begat his Son, giving him all the authority of the Godhead, making the Son God over all of creation until all the enemies of the Father have been subdues, at which time the Son will relinquish his power of the Godhead, so the Father will be all in all. All of creation came into being by the Son and through the Son by the will of the Father.

Participant

G'day HICITC,
    Thanks very much for giving me a brief synopsis of your christology. Obviously there are a number of comments I would like to make about what you wrote at this point, but I want to make sure I understand your position more fully before I do that, particularly in regards to the pre-earthly existence of the Logos. Can you please explain to me in very specific language what you believe the Logos existed as? From what I can tell from previous statements you have made you hold the christodelphian position that the Logos was the thought/plan of God, that was realised in the earthly existence of the person of Christ. Please confirm if this is accurate, and if not – how does your understanding fundamentally differs from their's. Also, just out of curiousity – does your understanding of the identity and nature Christ neatly align with what you church espouses?

Many thanks in advance. Blessings.

Cubes and t8 – I've read your posts but will defer replying until a time when I have some free time and can devote some concentration to it (I'll explain the concentration aspect to you both one day…). Hope that's okay.

In the beginning was the Word. God begat his Son. And the Word was with God. And the Word became God. God made the Son God over all of creation, giving the Son all authority of the Godhead. The Son is the expressed image of the Father and all of creation came into being by the will of the Father through the Son and by the Son.

As for how my understanding is different from those who believe in the trinity doctrine? They believe that God himself, not the Son of God came to the earth, posing as the Son. Now, God is not a God of confusion and would not do this. If God said he sent his Son, he did.

Also, God the Father is Holy. It is impossible for God the Father, who is so great and Holy to be put into sinful flesh. Can any flesh stand in the presense of Almighty God? No. It is for this reason he begat his Son, our salvation. Even before the creation of the world, our salvation was in place.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 21 2006,16:09)
    Cubes and t8 – I've read your posts but will defer replying until a time when I have some free time and can devote some concentration to it (I'll explain the concentration aspect to you both one day…). Hope that's okay.

Okey dokey, Is. The Matthew Study should tie me up for a while now anyway. And your last email to me is still brewing on the back burner. One of these days I hope to apply myself to that end and not quit till I respond to it. Thanks for bearing with me regarding that.

Participant

Hi heiscomingintheclouds,
    Thanks very much for explaining that for me. So just for my own clarification, let me see if I understand you correctly: You believe that God beget a Son (i.e. the Word) and this Son was sentient, self aware, volitional being of ontology intemediate to God and angels. An uncreated being but nevertheless lesser in His being. Is this right?

I'm going to collect my thoughts over the next week or so and then write you a reply. In the mean time, if you could please confirm that what I have written above fairly represents your understanding of the Word, I would appreciate it.

Blessings

The Son is Spirit. When on the cross, for the first time since the Father begat the Son, the Father became seperate from the Son. It is for this reason the Son said, ” Father, why hast thou forsaken me.”

The Son became our sin, and because of this, the Father had to seperate himself from the Son. And when the Son died, his soul went into the lower parts and he preached to those who where being held captive by death, the rightious dead being held in the bosom of Abraham, and set them free. For they were made rightious with their heart. But they had to make confession with their mouth. This could not happen until Jesus defeated death by living a life without sin.

One of the greatest misconceptions of the bible is when it says God created man in his own image, everyone thinks on a physical level. God created man a spiritual being. Sin changed man to flesh or mortal.

God begat his Son, the Word into existance. His Son is the image of the Father and does nothing other than the will of the Father.The Son is Spirit and all of creation came by the Son and though the Son by the will of the Father. The Word is Spirit and all of creation came by the Word and through the Word by the will of the Father.

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 24 2006,10:46)
    So just for my own clarification, let me see if I understand you correctly: You believe that God beget a Son (i.e. the Word) and this Son was sentient, self aware, volitional being of ontology intemediate to God and angels. An uncreated being but nevertheless lesser in His being. Is this right?

Hi HICITC,
    Without wantig to be pushy or anything, could you please confirm or deny if I have accurately represented your understanding of the pre-incarnate Logos? Just a simple 'yes' or 'no' will do.

Thanks

No. God begat his Son, who was over the angels. From the time the Father begat the Son, the angels were subject unto the Son, for the Son had the complete authority of the Godhead.

rejoycesing
    Participant

I was praying and fasting that God would help me understand the teaching on the trinity and reconcile it with what I already knew to be true in my heart which closely matched what the JW's teach. I have been 2 days now studying since I have been temporarily off from work to have a surgery. I had been considering becoming a Jehovah's Witness. Mostly because as I look around I can not find a group that meets that I know will not eventually make me regret being there and hearing the false teaching. I still dont know about the other thing the JW teach. However, I found your website and the article on the trinity and the forum and it was an answer to prayer. I thought I was the only person who felt so strongly about so many deviations from the plain truth. I was wondering why has God made me so– seeing and questioning what prehaps I shouldnt. Then I read T8's forum response. What a blessing. I could have written that myself. The only exception is that I cant stay with any group long because I can not believe the lie when God has so plainly spoke. I resolved to the fact that so many God called had to live a lonely life. I just the gospel, the scriptures, and God's love with everyone who will listen or who seems to need a word. We will know what to do next when the Lord calls because Jesus said my sheep hear my voice, they know me and they follow me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    If you seek God's way of truth and it costs you fellowship in the short term look around as Jesus will come to you.

“13They brought to the Pharisees the man who was formerly blind.
    14(A)Now it was a Sabbath on the day when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes.

15(B)Then the Pharisees also were asking him again how he received his sight. And he said to them, “He applied clay to my eyes, and I washed, and I see.”

16Therefore some of the Pharisees were saying, “This man is not from God, because He ©does not keep the Sabbath ” But others were saying, “How can a man who is a sinner perform such (D)signs?” And (E)there was a division among them.

17So they said to the blind man (F)again, “What do you say about Him, since He opened your eyes?” And he said, “He is a (G)prophet.”

18(H)The Jews then did not believe it of him, that he had been blind and had received sight, until they called the parents of the very one who had received his sight,

19and questioned them, saying, “Is this your son, who you say was born blind? Then how does he now see?”

20His parents answered them and said, “We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind;

21but how he now sees, we do not know; or who opened his eyes, we do not know. Ask him; he is of age, he will speak for himself.”

22His parents said this because they (I)were afraid of the Jews; for the Jews (J)had already agreed that if anyone confessed Him to be Christ, (K)he was to be put out of the synagogue.

23For this reason his parents said, “(L)He is of age; ask him.”

24So a second time they called the man who had been blind, and said to him, “(M)Give glory to God; we know that (N)this man is a sinner.”

25He then answered, “Whether He is a sinner, I do not know; one thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.”

26So they said to him, “What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?”

27He answered them, “(O)I told you already and you did not (P)listen; why do you want to hear it again? You do not want to become His disciples too, do you?”

28They reviled him and said, “You are His disciple, but (Q)we are disciples of Moses.

29″We know that God has spoken to Moses, but as for this man, ®we do not know where He is from.”

30The man answered and said to them, “Well, here is an amazing thing, that you do not know where He is from, and yet He opened my eyes.

31″We know that (S)God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him.

32″Since the beginning of time it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a person born blind.

33″(T)If this man were not from God, He could do nothing.”

34They answered him, “(U)You were born entirely in sins, and are you teaching us?” So they (V)put him out.

Jesus Affirms His Deity
    35Jesus heard that they had (W)put him out, and finding him, He said, “Do you believe in the (X)Son of Man?”
    36He answered, “(Y)Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”

37Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him, and (Z)He is the one who is talking with you.”

38And he said, “Lord, I believe.” And he (AA)worshiped Him.

39And Jesus said, “(AB)For judgment I came into this world, so that (AC)those who do not see may see, and that (AD)those who see may become blind.”

40Those of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these things and said to Him, “(AE)We are not blind too, are we?”

41Jesus said to them, “(AF)If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, '(AG)We see,' your sin remains. “

To join the JWs is to go from the frying pan into the fire.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account