Happy bunny day!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2007,18:33)

Quote (kenrch @ April 06 2007,12:53)
    Wow! no replys? No arguments? Oh excuse me, debates? :D

Must be true :)

Hi kenrch,
    perhaps no interest?

Yes most likely lack of interest as truth isn't determined this way.

Remember what the lord did for you Ken. You are allowed to remember his death and resurrection this weekend.

I agree that it shouldn't be a compulsive thing or that it should be only during this period. But it is good to remember what the lord did everyday for surely we eat everyday and give thanks when we break bread.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 08 2007,19:23)

Quote (Morning Star @ April 09 2007,02:41)
    Take away all the coating and take away all the pagan elements of easter and tell honestly what is wrong with rejoicing in the resurrection?

Hi Morning Star.

I have to agree.

There is never a time when we cannot remember what our Lord did for us.

:)

What is the truth? THY WORD IS TRUTH! Is the truth that Jesus was resurrected on a Sunday, 1 day 2 nights after a day He didn't die? MAN'S lies! You would rather believe that then what our Lord said!

Plain and simple, give me scripture that says Sunday has anything to do at all with God's Son resurrection.

You give thanks for the resurrection that is good. But do you believe the lie or the truth of Jesus? You take a stand on the Trinity but not the truth of God's day which IS a commandment.

You are a murder, an adulterer, a liar, you worship a false god, you honor not your parents, you covet your neighbor's goods and wife, you steal, you take God's name in vain, you love not your neighbor because you share lies instead of truth, you break and are accountable for all commandments because you break the forth command the seventh day Sabbath which is the resurrection day of our LORD.

Jam 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou dost not commit adultery, but killest, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

1Jo 3:4 Every one that doeth sin doeth also lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Scripture doesn't matter. God's law doesn't matter. Only your traditions matter. OH and the trinity the Trinity either way won't save you if you sin!

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

You say you are born of God yet you sin; Breaking His Commandments

The point isn't IF we can give thanks for the resurrection on the first day of the week. But that Easter Sunday is a lie of the whore and you reject scripture and truth! And by making this day special the day that the Harlot says Christ was resurrected you accept the Harlot. You keep her doctrines you keep the whore and are part of her.

Mat 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

This is the sign that Jesus is the Christ. But you deny it by keeping Sunday. What is the truth? OR doesn't the truth matter?

Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Three days, three nights, an annual Sabbath. All of this is scriptural facts that tell the TRUTH. But you don't want the truth because it differs from your tradition.

Keep on keeping on and you will arrive at the destination where lies will bring you. You will have no excuse.

You say you know the truth it would be better if you were deceived!

Mar 7:6 And he said unto them, Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoreth me with their lips, But their heart is far from me.

I pray you are deceived.

IHL&N,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

t8 you have empty words they have no scriptural meaning. You are allowed to remember the resurrection.
    Instead of addressing scripture you give a lot of bla bla.

Truth is the Word and the Word says you will not enter heaven being a law breaker.

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, YOU WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS.

You cannot keep God's law so you simply deny it exists for you. You are not even fooling me do you think you are fooling God?

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:[WHY?] for it is not subject to the law of God, NEITHER INDEED CAN IT BE.

Truth is you cannot be subject to the law of God. Just as the above scripture says. Your spirit won't let you keep God's law. Your spirit tells you “why should I”. You would think common sense would prevail and tell you Because God said too! You have no scriptural reason not too!

Doesn't Romans 8:6-7 agree in Spirit and truth? The only way you can keep God's law is to have the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:[WHY?] for it is not subject to the law of God, NEITHER INDEED CAN IT BE.

IS that what Roman's is saying? If not please tell me what it says to you. Are the scriptures saying just believe in Jesus then do what you want. Keep the day(s) you want, not the DAY God said too. Obviously you perfer to follow the Pope instead of God since it is the Pope that changed God's law so you would not keep God's law Dan. 7:25; Rev 12:6, 17; 14:12.

The true children keep the commandments of God And their faith in Jesus. If you have faith in Jesus you keep His commandments. What do you do? And remember faith without works is dead just as the wages of sin are death. According to the scriptural definition of sin that's what you do. You sin not keeping the law of GOD.

Come out of her

IHN&L,

Ken

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Ken,

I'm curious as to why you say that Jesus was resurrected on the Sabbath day. Could you please show me where it says this?

Tim

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 10 2007,04:47)
    Hi Ken,

I'm curious as to why you say that Jesus was resurrected on the Sabbath day.  Could you please show me where it says this?

Tim

Tim2,

Do you believe Jesus?

Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

If you admit that Jesus was in the earth three days and three nights then Jesus didn't die on Friday and was not resurrected on Sunday. You can not get three days and three nights from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.

There were two Sabbaths in that week.
    Joh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

That Sabbath was a High Day. An annual Sabbath the first day of unleaven bread.
    Lev 23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.
    Lev 23:6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
    Lev 23:7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

That Sabbath was a thursday and the following Friday was the preparation day for the Seventh day Sabbath.
    Wednessday Nighttime
    Thursday nighttime
    Friday nighttime
    Thursday daytime
    Friday daytime
    Saturday daytime
    Jesus was resurrected just before sunset Saturday right before the beginning of Sunday. Our Saturday night.

That is three days and three nights just as Jesus said was the sign He would give that He is the Christ.

Sunday is just another workday and man's Sabbath.

Test it. if you are honest then you will agree with scripture.

IHN&L,

Ken

Hello all. New here.

The Sabbath day has been something that is going on inside me for a while.
    I was taught that the Sabbath was sunday from my youth so, that is where I'm coming from. With that said, I have heard that the work of Christ did away with all the Law, but I can remember, here in the part of the world I'm from, people up in arms when the Ten Commandments were done away with in government places. Looking back on that, and another matter more recently, I'm beginning to think that the Sabbath isn't sunday.

The question I have is, where would one go to in the bible to study this. I realize that any answer given is with the understanding that I do the studying as it is I that must answer for me.

Thanks.

Rick

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi RichardAWilliamsJr.

Welcome.

Can't give you the place in the bible now, but history is also a teacher.

Sunday was the day that Constantine the Roman Emperor gave as the day of worship for Christians. Sunday was to the dismay of Christians (at the time) named after the sun or sun god which appeased the heathens in the empire.

Constantine tried very hard to keep the Roman Empire intact. He used Christianity the strongest thread in his kingdom at the time to accomplish this, but he also needed to keep the pagans happy too. He mashed the two together and the result was a physical church system which was separate to the spiritual church.

So, some in the church ran after Rome and some married her. The result was the Harlot. The true virgins are still waiting for their bridegroom. The harlot sits on the beast (which was Rome) and also called the city of seven hills.

Many pagan festivals became Christian holidays through this system that Constantine instituted.

That said, we are told in the New Testament that we are able to choose which day/s we keep as holy to God. The Sabbath was given to the Jews.

But are Christians meant to keep the Sabbath holy?

That is another post.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 28 2007,12:13)
    Many pagan festivals became Christian holidays through this system that Constantine instituted.

That said, we are told in the New Testament that we are able to choose which day/s we keep as holy to God. The Sabbath was given to the Jews.

Are we allowed to celebrate Easter, Christmas and other holidays, if we choose? I have been told that I am not a Christian if I celebrate Christmas. This has really upset me and I'm not sure, to be honest, if it is OK or not?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    We can and perhaps should, celebrate our life in Christ any day.
    We should be known by our freedom and joy and peace and love.

But we need to keep in mind that the cherishing of these manmade celebrations is the work of the harlot.

Not3in1
    Participant

Oh dear, I was afraid you were going to say that. Do you have kids, Nick? It's harder when you have kids to say that you are not going to celebrate Christmas, for instance. Do you know what I mean? Suggestions?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Seven of them and 6 grandchildren.
    I join with them at home rejoicing because I love them and love getting together with them, but not with them in their human religion.
    God understands.
    1Cor 7
    “32And I wish you to be without anxiety; the unmarried is anxious for the things of the Lord, how he shall please the Lord;

33and the married is anxious for the things of the world, how he shall please the wife.

34The wife and the virgin have been distinguished: the unmarried is anxious for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit, and the married is anxious for the things of the world, how she shall please the husband.

35And this for your own profit I say: not that I may cast a noose upon you, but for the seemliness and devotedness to the Lord, undistractedly,

Quote (t8 @ May 28 2007,12:13)
    Hi RichardAWilliamsJr.

Welcome.

Can't give you the place in the bible now, but history is also a teacher.

Sunday was the day that Constantine the Roman Emperor gave as the day of worship for Christians. Sunday was to the dismay of Christians (at the time) named after the sun or sun god which appeased the heathens in the empire.

Constantine tried very hard to keep the Roman Empire intact. He used Christianity the strongest thread in his kingdom at the time to accomplish this, but he also needed to keep the pagans happy too. He mashed the two together and the result was a physical church system which was separate to the spiritual church.

So, some in the church ran after Rome and some married her. The result was the Harlot. The true virgins are still waiting for their bridegroom. The harlot sits on the beast (which was Rome) and also called the city of seven hills.

But are Christians meant to keep the Sabbath holy?

That is another post.

True, history is a teacher, and I have read several articles on what Constantine did, but I didn't get satisfaction from those articles as to where, in the Bible, one could read what specific day it was, other than the seventh of course.

I enjoy sites like these.

Thanks for the reply.

Not3in1
    Participant

Seven! Oh, my goodness. We only have two (plus my 19 year old neice) and sometimes my hubby and I feel like pulling our hair out. :) My husband is the last of 9 siblings (his folks were Catholic). Getting together with his side of the family is always interesting to me. I'm the last of 4 siblings, which for today is a large family.

I have a whole new respect for you, Nick. This helps to explain why you are so patient with all of *us* children :)

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account