Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

WJ said:

I believe I am free and that to me what we do is pure!

Amen Keith! “To the pure ALL THINGS are pure.” But many here just don't get it. But the one who has a pure conscience fully understands.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    If you became a regular attender at catholic masses that would give you the same opportunities would it not?

Not3in1
    Participant

Kathi,

So you compromise, then.  Hey, I can dig it.  I'm just trying to call a spade a spade here.  The tree, while meaningful to your family, is also from a pagan practice.  Were you aware of that?  Have you ever wondered where that time-honored tradition comes from?  It doesn't matter if it's decorated with handmade decorations from your beloved, that is sort of beside the point really.  I know, I know, again, this is hard stuff to sift through.

If they bottom line is that these holidays have roots in evil and as Christians we are to avoid them, then we are to avoide them all.  Not just the ones that we think have redeeming qualities about them.  Am I off track here?  Like someone said, is a “little” sin okay?  Or do you feel it is sin at all?  Maybe not?  These are questions I'm asking myself as well.

I do believe we are comparing apples to apples, however.

Love,
    Mandy

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 20 2009,16:37)
    So when we choose alternatives…sometimes those alternatives make it easy to lead into the wordly ways and sometimes we just need to not celebrate at all.

Hi Kathi

I would be interested in hearing what you and your family and kids did on OCT 31st.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Perhaps seances and witches covens should be attended too to give opportunities?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 21 2009,09:30)
    Hi TT,
    Perhaps seances and witches covens should be attended too to give opportunities?

Nick,

Some men have great faith – should they be chastised for it?

Some are able to walk through the fire and rip by the nap of the neck those who are perishing. God bless'em.

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 21 2009,09:26)
    WJ said:

I believe I am free and that to me what we do is pure!

Amen Keith! “To the pure ALL THINGS are pure.” But many here just don't get it. But the one who has a pure conscience fully understands.

thinker

Hi TT,
    So you have a pure conscience though you teach that Jesus is a part of a trinity god when he said no such thing?

david
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 21 2009,07:57)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 20 2009,15:53)
    Hi WJ,
    Fun is an excuse for everything.
    But are we not servants?

NH

Does your religion demand no fun? Is your religion just a dreary practice of “will worship”?

WJ

This is what people always say. But why does “fun” always seem to have to be dictated by the world? Why does it have to be chosen by the world what day the most fun is? Why does “fun” have to have the touch of paganism on it?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 21 2009,09:27)
    Hi TT,
    If you became a regular attender at catholic masses that would give you the same opportunities would it not?

My regular attendance at a catholic mass would cause dissension for one thing. I would not be happy at a catholic church. So what has this really to do with giving a gospel tract and a piece of candy to kids once per year? If some children come knocking at my door once per year I should seize the opportunity to give them a piece of holy bread and a piece of candy in Christ's name.

Your alternative is to hide your light under a bushel because it is a “pagan” day (though it's really the Lord's day).

thinker

david
    Participant

so David and Con want to do the same and hinder the evangelistic efforts of those who seize the opportunities that halloween presents.

Thinker do you ever get tired of misleading people? More JW's will be “evangalizing” on that day than any other group I imagine.

Quote (david @ Oct. 20 2009,17:34)

Hi WJ,
    But are we not servants?

NH

Does your religion demand no fun? Is your religion just a dreary practice of “will worship”?

WJ

This is what people always say.  But why does “fun” always seem to have to be dictated by the world?  Why does it have to be chosen by the world what day the most fun is?  Why does “fun” have to have the touch of paganism on it?

Hi David

It doesn't.

It is you that says what we do is paganistic!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 21 2009,09:34)

Hi WJ,
    But are we not servants?

NH

WJ

This is what people always say.  But why does “fun” always seem to have to be dictated by the world?  Why does it have to be chosen by the world what day the most fun is?  Why does “fun” have to have the touch of paganism on it?

Now tell us what is wrong with WJ's point.

thinker

Quote (david @ Oct. 20 2009,17:37)

so David and Con want to do the same and hinder the evangelistic efforts of those who seize the opportunities that halloween presents.

Thinker do you ever get tired of misleading people?  More JW's will be “evangalizing” on that day than any other group I imagine.

David

So your evangilism is greater than ours?

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 21 2009,09:37)

Thinker do you ever get tired of misleading people?  More JW's will be “evangalizing” on that day than any other group I imagine.

So what is your fuss all about? I know, you are giving people the truth and WJ and I are not. And a piece of candy is necessarily a pagan practice.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You evangelise about a multiperson god?
    There is none in scripture

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 21 2009,09:42)
    Hi WJ,

Ah! There it is! Who led you to Christ Nick?

thinker

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 20 2009,17:42)
    Hi WJ,

NH

This thread is not about the Trinity is it?

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 21 2009,09:44)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 20 2009,17:42)
    Hi WJ,

NH

This thread is not about the Trinity is it?

WJ

But Nick thinks our evangelism on halloween is not valid because we are trinitarians. But who led Nick to Christ? ???

thinker

david
    Participant

Paul said that we are not to cause our brother to stumble. He defined this as our causing our brother to ACT against his own conscience.

–thinker

We cause our brother to stumble when we cause him to act contrary to his conscience. You and I have maintained that this is wrong and a misuse of liberty. We have been very clear about it. So David and Con just want to bind us to the dicates of their own consciences. They are not going to ACT against want they believe.

–thinker

Does anyone ever act against what they believe?

Thinker, can you give me a real life example of someone stumbling someone else?

Today, many are concerned with and jealously protect their rights. The apostle Paul, however, set a different standard: “Let us pursue the things making for peace and the things that are upbuilding to one another.” (Romans 14:19)

In the context, Paul was speaking about a problem that existed then regarding food. Christians, unlike the Jews under the Mosaic Law, were free to eat whatever they wanted as long as they were not gluttons. Some, though, who from childhood had viewed certain foods as repugnant, were disturbed when they saw fellow Christians eat them. Did those other Christians insist on their right to eat anything they wanted anyway? Not if they followed Paul’s counsel. He said: “It is well not to eat flesh or to drink wine or do anything over which your brother stumbles.” (Romans 14:21)

What do others think “stumbling someone” means?

Thinker thinks it means “our causing our brother to ACT against his own conscience.” Is this accurate?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT and WJ,
    You offered your personal purity but it does not manifest in your actions if you do not offer the teachings of Jesus does it?

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account