Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 16 2009,10:43)
    Even the smallest amount is forbidden. For example, if you have a wool suit and the label is sewn on with a linen thread, it is forbidden to wear the suit until the linen thread is removed. You may not wear a wool jacket with a linen patch on the elbow, or anywhere else.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think the LORD made such a rule?

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,12:53)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:30)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:24)
    Why would God declare some of His creatures unclean for food in the OT and all of a sudden declare them clean in the NT?  Why then bother to declare them unclean at all.

This isn't the only thing God that has changed his mind on, so it doesn't surprise me.

In the OT you couldn't even wear the clothes we have on our backs currently (cotton/poly blends)……  And according to Con, we still shouldn't be wearing them.  Hey Con, what are you wearing right now?   :laugh:

I wonder if he keeps all the commandments, literally?

Oh, I'm getting ornery now….I better go.

Love to you all,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy:

I know that God changed His mind about punishing someone when they repented.  Indeed, because He is merciful.  But  apart from that, “He says I am the LORD I Change not.”

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

I beg to disagree.  In the beginning it was okay to have sex with family, then God changed his mind.  First you can't eat certain types of animals, then God changed his mind.  The list can go on and on…..I don't have the energy for it tonight.  But I can tell you there are many things that were okay in the beginning that God put a stop to or changed.

I think the scripture implies that God, as a “person” (for lack of a better way to put it) does not change. But he certainly has changed his mind…..

Love,
    Mandy

Marty

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 15 2009,18:49)
    The heathen were declared unclean because of sin, and if they are now Christians, they have been cleansed by the blood of the Lord.  This is an altogether differerent matter than the issue of meats and food.

Is it?

Then why did the Lord draw the parallel between the unclean beast and the Gentiles and then inspire Paul in his letter to Timothy that everything created is cleansed by the word of God and Prayer?

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 16 2009,08:09)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 16 2009,08:07)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,08:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 16 2009,07:35)
    Hi Not3,
    I am serious when I say the influence of movies of mores in society is huge.

But we are not OF the world are we?

Creating sins out of worldy stuff is not the issue but we should be a greater influence on our children for good as they grow than the world's oppressive and manipulative control.

Are you trying to say that I need to be a better influence on my children for good rather than evil?  In other words, I should not participate in Halloween because it's a bad influence on my children?

Please tell me you are not judging me and my family in this way?

I find it pretty ironic that no one has asked what we plan to do for Halloween, or how we even celebrate it.  For all you know – we have a dinner and bible study.  Egads!

And how do you celebrate Satanic festivals? Would it be okay?

The self-appointed judges are just coming out of the woodwork.

thinker

How is a question a judgement?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,08:11)

Hi Not3,

Creating sins out of worldy stuff is not the issue but we should be a greater influence on our children for good as they grow than the world's oppressive and manipulative control.

Are you trying to say that I need to be a better influence on my children for good rather than evil?  In other words, I should not participate in Halloween because it's a bad influence on my children?

I find it pretty ironic that no one has asked what we plan to do for Halloween, or how we even celebrate it.  For all you know – we have a dinner and bible study.  Egads!

I don't celebrate any Satanic festivals, so I couldn't tell you.   :;):

Love,
    Mandy

Why not? Do Satanist celebrate Halloween and feel it is their holiday?

Do you need to celebrate it and how does it give glory to God?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 16 2009,17:36)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,08:11)

Hi Not3,

I don't celebrate any Satanic festivals, so I couldn't tell you.   :;):

Love,
    Mandy

Why not? Do Satanist celebrate Halloween and feel it is their holiday?

Do you need to celebrate it and how does it give glory to God?

Bod,

That's funny – Satanist think Halloween is their Holiday. Well, I suppose they may think a lot of things are “theirs”, but that doesn't make it so, right?

Are you aware that Halloween is NOT the most powerful night for Satanists and the Wicca crowd? You'd be surprised to learn what day of the year is…..

I don't n-e-e-d to celebrate Halloween, I want to! :;): And I give glory to God no matter what I'm doing because I am his.

Love,
    Mandy

david
    Participant

Are you aware that Halloween is NOT the most powerful night for Satanists and the Wicca crowd? You'd be surprised to learn what day of the year is…..

–Not3

Right you are.

“Do many witches celebrate Christmas (in a secular present-giving way) as well?
    [LR] I should think that almost all of them do. Calls to ban Christmas and not celebrate it have always come from within sections of the Christian community (e.g., the Jehovah’s Witnesses) who, quite rightly, see Christmas as a Pagan festival.”
    (http://www.witchology.com/contents/interviews/yule_winter_solstice.php)

Christmas or saturnalia or sun worship day, or whatever they are calling it now, is and has been the most popular holy day for every one from buddhists to wiccans for thousands of years. It remains unmatched in popularity.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 15 2009,19:13)
    Hi CON,
    The new LAW is of the Spirit and is a law of love.
    It does reflect the principles of the Old but is not a harsh schoolmaster.

“Blessed are those to whom sin is not imputed”ps32

Georg,
    What is the New law?

And why do you quote Psalms 32:1-2 If you do not accept the old? Maybe because this shows it is one and the same?

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Psalms 32:1-2 Imputeth – Whom God doth not charge with the guilt of his sins, but graciously pardons and accepts him in Christ. No guile – Who freely confesses all his sins, and turns from sin to God with all his heart. – Wesley's Notes

Psalms 32:1-2 Sin is the cause of our misery; but the true believer's transgressions of the Divine law are all forgiven, being covered with the atonement. Christ bare his sins, therefore they are not imputed to him. The righteousness of Christ being reckoned to us, and we being made the righteousness of God in him, our iniquity is not imputed, God having laid upon him the iniquity of us all, and made him a sin-offering for us. Not to impute sin, is God's act, for he is the Judge. It is God that justifies. Notice the character of him whose sins are pardoned; he is sincere, and seeks sanctification by the power of the Holy Ghost. He does not profess to repent, with an intention to indulge in sin, because the Lord is ready to forgive. He will not abuse the doctrine of free grace. And to the man whose iniquity is forgiven, all manner of blessings are promised. – Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

[/QUOTE]PSALM 32

This psalm, though it speaks not of Christ, as many of the psalms we have hitherto met with have done, has yet a great deal of gospel in it. The apostle tells us that David, in this psalm, describes “the blessedness of the man unto whom God imputes righteousness without words,” Rom. 4:6. We have here a summary, I. Of gospel grace in the pardon of sin (v. 1, 2), in divine protection (v. 7), and divine guidance (v. 8). II. Of gospel duty. To confess sin (v. 3-5), to pray (v. 6), to govern ourselves well (v. 9, 10), and to rejoice in God (v. 11). The way to obtain these privileges is to make conscience of these duties, which we ought to think of-of the former for our comfort, of the latter for our quickening, when we sing this psalm. Grotius thinks it was designed to be sung on the day of atonement. – Matthew Henry's Whole Bible Commentary[/QUOTE]

Romans 4:7 “BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED.

Romans 4:8 “BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT.”

John 1:47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no deceit!”

2 Corinthians 5:19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

georg
    Participant

Quote (georg @ Oct. 16 2009,12:54)

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 16 2009,12:34)
    WJ and thinker…….If the commandments of God are done away with, why does it Say, “the gentiles who have not the law (BUT) do the things contained in them , Show the LAW Written on their Heart by the Hand of GOD”. This seem to show the commandments are not done away with, but enforced in our thinking by GOD Himself through His Spirit. If we say we LOVE GOD Why not keep HIS WORDS then and not do things contrary to them. His commandments are not difficult are they?  Love GOD and LOVE our fellow MAN. What so hard about that?

gene

You need to read up on the covenant that are listed.  We are now under the new Covenant and not the old.  The old was meant for the Jewish people and not with us Gentles.  The covenant that God gave to Moses on Mount Sinai in Exodus
    Exodus 34:27
    Exodus 31:16-17
    verse 16 “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath throughout their generation as a perpetual covenant.
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and Israel forever.
    We are under grace in
    Ephesians2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of Yourselves; it is a gift from God.
    verse 9 not of work, lest anyone should boast.
    Luke 22:20 …”This cup is the new covenant in My Blood, which is shed for you.
    If we sin, and we do, we have a Mediator Jesus Christ.  We now can go to the Throne of God and ask for the forgiveness of our sins.  Sin is not imputed to us.  Why, because Christ died for those sins.  In the old days they had to make an atonement for their sins and sacrifice an animal.  Christ is our perfect Sacrifice and no other is needed.  But in Christ we should be putting on His cloth and sin not.  At least we should try not to sin.  Live in the Spirit and you will not sin, but if you do we have an Mediator Jesus Christ.  We still have this human flesh and Paul explains all in His letters. All of them.  If we think that we don't sin, John tells us the truth is not in us.  I hope you will understand what I am trying to say.
    Peace and Love Irene

This is what I said and not what you are quoting I said.

This is what I said and not what you said.
    Irene

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 15 2009,21:48)

Even the smallest amount is forbidden. For example, if you have a wool suit and the label is sewn on with a linen thread, it is forbidden to wear the suit until the linen thread is removed. You may not wear a wool jacket with a linen patch on the elbow, or anywhere else.

Love,
    Mandy

Because one adulterates the other.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 16 2009,18:15)

Are you aware that Halloween is NOT the most powerful night for Satanists and the Wicca crowd?  You'd be surprised to learn what day of the year is…..

–Not3

Right you are.

“Do many witches celebrate Christmas (in a secular present-giving way) as well?
    [LR] I should think that almost all of them do. Calls to ban Christmas and not celebrate it have always come from within sections of the Christian community (e.g., the Jehovah’s Witnesses) who, quite rightly, see Christmas as a Pagan festival.”
    (http://www.witchology.com/contents/interviews/yule_winter_solstice.php)

Christmas or saturnalia or sun worship day, or whatever they are calling it now, is and has been the most popular holy day for every one from buddhists to wiccans for thousands of years.  It remains unmatched in popularity.

Actually you're wrong, David.

I'll have to look it up again in the Wicca manual (sigh, don't want to go there again if I don't have to), but the most powerful day is their BIRTHDAY.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 16 2009,18:24)

Love,
    Mandy

How so?

georg
    Participant

C look above you that is what I said and not what you said I did.  
    Irene

david
    Participant

What would you say if I told you that a Pagan/Wicca believer gave their heart to Jesus at one of my Halloween parties? Would you believe me?

–not3

Mandy….wait, what was your real name again?
    Mandy, what would you say if I told you many people found God while in Nazi death camps?
    Does this mean Nazi death camps are good? No. Nor does a Wiccan believer giving their heart to Jesus at a halloween party sanctify halloween.

I understand how fun halloween is. Toilet papering and egging peoples houses. Spray painting your neighbors car. Setting people on fire. Killing cats. Dressing up like demons. Fun! Right? Asking people at the door: “Trick or Treat” effectively saying: “Give me a treat or you'll be getting doo doo on your door. Who doesn't love blackmail from 5 year olds? But kids need their fun and who can deny that this stuff is fun. Not I. Devils Night, the night before, when detroit is set ablaze…fun. The hundred human sacrifices in North America and the many more in Europe…well, that's not fun.

Yes, mandy, I am going over the top in this.

Nick,
    Would a Pagan accuse me of doing “wrong” by celebrating Halloween?

No, obviously not.
    Of course, the only question that matters is: Would God?

david
    Participant

Actually you're wrong, David.

I'll have to look it up again in the Wicca manual (sigh, don't want to go there again if I don't have to), but the most powerful day is their BIRTHDAY.

Ya, that makes sense. I'm really not up on my wiccan understanding. It seems to only come up at halloween for some reason.

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 15 2009,21:59)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,12:53)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:30)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 16 2009,10:24)
    Why would God declare some of His creatures unclean for food in the OT and all of a sudden declare them clean in the NT?  Why then bother to declare them unclean at all.

This isn't the only thing God that has changed his mind on, so it doesn't surprise me.

In the OT you couldn't even wear the clothes we have on our backs currently (cotton/poly blends)……  And according to Con, we still shouldn't be wearing them.  Hey Con, what are you wearing right now?   :laugh:

I wonder if he keeps all the commandments, literally?

Oh, I'm getting ornery now….I better go.

Love to you all,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy:

I know that God changed His mind about punishing someone when they repented.  Indeed, because He is merciful.  But  apart from that, “He says I am the LORD I Change not.”

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

I beg to disagree.  In the beginning it was okay to have sex with family, then God changed his mind.  First you can't eat certain types of animals, then God changed his mind.  The list can go on and on…..I don't have the energy for it tonight.  But I can tell you there are many things that were okay in the beginning that God put a stop to or changed.

I think the scripture implies that God, as a “person” (for lack of a better way to put it) does not change.  But he certainly has changed his mind…..

Love,
    Mandy

Malachi 3:6 declares, “I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.”

Similarly, James 1:17 tells us, “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”

The meaning of Numbers 23:19 could not be more clear: “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change His mind.

Does He speak and then not act?

Does He promise and not fulfill?”

No, God does not change His mind.

These verses assert that God is unchanging and unchangeable.

The Scriptures that are interpreted as God seeming to change His mind are human attempts to explain the actions of God.

God was going to do something, but instead did something else.

To us, that sounds like a change.

But to God, who is omniscient and sovereign, it is not a change.

God always knew what He was going to do.

God does what He needs to do to cause humanity to fulfill His perfect plan. “…declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, My purpose shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure … What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do” (Isaiah 46:10-11).

God threatened Nineveh with destruction, knowing that it would cause Nineveh to repent.

God threatened Israel with destruction, knowing that Moses would intercede.

God does not regret His decisions, but He is saddened by some of what man sometimes does in response to His decisions.

God does not change His mind but rather acts consistently with His Word in response to our actions.

:cool:

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 15 2009,23:26)

Love,
    Mandy

How so?

Do you understand the concept of Kosher?

david
    Participant

Who is able to tell me what is sin for me?

Some say celebrating Halloween is sin. The same would say it is a sin to watch pornography. I confess to doing both in my lifetime! With one I feel absolutely no guilt or proding from the Lord. With the other I felt extreme shame and the sense that I absolutely was not “pleasing the Lord”. So for me Halloween is okay, watching porn is not.

And for those who have no problem with watching pornography….I presume by your logic that for them, it is not a sin? Would this be correct?

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,23:39)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 15 2009,23:26)

Love,
    Mandy

How so?

Do you understand the concept of Kosher?

What was Cain's offering? And what was Abels offering?

1] Flax (the source of linen).
    2] Sheep (wool).

david
    Participant

I live in a country where Halloween is a new (and unfortunate) importation.

Wait, are you from New Zealand too, Isaiah 1:18?

Expected you to be all over this thread David.

Yes, normally I would be. Whenever it's 8 people against 2, I almost feel like I'm ganging up on that person. So, I'm trying to keep it light.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account