Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You get discouraged because you try to push a heavy worldly load uphill.
    Kicking against the goad will not bring you a lot of comfort.
    Your basic doctrines are of the world like halloween.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,10:16)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,12:52)
    Foolish little boy, let the scriptures speak, if you really feel it is I twisting and turning the word of God, let this forum decide:

First of all, have you read the scripture that says “call no man a fool”?

Second, I am not a boy. I am 54 years old and have been serving the Lord for 35 years.

Third you just ignored my post and the scriptures that prove that all meats are clean and then you plastered Peter’s vision on here as if you actually said something!

Address the points and stop creating diversions. According to the scriptures are all meats cleansed by God or not?

The vision has a twofold meaning doesn't it? But you are closing your eyes to this truth!

You are acting like a novice!

WJ

The Holy Spirit Gave him the answer to his vision. You all keep plugging away at one verse in this chapter and deny the context of the whole chapter.

He was given of the vision that the gentile was to be considered clean, and because Peter was a practicing Jew God showed him unclean meats because Peter understood this. And it was horrific this vision to Peter. Until the Holy Spirit gave him the meaning.

And the second part was the gentiles were to come into the fold as was prophesied.

So simple that one verse blinds you to the whole of the chapter.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 16 2009,08:29)
    Hi WJ,
    It will be hard for you to find encouragement when you teach the trinity folly on a bible study site.

There he goes again. If one believes in the trinity then he is wrong about everything else. Nick would most likely be a trinitarian himself if he avoided such leaps in logic.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 16 2009,08:38)

Foolish little boy, let the scriptures speak, if you really feel it is I twisting and turning the word of God, let this forum decide:

Second, I am not a boy. I am 54 years old and have been serving the Lord for 35 years.

Third you just ignored my post and the scriptures that prove that all meats are clean and then you plastered Peter’s vision on here as if you actually said something!

Address the points and stop creating diversions. According to the scriptures are all meats cleansed by God or not?

The vision has a twofold meaning doesn't it? But you are closing your eyes to this truth!

WJ

The Holy Spirit Gave him the answer to his vision. You all keep plugging away at one verse in this chapter and deny the context of the whole chapter.

He was given of the vision that the gentile was to be considered clean, and because Peter was a practicing Jew God showed him unclean meats because Peter understood this. And it was horrific this vision to Peter. Until the Holy Spirit gave him the meaning.

And the second part was the gentiles were to come into the fold as was prophesied.

TO WJ:

Keith,
    Can you believe this guy? He said that we have been plugging away at just one scripture. ??? He hears what he wants to hear and reads what he wants to read. He whites out everything else.

thinker

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,16:38)

WJ

It Doesn't blind me at all.

Because I understand that the vision was also about the Gentiles being saved and grafted in.

But you have rejected a part of the vision and closed your eyes where the Father calls the beast clean and commands Peter to eat.

You didn't answer the question.

“According to the scriptures are all meats cleansed by God or not”?

WJ

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 15 2009,12:28)
    Nick said:

Hi,
    If there was ever any doubt as to the hold of tradition look at the vigorous defence of this irrelevant pagan tradition.

Nick,
    It's not about defending a pagan tradition in my estimation. It's about defending Christian liberty. Haven't you been listening? ???

See for yourself what this has led many to say here. We are being told now that we can't eat certain meats. Those who deny Christian liberty in one area end up reviving old covenant regulations. Gene and Con are trying to revive the Levitical codes and all that stuff.

How can the Levitical codes be revived when there is no Levitical priesthood to administrate them? That priesthood went out with ALL its codes and the revival of the codes implies the revival of the priesthood. Since Christ's priesthood has replaced the Levitical priesthood, and He is a priest “forever” we can be sure that the entire Levitical order with its priests and its codes will not be revived.

Paul said that we could eat meat in a pagan temple if it did not cause our brother to stumble (1 Cor. 8). How could passing out candy to children be worse?

IT'S ABOUT OUR FREEDOM IN CHRIST. It's not about defending anything pagan.

thinker

Seems to me you are defending teaching little children to pagan traditions through christian liberty. I think we all have been listening.

I am not trying to revive anything.

What does this mean?:

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:18-22

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Matthew 19:17

On these two commandments hang (encompass) all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:40

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. Mark 10:19

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: Mark 12:29

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. Luke 18:20

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. John 14:21

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. John 15:10

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. 1Corinthians 7:19

If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 1Corinthians 14:37

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances (the curse of the rules within) ; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace; Ephesians 2:15

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 1John 2:3

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1John 2:4

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1John 3:22

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. 1John 3:24

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1John 5:2

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1John 5:3

And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. 2John 1:6

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Revelation 12:17

Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Revelation 12:14

Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Revelation 22:14

:cool:

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 15 2009,13:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 16 2009,07:35)
    Hi Not3,
    I am serious when I say the influence of movies of mores in society is huge.

But we are not OF the world are we?

Creating sins out of worldy stuff is not the issue but we should be a greater influence on our children for good as they grow than the world's oppressive and manipulative control.

Are you trying to say that I need to be a better influence on my children for good rather than evil?  In other words, I should not participate in Halloween because it's a bad influence on my children?

Please tell me you are not judging me and my family in this way?

I find it pretty ironic that no one has asked what we plan to do for Halloween, or how we even celebrate it.  For all you know – we have a dinner and bible study.  Egads!

That excuse sounds kinda Catholic to me, sin all week is cool cause on SUNday there is confession to make it all better.

“I like holloween, but to make sure we be cool we have the good ol bible study at dinner”

Gotta luv Justification.

Oh and I dont think Nick is judging you, but maybe the things you do and train up your children to do.

The ol fruit and tree thingy.

No offense.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 16 2009,09:05)

Hi Not3,

Creating sins out of worldy stuff is not the issue but we should be a greater influence on our children for good as they grow than the world's oppressive and manipulative control.

Are you trying to say that I need to be a better influence on my children for good rather than evil?  In other words, I should not participate in Halloween because it's a bad influence on my children?

I find it pretty ironic that no one has asked what we plan to do for Halloween, or how we even celebrate it.  For all you know – we have a dinner and bible study.  Egads!

That excuse sounds kinda Catholic to me, sin all week is cool cause on SUNday there is confession to make it all better.

“I like holloween, but to make sure we be cool we have the good ol bible study at dinner”

Gotta luv Justification.

Oh and I dont think Nick is judging you, but maybe the things you do and train up your children to do.

No offense.

Let's talk about the fruit and tree thingy. You called WJ a “fool” which is prohibited.

Get the beam out of your eye dude!

thinker

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 16 2009,08:13)
    Hi not3,
    Are you of the world?
    Are you part of the answer or part of the problem?
    Are you the educator of your children in how to look at these sorts of things?

Oh….are you sure you want to go here, bro? If so, bring it. But I think you should re-think this. I'll give you time to think about what you are saying to me before I respond.

Love,
    Mandy

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,13:47)

WJ

Because I understand that the vision was also about the Gentiles being saved and grafted in.

But you have rejected a part of the vision and closed your eyes where the Father calls the beast clean and commands Peter to eat.

WJ

Funny you say that vision Peter could NOT understand THREE times was about MEAT now being clean. You are more enlightened than Peter, since after THREE times he failed to comprehend what you say is truth, truly amazing.

Then AFTER the HOLY SPIRIT INTERPRETS the DREAM/VISION for Peter and Peter becomes AWARE that it was about a COMMON/UNCLEAN GENTILE, and THAT he is to TAKE the GOSPEL to the GENTILES you, say NO NO NO!

You say the GENTILES could NOT BECOME UNCOMMON/CLEAN UNLESS the animals BECAME CLEAN, Do you really believe GOD has to do it by a process?

Instead of it just being a vision, that the HOLY SPIRIT gave light too?

A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words. A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes. A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool. A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent. The way of a fool [is] right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel [is] wise. The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.

WJ

WJ

NOPE!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    Cultural habits are not from the Lord Jesus or his God.
    We need to become wiser than the world and help our children do so too.
    Traditions are hard to break free from but our attitudes to them should gradually change.

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,17:00)

Nick said:

Hi,
    If there was ever any doubt as to the hold of tradition look at the vigorous defence of this irrelevant pagan tradition.

Nick,
    It's not about defending a pagan tradition in my estimation. It's about defending Christian liberty. Haven't you been listening? ???

See for yourself what this has led many to say here. We are being told now that we can't eat certain meats. Those who deny Christian liberty in one area end up reviving old covenant regulations. Gene and Con are trying to revive the Levitical codes and all that stuff.

How can the Levitical codes be revived when there is no Levitical priesthood to administrate them? That priesthood went out with ALL its codes and the revival of the codes implies the revival of the priesthood. Since Christ's priesthood has replaced the Levitical priesthood, and He is a priest “forever” we can be sure that the entire Levitical order with its priests and its codes will not be revived.

Paul said that we could eat meat in a pagan temple if it did not cause our brother to stumble (1 Cor. 8). How could passing out candy to children be worse?

thinker

Seems to me you are defending teaching little children to pagan traditions through christian liberty. I think we all have been listening.

What does this mean?:

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:18-22

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Matthew 19:17

On these two commandments hang (encompass) all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:40

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. Mark 10:19

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: Mark 12:29

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. Luke 18:20

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. John 14:21

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. John 15:10

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. 1Corinthians 7:19

If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 1Corinthians 14:37

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances (the curse of the rules within) ; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace; Ephesians 2:15

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1John 2:4

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1John 3:22

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. 1John 3:24

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1John 5:2

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1John 5:3

And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. 2John 1:6

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Revelation 12:17

Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Revelation 12:14

Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Revelation 22:14

Hi All

Can anybody tell us what these commandments have to do with giving candy to kids?

Or eating meats that have been cleansed by the word of God and Prayer?

WJ

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 15 2009,13:09)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 16 2009,08:07)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 16 2009,08:03)

Hi Not3,

And how do you celebrate Satanic festivals? Would it be okay?

The self-appointed judges are just coming out of the woodwork.

thinker

And your'e not one? :O

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 16 2009,09:05)

Hi Not3,

Gotta luv Justification.

No offense.

10.Matthew 7:2
    For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    Matthew

Ouch!

Love,
    Mandy

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 15 2009,14:26)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,17:00)

Nick said:

Hi,

Nick,

thinker

What does this mean?:

Hi All

Can anybody tell us what these commandments have to do with giving candy to kids?

Or eating meats that have been cleansed by the word of God and Prayer?

WJ

Ask the Thinker he brought it up, I responded to it. But I think you are aware of that, since you have been reading the posts.

Giving candy has nothing to do with the law of God err, unless its the vessel in which you give children candy, like having them dress up like goblins, witches, warlocks, ghosts, the dead, etc. . .

Then it might have something to do with the commandments, but I am sure you believe as TT there are no more commandments in existance. Right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    1 Peter 2.
    Rom 12
    1 Cor 7

KangarooJack
    Participant

WJ asked Con:

Con replied:

NOPE!

Paul said:

I KNOW and am CONVINCED BY THE LORD JESUS that nothing is unclean of itself; but to Him who considers it unclean it is unclean (Rom. 14:14)

Paul was convinced by the Lord Jesus that no meats are unclean in themselves. Constitutionalist is convinced by his weak conscience that certain meats are unclean.

thinker

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 15 2009,17:22)

WJ

WJ

NOPE!

Hi all

Lets let the scritpures be the judge and see if Con is telling the truth!

The Spirit clearly says that in later times SOME WILL ABANDON THE FAITH and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons”. Such teachings come through “HYPOCRITICAL LIARS”, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. “They forbid” people to marry “AND ORDER THEM **TO ABSTAIN FROM CERTAIN FOODS**, which GOD CREATED TO BE RECEIVED WITH THANKSGIVING by those who believe and who know the truth”. “FOR EVERYTHING GOD CREATED IS GOOD, and “NOTHING IS TO BE REJECTED” if it is received with thanksgiving, because “IT IS CONSECRATED BY THE WORD OF GOD AND PRAYER”. If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, “brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed”. 1 Tim 4:1-6

So you do not believe Pauls words then?

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Con said:

Then it might have something to do with the commandments, but I am sure you believe as TT there are no more commandments in existance. Right?

Yeap! The Levitical codes are dead!

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account