Hades/hell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

REVELATION 20:13
    “And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha′des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    It is interesting that those in the sea are not in the other places, Death and Hades.

NickHassan
    Participant

more w

david
    Participant

more more

TJStarfire
    Participant

144000 JWs?
    I've heard of the 144000 who have never known woman but how do they get to be from any one sect?

david
    Participant

“hades/hell”

If I am not mistaken, in the Old Testament, Hell can be referred to as two distinct places in hell, one the upper and one the lower. The lower part of hell is where all those who are lost will remain until the day of judgement. The upper part of hell was the place where the righteous dead were held captive until Jesus set them free once he defeated death. The upper part of hell was also called by Jesus, the bosom of Abraham.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

chicano4571
    Participant

to : the four horseman ……….you are wrong.

charity
    Participant

Therefore a judgment had be completed for the graves to open and many saints came forward to preach in the cities, the gates of hell did not prevail
    Yet still the another part a final judgment

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Judgment has now proceeded to the final offence, be placed in the new heaven prepared for us or burn in the eternal fire a second death.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    1Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

acertainchap
    Participant

hades is the temporary place for the dead and hell [aka Gehenna] is the final place that the dead will reside after the Great White Throne Judgement.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ACC,
    Yes
    The second death.
    There is another locked thread towards the end of Truth or Tradition

acertainchap
    Participant

Hi Nick please respond to the thread with your name. I am eagerly awaiting your response.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Many would prefer the lake of fire to not exist.
    Unlike death it does not destroy just the body but the soul as well.[Mt 10.28]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Hades is described by Jesus in Lk 16
    ” 23″In (U)Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.

24″And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.”

But that waiting place is only temporary and is cast into the lake of fire.

Rev20
    “13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire This is the second death, the lake of fire.

15And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”

So it is the second death, the lake of fire, that is more relevant.
    It is spoken of by Jesus in Matt 10

28″Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

This is a soul issue .
    Ps 49
    “12But man in his pomp will not endure;
    He is like the beasts that perish.
    13This is the way of those who are foolish,
    And of those after them who approve their words. Selah.
    14As sheep they are appointed for Sheol;
    Death shall be their shepherd;
    And the upright shall rule over them in the morning,
    And their form shall be for Sheol to consume
    So that they have no habitation.
    15But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol,”

The earth consumes the body of natural man and he is not promised a new body as the children of God are.

1Cor 15
    42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body;

43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;

44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

45So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL ” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

46However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.

47The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.

48As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.

49Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly. “

The soul of men will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
    What of their bodies which have been destroyed by earth?
    So how will natural men be resurrected – does anyone know?

NickHassan
    Participant

Topical

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2005,09:18)

Quote (Guest @ June 30 2005,08:23)
    Example 1:

(Acts 2:27)  Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell [Gk. word HADES], neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

The same Greek word is used in verse 31.

These verses are quoting (Psa 16:10)  For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell [Heb. word SHEOL]; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Hence the equivalent Greek word for SHEOL is HADES
    And it is used that way throughout the NT

Example 2:

(1 Cor 15:55)  O death, where is thy sting? O grave [Gk word HADES], where is thy victory?

Paul is alluding to (Hosea 13:14)  I will ransom them from the power of the grave [Heb. SHEOL]; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave [Heb. SHEOL], I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Again, the Greek word HADES is being used as the equivalent to the Hebrew word SHEOL.

Hope this helps …
    Adam Pastor

Hi Adam P,
    Certainly such parallels are suggestive but not conclusive proof.
    It does not exclude Hades as being part of a whole called Sheol.
    Often, as you know, one scripture is more detailed in meaning than another.

For example you can compare verses in Matthew, Mark or Luke reporting the same things spoken by Jesus but one may remember and record greater detail than another without contradiction occurring.

Greetings Nick….You are correct they are not conclusive ,
    they are consistant with the Grave….And one can conclude
    from them that…Jesus was three days and nights in the
    grave….being spared corruption…

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 321 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account