Graven Images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (jhenTux @ Mar. 07 2008,12:18)

thou shall not bow…..

is kneeling a form of worship?

and what about this verse:

1 Samuel 24:8 “Then David went out of the cave and called out to Saul, 'My lord the King!' When Saul looked behind, David bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.”

HI:

Jesus gave us intstructions that when we pray we should pray to God and not to the virgin Mary or to other saints.

Many of the Catholic doctrines are just not in accordance to the Word of God.

Deut. 5:8
    Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

I believe that this commandment is quite clear.  When we kneel, I would think that usually it is to pray, and so yes, it would be a form of worship.

Bowing to king to show respect for him and his authority, is not worshipping him as God.

jhenTux
    Participant

“The column in the Piazza celebrates the famous icon of the Virgin Mary in the Pauline chapel of the Basilica. It is known as Salus Populi Romani, or Health of the Roman People, due to a miracle in which the icon helped keep plague from the city. The icon is at least a thousand years old, and tradition holds that it was painted from life by St. Luke the Evangelist. “

reference: wikipedia.org

how true is this? st luke painted that image and used in worship?

Shania
    Participant

That picture is nasty… and it is not Mary. Idolotry and images came into the church through the Roman Catholic system.. At the time of Constantine, there was another popular religion; mithraism. {look it up} If you look into the roots of catholic idols, you will find that they existed long before the catholic church and that they were just re-named. There is a lot that could be said about this, but it is better for one to find it for himself (or herself). For example, there is a statue of “Peter” at St Peters Basillica, whose feet have been worn from being kissed. Dig a little deeper and you will find that the statue is of Zeus, renamed “Peter” when RCC became populized and enforced.

Shania
    Participant

As for the dolls, pictures, mirrors, ect… I will not tell you to go against your conscience. I will say that Babylon is everywhere- even in our language. For example, the days of the week are named after gods: Moonday, Thor's day, Fria day, Saturn day, Sun (god/ sun worship) day. Are we to not use the names of days?

Something to think about-
    we can have traditions or not have them; we can abstain from dolls or not abstain from them, but if we are not walking in righteousness and turning away from sin and having a real, intimate, personal relationship with our Father through our Savior, then what is the point?

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account