Graven Images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    ALivingStone
    Participant

I believe in a plain simple God, Who likes farming. I work on a farm( dairy) and you wouldn't believe how enlightening it has been to me an my understanding of scripture.
    In the winter when the weather is wet the surface of the ground  is very pugged by the heavy footed cattle beasts. this reduces the pasture growth so we have to roll it flat with a heavy roller. how do I know that God cares about this.

Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain  

From this I glean that flat is good and up and down is bad.

digging is not really Gods plan it's actually His cruse. perhaps this is why he prefered Ables sarfice to Cains. Just look at all the miners who have died because they couldn't stop scratch'n round in the dirt. I to work below ground when milking cows in a “pit”. We also have an other “pit” where we throw dead things. That is one “depression” you wouldn't want to stumble  and “fall” into.

So my theory is If you want to work with God and not against Him you don't go mining and you don't try raising youself up either ie sky scrapers the whole babel thing also a no no.
    in fact tall buildings remind me of the “horn” we hear a lot about in the bible. Such proud erection's.

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

God also instructs us to dress plainly rather than dress up or down

1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;  

tattoo and peiceing wouldn't be encourged either.  I believe our bodies especially our faces are important to God and all our attempts to alter or enhance or degrade them have to be like us trying to tell God He didn't do a good enough job and we can do better. Or of course just not seeing any value in ourselves.

Exd 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:  

God made the earth and we have seen his plan for it, levelness.
    God also made us and we have also seen his plan for us is the same the stong lift up the weak the rich providing for the poor and so on.

But what about the things we make. Its obviously ok to make pots and curtains and cars and the like but this verse expressly forbides the manufacture of any GRAVEN image of anything God has made.
    I take Graven to mean anything above or below the flat plain.
    But I guess it could just mean anything made by mankind. But If we stick to the flat plain then photos & films are ok but of course many many are not.

Yes I know what you are thinking my poor children. Yes the dolls did go in the fire! we just had another child for my eldest to “mother”.  But this is dealing only with the physical realm where man makes a golden calf then forgets that he created it and begins to thank it for creating him.  the shear insanity of it! what about money where it is created to serve man and instead man becomes its slave.

A doll has no more personality than a rock it is an it. Yet no one can relate with an it so the person creates a personality. is there not (given human history) a great danger of falling into the power of this personality that has been created. My answer is yes. If you have Children you will know the propensity of the world to slap a set of eyes on every thing from rocks to cars to veges . Just about every childrens storybook has animals dressed in clothes  walking on their back legs and talking. Is it any wonder animal rights have become elavated even above human.

The world is chocked full of graven images. most homes have some in them many would have thousands we eat bear shaped biscuts and animal vitamins. As followers of christ we  like to think of or homes as refuges from the wickedness of the world and yet when the power of these truthes fades the enermy is able to penertrate our very gates. His aim to slowly but surely drag us down to the grave by many little hooks in the flesh.

be vigilulant my friends

Mat 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great [is] that darkness!  

Not3in1
    Participant

LS,

Welcome.

Remember that it is very easy to become legalistic about anything and everything, but Christ has come to set us free!!

We are even allowed to eat meat that has been sacrificed to idol's (provided no other person falls because of our freedom). Consider this when you are burning your children's dolls. :( I doubt very seriously that your children consider the dolls to be graven images. To the pure, everything is pure.

charity
    Participant

:D A great path… LS, We all must travel thru and consider everything as you have done, and you have such desire and Love for the Lord, pure in all, that you will not refrain from doing whatever the Lords asks of you…Nice Heart

When I considered this, I thought… even as we count a thing and Name it an Idol, perhaps as Mandy wisdom reveals we have given it power to be a force by acknowledgment.

God bless you we are all wishing to end up in the same Place together

Thanks Mandy your words were spoken with such freedom!

charity

IM4Truth
    Participant

Hello Aliving Stone! Welcome I agree with Mandy and Charity! We are not under the O.T. Law anymore. That was a covenant that God made with Moses. I have a Post on the Covenants were I have all outlined. That is what God has revealed to my Husband and I. Not everybody on this site will agree with us, and each of us has to be convinced in our own mind. Prove all things. 1Thes. 5:21.
    Good luck in searching out the truth.
    Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D

ALivingStone
    Participant

Thank you ladies,

Don't worry I'm not some big hairy doll burning monster in fact,and this is a big frustration, even if one decides that perhaps some things are not for me or my family and makes it a policy not to buy such, it becomes difficult when friends and family give gifts which dont comply with the new code. So she's got some dolls. It is extremely hard to refuse to accept a gift even if they are only giving it out of duty and went to the two dollar shop on the way to the party as an after thought they will still be offended. And what do you do wait till the guests have gone home then seize it.

Its all very well to say we are free from the law but it is not a reality every one has a line its just a matter of where you draw it. For instance I don't know if you all have children but If you do where do you draw the line? I might say no dolls but surely youall
    can't allow every thing the unregerate toy designers come up with into your little ones lives.

It was for freedom that christ set us free.
    But Free to do what ,despise his law? But his law is good. Can you or I make a better law to live by than the one God has given? If we can maybe we ourselves ought to be God.

It's only the penalty of the law that we are freed from. This is my gospel, Grace is an amnesty period, a beather from the wrath of God in order that I might by obedience to the commandments, bring forth fruit in keeping with repentence. There will still be a judgement and what will it be according to what I thought was right? But I honesty thought it was allright to beat my wife Lord?

We wonder why the is no fear of God amongst the hearts of man. Its because every man, including some of those who call themselves christian, has elected himself God and pronouced himself above any law and innocent of any wrong doing.

It's good that eating idol meat is ok cause its my understanding that all or most of the meat offered for sale in New Zealand super markets is Halal slatered, all or most shop bought yoghut has halal gelatine. The indian resturant has an image of Ganesha at the door The chinnese take away have a shrine to budda or some other god. It would be had to find anything not offered to another god unless you grew your own.

I guess I brought this up not to bring a yolk of bondage on anyone but to expose one small area of the corruption that we see all around us. Should our lives once given to christ be unchanged? Are we of a different spirit? or do we say I am just like you only “christian”.
    What is the equivelant of the shrine in our lives. A Cruicfix on the wall of our house?

We are the image of God we are the shrine we are the temple. Living a Holy life is our worship.
    I want to rid my life and home of every false way/thing and fill it with the presence of God.
    I truly belive that its our acceptance of false doctrine/gods/practices that have robbed the church of its heart for people and turned it into a bless me club. Its Godliness in form only lacking the power.

The law of the lord is perfect converting the soul.

david
    Participant

Exd 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:

Hello Living stone.
    Is it the making of them or the worshipping of them that is wrong?

The next verse continues:
    You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion,

Similar phrasing is found here.
    DEUTERONOMY 4:16-20
    “that YOU may not act ruinously and may not really make for yourselves a carved image, the form of any symbol, the representation of male or female, the representation of any beast that is in the earth, the representation of any winged bird that flies in the heavens, the representation of anything moving on the ground, the representation of any fish that is in the waters under the earth; and that you may not raise your eyes to the heavens and indeed see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the army of the heavens, and actually get seduced AND BOW DOWN TO THEM AND SERVE THEM, which Jehovah your God has apportioned to all the peoples under the whole heavens. But YOU are the ones Jehovah took that he might bring YOU out of the iron furnace, out of Egypt, to become a people of private ownership to him as at this day.”

I don't believe it's the making of them. It's making them for the purpose of idols.

LEVITICUS 26:1
    ““‘YOU must not make valueless gods for yourselves, and YOU must not set up a carved image or a sacred pillar for yourselves, and YOU must not put a stone as a showpiece in YOUR land in order to bow down toward it; for I am Jehovah YOUR God.”

DEUTERONOMY 4:16
    “that YOU may not act ruinously and may not really make for yourselves a carved image, the form of any symbol, the representation of male or female,”

DEUTERONOMY 5:8
    ““‘You must not make for yourself a carved image, any form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth.”

ISAIAH 40:25
    ““But to whom can YOU people liken me so that I should be made his equal?” says the Holy One.”

ACTS 17:29
    ““Seeing, therefore, that we are the progeny of God, we ought not to imagine that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, like something sculptured by the art and contrivance of man.”

1 CORINTHIANS 8:4
    “Now concerning the eating of foods offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no God but one.”

REVELATION 9:20
    “But the rest of the men who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands, so that they should not worship the demons and the idols of gold and silver and copper and stone and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;”

Remember, these words were found in the law. Yet, consider the cherubs on the ark, for example. As long as these were not to be worshiped, it was ok.

david

IM4Truth
    Participant

A living Stone
    Just because we are under the New Covenant does not give is a License to commit a Sin. On the contrary the Law was magnified on the Sermon on the Mount. The New Covenant is that we are under Christ Blood, and Sin is not imputed to us, meaning what? You are right the penalty has been taken away, but we still have to ask for forgiveness when we sin. We are still Human and we will sin. Jesus also gave us the greatest commandment of all ” Love God with all of your Heart and Love your neighbor as thyself.” So the law has been made spirituall. And Jesus did fulfill it. Ephesians shows us that eternal life is a gift from God not of works, so no one can boast.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    Romans 6:23
    Jesus looks more on the heart, then on how you keep the Sabbath for instance, that seems to be hot topic, do we still have to keep the Sabbath?
    Math. 12:8 For the Son is Lord even of the Sabbath. Why did the Scribes and Pharosees question Jesus about that. Is it wrong to do good on the Sabbath?
    What does Paul say about that
    Romans 14:5

” One esteems one day and another keeps every day alike.” He does tell us that we should not stop meeting like some did. For the fellowship with other like minded people. But in today's society that is rather hard to do. Everybody believes something else. Except the trinitarians, seems that the world is deceived. Come out of Her my People it says in Rev…..

Peace and Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

David Is it the making of them or the worshipping of them that;s wrong? And where are we making an Idol? Since you saying “them” I am included in that.
    Since you are making an accussation I want an answer.

Mrs.

IM4Truth
    Participant

David One more thing, do you know if we are making an graven Image and kneeling in front of it and worshipping it?
    You do not know that, do you!
    So you are jumping to a conclusion, that is wrong! And I feel insulted, David.
    Mrs.

michaels
    Participant

hi, a living stone me can see truly God is leading you in all truth in this last day,yet people even worship pictures,and movies above God,these are all vanities ,God lead us to burn all pictures,dolls,ect…any image,even thew out the tv. this is not leagalistic, for what good are all these dead things,for truly they are only as good as kindleing for the fire.yet in todays day its hard to escape all these things of satan. you cant buy hardly anything without this mark of the beast on it,images from heaven or earth. come out of her my children.

michaels
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 16 2007,22:10)
    David   One more thing, do you know if we are making an graven Image and kneeling in front of it and worshipping it?
    Mrs.

this scripture says or bowing down to it.not and bowing down to it,God makes it very clear not to make them before mentioning not to worship them,if we dident make them then he would have never had to say the part about bowing to them,yet we do make them and the whole world bows to them ,yet they will remain blind until God opens there eyes.the whole world followed after the beast.

IM4Truth
    Participant

michaels Good to hear from you again, but I would like an answer from David on that post. O.K.

Peace and Love Mrs.:D :D

michaels
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 16 2007,21:03)

Hello Living stone.
    Is it the making of them or the worshipping of them that is wrong?

The next verse continues:
    You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion,

Similar phrasing is found here.
    DEUTERONOMY 4:16-20
    “that YOU may not act ruinously and may not really make for yourselves a carved image, the form of any symbol, the representation of male or female, the representation of any beast that is in the earth, the representation of any winged bird that flies in the heavens, the representation of anything moving on the ground, the representation of any fish that is in the waters under the earth; and that you may not raise your eyes to the heavens and indeed see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the army of the heavens, and actually get seduced AND BOW DOWN TO THEM AND SERVE THEM, which Jehovah your God has apportioned to all the peoples under the whole heavens. But YOU are the ones Jehovah took that he might bring YOU out of the iron furnace, out of Egypt, to become a people of private ownership to him as at this day.”

I don't believe it's the making of them.  It's making them for the purpose of idols.

LEVITICUS 26:1
    ““‘YOU must not make valueless gods for yourselves, and YOU must not set up a carved image or a sacred pillar for yourselves, and YOU must not put a stone as a showpiece in YOUR land in order to bow down toward it; for I am Jehovah YOUR God.”

DEUTERONOMY 4:16
    “that YOU may not act ruinously and may not really make for yourselves a carved image, the form of any symbol, the representation of male or female,”

DEUTERONOMY 5:8
    ““‘You must not make for yourself a carved image, any form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth.”

ISAIAH 40:25
    ““But to whom can YOU people liken me so that I should be made his equal?” says the Holy One.”

ACTS 17:29
    ““Seeing, therefore, that we are the progeny of God, we ought not to imagine that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, like something sculptured by the art and contrivance of man.”

1 CORINTHIANS 8:4
    “Now concerning the eating of foods offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no God but one.”

REVELATION 9:20
    “But the rest of the men who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands, so that they should not worship the demons and the idols of gold and silver and copper and stone and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;”

Remember, these words were found in the law.  Yet, consider the cherubs on the ark, for example.  As long as these were not to be worshiped, it was ok.

david

men who make images ,others worship,even praying to a picture of thier prophet.so who holds more guilt the maker or the worshiper,hmmm well if arron did not make the calf no one could have sined by worshiping it,are you saying arron is free from the sin he made a way for others to commit?God did not have the tabernacle built ,but satan that angel God sent to test them,for God can not contridict himself,by saying make vain images,after saying not to,why would God want fake cherebs when he has real ones,this truly was satan sitting in the fake temple of God ,pretending to be God,declairing himself to be God.the man of sin.whose tabernacle did they build hmmm.acts 7:41-43 amos 5:25-27.clearly they worshiped satan for fourty years in the desert,in the tabernacle of molech,as it says in verse 42 God turned,so he left them because they dident want him.after ex23 starting in ex 24 they followed satan thinking satan was God,after all he had Gods name in him.this murdering angle.moses imediatly became a murderer too saying ,the lord said everyone kill your brother,makeing God out to be a liar.for God said do not kill.let every man be a liar and God the TRUTH.may the TRUTH lead you into all TRUTH!!!

ALivingStone
    Participant

well we dont even have to make anything physical to “make” an image as i tryed to explain with my daugthers doll, she didn't make it, but she makes up the personality so she can relate to the lifeless thing.
    As michaels says if they are not made they can't be bowed to or worshiped.
    The few people I have shared this revealtion to have reacted an such a defensive manner and one even told me the I was making an idol of “getting rid of idols”. She could have a point.
    believe it or not I was making an idol out of my lawn. When it's mowed it looks so good and pleasing to my eye that i felt perverse. Then God struck my lawn mower and that was the end of that:laugh:
    People “make” idols of everything probally other people more than anything they put faith in a pastor then he falls into sin and they lose their faith.
    We serve an invisible God yet our flesh hungers for something we can see. A sensual feast.
    Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

We make or buy something just to pretty up our house and we look at it this way and it gives us pleasure we look at it from another way and it gives us more pleasure we find a better place where it can be seen more oftern and a guest gives a complement on it and our heart swells with pride then a wicked child throws a ball in the house and smashes it. Heartbroken.
    Where ever your treasure is there will your heart be also.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Aliving Stone I disagree that you can make an idol of your possessions, one has to be careful not to over doing it. But I find nothing wrong with what your children have given to you as gifts or pictures of your children. We can overdo it with everything and that is then wrong. But what is wrong for a child to have a Doll? Do you have children? Would your child not feel left out if and when she will have friends that have dolls. Would that be good for a child. How would you tell a child she is not getting any toys to play with? We do not have any more small children, so I do not have to worry about that. But there is a Mother who has children on this website. Some toys are also educational so that to would not make sense to do away with them. And we do not worship those things. The only image that christian use that I find is wrong when they kneel in front of a cross and worship it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

michaels
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 17 2007,02:32)
    Aliving Stone  I disagree that you can make an idol of your possessions, one has to be careful not to over doing it. But I find nothing wrong with what your children have given to you as gifts or pictures of your children. We can overdo it with everything and that is then wrong. But what is wrong for a child to have a Doll? Do you have children? Would your child not feel left out if and when she will have friends that have dolls. Would that be good for a child. How would you tell a child she is not getting any toys to play with? We do not have any more small children, so I do not have to worry about that. But there is a Mother who has children on this website. Some toys are also educational so that to would not make sense to do away with them. And we do not worship those things. The only image that christian use that I find is wrong when they kneel in front of a cross and worship it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

you can make anything an idol even a mirror,me and my children spray painted our mirror in the bathroom white,and wrote on it (dont look to self but only to God)hmmm my wife dident like this very much?this was not for her but for me because me proud and like to look at my self for God made me very well,you might even say good,for God said and it was good.anyhow as supriseing as it might seem my wife still loves me,yet she is not at all happy about the mirror,only thanks to God,for without him she would be very angry with me.my children dont have any vain images on there clothes,or stuffed animals,dolls ect…and they get along just fine.in fact they are brave for God willing to destroy all these evil images,and to tell the world the truth that this is truely against God,for all they want to do is please the FATHER.what a great heart God has given the children,that they dont care about the traditions of men but only to please the FATHER.imagine all the familiar spirits that come with those stuffed animals and dolls children talk to instead of God,hmmm,may the LORD lead you into all TRUTH>me love you.

ALivingStone
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 16 2007,18:32)
    Aliving Stone  I disagree that you can make an idol of your possessions, one has to be careful not to over doing it. But I find nothing wrong with what your children have given to you as gifts or pictures of your children. We can overdo it with everything and that is then wrong. But what is wrong for a child to have a Doll? Do you have children? Would your child not feel left out if and when she will have friends that have dolls. Would that be good for a child. How would you tell a child she is not getting any toys to play with? We do not have any more small children, so I do not have to worry about that. But there is a Mother who has children on this website. Some toys are also educational so that to would not make sense to do away with them. And we do not worship those things. The only image that christian use that I find is wrong when they kneel in front of a cross and worship it.

Peace and Love Mrs.

I do have children three. they are just like other children, they need to be trained. They grow by themselves but if I as a parent don't direct that growth how should I expect them to turn out righteous. I tell them what God has taught me and they believe me,after all my wife and i are their only full time teachers, I wouldn't dream of handing them over to the state school system. I liken that to tossing your child into the mainstream and then coming back 5-10 years later to fish them out only to find they have been swept out ot sea!

I dont want my children to stumble around in the darkness like I had to. My parents were christian and we went to church but these were not much help in finding the path to truth.
    The amount of deception out there is staggering, the powers of darkness grossly under estimated. I will that more people would over do it as you say. then we might have a kingdom of overcomers. Instead we are overcome by the fear of man. Do you think the Devil doesn't know this. This fear of living differently is his greatest weapon.
    I thing I have learned is that just because alot of people are doing something(or not doing something) it doesn't make it right. The spirit of christ is a lonely spirit. He was despised and rejected many times we want support but just can't find it and must go it alone. As our lord did. No one stood by him every one deserted him. he carried His cross alone.

About the bowing. Is it the bowing down that constitues worship. If we are to obey the great commandment and love the Lord our God with all our heart all our soul and all our strength then how much of our love can we give to any other thing/person? Zero.
    If there is only one God and we are to love him with our all then it must be whole hearted. If only half of our heart is with  Him where is the other half is with a valueless idol. We have forsaken the king of life to cling to dead things.

God wants all our heart but we so easily love the things of the world which will be destroyed. As the saying goes man was made to love people and use things but instead he loves things and use's people.
    Any attempt I might make to make my life and family idol free is not a dead work to earn my salvation but a disipline to train myself and my family to love God completely and wholehearted. satan will not make a whore out of me.
    I know my beloved.

david
    Participant

David Is it the making of them or the worshipping of them that;s wrong? And where are we making an Idol? Since you saying “them” I am included in that.
    Since you are making an accussation I want an answer.

Mrs.

David One more thing, do you know if we are making an graven Image and kneeling in front of it and worshipping it?
    Mrs.

I'm sorry Mrs. IM4truth.

I think you must have misunderstood what I said, or was trying to say. First, my comment was to livingstone. Nothing I said was directed to you.

I think perhaps you are the one jumping to the wrong conclusion.

The only thing I was saying in my post was this:

“Is it the making of them [graven images] or the worshipping of them that is wrong? . . .I don't believe it's the making of them. It's making them for the purpose of idols. . . .Remember, these words were found in the law. Yet, consider the cherubs on the ark, for example. As long as these were not to be worshiped, it was ok.”

Other than the scriptures quoted, that's all I said.

I think the “them” you were referring to (and interpretting to include yourself) was the idols/graven images I was speaking of. I'm not sure exactly what you are taking offense at, but I am sure you must have misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

david

david
    Participant

Are you guys saying that if I'm a painter or an artist, I'm not allowed to make paintings or sculptures or representations of anything?

Representative figures of cherubs were included in the furnishings of the tabernacle set up in the wilderness. Rising above each end of the Ark’s cover were two cherubs of hammered gold.

Also, the inner covering of tent cloths for the tabernacle and the curtain dividing the Holy from the Most Holy had embroidered cherub figures.—Ex 26:1, 31; 36:8, 35.

The detailed architectural plans for Solomon’s magnificent temple called for two huge cherubs in the Most Holy. They were made of oil-tree wood overlaid with gold, each standing ten cubits

Yet, the scripture says: You must not make a representation of anything that is in heaven above or on earth….

Were they breaking their law? No. For the next verse always continues in each place, saying:

you must bow down and serve them.

“Little children, guard yourselves from idols.”—1 JOHN 5:21.

Jehovah is no idol of metal, wood, or stone. He cannot be housed in an earthly temple. Since he is the almighty Spirit, invisible to humans, it is impossible to make an image of him. Hence, the pure worship of Jehovah must be totally free of idolatry.—Exodus 33:20; Acts 17:24; 2 Corinthians 3:17.

Idolatry is the veneration, love, worship, or adoration of an idol.
    An idol is an image, a representation of something, or a symbol, that is an object of devotion.

Not all images are idols. God himself told the Israelites to make two golden cherubs for the ark of the covenant and to embroider representations of such spirit creatures on the inner covering of ten tent cloths for the tabernacle and on the curtain separating the Holy from the Most Holy. (Exodus 25:1, 18; 26:1, 31-33)
    It is evident that the tabernacle representations of cherubs were not to be venerated, since righteous angels themselves would not accept worship.—Colossians 2:18; Revelation 19:10; 22:8, 9.

I forgot to mention that the inside of Solomon's temple not only had representations of cherubs, but also palm tree figures and blossoms.

The molten sea rested upon 12 copper bulls, and the sidewalls of the copper carriages for temple use were decorated with figures of lions, bulls, and cherubs. (1Ki 7:25, 28, 29) Twelve lions lined the steps leading up to Solomon’s throne.—2Ch 9:17-19.

These representations, however, were not idols for worship.

Of course, there were times when images became idols, although not originally intended as objects of veneration. The copper serpent that Moses formed in the wilderness came to be worshiped, and therefore faithful King Hezekiah crushed it to pieces. (Nu 21:9; 2Ki 18:1, 4) The ephod made by Judge Gideon became “a snare” to him and to his household.—Jg 8:27.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Michaels You know God wants us to look the very best that we can. We have to dress moderate not like some do, I do agree on that. But I find nothing wrong to have a mirror to see if my Hair is straight.
    There is an organization that is like you want to be. The Amish, you should join them. I do agree that some woman really over do it when they die there hair purple etc, Come out of her my people. We have some time ago, and yes we are isolated, surrounded by trinitarians.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account