Gospel of Matthew

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 274 total)
  • Author
    Unisage
    Participant

What I meant by poor Matthew.. People just pick and choose to what apostle they like to blow out of the water.I have seen this with the anti-pauleen groups and many others..
    This is nothing new under the sun.

This is why i wrote as I wrote..

But still I have my difference with Christianity.

If Towshab is Jewish and dont believe in the messiah that would be his own reasons..But if he thinks that the Torah/talmud/tanakh is perfect..He better look again.

It is hard to translate any language..But the point of the matter is people cant set it in gold and call it the truth.Even Scholars cant even agree more or less the Rabbi..Where does that leave the rest of us? I will tell you..Searching for the truth.

There are Jews, who debate on the correct name of there God..And you would think every Jew should know..I mean after all it is a commandment! They have taken it in Vain…Deuteronomy 5:11 and Isaiah 42:8

But if people like to attack the New testament you need to attack the Old first.I mean after all what is in the new should be in the old.. :;):

Have a good day..

Towshab
    Participant

Matthew just happens to be the first book in the Christian bible. Since it was supposedly written to Jewish people I merely wanted to show how it fails to convert Jews who know their scripture because of the many conflicts with Tanakh (and itself and other gospels).

Unisage
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 09 2007,11:22)
    Matthew just happens to be the first book in the Christian bible. Since it was supposedly written to Jewish people I merely wanted to show how it fails to convert Jews who know their scripture because of the many conflicts with Tanakh (and itself and other gospels).

I believe Matthew was also written in Hebrew if i am not mistaken..That was the only one that they found that was written in hebrew.

But I do not believe that the greek (New Testament)was written to the Avg.Hebrew people..As what Christianity wants people to believe..There is no way in the world that the Average Hebrew person could read or write greek for that matter.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Unisage @ Nov. 09 2007,04:56)
    But if people like to attack the New testament you need to attack the Old first.I mean after all what is in the new should be in the old.. :;):

Hear hear!

And…scholars can't even agree on who wrote the book of Matthew, or when it was written.

Stuart

charity
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 09 2007,18:56)

Hear hear!

And…scholars can't even agree on who wrote the book of Matthew, or when it was written.

Stuart

:D Stuart…Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 09 2007,19:09)

Hear hear!

Stuart

I'd be careful what you say about bacteria if I were you. microorganisms are the ones who really have dominion over the earth!

:;):

Stuart

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 09 2007,19:23)

Hear hear!

Stuart

I'd be careful what you say about bacteria if I were you.  microorganisms are the ones who really have dominion over the earth!

Stuart

Stu God has dominion over the earth. Nothing else.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 09 2007,20:02)

Hear hear!

Stuart

I'd be careful what you say about bacteria if I were you.  microorganisms are the ones who really have dominion over the earth!

Stuart

Stu   God has dominion over the earth. Nothing else.

Peace and Love Mrs.

I thought the meek were inheriting it?

Stuart

charity
    Participant

Hear hear!

Stuart

Stuart

Okay..this is as close as I can get thinking as in science and creation…Just thoughts

And as the scripture would say, in the beginning was the face of “many waters”

You still need fountains of life giving water, +with the light sun
    Other wise all remains nothing!

So  “Let the waters” (preform)
    Gen 1:20
    And God said, “Let the waters” bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl [that] may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

(comand)by the waters came the “living creatures”, THAT move
    Gen 1:21
    And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Now They Mutiply of Themselves, seed within
    Gen 1:22
    And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

so… Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

They return to give Him the glory, In understanding
    Rev 19:6
    And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

:cool:

Stu
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 09 2007,22:01)

:D

charity
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 09 2007,22:18)

Quote (charity @ Nov. 09 2007,22:01)

:D

And Paul may have been into science creation. but even so the Living sun is now CHRIST, and the regenerations, repeat their corse, with the knowledge of their beginning

1Cr 15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh: but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, [and] another of birds.  

Gen 1:21
    And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 09 2007,03:39)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 09 2007,20:02)

Hear hear!

Stuart

I'd be careful what you say about bacteria if I were you. microorganisms are the ones who really have dominion over the earth!

Stuart

Stu God has dominion over the earth. Nothing else.

Peace and Love Mrs.

I thought the meek were inheriting it?

Stuart

Well that would leave out all of the 'Christians' who killed others for not believing a certain way.

Towshab
    Participant

Speaking of science, it appears the god-man needed some botany lessons

Luk 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Since mustard is a plant it certainly won't grow into a tree. Must be some birds smaller than humming birds lodged in the branches.

Unisage
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 10 2007,00:05)

Luk 13:19  It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Since mustard is a plant it certainly won't grow into a tree. Must be some birds smaller than humming birds lodged in the branches.

What in the world was these translator thinking?..

But in again these same people believe the world was flat..

Now if they truly had the Holy Spirit they would have known the difference.. :p

Stu
    Participant

Luk 13:19  It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

He's in need of some zoology training as well; Leviticus famously lists the bat as a bird species:

11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls ; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, (11:13, 19) Bats are birds to the biblical God.
    11:14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
    11:15 Every raven after his kind; 11:16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, 11:17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, 11:18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, 11:19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

And four-legged ducks don't fare too well in Leviticus either…

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2007….be.html

Stuart

Morningstar
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 10 2007,09:05)

He's in need of some zoology training as well; Leviticus famously lists the bat as a bird species:

11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls ; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,  (11:13, 19) Bats are birds to the biblical God.  
    11:15 Every raven after his kind;  11:16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,  11:17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,  11:18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,  11:19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

Stuart

Ok that was funny.

But serioulsy Stu. Zoology didn't exist when these words were written.

Be fair. :p

Bats and Birds are flying creatures. Pretty simple.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 09 2007,16:05)

11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls ; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,  (11:13, 19) Bats are birds to the biblical God.  
    11:15 Every raven after his kind;  11:16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,  11:17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,  11:18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,  11:19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

Stuart

Now see God had it all figured out and scientists went and put the bat in the mammal classification. Anyways, the Hebrew word “atalleph” implies “flying in the dark” so bat may not even be the correct English translation. Judaica Press is not sure in its translation

19. the stork, the heron after its species; the hoopoe and the atalef [bat?];

charity
    Participant

Geneolgy of the Tree generations…vision of MAN filling the earth and Likened to Tees and their seed.

Jdg 9:8 The trees went forth [on a time] to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.
    Jdg 9:9 But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
    Jdg 9:10 And the trees said to the fig tree, Come thou, [and] reign over us.
    Jdg 9:11 But the fig tree said unto them, Should I forsake my sweetness, and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?
    Jdg 9:12 Then said the trees unto the vine, Come thou, [and] reign over us.
    Jdg 9:13 And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
    Jdg 9:14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, [and] reign over us.

david
    Participant

Eusebius, writing in the 3rd century, favoured 41 A.D. as the time of writing of Matthew.

Subscriptions in a number of manuscripts later than the tenth century say that this Gospel was written about the eighth year after Jesus’ ascension. (c. 41 C.E.).

This does not conflict with the internal evidence, since the account ends with Jesus’ commissioning of disciple makers in 33 C.E. and says nothing about Jerusalem’s destruction at Roman hands in 70 C.E.

david
    Participant

Modern scholars normally relegate Matthew and indeed the other gospels to after the fall of Jerusalem in A.D. 70.

W H Y ?????

This is due to their denial of prophecy when Jesus' predicts the fall of Jerusalem.

For them to believe that it was written before this date, they'd have to recognize that Jesus' prophecy was true.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account