God's voice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    His laws are for men and his commands must be obeyed.
    Servants who do not obey His voice are not really His servants.
    Moses was such a servant who obeyed the commands given him by God

Acts 7:44
    “Our forefathers had the tabernacle of the Testimony with them in the desert. It had been made as God directed Moses, according to the pattern he had seen.

Hebrews 3:2
    He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God's house.

Hebrews 3:5
    Moses was faithful as a servant in all God's house, testifying to what would be said in the future.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Tim,

You're trying to make sense of something that is nonesense! No matter what Nick's clever response, the facts are the facts. This seems to be what you and I are having a hard time reconciling…..

TimothyVI
    Participant

Yes Mandy, you are correct.
    Plus I have always had very little respect for the concept of ” do as I say, not as I do”.
    Why would God command us to absolutely not do something, and then command that we do it?

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Exactly!

Just like my neice who is a baptized Christian – loves the Lord – goes to church – so on and so forth……she's convinced that, “The Lord told me it was okay to divorce my husband.”. Oh, she'll fight that to the death and no one can tell her different. Why? BECAUSE THE LORD TOLD HER!

Hmmmmm.

What about the written word that says God hates divorce?
    Can what God “tells” people really go agains his written Word?
    I suppose it does…….all the time, even dating back to Mo.

What does this do for the credentials of the written Word?
    Well, I'll tell you – you can wipe with it!

When I tell my children something, I don't go back on my word. I mean what I say, and say when I mean!! I'm clear on the directions I want them to follow. Otherwise, they cannot be held responsible. It's crazy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    God told Moses to do many things he did not tell others.

Throw the stick.
    Touch the rock.
    Hold out your staff etc.

He obeyed the persional instructions of God.

Of course many fools and madmen think they are guided by God.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2009,10:37)
    Hi Tim4,
    God told Moses to do many things he did not tell others.

Throw the stick.
    Touch the rock.
    Hold out your staff etc.

He obeyed the persional instructions of God.

Of course many fools and madmen think they are guided by God.

Very good point Nick.
    If we as humans can not depend on God only commanding righteous things, then how do we know the difference between good people and the fools and madmen?

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

In this day and age, Moses would surely be considered a madman if he
    said that God told him to kill all of those people.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Ooooooo.

On that note, I'm going to get ready to receive my children from the bus.
    Tim, I just don't think we can ever go back to blindly believing it all…..even if we wanted to.
    Have a good evening, bro.

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    Men of the world find it difficult.
    We need the discernment of the Spirit .

Acts 26:24
    At this point Festus interrupted Paul's defense. “You are out of your mind, Paul!” he shouted. “Your great learning is driving you insane.”

Mk3
    28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

31There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

32And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

33And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 25 2009,10:30)

What about the written word that says that God would
    never want human sacrifices.
    Why did God let Jephtha sacrifice his daughter as a burnt offering to Him? Or for that matter, why was a human sacrifice of His own son part of God's plan?

Too many questions, too few answers.

Tim

Participant

Hi Tim:

If someone violates the law, and receives the death penaly because of the crime. Is that what God means that “thou shall do not murder”?

Not3in1
    Participant

Bro 94,

Murder is murder.
    Taking another life even for eye-for-an-eye is still murder.

Justified murder?
    Sanctified murder?

Are these acceptable?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Well you do have the choice of trying to judge God by His own Law but most would regard that as a dangerous thing to do.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 25 2009,12:34)
    Bro 94,

Murder is murder.
    Taking another life even for eye-for-an-eye is still murder.

Justified murder?
    Sanctified murder?

Are these acceptable?

Hi Mandy:

Murder is murder and He said thou shalt do not murder, but he also said that if you violate the law you will be punished. And so, if someone wants to do the crime with that knowledge, then there is such a thing as justice.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    Where does it say those to be killed were as a sacrifice?
    God's ways are not ours.
    Get over it

Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 25 2009,10:53)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 25 2009,10:30)

What about the written word that says that God would
    never want human sacrifices.
    Why did God let Jephtha sacrifice his daughter as a burnt offering to Him? Or for that matter, why was a human sacrifice of His own son part of God's plan?

Too many questions, too few answers.

Tim

Hi Tim:

Where is the scripture regarding Jephtha. I'm having difficulty finding this.

Allowing Jesus to be crucified was the only way that sin could be overcome. Man has the power to kill the body. And there are wicked men who will kill you if you don't do what they say, and so, the only way to overcome sin is to obey God in spite of what these men could do.

But also, since Jesus overcame them through obedience to God and they did these things to him, he is in the position to say “Father forgive them”, and God will forgive even the most wicked man if he repents.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Participant

Hi Tim:

I found Jephthah. He made a vow and he kept the vow. Does this mean that the LORD approved of this?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 24 2009,21:36)
    Hi Tim:

I found Jephthah.  He made a vow and he kept the vow.  Does this mean that the LORD approved of this?

Jdg 11:30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD and said, “If you will give the Ammonites into my hand,
    Jdg 11:31 then whatever comes out from the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the Ammonites shall be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.”
    Jdg 11:32 So Jephthah crossed over to the Ammonites to fight against them, and the LORD gave them into his hand.

Quite obvious.

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 25 2009,15:10)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 24 2009,21:36)
    Hi Tim:

I found Jephthah.  He made a vow and he kept the vow.  Does this mean that the LORD approved of this?

Jdg 11:30  And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD and said, “If you will give the Ammonites into my hand,
    Jdg 11:31  then whatever comes out from the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the Ammonites shall be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.”
    Jdg 11:32  So Jephthah crossed over to the Ammonites to fight against them, and the LORD gave them into his hand.

Quite obvious.

Hi Kejohn:

How do you know that the LORD would have not given him victory over his enemies without his vow?

TimothyVI
    Participant

HI 94,
    If burning his daughter for a sacrifice was something that God did not approve of, could He
    not have withheld the victory, allowed Jephthah to fail? This would have taught Jephthah a lesson.
    Why must we act as if God had absolutely no common sense?

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account