God's voice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 261 through 277 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 24 2009,22:51)
    Oh that is priceless Stu. Coming from a man who rants on about things he doesn't understand and tries to insult the faith and God. You are not exactly an exemplary earthing. You are waging a war against those who have faith in the true God. Is this the actions of the mastermind of world peace?

Jesus said, I will give you peace, not as the world gives it.

Yeah. The peace that Paul claims Jesus wanted was to persecute gays and not think of this world.

Opposing these kinds of fatalistic and bigoted views is essential to breaking down the barriers put up by religious fundamentalists of all kinds.

Stuart

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 24 2009,23:15)
    The peace that Paul claims Jesus wanted was to persecute gays and not think of this world.  

Quote the verse.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 25 2009,09:22)

The peace that Paul claims Jesus wanted was to persecute gays and not think of this world.  

Quote the verse.

Paul’s homophobia (one example of several):

Rom.1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

(and which, given Paul’s other rantings in Timothy, is worthy of the death penalties prescribed in the OT)

Paul’s deprecation of ‘this world’:

1 Tim.6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

1 Tim.6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

The writer of Peter claims Paul as his inspiration. He writes:

2 Pet.3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Stuart

Participant

Stick to your day job Stu and try to resist the temptation to interpret scripture. There is not even a intimation that Jesus wants His believers to persecute homosexuals and that this accrues peace in the passages to quoted.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 25 2009,21:47)
    Stick to your day job Stu and try to resist the temptation to interpret scripture. There is not even a intimation that Jesus wants His believers to persecute homosexuals and that this accrues peace in the passages to quoted.

I suppose the “prince of peace” did not come to earth to spread peace, did he.

The OT is “good to teach” (Timothy). The penalty for homosexuality is death (Leviticus 20:13).

How do you plan to make that into allegory?

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 25 2009,21:59)

That's right Stu.

Matthew 10:34
    “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword

If you were at all familiar with scripture you would have known that.

The OT is “good to teach” (Timothy).  The penalty for homosexuality is death (Leviticus 20:13).

Quote the NT verse.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 25 2009,22:18)

Quote (Stu @ April 25 2009,21:59)

That's right Stu.

Matthew 10:34
    “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword

If you were at all familiar with scripture you would have known that.

The OT is “good to teach” (Timothy).  The penalty for homosexuality is death (Leviticus 20:13).

Quote the NT verse.

Timothy and Romans are both in the NT. Should I have expected you to know that??

Stuart

Participant

Where in Timothy or Romans do we read about this specifically?:

“The penalty for homosexuality is death (Leviticus 20:13)”

Stu
    Participant

2 Timothy 3:16

Stuart

Participant

I wrote “specifically”.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 26 2009,08:59)
    I wrote “specifically”.

And you don't seem willing to accept the specific answer.

Stuart

Participant

Yeah.  The peace that Paul claims Jesus wanted was to persecute gays and not think of this world.  

Nothing explicit huh? That's what I thought. Stu, since you've categorically failed to find scriptural support for your pejorative assertion (quoted above) I wonder if you are honest enough to retract it.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ April 26 2009,13:32)

Yeah.  The peace that Paul claims Jesus wanted was to persecute gays and not think of this world.  

Nothing explicit huh? That's what I thought. Stu, since you've categorically failed to find scriptural support for your pejorative assertion (quoted above) I wonder if you are honest enough to retract it.

Are you denying that Paul specifically said that the OT applies? That the death penalty for homosexuality is valid?

Jesus allegedly squirmed out of applying the death penalty as prescribed for adultery, but I don't think Paul was as lilly-livered.

It is specific, although you would not expect Paul to be explicit about this, as he was a politician and such people tend to avoid saying these things directly.

Are you going to deny scripture here? I can't see how you can make it allegorical, it is pretty straightforward.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

I suppose you could argue that Paul did not write Timothy.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Darn it, I missed Romans 1:31-32.

Paul condemns those 'without natural affection' to death.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 27 2009,21:40)

Stuart

Stu,

You are correct the Bible does condemn the things you said and it also said and this is the sum of the teaching:

Revelation 22:10-12 (King James Version)

10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

I find it interesting that some of the people talking to you on this board are afraid to actually admit what the scriptures actually say.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ May 01 2009,08:09)

Quote (Stu @ April 27 2009,21:40)

Stuart

Stu,

You are correct the Bible does condemn the things you said and it also said and this is the sum of the teaching:

Revelation 22:10-12 (King James Version)

10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

I find it interesting that some of the people talking to you on this board are afraid to actually admit what the scriptures actually say.

Thanks for the extra bits from the wacky races end of the NT, bodhitharta. I was holding off admitting to Is1:18 that it is a fairly tenuous link to just do Leviticus then Timothy to link Paul to killing homosexuals, but if there is one thing you can say about the zealot formerly known as Saul of Tarsus, he will come through for you on the bigotry front. You just have to rifle through his letters and it will not be long before you find him ranting on about something of which he did not approve. Can you imagine Jesus trying to get his face in the frame in the background, protesting “No, that's not what I meant at all”?

Stuart

Viewing 17 posts - 261 through 277 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account