God's Promise of a renewal of your spirit.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

The promise of a new self: A promise from God.

Matthew 5:6
    New International Version (NIV)

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.

Do you believe?

The promise of freedom from slavery to sin: A promise from God.

John 8 :31-36

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
    33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”
    34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Do you believe?

The promise of freedom from slavery to sin: A promise from God fulfilled.

Romans 6:5-14

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
    8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
    11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Is it fulfilled in you?

The promise of a new self: A promise from God fulfilled.

Ephesians 4:17-24

17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19 Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.
    20 That, however, is not the way of life you learned 21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Have you received the promise of righteousness?

dew
    Participant

Hi Kerwin.
    Yes I believe that.

And also, what is sin?
    Sin is reality.

We live in a sinful life.
    And if we are not carefull, sin will suck us up.
    You will think what you're doing is ok,
    Maybe even look at Scripture and rationalise it away.

Wanting what another has is a sin.
    Masterbation is sin.
    Not honouring those who are a part of your spiritual family is a sin.
    Materialism is a sin.

And so the list goes on…

The only way to break free from sin, is to NOT DO IT!! Simple AS!!

God bless.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 08 2012,09:34)

for they will be filled.

Do you believe?

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
    33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”
    34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Do you believe?

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.
    8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
    11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Is it fulfilled in you?

17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19 Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.
    20 That, however, is not the way of life you learned 21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

kirwin.

IF YOU CONTINUE IN CHRIST.
    For MANY WILL come in my name,saying did we not do this and that in your name? And Christ will say go away.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (dew @ Jan. 12 2012,13:13)
    Hi Kerwin.
    Yes I believe that.

And also, what is sin?
    Sin is reality.

We live in a sinful life.
    And if we are not carefull, sin will suck us up.
    You will think what you're doing is ok,
    Maybe even look at Scripture and rationalise it away.

Wanting what another has is a sin.
    Masterbation is sin.
    Not honouring those who are a part of your spiritual family is a sin.
    Materialism is a sin.

And so the list goes on…

God bless.

We can only do this through believing God will keep his promise and create in us a righteousness and holiness that is like his.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 12 2012,16:03)

for they will be filled.

Do you believe?

Do you believe?

Is it fulfilled in you?

kirwin.

For MANY WILL come in my name,saying did we not do this and that in your name? And Christ will say go away.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

It is true that you can do many acts that appear righteous. Nevertheless, they will profit you nothing if they are not done from love. Those that believe God's promise of righteousness, receive his Spirit of love as love is the sum of the law.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 14 2012,15:33)

for they will be filled.

Do you believe?

Do you believe?

Is it fulfilled in you?

kirwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

It is true that you can do many acts that appear righteous.  Nevertheless, they will profit you nothing if they are not done from love.  Those that believe God's promise of righteousness, receive his Spirit of love as love is the sum of the law.

Kerwin

What is a spirit of love ? That we can receive from God?..

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 14 2012,07:21)

for they will be filled.

Do you believe?

Do you believe?

Is it fulfilled in you?

kirwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

It is true that you can do many acts that appear righteous.  Nevertheless, they will profit you nothing if they are not done from love.  Those that believe God's promise of righteousness, receive his Spirit of love as love is the sum of the law.

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

It is the same spirit God lives by.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The human spirit of Jesus left him on Calvary.
    But he yet lived in the Spirit of God and was raised on the third day.
    We too can live forever not by our own spirit but by sharing with him in the NEW Spirit

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 15 2012,11:37)

for they will be filled.

Do you believe?

Do you believe?

Is it fulfilled in you?

kirwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

that does not answer the question ,

it like saying ;if i ask you what paint did you use for painting your kitchen ;and you answer ;the same paint that pick up at the store on Monday,

I wander ??? ??? ??? :p

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 16 2012,09:45)

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 15 2012,11:37)

for they will be filled.

Do you believe?

Do you believe?

Is it fulfilled in you?

kirwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin

Pierre

Pierre,

Kerwin

that does not answer the question ,

it like saying ;if i ask you what paint did you use for painting your kitchen ;and you answer ;the same paint that pick up at the store on Monday,

I wander  ???  ???  ???  :p

Pierre,

This is the Spirit God walks by.

Galatians 5

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    God promises to give us a new Spirit, not to renovate the old one that is in us till we die.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 03 2012,04:14)
    Hi KW,
    God promises to give us a new Spirit, not to renovate the old one that is in us till we die.

Nick,

Perhaps I am using the wrong words as I am attempting to paraphrase the words that are expressed in the following Scriptures.

Titus 3:5
    King James Version (KJV)

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

John 14:26
    King James Version (KJV)

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    We who are of the Spirit are renewed inwardly IF we submit to instruction.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 04 2012,04:09)
    Hi KW,
    We who are of the Spirit are renewed inwardly IF we submit to instruction.

Nick,

I agree!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Yes and the treasure house is open
    1Cor 12
    2 Peter 1

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

No renewed spirit or new soul

“It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me”

By the action of the Spirit of Christ living in us and ruling

NickHassan
    Participant

hi ,
    We are promised to be given the Holy Spirit if we obey and submit to baptism in the name of Jesus Christ[acts 2.39]

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 06 2014,14:03)
    Hi KW,

No renewed spirit or new soul

“It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me”

By the action of the Spirit of Christ living in us and ruling

Nick,

Ephesians 4:23
    New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

23 and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds,

It seems some translators believe attitude and spirit are synonyms in this case.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Titus 3:5
    New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

5 he saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, through the water[a] of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
    Footnotes:

Titus 3:5 Gk washing

terraricca
    Participant

k

This is the Spirit God walks by.

sins when is God walking into a law ???

does the one that create is under the same laws than the ones that are created ??? answer should be NO,

the love of God is not in men s hand to know but we may know what he want us to know as it is written ,understand the food and drinks men need to survive are not required by God ,

now the fruit of the SPIRIT (UNDERSTANDING WITH REASONING OF TRUTH AND LOVE FOR OTHERS )ARE FOR MEN CREATION BECAUSE IT WOULD BE THE END RESULT TO OBTAIN LIFE ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account