Godhead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2007,03:58)
    Hi W,
    If you insist on adding to the Word why not put SON OF GOD?

Nick, The Son of God IS the Word. I thought that you would have known that Oh Great Theologian

Hi W,

NH

Because Jesus wasnt the Son until he was born! :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So when he was conceived of Mary what did Mary contribute? Was she just a surrogate mother for God as catholicism teaches?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 08 2007,05:44)

Hi W,

NH

Because Jesus wasnt the Son until he was born! :O

Amen WJ

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2007,06:09)
    Hi W,
    So when he was conceived of Mary what did Mary contribute? Was she just a surrogate mother for God as catholicism teaches?

Get some help Nick.

Hi W,

NH

Heb 10:5
    Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Phil 2
    7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

She provided him a human Body.

I thought you knew these things NH?
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    I agree he was conceived and born of Mary and was a normal man like to us in every way but sin. So this normal man was not also a god was he? None of us are gods.
    God was IN him, not AS him.

Hi W,
    I agree he was conceived and born of Mary and was a normal man like to us in every way but sin. So this normal man was not also a god was he? None of us are gods.
    God was IN him, not AS him.

NH

If he was the Word/God and he ceased to be the Word/God then How could he claim he came from God. And How could he say “before Abraham was I AM.”

Its not possible for the Word/God to cease to be the Word/God.

He was God in the flesh my friend!

No way around it. it is scriptural! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Have you read that he emptied himself and became of our lowly estate?

He brought no supernatural advantages when he partook of flesh.
    He claimed no special powers or iinspiration of his own but attributed all power and guidance to God in him, from the Jordan.
    We also should not imagine he himself also was the God dwelling within him as vessel.

If he had special personal powers then since he is like to us we also would be born with them. Since we are not the only conclusion we can draw from you is that he was not like to us thus breaking scripture.

If he had special personal powers then since he is like to us we also would be born with them. Since we are not the only conclusion we can draw from you is that he was not like to us thus breaking scripture.

NH

Were you the Word/God that came down from heaven?

I Tim 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness…

[Theos],Jesus was manifest in the flesh…

[Theos],Jesus was justified in the Spirit…

[Theos],Jesus was seen of Angels…

[Theos],Jesus preached unto the gentiles…

[Theos],Jesus was believed on in the world…

[Theos],Jesus was received up into glory. :)

Do you believe this scripture NH?  ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Did you not research this further?
    Would you promote one version without taking into account that it only appears as you have shown in SOME MANUSCRIPTS?

NIV
    1Tim 3.16

16Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
    He[a] appeared in a body,
    was vindicated by the Spirit,
    was seen by angels,
    was preached among the nations,
    was believed on in the world,
    was taken up in glory.

Footnotes:

1 Timothy 3:16 Some manuscripts God
    1 Timothy 3:16 Or in the flesh

Hi W,
    Did you not research this further?
    Would you promote one version without taking into account that it only appears as you have shown in SOME MANUSCRIPTS?

NIV
    1Tim 3.16

16Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
    He[a] appeared in a body,
    was vindicated by the Spirit,
    was seen by angels,
    was preached among the nations,
    was believed on in the world,
    was taken up in glory.

Footnotes:

1 Timothy 3:16 Some manuscripts God
    1 Timothy 3:16 Or in the flesh

NH

If you use the word he. Its still the same thing!

The Word/God came in the flesh. :)

He the Word/God was manifest in the flesh! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God Himself was not incarnated as Christ.
    Christ is the Son of God who partook of flesh.

Jesus is the Christ of God.
    He was anointed by God
    He is the Priest of God.
    He serves God.
    He is the mediator between God and man.

Stop searching for relics of a dead doctrine.
    You betray whom you serve-tradition.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

Again, I am forced to point out the obvious: This scripture in no way shows that the holy spirit is God, or part of a trinity.

Look again David.

JEHOVAH The Holy Spirit

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Cult Buster
    Participant

And here's another

JEHOVAH The Holy Spirit

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Cult Buster
    Participant

And another

JEHOVAH The Holy Spirit

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Cult Buster
    Participant

And another

Jehovah The Holy Spirit

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,

2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Mat 23:24  Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Hi W,
    God Himself was not incarnated as Christ.
    Christ is the Son of God who partook of flesh.

Jesus is the Christ of God.
    He was anointed by God
    He is the Priest of God.
    He serves God.
    He is the mediator between God and man.

Stop searching for relics of a dead doctrine.
    You betray whom you serve-tradition.

NH

Show me where the Son of God partook flesh.

He was not the Son of God until he was born!

Show me ths in scripture NH. ???

Morning Star
    Participant

Who was before he was born then?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account