Godhead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 246 total)
  • Author

Thanks WJ. Largely you are right, but there is no way that Yahweh and Yashua are one and the same. Isaiah 9:6 descibes Jesus as everlasting father, but Jesus is not THE Father, but rather the father of the Christian faith. Quite different.

Oxy

Yes you are right. I was not meaning that Jesus is the Father, but that he was the mighty God of the Old testament.

Before Abraham was “I AM”.

Blessings :)

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 03 2007,06:20)

Thanks WJ. Largely you are right, but there is no way that Yahweh and Yashua are one and the same. Isaiah 9:6 descibes Jesus as everlasting father, but Jesus is not THE Father, but rather the father of the Christian faith. Quite different.

Oxy

Yes you are right. I was not meaning that Jesus is the Father, but that he was the mighty God of the Old testament.

Before Abraham was “I AM”.

Blessings :)

Hi WJ

I am aware of Jesus being the Word of God and even called mighty God (as opposed to Almighty God).

Most instances in the Old Testament describe Jesus role this way:

And the Word of God came unto Moses saying….

And the Word of God came unto Abraham saying….

etc etc. There are many instances recorded in the Old Testament where the Word of God visited various ones.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Oxy

I am aware of Jesus being the Word of God and even called mighty God (as opposed to Almighty God).

Most instances in the Old Testament describe Jesus role this way:

And the Word of God came unto Moses saying….

And the Word of God came unto Abraham saying….

etc etc. There are many instances recorded in the Old Testament where the Word of God visited various ones.

Here is an abundance of verses showing that God (Christ) appeared and spoke face with men. Don't forget that no man has seen the Father. John 1:18, John 5:37.

Gen 17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD (Jehovah) appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Gen 26:24  And the LORD (Jehovah) appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake.

Gen 32:30  And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Exo 33:11  And the LORD (Jehovah) spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Exo 6:2  And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD (Jehovah):
    Exo 6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Gen 18:1  And the LORD (Jehovah) appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

Jesus said:

Joh 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
    Joh 8:57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
    Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Just in case anyone is not sure who “I AM” is

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

There you are; Jesus Christ  is Jehovah mentioned in scripture.

Mic 5:2  But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Cult Buster
    Participant

There are Three separate Beings, each God and equal with one another. Though they hold different offices, they are nevertherless each God.

Three Divine beings within the Godhead with three different offices they choose to perform,

H2O can exist in three different realities, yet remain H20
    •Ice
    •Liquid
    •or Steam

Each Person of the Godhead can choose a different office, yet remain God.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Isaiah 6:3  says, “And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

” Did you catch that?  That's one “holy” for each person of the Godhead!

Rev 4:8  And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

All praise to God the Father… God the Son Jesus Christ… and God the Holy Spirit! ALL Three merit perfect praise. Holy, Holy, Holy! If there is only one God they would not have repeated the worshipful praise three times.

Holy! Holy! Holy!
    :O :O :O

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Jan. 04 2007,10:38)
    There you are; Jesus Christ is Jehovah mentioned in scripture.

I can't agree with saying that Jehovah and Jesus are one and the same. As I have said before, can a Father beget Himself? Can a Father be His own Son?

I agree that God is Father Son and Holy Spirit and that the three are One, but Father is Father and Son is Son and Holy Spirit is Holy Spirit.

In like manner, we are three, but we are one. But our body is not our soul and our spirit not our body. All three aspects of us are different and identifiable, but they make up one person.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Oxy

I can't agree with saying that Jehovah and Jesus are one and the same.  As I have said before, can a Father beget Himself?  Can a Father be His own Son?

I agree that God is Father Son and Holy Spirit and that the three are One, but Father is Father and Son is Son and Holy Spirit is Holy Spirit.

Sir,

There are Three separate Divine Beings in the Godhead. Each God and equal with one another.

The point I have made is that the name Jehovah is the family name of God. Therefore when Christ is referred to in scripture as Jehovah, it is referring to Christ and not the Father.

The Catholic trinity is a different concept and some on this forum are using the Catholic doctrine to avoid facing the Godhead truth and to try to confuse matters so as to promote their Arian doctrine.

The Catholic church teaches that originally there was only God the Father who “knew Himself” or copulated with Himself producing the Son; and later the Holy Spirit came out of both of them.

This is as blasphemous as the Arian doctrine promoted on this forum.

The Bible says that there are Three. Each God and eternal.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

david
    Participant

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Again, I am forced to point out the obvious: This scripture in no way shows that the holy spirit is God, or part of a trinity.
    It does show three. But the scriptures that show 2 (Jesus and Jehovah) together outnumber the “3” scriptures by 50 to 1.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Jan. 05 2007,07:07)
    Oxy

I can't agree with saying that Jehovah and Jesus are one and the same. As I have said before, can a Father beget Himself? Can a Father be His own Son?

Sir,

There are Three separate Divine Beings in the Godhead. Each God and equal with one another.

The point I have made is that the name Jehovah is the family name of God. Therefore when Christ is referred to in scripture as Jehovah, it is referring to Christ and not the Father.

The Catholic trinity is a different concept and some on this forum are using the Catholic doctrine to avoid facing the Godhead truth and to try to confuse matters so as to promote their Arian doctrine.

The Catholic church teaches that originally there was only God the Father who “knew Himself” or copulated with Himself producing the Son; and later the Holy Spirit came out of both of them.

This is as blasphemous as the Arian doctrine promoted on this forum.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

So if the three are equal, why is Jesus subject to the Father? Luk 22:42 saying, Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done.

And why is the Holy Spirit also subject to the Father? Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.

And since when is a Son equal to a Father?

Oxy
    Participant

Isn't He who sends greater than He who is sent?

chicano4571
    Participant

cult buster, do you know the origen of the name jehovah….. if im not mistaken first was intruduced in the 1600………………

david
    Participant

And since when is a Son equal to a Father?

Usually, not ever, but I think if I remember, Is 1:18 disagrees with me. This is part of the problem. Everyone seems to have their own ideas on what the trinity is. It's not a common thing, not natural, not understandable, it's a mystery, so there is confusion of course.
    I believe the Catholics believe they are equal.

Isn't He who sends greater than He who is sent?

Yes.

Oxy
    Participant

David, the only way out is to do what I had to do 29 years ago. I came to a point of saying God, let's You and I start over. I will no longer go to church or believe anything unless you choose the church or teach me Yourself.

I didn't go to church until about 3 -4 weeks after I was born again. God showed me the church He wanted me to attend and started me off on my path of discovery.

ICor 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 4:4
    There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

II Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.

To all of the Arian viewers. The Spirit of the Lord God is one! For God is one with his Spirit.

We see many scriptures that show that Jesus – The Spirit of  God – The Spirit of Christ – God – The Father – Spirit of him – The Spirit – His Spirit, being used in speaking of God dwelling in our Body the Temple of God, the Temple of the Holy Spirit or the Temple of Christ.

Rom 8:
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Father….
    II Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Son….
    II Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Holy Spirit….
    I Cor 6:
    19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

These words are interchageable and mean one thing,

God dwells in us.

The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit divinely and unequelly and wonderfully joined together as ONE!

Whether it is speaking of the Father who walks in us or the Son or the Holy Spirit,

God dwells in us!

God = Father, Son And Holy Ghost!

This is scriptural!

Matt 28:
    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost  
    :D :D :D

Col 2:
    8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
    9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
     :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “God = Father, Son And Holy Ghost!”
    No.
    This is the echo of the voice of Athanasius, an unwise one to follow.

Hi w,
    You say
    No.

NH

This is the echo of the Scriptues! :O

Hi w,
    You say
    No.

NH

I JN 4
    1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ [Word/God] is come in the flesh is of God:
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ [Word/God] is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I Jn 2
    22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Jesus is the Christ of God.
    I do not deny the Christ.
    Neither do I join the chorus of the deceived that prefer to say he is God Himself and not the anointed one of God.
    Neither should you follow them to the pit.

Hi W,
    Neither do I join the chorus of the deceived that prefer to say he is God Himself and not the anointed one of God.

NH

Look Again! Who came in the flesh?

I JN 4
    1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ [Word/God] is come in the flesh is of God:
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ [Word/God] is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I Jn 2
    22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
    ??? :O

Hi W,

NH

Will you join this Chorus…

Rev 5
    9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    [10] And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
    [11] And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
    [12] Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
    [13] And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
    [14] And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
    ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    If you insist on adding to the Word why not put SON OF GOD?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account