Godhead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 16 2006,20:47)

Hi CB,
    If you read Jn 14 you will see that Jesus taught Thomas that when he saw Christ he also saw God for God was in him. His statement was correct.

NH

Yes because Jesus was the [Word], God in the flesh. :)

Hi W,
    Then how do you read 2Cor 5
    “19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. “

So God was IN CHRIST, or God WAS CHRIST?

Hi W,
    We must know God is Lord.

NH

I thought you call Jesus your Lord and master?:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Just as God is both His and our Lord God.
    Do you really believe that accepting the appointed Lordship of Jesus opposes the Lordship of God over you?

Hi W,
    Then how do you read 2Cor 5
    “19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. “

So God was IN CHRIST, or God WAS CHRIST?

You should read scripture with an open mind and heart and let it teach you.

Hi W,
    Just as God is both His and our Lord God.
    Do you really believe that accepting the appointed Lordship of Jesus opposes the Lordship of God over you?

NH

Should we not respect and rely on scripture for truth as Jesus did if we follow him?

charity
    Participant

Hi WorshippingJesus
    Complements to you for your attemps to seek unity
    God has created us all with desire towards himself
    I do not wish to speck evil of the things I do not understand.
    But with a Good conscience before God in humility I shall be honest and you may see what I believe, always ready to exchange for a higher truth according to the scripture

The whole of creation awaits the manifestation of the Sons of God.

Truly it is a Gift from God to be able to put away lies and be renewed in truth
    And we are all to shear what is going on within us for we have all been feed past down snares and heresies from generation to generation; and our battle is not against flesh and blood; but principalities powers and evil forces

I think it is Good that Nick has spent time to answer my posts, it is nice thing to know they are willing to read at this forum and you are not ignored;
    I appreciate the time he is able to dedicate, and his desire towards God

Just some female input into this thread, can only incorage the men to be stronger for the lord, that should benifit us girls greatly who have been made for men
    So A females gotta do what a female gotta do!!

God bless

charity

Hi WorshippingJesus
    Complements to you for your attemps to seek unity
    God has created us all with desire towards himself
    I do not wish to speck evil of the things I do not understand.
    But with a Good conscience before God in humility I shall be honest and you may see what I believe, always ready to exchange for a higher truth according to the scripture

The whole of creation awaits the manifestation of the Sons of God.

Truly it is a Gift from God to be able to put away lies and be renewed in truth
    And we are all to shear what is going on within us for we have all been feed past down snares and heresies from generation to generation; and our battle is not against flesh and blood; but principalities powers and evil forces

I think it is Good that Nick has spent time to answer my posts, it is nice thing to know they are willing to read at this forum and you are not ignored;
    I appreciate the time he is able to dedicate, and his desire towards God

Just some female input into this thread, can only incorage the men to be stronger for the lord, that should benifit us girls greatly who have been made for men
    So A females gotta do what a female gotta do!!

God bless

charity

Hi Charity

Great name and I sense a great person.

Men would do well to take lessons from the wisdom, meekness and gentleness of a Godly woman. Thank you!

And may the Lord Bless you richly!

:D

Jesus said
    in Mk 12.29
    29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
    but you say
    “Three beings NH, One God. Godhead. Father, Son and Holy Ghost!”

Whom should be believe?

NH

Amazing that you would use this scripture. You see we believe in one God.

Father,Son and Holy Ghost.

So why do you have two Lords then NH? God the Father and Jesus?

Please explain.???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You should listen to the centurion praised by Jesus.
    He understood the order of Authority.
    Luke 7
    1Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.

2And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

3And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

4And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

5For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

6Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

7Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

8For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

9When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

10And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.”

Participant

Hi CB:

I am sorry to be so long in getting back to you.  Your response got buried in others responding to you.  I do not see that the scripture you quoted justifies your statement that God became a man without ceasing to be God.  I believe that the response by Thomas in calling Jesus God was one of amazement in that He had not believed Jesus had risen from the dead.

Hebrews 1:1-3 states: “God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the majesty on high”.

I don't believe that it is necessary to add to what this scripture makes very clear.  I understand it, do you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Rom 1
    ” 15So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. “

God here is demanding true acknowledgement and worship of Himself by men. This is a serious statement. So is God telling us here that we must worship Him as a trinity? Well the gospel Paul is not ashamed of is consistent as it is from faith to faith, and the Jewish faith knew no trinity God. The true gospel is the key to man's salvation and is of power, not just words.

There is no trinity in the true gospel and those who hold this false doctrine will never seem to admit to worshipping a trinity God but only two deities. So why do they hold to such useless ideas? Because Constantine told them to?

Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

In these last days Jesus warned us of false prophets.

Matt 7:
    13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

He said if it were possible the very elect would be decieved.

Mk 13
    22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.
    23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

More than ever we need the Spirit of truth to teach us and guide us into all truth.

Without the revelation of God by the Spirit, the natural man cannot know him.

Let us desire like Paul the Apostle…
    Eph 1:
    17] That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
    [18] The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
    [19] And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
    [20] Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
    [21] Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
    [22] And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
    [23] Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Abide in the Word.
    Therein is safety

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi W,
    Abide in the Word.
    Therein is safety

Interesting that you should say that.

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,..

The Word is Jesus our God.

Rev 19:11  And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    Rev 19:12  His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    Rev 19:13  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Rev 19:14  And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15  And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    Rev 19:16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:17  And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

In case you missed it

Rev 19:9  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Rev 19:17  And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto  
    the supper of the great God;

Jesus the Lamb of God, is the Great God    :O

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 21 2006,17:13)
    NH

Hi W,
    Abide in the Word.
    Therein is safety

Interesting that you should say that.

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,..

The Word is Jesus our God.

Rev 19:11  And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    Rev 19:12  His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    Rev 19:13  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Rev 19:14  And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15  And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    Rev 19:16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:17  And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

In case you missed it

Rev 19:9  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Rev 19:17  And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto  
    the supper of the great God;

Jesus the Lamb of God, is the Great God    :O

Hi CB,

In light of your interpretation, have you not read Matt 22:1f? It refutes your conclusion.

Mat 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
    Mat 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto A CERTAIN KING, which MADE A MARRIAGE FOR HIS SON,
    Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
    Mat 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and [my] fatlings [are] killed, and all things [are] ready: come unto the marriage.
    Mat 22:5 But they made light of [it], and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
    Mat 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated [them] spitefully, and slew [them].
    Mat 22:7 But when the king heard [thereof], he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
    Mat 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
    Mat 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
    Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
    Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
    Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
    Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast [him] into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few [are] chosen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You say
    “The Word is Jesus our God.”
    Odd you should ADD the word OUR.
    For US there is ONE GOD
    and ONE LORD Jesus Christ .
    So if what you write is true you are not one of US

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    THe Lamb of God was sacrificed to expiate the sins of men before God.
    Was he also the God for which he was sacrificed?
    How odd.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You say
    For US there is ONE GOD

You say that there is only one Lord who is Jesus Christ. Don't you believe that the Father is Lord?

Christ is your God and Creator whether you accept it or not. You don't get to choose who God is.

You are right that I am not one of you. I am not a part of Arian cults.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
      :) :) :)

Cult Buster
    Participant

Nick Hassen

Hi CB,
    THe Lamb of God was sacrificed to expiate the sins of men before God.
    Was he also the God for which he was sacrificed?
    How odd.

What's really odd is your understanding of scripture. Christ was not sacrificed for God. God did not commit sin.

1Co 5:7   For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for US:

Col 2:8  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
    Col 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 23 2006,08:22)

Hi CB,
    You say
    For US there is ONE GOD

You say that there is only one Lord who is Jesus Christ. Don't you believe that the Father is Lord?

Christ is your God and Creator whether you accept it or not. You don't get to choose who God is.

You are right that I am not one of you. I am not a part of Arian cults.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
      :) :) :)

Hi CB,
    Read the verse again.

1Cor 8
    “6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”

For Christ there is one Lord too, His Father, the Lord God.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account