Godhead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Guess which is the most popular and dangerous idol?
    TRINITY

Phoenix
    Participant

I never thought of the Trinity as an Idol lol. But if you say so..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    We are to worship our Father God.
    Not humanly fashioned idols
    1Jn 5
    21Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi k8,
    This word appears in the KJV -three different greek words are translated thus- and it has been commandeered by the Trinity doctrine folk to be a way of expressing God as three persons in one. It however means rather the nature of God.

If it meant a trinity God you would expect to find it consistent and always used in contexts where such could be implied. It is not.

God has a Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    You said in another thread

“The history of every other human being begins at birth: but the Lord Jesus Christ exists eternally as the Second Person of the Godhead.”

What is this godhead you speak of and how many persons does it contain?

Colossians 2:9
    For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Does the 'second person' dwell in himself?

gollamudi
    Participant

Good question but can be answered by any Trinitarian because they believe Father lives in jesus and son is in Father. No difficulty for any trinitarian to answer such questions my brother.
    Blessings
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    So long as one is in the other
    they remain two
    in unity.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hope they also understand this.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

gollamudi
    Participant

I wonder often thinking how many heads that God has if you make Divinity as 'Godhead'.

Samuel
    Participant

What does it mean?

Nothing, if you do not confess with you mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe that he came in the flesh to die for your sins, and obey his commandments.

You can debate the “GODHEAD” all day long if you want to, you have that choice…but its not going to save your soul.

Doing was was told of us to do is the only thing that will save our soul.

Time is running out. It is very much against us. We should not invest our time in things that will not save us.
    If we want to be saved we must do what was commanded of us to do.

Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Men have stolen the true meaning of this KJV word which has three greek roots, one for each usage, to mean some sort of multiple member god.

NickHassan
    Participant

4 KW and LU

NickHassan
    Participant

For CA

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    What is the godhead you speak of in another thread that contained satan?
    Perhaps your love affair with numerology is leading you astray?

peace2all
    Participant

it means you worship man's doctrines. things that are destable to god and one teaches and worships them, equals slaves of this system of things ruled by satan

logoslogic
    Participant

Hello Nick,
    Here are my comments on The Mystery of the “Godhead”!

Years ago I came across a booklet by the title: IS JESUS IN THE GODHEAD OR IS THE GODHEAD IN JESUS? written by Gordon Magee. The title was confusing to me because I was not familiar with the word “Godhead.” The obvious meaning of the word “Godhead” (at least to me) was that it is talking about the “Head of God.” Then I searched my Bible where the word “Godhead” is used, but low and behold the word was not in my (RSV) Bible. Further research revealed that the word “Godhead” is used three times (Acts 17:29, Rom. 1:20, Col. 2:9) in the KJV and not in most other translations.

What then do other translations use in place of “Godhead” and what exactly does the word “Godhead” mean? The Greek words theiotes and theotes are translated in various translations as: “the Deity,” “deity,” “God,” “the divine being,” “divine nature,” “divinity,” “Divine Nature,” “Gottheit” in German and are so defined in most Lexicons.

However, in addition to the use of the word “Godhead” in the KJV, I have found that the word “Godhead” is freely and often used in Statements of Beliefs, in write-ups on the Nature of God and of Christ, and particularly in papers that (try to) explain the trinity doctrine. The question is: Why is the word “Godhead” used so frequently in non-biblical writings?

In the Catholic Encyclopedia on The Blessed Trinity it says: “The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion – the truth that in the unity of the Godhead there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, these Three Persons being truly distinct one from another.” Writing about the baptismal formula, they say: “It has already been shown that the words as prescribed by Christ (Matthews 28:19) clearly express the Godhead of the Three Persons as well as their distinction.”

From a write-up on The Godhead we read: “Although the word ‘trinity’ is not in the Bible, the concept of the three-in-one, the triune God, is. The term ‘Godhead,’ referring to the three-in-one, can be found in Acts 17:29 and Colossians 2:9.”

Let’s remember that the Greek words theiotes and theotes (that are just derivatives of the Greek theios) are defined as: “The Deity,” “divinity,” “the divine being” and “Divine Nature.” In other words, each one of these definitions simply designate the Creator – “God,” whereas, in Catholic theology these two words, translated “Godhead” (in the KJV), denote primarily the (false) idea of three-in-one, i.e., the word “Godhead” is used primarily as a synonym for the word “Trinity.”

What is the underlying issue in all of this? It is the question whether Jesus Christ pre-existed His birth through Mary, His mother, 2000 years ago! Both, Catholicism/Protestantism based on the trinity doctrine, and various Churches of God based on the Twinity doctrine, affirm and teach that Jesus Christ existed before He was born as a separate center of thought, as a second person (God) in the Godhead. But, is that a Biblical teaching? Where does the idea of existence before birth come from? To be sure, there are scripture verses that seem to support such an idea, but, scripture verses are subject to (human) interpretation and can and are being used to support contradictory conclusions.

The idea of life before birth (re-incarnation) and life after death (immortality of the soul) has been a human desire from the beginning, and is very much a part of human, Babylonian mythology. But the Biblical fact, verified by God’s creation, is that birth means beginning and death means end!

Rom. 1:19-20 says that: “…what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them (men). Ever since the creation of the world his (God's) invisible nature, namely, his eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made. So that they are without excuse.” God made/created in Adam and Eve the process of procreation/birth which is always a beginning, not only for man(kind), but also for the God(kind). Jesus Christ, as the Son of God had a beginning when He was sired by His father God, and born of His mother Mary.

However, Jesus Christ did pre-exist His birth, but, not as Jesus Christ, not as the Son (of God), not as a second person in a Godhead, not as the Spokesman, no, He existed as the WORD (of God), and the WORD (of God) was always with God and the WORD (of God) was God. Then, 2000 years ago the WORD (of God) BECAME the SON (of God) which was the beginning of the ONE God Family. God and the Bible are 100% monotheistic from beginning to end. There was only ONE God in the Old Testament, Yahweh Elohim, and there is only ONE God Family in the New Testament, consisting of God the Father, the first born Son Jesus, and many begotten Sons that will become born Sons of God by a resurrection.

IT, the Word was not a pre-existent Jesus, was not a second God in a Godhead. IT, the Word was God, just like your word is you. Consider that “the WORD of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Just because HE, the SPIRIT of God is our Comforter, does not make HIM a third person in a Godhead! Just as the Spirit of God and the Wisdom of God are personified in scripture, so is the Word of God personified, and whatever personal attributes or personal pro-nouns are used are but the personal attributes of the ONE God Yahweh Elohim.

In other words John 1:1 addresses what was “in the beginning,” which was the ONE God and (it) His Word. Then, beginning with John 1:2 it addresses what was “then,” which was Jesus (He) the Son, the Spokesman, whose beginning/birth is clearly described in the previous three gospels.

The “three-in-one” trinity and the “two-in-one” twinity teachings force Theologians into mysterious and illogical explanations to define what the relationship of the Son is to the Father. Who can comprehend a teaching that claims that there is only one God not two (or three), but that there are two (or three) individuals in the one Godhead?” The teaching that Jesus pre-existed His birth, raises unanswerable questions and produces insurmountable obstacles to understand God.

So, what is the answer to the original question: “Is Jesus in the Godhead or is the Godhead in Jesus?” All I can say is that there can be no correct answer to a false question!

When Jesus Christ asked His disciples (and by extension you and me): “Who do men say that I the son of man am?” They said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them (and to you and me), “But who do YOU say that I am?” Peter replied for all of us when he said: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus then confirmed that the answer was correct when He said: “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona! Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.”

Considering that the answer was confirmed by Jesus personally, we can be sure that the answer was not only correct, but complete, in order to know that, “Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus did not pre-exist in a Godhead (say trinity or twinity), Jesus was the firstborn Son of God, who undoubtedly pre-existed in the Head of God, planned and anticipated from the foundation of the world, as all of God’s children are.

The mystery of the “Godhead” has now been demystified, for there is NO “godhead,” NO “trinity,” NO “twinity” and NO “ism’s.” There was but ONE God and His Word from eternity and throughout Old Testament time, and there is but ONE God Family, God the Father, and His fir
    stborn Son Jesus the Christ, and many begotten children, in New Testament time and throughout eternity.

Therefore, “I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation (and God the Father and our elder brother, and all the angels) wait(s) with eager longing for the revealing of the Sons of God” (Rom. 8:18).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Where is this godhead you speak of in scripture?

The curious KJV word has three different greek roots.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Theos #2316 Strongs

a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities
    the Godhead, trinity
    God the Father, the first person in the trinity
    Christ, the second person of the trinity
    Holy Spirit, the third person in the trinity
    spoken of the only and true God
    refers to the things of God
    his counsels, interests, things due to him
    whatever can in any respect be likened unto God, or resemble him in any way
    God's representative or viceregent
    of magistrates and judges

So, I ask you to realize that the word 'theos” can mean “Godhead” and the word theos is found many times in scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Three greek words are translated thus so it has no consistent meaning and certainly does not mean a community god.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account