Gnosticism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

For kw

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi martian,
    You said in another trhead
    “A one-sentence description of Gnosticism is; A religion that differentiates the evil god of this world (who is identified with the God of the Old Testament) from a higher more abstract God revealed by Jesus Christ, a religion that regards this world as the creation of a series of evil archons/powers who wish to keep the human soul trapped in an evil physical body. Gnostics conjured up the idea that Christ was a spiritual being in a physical shell in order to avoid the concept of him having an “Evil Physical Body of the “Evil physical realm”.”

Surely it is rather a claim to greater KNOWLEDGE about spiritual matters and this KNOWLEDGE is based on sources other than the bible?

martian
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 06 2009,05:08)
    Hi martian,
    You said in another trhead
    “A one-sentence description of Gnosticism is; A religion that differentiates the evil god of this world (who is identified with the God of the Old Testament) from a higher more abstract God revealed by Jesus Christ, a religion that regards this world as the creation of a series of evil archons/powers who wish to keep the human soul trapped in an evil physical body. Gnostics conjured up the idea that Christ was a spiritual being in a physical shell in order to avoid the concept of him having an “Evil Physical Body of the “Evil physical realm”.”

Surely it is rather a claim to greater KNOWLEDGE about spiritual matters and this KNOWLEDGE is based on sources other than the bible?

That is true to aome extent. These things I spoke of are not proven in scripture but are “spiritually discerned” by knostics. However, that does not mean that all outside sources are evil. It only means that the honesty of these sources must derive their proof from scripture itself.

martian,

what is scripture? what has been cannonized? if i were to say to you, enoch is greater than paul, and I will hold his teachings above pauls, does that make me lesser?

if you would take paul writings out of the cannonized bible, what would you have left? would it change the message? would it change christianity?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Gnosticism, where men favour 'revelations' from outside of Scripture, has never lost it's popularity

true nick,

but what is scripture? what has been cannonized? can a man hear the word and be given the same as one who has studied for years?

are we one in the same where we say oh, they were wrong in creating the trinity theory, but were right in the books that were chosen?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You say in another thread
    “Nick……..to start labeling again is not beneficial to our discussion Brother, Look you say show us How God put Evil in Chains , this is because you not realizing GOD is the CREATOR of (ALL) Things and the depth of Symbolism used in Revelations. Nothing exists that He did bring into existence, and He can Just as easily remove it also from man and animals. Jesus said if YOU being Evil (existing in a evil state) Know how to give good gifts shows man still has some light in Him, John said the Word (Spiritual intellect) was the light that enlightens EVER MAN the comes into the WORLD> Light is reckoned as Understanding while Darkness is reckoned as ignorance in scripture, we exist in a state of both, “if the light in you be darkness (how great) is that darkness”, another words how ignorant are you, conversely as were grow in understanding we are being enlightened more and more, until we come to see clearly as Peter said until the DAY STAR don in you Heart (Mind). We who understand the things of GOD are called Children of Light. God controls all of this giving some more light and even blinding others, so as there Is light and darkness there is also good and evil. but (ALL) is of GOD and He controls It ALL by the power of His might. Therefore all Evil and all Good has always existed and All of it created by ONE GOD. If you understand how Evil and Good Spirit (intellect) is created then you can understand How That creator can easily remove or give either one. Most people hate that thought because it takes complete control away from them, and all want to think they are in control of their destinies.
    Which is pure fallacy. All things are in control by ONE WILL even the allowance of our ignorance or enlightenment. ONE GOD, ONE WILL IN ALL And THROUGH ALL. ALL things are a result of the CREATION OF THE ONE GOD. IMO, So Nick if the light in you be darkness How great is that darkness, and the same applies to me to brother.”

You tell us it is God's Spirit that produces goodness.
    But God's spirit also gives us the truth in scripture.

Why do you not exalt such holy things instead of offering us your odd gnostic ideas?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2009,13:15)
    Hi,
    Gnosticism, where men favour 'revelations' from outside of Scripture, has never lost it's popularity

Indeed!

Even YOU find it popular and worthwhile. Are you Gnostic?
    You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth here, bro.

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Please show me if you believe so.
    Just because I say it is popular does not mean I favour it.
    Quite the contrary I believe it is tempting death to dishonour the Spirit in the Word of God.

Not3in1
    Participant

You don't remember our recent conversation regarding the canon and the “extra” books that you thought should be included?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The bible is a collection of books.
    Carnal men have chosen which are suitable for us
    What if some of the books you refuse to consider are anointed of God?

Enoch is quoted in Jude.

Not3in1
    Participant

You can't hear this?

{{{{CRACK! goes the Can of Worms!}}}}

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Gain an opinion by reading some.
    Or do they frighten you?

I grew up with the apocrypha too and love those insights.
    Adam Pastor quoted some of them yesterday

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Your missing my point. I personally have nothing against these “extra” books. My beef is that you are critical of other's (mainly Gene) about looking outside of SCRIPTURE, when you do it yourself. That's all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    To delve into one's own intellect and offer teachings that are not found in any of the holy books is gnosticism.

I am not suggesting Harry Potter is one of those books but many currently accepted in the canon were not accepted in the past. There are books that have been considered for the canon and I think Enoch may have once been in that canon but am unsure without researching it.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hmmm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    There are canons and canons.
    It was apparently in Tertullian's canon and is in the Ephiopian canon.

Not3in1
    Participant

So when you are telling folks to adhere to the “Scriptures”, and to what is “written”, what are you talking about?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Can you show me I have quoted anything as divine teaching from outside of the canon?

Peter states that the Lord said to the prophets “if then any of Israel will repent and believe in Yah through my name, his sins shall be forgiven him and after twelve years go out into the world lest any say “we did not hear” (Clement of Alexandra Strom 6.5.43)

If you hear the truth, you will know.

test all things

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account