Global Warming-Fact

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Couldn't agree more, Cato.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ACC,
    It is not the warming we should know about but the destruction of earth by the fire that causes men to hide in the mountains.
    2 Peter3
    7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Rev 8
    5And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

6And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

7The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Such is the expression of the wrath of God.
    But God has not destined us in Christ unto His wrath.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 30 2008,22:11)

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 30 2008,21:20)
    Stu, you forgot to mention evolutionists like Adolph Hitler who believe that one race is better than another and has the right to exterminate the supposed weaker one in order to fulfill the precepts of Evolution.

So now we have 3 on the list:

1) Humans contributing to climate change
    2) Religious nutters who get a virgin in heaven for every hundred infidels they kill
    3) Crazy evolutionists who reasonably compete for an ecosystem as specified in the theory of evolution

Oh dear, it is all new for you but groundhog day for the rest of us. Whose law says that the first person to mention Hitler has lost the argument?

I think you'll find it's 72 virgins for killing any infidels. At least that's the received wisdom. Fundamentalists should feel short-changed. They get no virgins for killing abortion doctors.

Stuart

Oh I see.

You are allowed to say that those who believe in God are a cause for evil, but not those who believe in evolution.

Right got it.

Yeah right!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    But godlessness is evil.
    1 Peter 4:18
    AND IF IT IS WITH DIFFICULTY THAT THE RIGHTEOUS IS SAVED, WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE GODLESS MAN AND THE SINNER?

Proclaimer
    Participant

True

They will not understand as it is written:

Daniel 12:10
    Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

Judgement lies at the end of the path for the wicked.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Whose law says that the first person to mention Hitler has lost the argument?

OK, will use Stalin then.

So would the world be much better without everybody who believes in God?

Well that would solve the possible human causing global warming as most people on earth wouldn't be here.

And if all that were left were Evolutionists, then I guess we would have a bunch of Homo Sapiens who were contending and competing for ecosystems and eliminating the weak according to survival of the fittest doctrine.

And all those who believed in love and the commandments of God such as thou shalt not kill, steal, etc would be gone.

So it would be a paradise right Stu?

:D

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 31 2008,08:19)

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 30 2008,21:20)
    Stu, you forgot to mention evolutionists like Adolph Hitler who believe that one race is better than another and has the right to exterminate the supposed weaker one in order to fulfill the precepts of Evolution.

So now we have 3 on the list:

1) Humans contributing to climate change
    2) Religious nutters who get a virgin in heaven for every hundred infidels they kill
    3) Crazy evolutionists who reasonably compete for an ecosystem as specified in the theory of evolution

Oh dear, it is all new for you but groundhog day for the rest of us.   Whose law says that the first person to mention Hitler has lost the argument?

I think you'll find it's 72 virgins for killing any infidels.  At least that's the received wisdom.  Fundamentalists should feel short-changed. They get no virgins for killing abortion doctors.

Stuart

Oh I see.

You are allowed to say that those who believe in God are a cause for evil, but not those who believe in evolution.

Right got it.

Yeah right!

Stephen Weinberg: Good people do good, and evil people do evil. It takes religion to make good people do evil.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 31 2008,13:37)

Whose law says that the first person to mention Hitler has lost the argument?

OK, will use Stalin then.

So would the world be much better without everybody who believes in God?

Well that would solve the possible human causing global warming as most people on earth wouldn't be here.

And if all that were left were Evolutionists, then I guess we would have a bunch of Homo Sapiens who were contending and competing for ecosystems and eliminating the weak according to survival of the fittest doctrine.

And all those who believed in love and the commandments of God such as thou shalt not kill, steal, etc would be gone.

So it would be a paradise right Stu?

:D

OK, you have changed a good Catholic for a murderous atheist. Maybe that will work better as an argument. Probably Hitler was some kind of Social Darwinist crackpot. I just wonder if Stalin was a well-meaning but crassly incompetent crackpot.

I have never advocated doing away with the religious. Leviticus advocates killing atheists, but no one here (except Is 1:18 maybe) seems to actually want to follow though with putting blasphemers and non-believers to death. Shame fundamentalists can't do what Jesus commanded, although I have to admit to being relieved about that.

Once again I think you miss the point somewhat. Evolution is how we got to love and believe that it is not right to steal or kill or etc. Don't think we are not homo sapiens competing for ecosystems and eliminating the 'weak'. That is precisely what is happening, faster than at any time in our history.

Stuart

Cato
    Participant

First of all, the thread was on global warming, I thought here at least there was some consensus.  I doubt that either Hitler or Stalin are representitive of either evolutionists or athiests, any more then Bin Laden represents the religious community.  What they do represent is extremism in its worst form.  As far as scripture or moral direction we should as I pointed out before be looking at our (mankind's) responsibility to the future of our planet and our coming generations.  And yes for those saying we should instead look out for some future destruction, by all means do so, but that does not exempt us from our current responisbilities as good stewards of God's creation.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Jan. 31 2008,23:54)
    As far as scripture or moral direction we should as I pointed out before be looking at our (mankind's) responsibility to the future of our planet and our coming generations.  And yes for those saying we should instead look out for some future destruction, by all means do so, but that does not exempt us from our current responisbilities as good stewards of God's creation.

I agree. The present is our primary responsibility to be stewards of this wonderful planet of ours until these things be fulfilled; although, we should not dismiss what God holds in store in the future for His Creation and that is not to forgot that there will be a New Heaven and New Earth as promised in Revelation 21:1-27 and Revelation 22:1-6.

Proclaimer
    Participant

True.

This is about global warming.

Proclaimer
    Participant

WOKE Climate Activist Loses It As Politician Sets Her Straight On Why We Can’t Ban Fossil Fuels

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account