Getting to know You

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 18 2008,05:37)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2008,20:51)
    Hi Stu,
    Sects follow human leaders.
    Those that are reborn into and follow Christ are the remnant.

kejonn and Stu! With this I agree and are united in Christ Jesus and whoever beliefs it too. That is the Church of God. In Spirit and in Truth we shall worship our God. It is not orgination at all. So take that to the Bank if you wish, but I already know that YOU will not.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Mrs,

But who is right? The above is not definitive because almost every Christian has been influenced in their beliefs by another human. Not to mention that humans wrote the bible. But beyond that, I've seen several instances where you and Nick disagree. Who is right in your disagreements?

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 18 2008,22:44)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 18 2008,05:37)

Hi Stu,

kejonn and Stu!  With this I agree and are united in Christ Jesus and whoever beliefs it too. That is the Church of God. In Spirit and in Truth we shall worship our God. It is not originating at all. So take that to the Bank if you wish, but I already know that YOU will not.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Mrs,

But who is right? The above is not definitive because almost every Christian has been influenced in their beliefs by another human. Not to mention that humans wrote the bible. But beyond that, I've seen several instances where you and Nick disagree. Who is right in your disagreements?

keyonn You going to have to be a little more passivise what disagreement you mean.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Stu,

Do you not follow the leadership of Paul?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Galatians 2:20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2008,06:31)
    Hi Stu,
    Galatians 2:20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

OK. You've caught me off guard there. I didn't expect you to agree with me so directly!

Stuart

Cato
    Participant

Stuart,
    This thread was started by seek to get to know one another. I know Nick has reservations about sharing anything personal and I respect that. How about you? I would be interested to take a peek into your background and life.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Mar. 19 2008,23:56)
    Stuart,
    This thread was started by seek to get to know one another.  I know Nick has reservations about sharing anything personal and I respect that.  How about you?  I would be interested to take a peek into your background and life.

Hi Cato

In the manner of the way people get to know one another face-to-face, I think if you were to read all I have posted here you could build a pretty detailed psychological profile of me. I'm not sure why you would want to, though!

Stuart

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 20 2008,06:33)

Quote (Cato @ Mar. 19 2008,23:56)
    Stuart,
    This thread was started by seek to get to know one another.  I know Nick has reservations about sharing anything personal and I respect that.  How about you?  I would be interested to take a peek into your background and life.

Hi Cato

In the manner of the way people get to know one another face-to-face, I think if you were to read all I have posted here you could build a pretty detailed psychological profile of me.  I'm not sure why you would want to, though!

Stuart

Stu All we know is that you are an Atheist and that is all. Are you married? Do you have Children? were do you live? Were is your Hometown? Where were you born? Would you like to share these things with us? Would be nice if you did!

Peace and Love Mrs.

Anonymous

Hello everyone, nice to meet you!

Ok about me. I grew up in Massachusetts in a small town. I lived in a single parent home growing up, so I took over the “mother” responsibilities of caring for my younger sister, cleaning house and cooking. Because of that, I've always wanted nothing more than to be a mom myself one day! :D

I met my husband when I was 14 years old, I wasn't allowed to date but since my mom adored him (he was such a nice boy) she allowed us to date at age 15. I'm happy to say that 17 years later we are still together :) We have two beautiful little girls (Ashleigh is turning 4 in May and Alyssa just turned 2). We live on Cape Cod now (my hubby is military and it was closer to his base). We are hoping for 1-2 more children (God willing) in the next few years.

We all love the ocean, growing up here who wouldn't! We like to go out on the waverunner when we find time, hitting the Cape Cod canal for rollerblading or running, and just generally spending time together (outdoors especially). My girls and I all LOVE LOVE LOVE to sing – it's such a wonderful blessing to listen to them in all their innocence singing Glory Glory Hallelujah (Ashleigh's favorite) or Baby Bumblebee (Alyssa's favorite).

I grew up in a Catholic church til about age 11 when my mom stopped going. Regardless, I always prayed and talked with God while growing up. I just had a strong faith in Him. During college, I realized I was looking for more… answers to the questions that my Catholic church upbringing had left me. I went to a Baptist church one day, they were showing me the answers to my questions IN the Bible and I got saved June 14, 1996.

I work a weekend shift (Sat, Sun and Monday) for a Medical Software company so that I can be home with my children during the week (I wanted to raise them myself if possible rather than daycare). I've been blessed to have the time with my children BUT I miss going to church terribly and have been praying ardently for another solution. So any prayers from you are welcome!!

Angel Thank you so nuch for sharing. I find it amazing that so many people have come out of the Catholic Church or were part of it in some way. I am so happy that you are here and learning to be united with us, I hope. We all have our own understanding in some area's,but the main thing is that we all believe in God. Except Stu.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Angelswings1976 @ Mar. 31 2008,14:04)
    Hello everyone, nice to meet you!

Ok about me.  I grew up in Massachusetts in a small town.  I lived in a single parent home growing up, so I took over the “mother” responsibilities of caring for my younger sister, cleaning house and cooking. Because of that, I've always wanted nothing more than to be a mom myself one day! :D

I met my husband when I was 14 years old, I wasn't allowed to date but since my mom adored him (he was such a nice boy) she allowed us to date at age 15.  I'm happy to say that 17 years later we are still together :)   We have two beautiful little girls (Ashleigh is turning 4 in May and Alyssa just turned 2).  We live on Cape Cod now (my hubby is military and it was closer to his base).  We are hoping for 1-2 more children (God willing) in the next few years.  

We all love the ocean, growing up here who wouldn't!  We like to go out on the waverunner when we find time, hitting the Cape Cod canal for rollerblading or running, and just generally spending time together (outdoors especially).  My girls and I all LOVE LOVE LOVE to sing – it's such a wonderful blessing to listen to them in all their innocence singing Glory Glory Hallelujah (Ashleigh's favorite) or Baby Bumblebee (Alyssa's favorite).

I grew up in a Catholic church til about age 11 when my mom stopped going.  Regardless, I always prayed and talked with God while growing up.  I just had a strong faith in Him.  During college, I realized I was looking for more… answers to the questions that my Catholic church upbringing had left me.  I went to a Baptist church one day, they were showing me the answers to my questions IN the Bible and I got saved June 14, 1996.  

I work a weekend shift (Sat, Sun and Monday) for a Medical Software company so that I can be home with my children during the week (I wanted to raise them myself if possible rather than daycare).  I've been blessed to have the time with my children BUT I miss going to church terribly and have been praying ardently for another solution.  So any prayers from you are welcome!!

I don't know what churches are in your area, but if you come to a point where you no longer believe in the trinity, you will have a hard time finding a church. Of course, it may be different up north! Baptists certainly believe in the trinity.

In any case, if you have Christian friends, you could always see if they want to have social gatherings at one another's house from time to time. Light snacks with soft drinks, coffee, tea etc. You could also have a short devotional and bible study as the focal point.

The first “churches” started in homes it seems (see Acts). There is a more “one on one” closeness you could develop from such gatherings.

Just something to look into.

lineon
    Participant

Hi People all things are possible with God
    He can create a nation from stone
    He can create man from dust
    He can say let there be lite.

He gave man a body            1
    He gave man a human spirit
    Man could not coup              2
    He gave man His Spirit.          3
    Lineon
    ??? ???

Quote (lineon @ April 21 2008,04:32)
    Hi People all things are possible with God
    He can create a nation from stone
    He can create man from dust
    He can say let there be lite.

He gave man a body            1
    He gave man a human spirit
    Man could not coup              2
    He gave man His Spirit.          3
    Lineon
    ??? ???

lineon! Are you willing to share about yourself? But I respect your Privacy if not.

Peace and Love Mrs.

lineon
    Participant

Sure Peace+Love. I am married to a fantastic woman.
    Our first marriage was in Namib Desert. To make the knot
    Leagal we married in church again.
    We have two kids, 23+4

I regulary go to church, the original WWCG.
    I am a electrician, I work from home.
    We live in the S.A. Johannesburg.
    And gues what I am also German.

Lineon

Wow, another German! Two kids, one that is 24 and then one that is 4 years old. Another Wow! And you are in the W.W.C.G. another Wow! One differece We live in the U.S.A. and you live in S.A. We also do not go to the W.W.C.G. any more since they went back to believing in the trinity doctrine. How did you end up in the S.A. from Germany?
    Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

lineon
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 21 2008,09:16)
    Wow, another German! Two kids, one that is 24 and then one that is 4 years old. Another Wow! And you are in the W.W.C.G. another Wow! One differece We live in the U.S.A. and you live in S.A. We also do not go to the W.W.C.G. any more since they went back to believing in the trinity doctrine. How did you end up in the S.A. from Germany?

Peace+Love, my parents came out here in 56.
    Then I was 3 now I am some what older.

I do not uphold traditions they seem to
    distance, person from person.

I really am not a talker
    But i am a walker.

Lineon :;): :;):

Quote (lineon @ April 22 2008,07:04)

I really am not a talker
    But i am a walker.

Lineon   :;):  :;):

Lineon! Since you were 3 when you came to S.A. do you still remember to speak German? Or what language do you speak besides English? We came to America in 1955 when I was 16. So you are 55 years young. Yes, I am going to be 70, uh. But I still do speak German, I still have a Cousin in Germany that I talk to occasionally. Besides it is good to know another language. Our Granddaughter is taking German in High School and we are able to help Her. So it comes in handy.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

lineon
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 22 2008,07:54)

Quote (lineon @ April 22 2008,07:04)

I really am not a talker
    But i am a walker.

Lineon   :;):  :;):

Lineon!  Since you were 3 when you came to S.A. do you still remember to speak German? Or what language do you speak besides English? We came to America in 1955 when I was 16. So you are 55 years young. Yes, I am going to be 70, uh. But I still do speak German, I still have a Cousin in Germany that I talk to occasionally. Besides it is good to know another language. Our Granddaughter is taking German in High School and we are able to help Her. So it comes in handy.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Peace+Love, 70 is not bad at all, some what
    Closer to Christ than me. :laugh:
    I speak Afrikaans+ German.
    My mother is still alive so I do
    Speak German to her and I did
    Attend German Schools.

But that is all in the past
    I am For Christ
    Who is approaching fast
    Did I say fast
    It should read only He knows.

Don't you want to publish
    Something in the peotry section.

Thank you for your interest. Lineon

Lineon! Do I want to Publish something? :laugh: :laugh: Funny, I don't think so. Your Mother is still alive, that is nice. I am looking forward to the return of Jesus too, better sooner then later.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Sis Irene started this thread to get to know other's here on a more personal level. Now that we have some newer member's I thought we could offer this again?

Please share, if you wish.
    :)

Love,
    Mandy

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account